//BEARING ARMS//RDR2//ARTHUR...

S0UP66 द्वारा

Arthur Morgan, a crucial gunslinger of the Van der Linde Gang, joins in on the usual coach robbery, when sudd... अधिक

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
RDR2 Announcement!!
-ANNOUNCEMENT-
Final Author's Note
Author's Note
-UPDATE-
Quarantine Time

Chapter Twenty-One

4.7K 144 80
S0UP66 द्वारा

They had finally reached their destination that Arthur had come to name as The Deer Cottage.

It was an eerie place to lodge in. It did not look uninhabited, but it was. There was a fire already set inside, usually there was, and the water still ran. The cabin contained few cobwebs, but other than that, it was relatively well kept. Arthur had once stayed and had fallen asleep inside and had woken up to the furniture moved around.

He was not a skeptic, but the cabin did challenge his beliefs. However, The Deer Cottage had always been a reliable shelter, so he returned to rest when in the area.

Arthur hitched his horse on the post outside the wooden abode. "This be the place," he said while turning to (Y/n). He admired the way her hair waved as she hopped down from her horse. Arthur could not help but take in the sight of her each time he got.

"What are you smiling about, cowboy?" (Y/n) teased. "It may be getting dark out, but I can still see that blush on your face!" She was definitely in the teasing mood.

Arthur used to be easily embarrassed when (Y/n) would talk to him in such a way, but not this time. He had grown to know her more. She was no longer just a lady he fancied; no, (Y/n) was now his love. That much between them two was known now. There was no sense in being bashful.

"I'm smilin' at you, beautiful." He really wanted his mind to come across now. He walked to (Y/n) after she stopped in her tracks.

She was giggling at his sudden change of endearment. (Y/n) knew by Arthur's actions that he cared deeply for her, but she had to admit, it was good to hear such nice words leave his mouth. "I've only been smiling because of you," she said, looking up into his eyes as he held her close.

He scrunched his face, "Oh, I'm not much to smile about." Arthur was enjoying making (Y/n) laugh; it was addicting. Finally, he had someone to share his joy on a similar level. Yes, there was Hosea, Lenny, even Dutch at an earlier time, that he laughed along with- but (Y/n) was different compared to that. He actually cared about making her happy and felt like it was more of his duty to make her life pleasant.

She frowned in a joking manner, "Eh, you're right, I suppose. You can be a bit of a handful at times-" (Y/n) began to part away from Arthur's embrace only to be pulled back again.

"What do you mean by that?" He said while laughing out. "I've been nothing but a gentleman to you!" Arthur was trying to be funny, but when he thought about it, he had been very kind to (Y/n). He gave her nearly everything he could offer.

(Y/n)'s face was gleaming. Never had she thought she would appreciate someone's presence more than the man before her. She felt lucky. Any other man that attempted to hold her so close (Y/n) would have surely shoved away. But not Arthur. "Oh, I don't know about that!" She continued to mess with Arthur, leading him to do the unexpected.

"Alright, then," he said. "I'll show you how much of a crook I am since you insist I'm everythin' but a gentleman." Just then, Arthur scooped (Y/n) in his arms and gave a quick peck on the cheek of her face.

"Mister Morgan!" She shouted, her giggles escaping her lips. (Y/n) circled her arms over his shoulders as he walked towards the cabin's doors. She could not help but feel her heart overwhelmed with love.

The cabin was illuminated with a yellow light aura. The night and its constellations were visible from the window and through their slightly sheer curtains.

Arthur playfully dropped her onto the bed in the cabin. For a moment, they had caught their breath from their laughter while staring into one another's eyes. His palms were supporting his weight as he hovered over (Y/n)'s frame. Then, Arthur's lips came crashing down onto her's. (Y/n) returned the kiss and their night went along full of love, laughter, smiling, and amusement in one another's arms.

* * *

The morning sun came once more and shined into Arthur's eyes. He blinked a few times, slowly familiarizing himself with his surroundings. He could hear the birds chirping outside the window and the breeze blowing against the glass pane. The hair on Arthur's head was a complete disarray. His blue- green eyes trailed down to see (Y/n)'s pretty face resting on his bare chest.

He smiled at the sight. Her hair loosely sprawled on the sheets and hands touching his skin. Arthur remembered last night and could not stifle a chuckle. He rubbed the back of his lover's head, making (Y/n)'s lips curl in her sleep and cuddle closer to his form.

Arthur laid there, taking in the moment. Who knew when a moment like this would happen again? After the loss of so many members of the Van der Linde Gang, he realized life was short. He had to accept and enjoy whatever bitter-sweet moments life threw his way.

"Good morning, my Pretty Boy," (Y/n) said before stretching to give a good morning kiss.

Arthur greeted her in return. "I'll get us somethin' to start the day with. You stay here, I'll be right back." He began to stand up and dress himself.

(Y/n) sat up in discomfort. "Let me," she winced, "come along-"

"No, no, you stay here."

"Okay... fine," she gave in. (Y/n) was still exhausted; she would be dead weight joining him for hunting anyway at the moment.

Before leaving, Arthur walked up to (Y/n) and kissed her goodbye. "Like I said- I'll be back in a bit."

The door closed and she could see him mount his horse and ride off from the window. (Y/n) decided to get dressed after staying there briefly. It felt uncomfortable for her to move, but the more she did, the better she got. After dressing, she sat down on the chair beside the fireplace. "I love him so much..." (Y/n) said.

Never had she been so intimate with a man. Last night was her first and only time she had done anything of the sort. Her parents must have been rolling in their graves; their daughter, giving herself away to a man outside of wedlock. (Y/n) had to admit, she did feel guilty, but she could not have cared less because of who she had been with.

She wished this was her life. Without gangs, no running away, no worrying, only Arthur and their company together. It was a dream worth reaching for. (Y/n) felt it could be possible. Her and Arthur surviving on the land alone with each other supporting one another. He was a good man and she saw that.

For a while, (Y/n) dawdled in thought, thinking of a better life. Then, she began to fix the cabin up, until the door creaked open. Arthur walked in holding something wrapped in cloth.

"I caught somethin'," he said quite proudly.

"Rabbit?"

"No, I actually caught us a deer. Brought back as much as I could and the pelt." He unveiled the meat that was wrapped in the fabric and began to cook it over the fire (Y/n) started.

She joined him at the fire and pulled something out from her pouch. "Here," (Y/n) said, "whenever we're out and about, I've been picking herbs." She handed over some mint and oregano.

Arthur was kind of impressed. "You remember what herbs to pick?"

"How could I not recognize them?" (Y/n) asked. "You drew the plants I needed to know so neatly on paper within the first week of meeting me." She then brought out the folded paper from her pouch. "You're very talented, you know? Such an artist you are!"

He was at a loss of words. Honestly, he did not know how to respond to someone liking his sketches, let alone calling him an artist. Arthur drew a lot in his spare time in his journal, so he was in practice. He never let anyone read his journal. That was confidential. It held his true thoughts and his deepest secrets.

"Thanks..." Arthur said. "I sketch every now and then, you know, about the things I find interestin' while ridin' around." He was slightly blushing.

(Y/n) held a look of adoration towards him. "That's a neat hobby. I'd like to see more of your creations some time," she said.

He smiled awkwardly. It was normal for him to receive compliments on his shooting and hunting skills, but never his sketches. It was more of a personal thing. He cared for (Y/n) so much, he was willing to let her have the insight on his sketches- especially since she rather appreciated them.

"Maybe," he said. "Now eat your food. I worked real hard to catch this."

The two ate in silence because they were so hungry. Arthur finished his food first and went out to the back of the cabin to chop wood. After quickly finishing his chore, he pulled out his journal. Because (Y/n) liked his work, Arthur decided to draw even more. He wanted to one day surprise her with all the sketches he made for her.

After a few minutes, (Y/n) called out for him. Immediately, he shut his journal and packed it away. It was time for the two to head back to the camp. They were gone long enough.

* * *

The couple were passing through Saint Denis on their way to the camp. The town was its busy self as usual, except for the police. For some reason there were more on patrol than usual. "What's going on around here?" Asked (Y/n), genuinely concerned.

Arthur squinted, trying to figure out the scene. "I'm not too sure. We should try and lay low any way." He continued to survey the area, until a poster flew into his face, causing him to stop his horse.

"What happened? What is it?" Asked (Y/n).

He pulled the poster off his face and inspected it. "It's just a Goddamn missing poster-" he froze, a ball forming in his throat.

"Arthur, love?" She asked. (Y/n) lightly kicked her horse to catch up next to him. "What does it say?" The look on his face was scaring her.

He read it aloud, "It says, MISSING (Y/n) Robinson, a young lady with (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair. Last seen in Valentine. $7,000 reward if found. $1000 reward for leads or information. Contact local police to report or return." Arthur was in shock. The poster even had a picture along with the description.

(Y/n) was shaken. She did not think this would happen. The money reward was insane to begin with, encouraging people even more so to be on the lookout for her. "But, I just-"

"Who could possibly be looking for you?" Arthur questioned. He could not lose (Y/n), not after everything they had done and discovered. He needed her in his life for the better and so did she.

She sighed and her voice trembled. "I- I'm sorry Arthur! We have to talk, but not here. We have to leave right now."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

274K 12.1K 33
❝Reckon I'm a bit like a dog, aren't I? She showed me kindness once and now I keep thinking about coming back.❞ ❝A dog is far too domesticated for yo...
21.8K 397 30
-* "Now that things have spiraled out of my control, I don't know if what I'm choosing is the correct path...but tsk, who am I trying to kid? I knew...
87.7K 2K 38
After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents...
47.6K 2.2K 20
➵ ❝Y'know... I ain't a good man.❞ ❝You're good to me, and that's enough.❞ ➵ Arthur Morgan had heard many tales about grand treasures hidden all over...