OBSESSED

By badroommate

BOOK ONE of the Falling for a Muller series -(-)- her heart is on the mend, but his eyes are already set on h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
sequel

40

30.6K 858 60
By badroommate

LEAH

The week passed in what could only be ultrasonic speed.

I worked late every single day and the real highlight was disciplining a few of the bank employees for catty behavior.

I had a sneaking suspicion there might be something stirring with the bankers. They could be so petty sometimes. I wouldn't mind, except their childish antics added more paperwork and tasks to the chaos of my normal work week.

By the time I clocked out on Friday, all I wanted was to down a glass or two of rum while bingeing Netflix. I thought about messaging Jarrod but we hadn't talked as much this week and I didn't want to be a bother.

We had enjoyed a really lovely Tuesday morning together but something still unsettled me about him. I had texted Anne back but all she'd said was that she'd be in the area soon if I wanted to hang out.

I didn't really want to hang out with her, given how our friendship had ended and the things she'd accused me of doing. She could see I opened her message, though, so not responding would just be rude.

Just as I tied my kimono on and pulled up Netflix, my phone dinged with a text from Isabelle.

ISABELLE: haven't seen u in a hot minute

I almost rolled my eyes.

Since that fateful night at the bar a few weekends ago, Isabelle and I had been in a little hiatus. Unspoken, of course.

I was still a little pissed that she'd been such a bitch about Adam. She let me know the next morning that she was alive but I hated that she had been so stubborn without even a good reason.

Bygones be bygones, I thought annoyedly.

Besides, I missed her. We didn't usually go so long without hanging but Jarrod had been preoccupying me lately.

LEAH: Sorry, been working a lot. What's up?

ISABELLE: well its time u get ur ass over to me so we can get drunk and make fun of Ryan😜

It seemed she was well over what happened last time. I sighed.

I was hella tired. I didn't feel like getting into any fights with anyone tonight.

But I also knew that if I saw my best friends raging together on socials without me, I'd get FOMO and be miserable regardless.

LEAH: what u got in mind??

ISABELLE: Ryan and his new play thing want to go sing karaoke tonite

ISABELLE: we can tag along get wasted and sing livin on a prayer again

Chuckling, I shook my head.

She was referring to one Saturday a few months ago when Ryan talked us into singing karaoke while completely blitzed. It had been one of the few occasions Danny went out with my friends and, of course, I made the biggest fool of myself. He said it was funny but I could never get over how he'd laughed at me with Isabelle.

Something about that night left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. Like the way they'd look at each other or something stupid.

I tended to get hung up over little things in our relationship and Danny had often reminded me of that character flaw of mine.

Fortunately, that asshat wasn't around to make me feel weird or watch me embarrass myself.

LEAH: youre right, im in 😏 txt me name of the bar

Once she texted me the name of the place, some pub I'd never been to, I padded to the bedroom to get ready. Foxy trailed after me and positioned herself on the bed.

"What should I do?" I asked her. "Should I text Jarrod?"

I distinctly remembered our previous conversations when he had mentioned the twenty-minute check-in rule.

It was stupid. I was a capable, grown ass woman. I hadn't checked in with anyone since I was in high school and I didn't care to start now.

That being said, I didn't want to piss him off. I liked whatever we were doing and I didn't want to risk that over some stupid rule.

Then again, I never agreed to that and he still slept with me. Maybe there was hope for compromise.

In the end, Foxy and I agreed to call him. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him anyway. The call went through and rang a few times before ending at voicemail. I hung up and sent him a text.

LEAH: hey, hope your day is going well🤗

After pawing around in my closet for thirty minutes, I tried on a few outfits and decided on a burnt orange jumpsuit and nude wedges. I could even accessorize with my fave long, gold necklace.

The outfit was flattering enough but the real perk was that it gave me the illusion of at least being average height. Us shorties embraced all the opportunities to seem taller.

Since I had time to burn, I strolled into the kitchen to make myself a slice of peanut butter toast. I nibbled on it while thumbing through pages of some overly dramatic romance novel I'd been reading.

I pulled on the jumpsuit at six and fixed my makeup, adding thicker eyeliner and re-contouring my face from this morning. I finished myself off by curling the ends of my hair.

Ten til seven, I was ready to go. I sent for an Uber to get me. My goal wasn't explicitly to get hammered tonight but I was willing to let it happen.

Alcohol would always be my weakness. I felt fucking invincible when I was drunk and, honestly, who cared about being insecure when you could be laughing?

That was my philosophy, at least.

Ryan was already at the pub when I arrived, so I headed over where he'd said the booth was. The place wasn't exactly hopping at this hour and I liked that.

Everything was dark and there were some hockey games playing on the televisions.

My eyes locked onto a mop of curly brown hair and I all but ran over. He was dressed in jeans and a patterned dress shirt with a denim jacket draped over his squared shoulders.

Damn, he always looked good. Seated beside him was another twenty-something with short hair and blonde tips.

They looked like two models hanging out after a shoot. I was about to totally soil their image that thought made me smirk.

"There's my hottie tottie," I said.

Ryan lifted his head first. "Loca." He grinned at me.

I hugged him as well as I could with him sitting down and then turned to the Ken doll at his side.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Richard." He studied me with bright blue eyes and perfectly tapered eyebrows, extending a hand.

I took it and shook it firmly. "I'm Leah. Pleasure to meet you."

"You can also call her Loca," Ryan butted in with a smirk.

"Only if you don't like having balls," I retorted. At Richard's confused look, I clarified. "Ryan has exclusive privileges to call me by that terrible nickname. Anyone else gets castrated."

His eyes widened.

Ryan chuckled. "Be nice to this one, Loca. I want him to stay around."

I collapsed into the booth across from them and sighed. "I think you'll learn where I get that nickname by the end of tonight, Richard. I'm generally a nice person. I promise. I just do stupid shit."

"Who doesn't?" Richard said with a warm smile.

"Yeah, he can stay." I winked at Ryan.

We spent a few minutes chatting and then Isabelle called to say she would be late. No one was surprised. I ordered a peach martini and settled in beside the guys. Richard left to use the bathroom and I scooted over to Ryan.

"So," I putted, "are you two like a thing or just hanging?"

Ryan glanced after his retreating boy toy and then turned back to me. "Nothing official yet. I like him, though. I thought about asking him tonight."

"Really? You, the biggest slut I know, wants a boyfriend?" I beamed. "He must be a good catch."

"Definitely the biggest catch."

My jaw fell open and he laughed. "So, what do you like about him?"

"He's funny and he can keep up. We get along like we're riding the same wavelength."

"You're riding something alright," I quipped.

Ryan's mouth smirked up. I giggled excitedly. This was great news for my man, who was always on the prowl and never seemed content to settle.

"Well," I told him, calming down, "if he hurts you in anyway, I will cut him."

Just as Ryan rolled his eyes, Richard reached the table.

"I hope that wasn't me you were threatening," he said with a nervous smile.

"I mean, it's only a threat if you hurt him." I shrugged.

"Oh, okay." Richard happily sipped from his cocktail.

We spent about thirty minutes sitting at the bar, drinking and catching up. I filled them in with the details about last weekend and Monday night, excluding the bit about Jarrod's ex. It was too weird to admit I was involved with a guy who had a crazy ex-wife. That would make me sound 1) old and 2) dramatic.

"We like mind-blowing sex," Ryan said. "Do you think it's legit? Like, you would want to be with this guy?"

My head bobbed in a weird, uncertain nod. "I like him and he doesn't seem like Danny 2.0, even though Isabelle is convinced he is."

"Isabelle is convinced of what?" chimed a familiar voice.

We all turned to acknowledge Isabelle in her skintight body suit. She could wear a whiskey barrel and make it look stunning.

Beside her was the boyfriend that Ryan passionately disliked. Isabelle and Sebastian had been on and off for the last few weeks, but she looked cheery to be with him.

I guess Adam the rocker really had been just a one-time thing for her. Sebastian's arm snaked around her waist as he if could read my thoughts.

"Izzy!" I jumped up and hugged her. "Good to see you again, Sebastian."

"You too, Leah." He smiled deservedly, per usual.

"Come sit," I beckoned them, patting the space beside me.

The next few hours sped along with the aid of many cocktails and laughter. Ryan slowly warmed up to Sebastian after a few beers. We all liked Richard because he was nice and made us laugh. He was hot, nice and funny. My man did good.

Isabelle charged up to the stage for her and Ryan's turn at karaoke. I pulled out my phone to record what would inevitably be the shame of my friends tomorrow and I vaguely noticed a slew of texts from Jarrod on my lock screen.

Ignoring them for the moment, I opened my camera and recorded Ryan and Isabelle singing Aerosmith off key and very drunkenly. Isabelle fell off the stage at the end of the song and I barely caught it on video before dropping my phone in a rush to her aid.

"Jesus, Isabelle!" I cried as I helped her stand up.

Sebastian and Ryan were beside me, checking her over for injuries.

"I think it's time we head out," Sebastian grumbled.

"Probably a good idea," I agreed. My head was already starting to hurt.

"You catching an Uber?" Ryan asked me.

"Yep."

He tugged me into his chest and banded his arms around me. "No slipping in the shower. Got it, Loca?"

I scoffed. "Please. I am no amateur. I learn my lessons on the first go."

"Uh huh. Be safe," he said, squeezing me one more time.

By the time the Uber arrived, it was a little after one. At least that's what I thought the time on my phone read.

The alcohol must have been sloshing around in my brain because I couldn't see shit. My vision was limited to about a foot in front of me and everything was kind of blurry.

I could barely tell it was my house when the Uber stopped.

"Is this your place?" the driver asked.

I smooshed my face to the window and could barely make out the fake plants on my porch. "Oh, yeah. This is the one."

Collecting my purse, I climbed out of the car and immediately twisted my ankle. I think the driver asked if I was okay but I just stood up and I wobbled towards the house.

I made it halfway up the driveway when the front of my wedge caught in a crack and I tripped over.

My brain didn't register the fall, but I felt pain sprout all over my knees.

"Damn crack," I muttered. "And not the good shit, either."

"Leah. Leah."

My head tilted back as Jarrod appeared beside me. His hands were on my arms, lifting me up. I leaned into him with a deep sigh.

"Jarrod, hi." I pushed my face into his shirt. He smelled like his mouthwatering cologne. "My knees kinda hurt."

"Easy there, honey." His familiar, husky timbre put me at ease."Are you okay? Can you make it inside?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

He held me firmly by the waist and guided me to the door.

"Where's your key?" he asked.

I pointed to the rocking chair. "Over there. Under the right leg thing."

"We will be finding a better place for this," he muttered as he retrieved it.

My eyes slid shut. I leaned into the door and swallowed down the scratchy wool in it. The lock clicked and I was guided into the wonderful warmth of my house. Something silky wrapped around my ankles. I automatically reached down to grab my cat but my balance was worse than I thought. I would've fallen straight on my face except that Jarrod was there, stabilizing me with his scrumptious muscles.

"Sit here," he ordered. "I'm going to get you some water. Where do you keep your ibuprofen?"

Wetting my papery lips, I said, "In my bathroom over the sink."

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, Jarrod was shaking me awake. I squinted at him in unfettered irritation.

"Take these." He opened my hand and placed two gels in them. "Here's some water."

My head started to spin but I managed to get the pills in my mouth and wash them down with water. Sweat beaded at my temples. I was suddenly burning up. My hands reached down to grab the hem of my dress but I remembered I'd worn a jumpsuit. Stupid me.

"We need to talk," Jarrod told me. I had a feeling it wasn't the first time he'd said that tonight. "What are you—Leah, focus. Stop that."

"It's hot," I whined. His gaze pierced mine and I wiggled uncomfortably.

"I'll put you to bed in just a minute," he said, not sounding thrilled with me. My stomach dropped to my twisted ankle. "Where were you tonight? And why didn't you answer my messages?"

I sunk into the couch and hugged Foxy to my chest. "I was with my friends." I sounded defensive even to myself.

"Why didn't you check your phone?"

"I-I did. I just forgot."

"You forgot what?"

"To read them. Isabelle fell off the stage and I had to help her."

He swore under his breath and pinched the bride of his nose.

"Can I go to bed now?" I asked.

"Baby," he started with a sigh. His eyes were softer as they found mine, though I had a hard time focusing on him. "This is why I need you to text me every twenty minutes when you're out. You could've gotten hurt. What if that Uber driver hadn't brought you home?"

An ugly, slimy feeling settled inside me. I stroked my hands through Foxy's fur and wished I was alone.

"I'm just trying to protect you," he said. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

Jarrod helped me off the couch and took Foxy from my arms, placing her where I'd been seated. Grabbing my hand, he led me to the bedroom. I watched as he peeled the covers back and fluffed the pillow. Then he turned back to me.

"I can do it," I protested.

"I'm going to do it for you anyway." He moved behind me and unzipped my jumpsuit.

I audibly moaned in relief. Cool air probed at my sweaty back. I shuffled forward until my knees hit the bed and I crumpled.

"Up you go," Jarrod said, lifting me by my hips and placing my entire body on the bed.

"You're strong. Really strong."

He pulled the covers over me and thumbed my cheek. "You scared me tonight, baby. I was really worried about you."

The earnestness in his voice melted me. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"It's okay, honey. We're going to talk about this again tomorrow."

I nodded. The world was already slipping out of my grasp, darkness and sleep taking over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 33.6K 68
THEY SAID, DARK LOVE'S DART FIND FIRST IT'S DESTINATION SHADOWS THEN YOUR SENSES; RIGHT OR WRONG DARK AND DIM WINSOME AND WONDERFUL TARGETED AND T...
39.3K 967 8
( Male Yandere x Female Reader)(Oneshots) β†’β†’ There is something in you that attracts boys . But these aren't any ordinary boys. They are insane...cra...
1.2M 29.3K 36
**This is an extremely dark romance** When Angel's dad passes, her mother meets a new man. Tragically for her, this new man has a step son...and he...
707K 9.4K 12
"You don't spare me even when I'm in my menstrual period", Taapur said and covered her small body with the blanket. "Blood is Red and Red is my favou...