Crush, No, Crushed

由 monkeybaby7

Love confessions change everything. But not with Ruth and her best friend, Les. When Ruth finally plucks up t... 更多

Crush, No, Crushed
chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6(part one)
chapter 6(part two)
chapter 7( rly short but i'll add more later)
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13(wow already? yay!)
chapter 15
Chapter 16 (part 1)
chapter 16 (part 2)
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
teaser :p
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28 (part 1)
Chapter 28 (part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31(part 1)
Chapter 31 (part 2)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 part 1
Chapter 33 Part 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 part 1
Chapter 36 part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 part 1
Chapter 40 part 2
Chapter 40 part 3
Epilogue
Alternate Ending part 1
Alternate Ending part 2

chapter 14

94.5K 548 146
由 monkeybaby7

Hey, I've been trying to find pictures of the characters...yeah thats not going too well. I can see them in my mind but its hard to just go searching for that online. So if you happen to come across someone who looks like one of the characters, could you please message me? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Renee had just dropped me off at school. My eye- lids were drooping from exaustion and I could barely walk up the stairs to my locker. I strongly dislike Monday mornings. You get used to waking up late for two days then suddenly you have to get up at six in the morning. I cannot wait until summer. Too bad I have to wait seven months. I slowly made my way to my locker which was on the other side of the school. When I reached my locker I saw that Les was already there. I had been expecting him to be outside with his friends. I walked up to him smiling. He smiled back and started to open my locker for me. I had given him my locker combination at the beginning of the school year because I always have a hard time opening it.

"Hey." I greeted him as I flung my jacket into the locker.

"Hey yourself." He said while watching me get my stuff for first period.

"So, how did dinner go last night?" Les asked.

I smirked as I remebered last night at dinner. My dad seemed like he was nervous about something. Renee and I are not stupid so we both noticed it right away. We forced him to tell us what was going on but he was still hesitant. He finally caved and told us that he has been dating this woman named Bethany. The look on his face when he described her told me that he was in love with her. I was happy that my dad had found someone. I couldn't bring myself to be mad at him for keeping it from us, he deserved to be happy. When he told us that he was going to ask her to marry him, Renee and I were both shocked but supportive. I told him that she would have to get our approval before he could ask her though. I don't want some mean b**** coming and taking control of our lives. My dad just laughed and said that we would love her. We are going to be meeting her sometime this week. She is out of town right now for some business meeting.

Les just laughed when I relayed last night's events to him. We headed to math and sat down next to each other. A few mintues later Nicole walked in and sat on the other side of me.

"Yo, whats up?" I nodded at Nicole.

"Nothing, yo." She said laughing.

"Where were you yesterday yo? I went by your house but your mom said that you and Nate weren't home....yo." I said trying not to laugh.

"You did? Nate and I just had to go somewhere. Sorry, I didn't know you were coming." Nicole looked away.

"No its okay. I was just stopping by. I spent the day with Les." I said poking him on the arm.

He put his hand over his heart, "YO! So now I am your second choice?"

Nicole and I burst out laughing just as the bell rang. I tried to get my laughter under control as the teacher came in and gave us a dirty glare. We sat there the whole class going over mid point and slope. I tuned out because I learned this last year and it was really easy. At the end of class Les said he would see me later and Nicole and I walked to history. I noticed that she was being really quiet and I wondered what was going on with her. When she was telling me where she was yesterday she seemed reluctant and a little sad. What were Nicole and Nate doing? I stopped her before we walked into the classroom and pulled her aside. The halls were not as crowded before so I didn't have to worry over people hearing us. The expression on her face showed that she was confused and worried. I didn't want her to be mad at me for prying into her life but I wanted to help her like she has been helping me. She keeps hearing me whine and cry about my problems and we barely talk about her. I am starting to feel really guilty.

"What are you doing? Is everything okay? Did something happen between you and Les?" Nicole asked frantically.

This is so like her. Worrying about me when there was obviously something wrong with her.

"No. Nicole, for once lets talk about something other than my problems. I feel like an awful friend. All we ever talk about is me and you listen and try to help. So now, it's Nicole time. Nicole, is there anything that you want to talk to me about?" I asked pretending to hold a microphone to her mouth.

She pushed my arm away and rolled her eyes. "Ruth, you are not an awful friend. You are just going through some stuff."

"You avoided the question Nicole."

"I don't want to talk about Ruth." Her eyes looked down.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

She didn't answer. I was starting to get worried. What is making her so sad? Why won't she tell me?

"Alright, you don't have to tell me. But know that I'll always be here if you decide you need to talk. Okay?" I told her.

"Thanks Ruth. I know." She smiled and looped her arm around mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day I was watching Nicole. She seemed a little happier after our talk but she wasn't the same bubbly Nicole that I knew. I let her be because I didn't want to force it out of her. This was her business and I had no right to pry. I just didn't like seeing her like this. During lunch Nicole avoided the topic by asking what has been going on with Les. I wanted to tell her about the Bowling Alley and the park but didn't know how to explain it. I also wanted to tell her about what I was thinking of Nate but since he is her brother i thought that would be weird. All I said was that I was getting mixed signals from Les and that there was something going on. She comforted me by saying that he was probably just going through stuff and didn't want to get me involved. I just shrugged and said that I was his best friend and he should trust me enough to tell me.

I also got the chance to ask her why she ditched me Saturday. I was confused when she smiled a knowing smile and asked, "Why? You didn't have fun with Nate?"

I laughed and told her I did but it was a little awkward. She grinned and said, "That's because there was some jealousy floating around."

I forced a smile and nodded my head. How wrong was she? Les proved to me yesterday that all we are is friends. We were heading out to the parking lot when Nate joined us. I smiled at him and he winked at me. My face must have turned a deep shade of pink because when I turned away from him I heard him give a low chuckle.

"What is so funny Nate?" I stopped and glared at him.

"Your face." He bursted out laughing.

"Good one." I said flatly.

" I know! Wasn't it?" He choked on his laughter.

"Why is Thyer over here laughing like a hyena?"

I turned around and saw Les looking at Nate with a weird face.

"I'm just laughing at Ruth. She is so funny when she blushes over me." Nate smirked at me.

I frowned at him and so did Les. Then I heard Nicole bust out laughing. I gave her a look that asked 'Are you crazy?' She chuckled and whispered in my ear, "Looks like someone is jealous."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah sure."

I looked back at Les and he was still frowning at Nate. He turned to look at me, then back at Nate. Then back at me and then sighed.

"Is there a problem Les?" I asked.

He looked up at me, "Nope. No problem."

There were a few awkward seconds. I waved and started to walk away so I wouldn't miss my bus.

"I'll see you guys later. I don't want to miss the bus."

"Wait. Do you want a ride?" Les and Nate asked at the same time.

Eh? That was weird. Nate and Les stopped and glared at each other.

"No dude, thats okay. I can take her. I live closer to her. Practically down the street." Nate offered.

"No No. She is my best friend. I wanted to hang out with her at my house anyway." Les told him.

"Maybe she doesn't want to go to your house." Nate argued.

"And maybe she doesn't want to be stuck in your hideous Nissan." Les growled.

"Really dude? Dissing my car now? Why can't she come with me? Are you jealous?" Nate sneered.

Les started to get closer to Nate. "Shut up." Les replied with a low and menacing voice.

"Make me jealous boy. I don't understand why you're jealous anyway. You broke her heart by telling her you just wanted to be friends with her. You don't deserve to be jealous." Nate said clenching his fist.

The look on Les' face was pure rage. I saw his eye start to twitch and I knew I had to intervene. I ran in front of Les right before he punched Nate in the face.

"Les! Stop it." I screamed.

He immediatly pulled his fist back so he wouldn't hit me. He was still glaring at Nate and had his hand in a fist. It took him a few seconds to calm down and take a step back. His face softened as he noticed I was pissed. I pushed him back and he looked down ashamed. As he should be.

"I'm sorry Ruth." He mumbled.

I scoffed, "Don't apologize to me. I wasn't the one who you were about to punch."

"He started it!" He yelled.

"What are you two? It doesn't matter who started it! You should know to stop it." I crossed my arms.

Les looked down again avoiding my gaze. That just showed he knew I was right. I heard Nate laugh and I whipped around to narrowed my eyes at him. As soon as Nate saw the expression on my face he stopped laughing.

"And you! Why did you have to instigate him? And why in the world did you bring that stuff up!? You had no right! If I didn't want to be friends with him I wouldn't. I am the one who decides who I want to be with and right now its neither of you!" I was really on a roll now.

"I'm sorry Ruth." Nate simpered.

"Like I said, don't apologize to me." I said pointing to Les.

Alright, lets see who apologizes first. I watched Les and Nate, waiting to see who would step up first. They just stood there acting dumb and staring into space ignoring Nicole's and I harsh gazes.

"Fine. Don't want to apologize? Then I'll see you later when you two can stop be a bunch of little babies." I grabbed Nicole's hand and started to walk home because I missed the bus having to deal with these two jerks. Nicole slapped Nate on the head as we passed him and muttered, "Idiot."

I laughed and Nate just glared at her and rubbed his head. I stuck my tongue out at him and he frowned. Nicole and I walked to my house while talking about how stupid those two were. Nicole kept saying that they were both jealous and I had to agree. Why would they act like that if they weren't? They could just care me about though and not want me to get hurt by the other one. I didn't care right now, they were both acting so immature and I was mad at them. Les was actually about to punch Nate! He has never been one for violence. I had a feeling that what Nate said struck a nerve. I can't believe he said that. I didn't hold a grudge about that, why did he? Boys are so confusing sometimes! I knew one thing for certain. I wasn't talking to either of them again until they apologized to each other. That should teach them. MUAHAHA I'm so evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading. Sorry for any mistakes. Comment and tell me what you think. What do you think Nicole is hiding? Where do you think she went with Nate on Sunday? And what did you think about the fight between Les and Nate? Do you detect any jealousy? lol sorry if there isnt much in this chapter, i'm having a little case of writers block. I have a few chapters before I can get to the part I am really excited about writing :)

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.8K 34
The Leisure Day of the Orcs 兽人之悠闲小日子 Author 扇上 Status 34 Chapters Description The netizen who finally had a crush on asked him to go out, and Morley...
7.8K 175 28
Different poems that portray different feelings, Feelings that are never been told, Untold Stories to be unfold, Read between lines, Those thoughts...
129K 6.4K 46
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
638K 56.1K 35
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...