I Hate My Brother (editing!)

By CherylVylona

COMPLETED ā€¢ ā€¢ ā€¢ "We can't keep doing this... Wayne's gonna kill you if he finds out." "Baby, y'know I'm not a... More

Chapter 1 āœ”ļø
2. edited āœ”ļø
3. edited āœ”ļø
4. edited āœ”ļø
5. edited āœ”ļø
6. edited āœ”ļø
7. editing in progress
8.
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

12.

10.3K 267 27
By CherylVylona

A/N: (I made the effort to edit the eye & hair colour, hahaha)
• • •

"That dude is so staring at you," Cass whispers into my ear.

I turn to check who she's talking about as discreetly as possible, but my eyes catch another pair staring right back at me.

"Nope, I'm not keen." I wave her off, taking a puff from my cigarette.

"Dammit! This one's actually cute!" She huffs, shaking her head with longing eyes for the extra effect.

"Keep him for yourself." I say dryly, Cass shooting me an odd look.

"One," she puts up her index finger, "he clearly wasn't eye-fucking me. Two," her middle finger raised up, "This is an experiment."

"An experiment?" I repeat after her.

"Mmhmm," she nods, contented. "For some reason, I noticed you get very distant with the male population; outside of parties, that is. And I'm trying to figure out why." Her dark brown orbs watch me in an intense gaze.

"So much for the psychology major, Cassandra." I roll my eyes when she winces at the usage of her full name. I haven't called her name in full ever since she told me to call her Cass.

"Stop psycho-analyzing me." I grumble and her lips twitch, tugging slightly at the corners. "I don't date."

Her face remains dazed for a second, before her smile drops. "Wait, you don't what?"

"Exactly that. I don't date, that's the reason I don't see the need to get close to anyone of the opposite gender."

"Are you for real? Like you're straight as hell, right? And I did hear about you and Justin Rickson making out. What do you even mean?" Cass looks genuinely confused. If my eyes work like X-rays, I'm sure I'll be able to see the gears twisting inside her head.

"I'll tell you after we finish this dumb showcase." I gesture to our surroundings, where the huge stadium ahead of us is filled with mixtures of soccer players, runners, cheerleaders and members of the military band.

She reluctantly agrees, although I can see the burning curiousity in her eyes.

It's the final day of orientation week in EVU, and today all classes are cancelled since the freshmen are invited to the co-curricular fair. By the university's rule, each student is required to take up something in relation to sports —either a fifth course or partake in an activity that focuses on physical fitness. Hence the idea of allowing every club in campus to showcase their abilities; in an effort to recruit new members.

Without a doubt, the sport teams draw the most attraction seeing as most of the students here applied to the sports-focused school for the sport they are keen in. On the other side of the huge campus ground are the basketballers, volleyball players, gymnasts and martial artists sharing the multi-purpose hall for their booths.

Most of the students are gathered at the stadium or hall, with only a handful lurking at random booths that are scattered around foyers. I had planned to take the extra course instead, but Drew texted me last night to persuade me to support him for his showcase, thus here I am.

"You sure about this? Most people would join something, y'know. You've seen how small the P.E classes are." Cass tries to convince me for the third time.

"I know. But I'm not into sports. And I'm not committing into anything that I don't have an interest in. Besides, you're gonna share the class with me this semester. It won't be so bad!" I reply as we take a seat at the bleachers, sounding more like I'm reassuring myself of the decision to add an additional class when my academics already suck with four courses.

We take a moment to breathe in the lively atmosphere, the clear blue skies bright and breezy. In the middle of the green field is half of the soccer team, all dressed in their respective jerseys. There's a crowd circling them, some conversing with the players while the rest stay back to observe them perform tricks with the soccer ball. I squint my eyes to clear my blurry vision, and spot Drew in his red and purple jersey in the number '07', all the way at the corner of the field where the track and grass meets. He stands rooted while in a light, jovial conversation with another similar-build blond.

Almost as if they sensed eyes on them, they look up and our gazes meet from across the stadium. Drew enthusiastically waves and nudges Zac who's next to him, before the both of them spring apart back to their own teams.

Zac, who's dressed in his white band t-shirt, goes to a drumset placed at the tracks and picks up his drumsticks. He sits down on the stool, prepping himself before he lifts the sticks to knock against each other three times. When the first beat drops, the cheerleaders nearby gets into formation. Him and his members play a lilting merry tune, the soccer and track teams pause their activities to let the fast-paced music consume all the little chattering.

"Woah," is all I say when the band cuts off at the same time one petite blonde is thrown into the air by her cheerleading team.

"Yeah," Cass matches me. "As much as I don't participate in the games, these four always put up a good show." I look around to see the stadium filled with at least half the amount of freshmen.

Just as the bleachers start to clear out, two large figures run up the stairs to our spots at the back. Drew plops himself down beside me while Zac sits opposite us, both of their foreheads glistening with sweat. A couple of girls seated nearby oogles at the guys, lurking behind just to steal glances of them.

"Good job, but I don't think you needed my support, Andrew." I scoot further away from him, nearer to Cass when his sweaty arm brush against my bare thigh.

"I sure did, babe, and why are you calling me Andrew?" He decides to move in towards me anyway, two drops of his perspiration drip from his chin to my arm as he leans his face close to mine.

I yelp, leaping up to my feet in an instant but failing to catch my balance. I trip against my own ankle, falling straight on a stiff wall which steadies me with one arm on my shoulder and another around my waist.

But I can't relish in the comfort of his embrace as I immediately feel the sweat-soaked shirt against my skin, causing me to let out a shriek and jump up.

"Oh my god go take a shower before y'all touch me!" I grunt while the three of them guffaw at my predicament.

"You don't find this manly?" Zac smirks, referring to his white t-shirt that's sticking on his torso, revealing a hint of abs beneath.

"Absolutely not!" He begins to lower his hands to the hem of his shirt, teasingly lifting it up inch by inch much to my surprise. I haven't notice what Drew is doing but when Cass calls out to me, it's a second too late. The both of them yank their shirts over their neck and throw them at Cass and I, landing exactly on our face. They erupt into an enormous belly laugh when we scream in horror, our eyes wide from the atrocity.

I ignore the lot of girls squealing at the two half-naked man and meet my eyes with Cass' dark brown ones. With a determined nod, the both of us prowl over our preys, their individual shirt in-hand. I position myself in between Zac's thighs, wrapping his shirt over his face in a mock suffocate. He tries to tug it down, but I keep my hands clasp tightly on it, forcing him to inhale his own sweat. Just when I assume he's surrendering, he pulls me down by my waist onto his lap, torturing me with his fierce tickles attacking my sides. I break out into an uncontrollable laughter, my hands falling completely to my sides to stop him.

"S-s-stop p-please!" I beg, the t-shirt no longer in my hands as I grip them tightly on Zac's wrists. From the corner of my eye, I sight Cass being a whole lot more smarter, attacking Drew with the shirt over his face from the back.

"Say you're sorry!" He demands, his large hands sliding up and down from my armpits to my hips as he further torments me.

"B-but you started it!" I exclaim, only for him to move his dangerous finger to my neck. I curl up into a ball in an attempt to shield my sensitive skin away from him but he forces me even closer than I already am, his bare muscled chest which is still sweaty pressed against my face. "F-fine I-I-I'm sorry!" I concede and he stops, chuckling at me with his gorgeous face hovering over mine. For a good few seconds as I recover from the attack, I stare into his chestnut-brown eyes, watching as his pupils dilate and look back at me in the same way.

Our moment is broken apart by the howling laughter from Cass and Drew next to us in a similar position. I sit up and sneakily attempt to give Cass a hand, but Zac tightens his arms around my waist, one finger pokes my side; threatening me to remain on his lap.

By now, we are all engulfed in their bodily fluids, our jaws hurting from the amount of laughing we did in the past five minutes.

"Alright kids, let's go, Wayne's bombing my phone." Zac announces when he whips his phone out from his pants' pocket.

Cass and I grimaces when we are free from the guys' sweaty embrace, cursing at them as they walk ahead of us and earning a sly grin when they turn their heads around after hearing it.

"Shhh, don't start!" I whisper, looping my arm around Cass as we make the walk over to the multi-purpose hall.

———
The four of us stroll to Building B where the indoor sports hall is located; made up of two full basketball court and rows of seats. Most of the people have already dispersed after the showcase, leaving behind a few loitering freshmen and the respective club members packing up their booths.

"Well hello there," Drew announces his presence.

Wayne turns around, wearing a black and gold boxing shorts, his matching gloves hanging over his shoulders. Standing next to him is none other than the queen of gymnastics; blonde hair pulled up into a tight wavy ponytail, her GK Elite leotard accentuating her breasts and small waist. Cass lets out a light groan when she came into her view.

"Took y'all long enough." My brother grumbles, rolling his eyes. His half-naked chest resembles the other two guys, who've decided not to wear their dirty shirt back, parading their muscles around campus.

"Where's Carson?" I ask, curious not seeing him for the entire day.

"He's with the AV team. Main building probably. We'll see him back at the house."

I nod.

"So, what's the plan?" This time Cass questions, seemingly annoyed at the close proximity with Bianca.

"I was thinking," Drew begins. "What about we stay-in tonight? Food, some booze and games. Just the few of us? It's been a hectic week."

Right then, Bianca and her girls behind move in nearer. I notice the two girls dressed in similar attire as Debbie and Lynn, their attention centered on the three guys as if they're Abercrombie models.

"Cool! Whose house is it gonna be?" Debbie speaks, poking her head from behind Bianca's shoulders.

"Sorry ladies, this is for those in our circle only." Drew responds as politely as he can, his hand gesturing to the literal circle we are standing in.

The two girls fail to morph their shock in time, their mouth agape as they absorb the words. Yet all I can manage is to smirk, secretly praising Drew inside my head.

"Kelsey?" Debbie finds my eyes, taking a step towards me and I find myself taking a step back.

"Yeah?"

"You wouldn't mind that we join, would you?" Her voice so soft you'll have to lean in and listen.

I so fucking would. "Um..." I start, trying to phrase it better.

"Quit being pathetic," someone cuts me off and I look up. "Of course she's going to mind. The world revolves around her now, don't you know that Debs?"

I feel my heart quickening, my breathing getting uneven as I stare back at enraged brown eyes already staring at me.

"I don't know where you get that idea, Bianca, but you seem like you can afford to say it in my face instead of indirectly shooting me off. That's just... immature." I mention, calmly, might I add.

The rest of the world goes silent as I tune them out, focusing solely on the fuming blonde. She hates me. For what reason, I don't know. The party, perhaps? She should know by now I'm no competition.

"Oh?" She scoffs. "You've got them wrapped around your finger, don't you? Let me remind you that you're simply the fresh meat they're toying with. You think you're a big fucking deal now, wait and see." Her pale, caked face scrunches up in disdain.

"Enough, B." Wayne clenches his fists and I momentarily glance up at his eyes, the green in it dull.

B? Really?

"You don't know us as well as you think, Bianca." The deep voice sounds from beside me.

"Oh would you look at that? What did you do to get all of them on your side? Sucking their cocks?" Bianca snickers, and it takes me so much effort to keep my own clenched fists down by my side.

"Bianca!" My brother roars, tugging her forearm to turn her to him, dragging her out of here.

"Psycho bitch." Cass mutters under her breath.

"What now?" I ask, glancing around the four of us. Debbie and Lynn followed behind Bianca while being pulled out of the hall.

"Now? Now I need a damn shower." Drew chuckles, making his way to the exit. He turns back a few steps away, shouting, "Parking lot in fifteen minutes!" Then he disappears out the door.

———
"She's just so bloody insecure. This isn't even the first time she's acting so crazily possessive. And hell, you are his sister! It's not like you're fucking him or something." Cass keeps rambling on about Bianca as we stroll down the aisles of Costco.

The four guys are further up front, pushing the shopping cart while Cass and I share a basket as we browse the snacks section. Wayne had managed to shake his side-bitch off and met us before we make our drive here.

"Jesus Cass, do you really need that much chocolate?" I shake my head at the amount of kitkat, kinder and hershey's in the basket, then put the ferrero rocher back to the shelves.

"He did say take whatever we want!" She rebuts, referring to Carson who's paying since he was late earlier. "But really, I can't figure out why your brother is still putting up with that psycho."

"I don't know," I shrug. "Perhaps she's a good lay? Ask him."

"He scares me a little."

"What?" I raise my eyebrows. "Since when?"

"Since I started hanging out with you. He's a lot more stern and quiet in private. It's kinda hot, but still."

"Please, don't. You know I don't take compliments about him so well."

"He's hot! Your brother's broodingly hot! Scratch that, he's more than hot!" Cass deliberately annoys me, her voice getting louder as it slowly slips her mind that said person is just right ahead of us. I pick up my pace, closing the distance between us and the guys while Cass follows me without noticing; her head facing me as she throws out disgusting praises about Wayne's face and body.

"Like have you seen the bulge in his pants?" Wayne turns around, having clearly caught that sentence and hearing his name come up in bits and pieces. I stifle a laugh, maintaining a poker face as I let Cass continue her frenzy. "God, he's so sexy in that dark blue skinny jeans!"

All four of them hears it and I see them glancing down, checking their pants.

"You can't tell me you don't agree!"

"I don't. I'm certainly not gonna think of my brother that way." I grin. This dumbass hasn't realize that we've stopped walking now, queueing up at the line for self-checkout. The guys by now silently chuckle, waiting for Cass to notice she's been heard.

"H-he's like the mother effing sun! He's so hot it literally melts me!" She gushes and I can't hold it in anymore. I burst out laughing.

"So, like, you sweat... down there, from the heat?" Wayne adds on, an amused smile plastered on his face. Drew and Carson laughs while Zac smirks, all of them watching Cass as she snaps out of her trance, her face paling in horror.

"I'm gonna strangle you!" Cass yells in my ear, causing me to flinch and drop the basket in my hand. It lands on the floor with a 'thud', packets of chips and sweets spreading out on the ground as the mortified brunette puts me in a head-lock.

"Jesus Christ!" I wriggle out of her arms, hopping across the basket to hide behind my brother's back without thinking. The customers in line throw us stink-eyes at our public nuisance. Carson and Zac squats down to retrieve our stuff, while Drew tries to calm down Cass from her king kong exhibition.

"Y-you! Oh god!" She hides her blushing cheeks behind her palms, before stealing a peek through her finger gaps. "I didn't mean it! Don't take it seriously, please. Kelsey! Explain!"

I giggle behind Wayne's back, gripping his shirt to tip-toe and peep from behind his shoulders. Wayne shakes his head with a lop-sided grin, turning his head to meet my eyes for a split second before facing Cass again. That's when I realized it's my brother, the brother I couldn't stand to even be in the same room with one week ago —standing so close to me now while I lean against his back.

How? When? Why?

You hate him, Kelsey! Keep reminding yourself that!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 9.3K 59
#1 in youngadult as of December 2018 NEW VERSION on my profile, now COMPLETE!!! This story is super cringey and the new version is way better, so ple...
55.6K 1K 20
Kelsey Rivera hates being a new student. She hates school. And most importantly, she hates people. Growing up, she had a terrible life. Her mother w...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
12.7K 401 27
Growing up Charlotte Parker and Tyler Andrews were close and when he cut off all contact after he went off to college, she was heartbroken, but fate...