Depth

By AMAC45

Cairo is a very closed off person. She has a lot of layers to her and most of those layers she won't let anyo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

14

8.5K 150 37
By AMAC45

Cairo's POV

Weirdly we have the next day off as well so I'm taking Lindsey to the Lisbon Oceanarium which is where we are walking up to now after locking the rental car. Once inside the oceanarium I intertwined our hands and we went to the first exhibit. Lindsey about lost her mind when she saw the otters. It was cute. She also has a lot of questions about the fish which made me fall for her even more.

"What's that one?" Lindsey asks pointing to a big fish on the other side of the glass.

"That's an Ocean Sunfish. They get their name because they lie on their side on the surface of the water to sunbathe." I say. 

"Ooh what's that shark called?" She asked pointing to a Black Tip Reef Shark.

"I bet you can guess what it's called." After a couple seconds she gives up. "Do you see any distinct markings on it?"

"Ooh they have black tips." She says with a smile causing me to smile and squeeze her hand.

"Yep. Those sharks are called Black Tip Reef Sharks. Scientist can be lazy when naming things."

"Hey I know that fish!" Lindsey points out excitedly.

"Which one?" I ask since there is a shit ton of fish where she is pointing.

"The long skinny one. It's a barracuda. Only reason I know that is because of Finding Nemo."

"You're so cute." I say then kiss her nose causing her to blush.

"That one looks like a leopard." She says.

"That's a Leopard shark." She looks at me incredulously causing me to laugh." I told you scientist take the easy way out when naming things."

"Thats a very pretty fish."

"Thats an Ornate Wrasse...It's a very odd fish." She looks at me to explain."Some females change sex."

"Thats weird." Lindsey says and I nod then we continue walking.

"Damn that's an ugly Shark."

"Oh yeah. That would be a Sand Tiger shark. They'll fuck you up if you piss them off." Lindsey raises an eyebrow at me. "Don't worry I leave them alone"

"Good. Ooh is that a White Tip Reef shark?" Lindsey says and points to another shark with white tips.

"That'd be correct."

"How do you know so much about fish?"

"Well besides diving I have a degree in Marine Biology."

"You are just full of surprises Cairo." Lindsey says and I shrug and we continue walking.

We're almost at the end of the Oceanarium and seeing Lindsey happy made me very happy so I pulled some strings while she went to the bathroom and since I've helped this aquarium before while I played in Spain they agreed to do what I wanted.

"Hey Lindsey I have a surprise for you." I say when she gets back to me from her trip to the bathroom

"What is it?" She asks all excited.

"Well come this way and I'll show you." I say and grab her hand and instinctively intertwine our fingers. Soon we get to a door and I stop us. "Do you trust me?"

"I do." She says.

"Okay then. I'm gonna put my hands over your eyes so the surprise isn't spoiled until its ready. Okay?" She slowly nods. Then one of the employees told me the surprise was ready. "Actually it's ready so I'm ready when you are." Lindsey nods so I open up the door.

"HOLY SHIT IS THAT AN OTTER?" Lindsey yells when she lays her eyes on the otter that was in the water before us causing me to laugh. She then leans down and watches the otter.

"Yep. This is Micas. She's an 18 year old female." Lindsey isn't really listening. She is too busy being captivated by the otter so I lean down next to her and place my hand on her back to get her attention. "Do you want to feed her?" I ask and her eyes widen, she nods her head vigorously and she smiles that beautiful smile of hers. We're given a bucket of shrimp and I tell Lindsey what to do.

"Okay take some of the shrimp and hold it in your hand. She'll do the rest." Lindsey looks nervous. Probably doesn't want to be bit. I lift her chin so she is looking me in the eyes "Lindsey I would never put you in danger. Okay? " She nods and holds out her hand and Micas uses her hand to grab the shrimp causing Lindsey to squeal in excitement. Cute.

"Oh my god. That is the cutest noise ever." Lindsey says when she hears the otter's noise it makes when asking for more food. We play with the otter for another 30 minutes until we need to go so we wash our hands and walk out of the room after intertwining our hands.

Soon after we are outside of the Oceanarium and headed to the car.

"Thank you Cairo that was so much fun." Lindsey says.

I raise our hands and kiss hers. "Of course Lindsey. This has been the best day of my life."

She stops us which confuses me. "Sorry I just really want to do this." She says. I don't have time to say anything because she smashes her lips on mine which startles me, but I kiss back almost immediately. We kiss for what feels like ages. Only reason we stopped is because we are in the middle of the parking lot and we get honked at causing both of us to giggle.

"Alright lets go get something to eat before we have that movie night tonight." I say once we are in the car.

- - - - -

"Hey guys how was the date?" Mal asks when we enter the meeting room for movie night.

"It was amazing. Cairo took me to an aquarium where I got to feed an otter and then she took me to dinner." Lindsey says with a smile.

"How'd you pull that one Cairo?" Alex asks.

"I've helped this aquarium before when they needed to capture a sick animal so they owed me one."

"Cairo I thought you hated aquariums." Christen says.

"I do." I say.

"Why do you hate aquariums?" Abby asks.

"I see those fish in their natural habitat and once you see them in their natural habitat it's just not the same."

"So why did you take Lindsey there then?" Pinoe asks.

"Because diving is a huge part of my life and so is Lindsey so I wanted to be able to show her why it means so much to me since she means a lot to me too." I say causing the girls to coo and Lindsey to blush.

"So does that mean you two are a couple?" Kelley asks while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yes it does." Lindsey says then kisses my cheek causing me to blush now.

"She scared the fuck out of me when I asked her though." I say.

"What'd she do?" Ali asks.

"She said no with a straight face and I was so confused for like ten seconds then she burst out laughing which confused me even more and then she said she would love to be my girlfriend." Everyone laughs.

The rest of the night is spent watching a movie. Lindsey and are cuddled together the whole time. I didn't really watch the movie. I just enjoyed the fact that the girl in my arms is my girlfriend. After the movie ended I walked Lindsey to her room and kissed her goodnight.

Her lips taste like cherries. I like cherries now.

After I left Lindsey's room I walked back to my room and took a shower. After my quick shower I was met by Allie and Alex sitting on Alex's bed.

"Hey Allie. What are you doing here?" I ask while putting my stuff away.

"Hey Cairo. We need your help." She says.

"What with?"

"After this camp Allie and I are going to Iceland with our husbands." Alex says.

"Ahh yes the guys who are lucky enough to call each of you their wife." I say and they blush for some reason. "so where do I come into this equation?"

"Well can you teach us some words to know?"

"Um yeah that's not a good idea."

"What why?"

"The Icelandic language is hard to speak and even harder to pronounce. The locals won't care if you try to speak the language, they just wont understand your words."

"Oh." Allie says.

"Yeah. Most of the population understands English, but there are a few words I can teach you if you want."

"Sure."

"Okay halló means hello, bless means goodbye, and takk means thanks."

"So halló, bless, and takk." Alex says and pronounces everything correctly.

"Very good Alex."

"Anything else we should know?"

"There's stuff about the culture I could tell you about. Like what to avoid doing."

"Okay."

"Don't make small talk...they don't like that. Don't use sarcasm. English is a second language there and sarcasm could get lost in translation. Don't take pictures of the locals. Don't talk about politics. Whatever you do don't say Iceland is like Norway's adopted brother because you will start a fight. Don't be loud. Are you guys doing going to any saunas or thermal pool?"

"Yeah most likely." Alex says.

"Okay well there is a strict hygiene policy there so everyone will have to shower in their birthday suit when you get there. There isn't a class system like in America so the locals don't really care about social courtesies."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't be surprised if you find someone burping, slurping, or farting in your general company. Just pretend to not notice if it makes you uncomfortable."

"Oh"

Yeah...Don't complain about the local delicacies. No matter how disgusting they may look and sound. And whatever you do do not touch the swans."

"Why?" Allie asks.

"The swans will fuck you up."

"Okay...How do you know all of this?" Alex asks.

"I lived there for three years." I say and they look at me shocked.

"Why?"

"Goodnight girls." I say then turn in my bed to where I'm not facing them and go to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.1K 18
Just my gay ass writing about hot women with all respect
650K 15.1K 96
11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis Astrid is called up. What will happen wi...
26.2K 701 13
Emily Sonnett's world was recently flipped upside down, putting her in a state of misery and frustration. She feels as though she has lost control ov...