Dark Side

By talkatyourownrisk

Sophie is a vampire and has been since the 1500s. Her brothers and herself attend a local high school where s... More

Dark Side - Chapter One
Dark Side- Chapter Two
Dark Side- Chapter Three
Dark Side- Chapter Four
Dark Side- Chapter Five
Dark Side- Chapter Six
Dark Side- Chapter Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Eight
Dark Side-Chapter Eight (#2)
Dark Side- Chapter Ten
Dark Side- Chapter Eleven
Dark Side- Chapter Twelve
Dark Side- Chapter Thirteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fourteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fifteen
Dark Side- Chapter Sixteen
Dark Side- Chapter Seventeen
Dark Side- Chapter Eighteen
Dark Side- Chapter Nineteen
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty One
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty One
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Four
Dark Side -Chapter Thirty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Forty
Dark Side- Chapter Forty One
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Three
Dark Side- Epilogue

Dark Side- Chapter Nine

1K 23 2
By talkatyourownrisk

"Ian!" The shrill voice that could only belong to one person followed me.

I turned to see exactly who I thought it was. Shannon. She's convinced she's my mate; she makes it her hobby to ruin my day. So just to piss her off- I ignored her.  My plan worked when she stormed over, flinging her hands up in the air and scowling. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. She stomped up behind me and spun me around, forcing me to face her.

"Did you hear me?" She snarled.

I didn't answer; go this chick couldn't take a hint. Don't get me wrong she's beautiful, her blonde hair half up half down, her blue eyes covered in make-up. She was tall and model thin. I tuned her out as she ranted on about listening or something like that. Jack stood behind her suddenly, nodding and smirking at me. I scowled at him before tuning back into Shannon’s speech.

"- and how are we supposed to communicate, let alone connect, if you don't listen? Seriously, Ian you need to mature. I'm not your mother, I'm your mate." She yelled

"How may time do I have to tell you?! You're not my mate!" I snarled.

"Stop ignoring the signs Ian!" She shouted back

"You're fricken crazy!" I stormed off, not caring about her, or her feelings.

Jack followed me as I went into the woods. Peeling off my clothes behind a tree, I let the change happen. For a second I felt free, nothing but a soul. An entity with the world swirling around it. Then my body changed my spine changing, a tail growing and my nose getting longer. At first it was painful but now a day it was easy and relieving. Before long I was standing beside Jack as a big black wolf. Jack sighed and he shifted too, before long he was my identical but two shades lighter, with brown eyes instead of my bright blue ones.

I turned my back to him and ran. I let my feet take me where they wanted me to, listening to the sounds of my paws. Jack followed me, trying to talk to me through our minds but I blocked him out. I liked Jack and all but I didn't need to be talked down to.

I kept running for hours, not noticing that Jack stopped following me. Not even aware I was on her land. Not aware of the eyes watching me, and sure as hell not caring about the footsteps I heard every few minutes.

                 ************************Darrin's Point Of View*****************************

Shock was probably the first emotion that emerged when I saw the black wolf sprinting across our territory. This thing was huge, like someone put it on steroids for years and just let it go. I was out alone, of course, dodging Sophie. Just in case she decides to get me back. Darn girl was my puppet master right now. The wolf rain it's butt off and I couldn't help but follow it.

In all honesty, I was a terrible ninja. There were very few bushes that would conceal my figure and with every step I pictured both Sophie and Brian laughing at me.  Brian would be at the house by now though with Sophie nearby. We'd only given up on patrolling the perimeter of our land a while ago. I decided I needed time to myself so I stayed behind, I mean honestly there's never any Darrin time.

I watched as the butch wolf grew more and more concerned about my presence. It was understandable though, the poor thing had a born killer four feet from it. I was prepared to attack it if I need to. What I wasn't prepared for was the sudden spin and low growl that erupted fro it. It's ears where pinned back to its massive head as it's black tail switched from side to side in an annoyed way. The wolf sniffed me out growling even more in my face. I stood from the ground I'd been trying to crawl on with my hands raised in a surrendering motion.

"Okay you got me," I smirked, "What's the big bad wolf going to do?"

The black wolf stood there, as if deciding something, then trotted behind a tree. I stayed glued in spot, trying to decide whether to leave or wait for it to come back. My curiosity got the best of me though. I stayed in place shifting my weight from foot to foot.

A man came out from behind the tree. I snapped my eyes away as I realised he was nude. Some people, seriously who walks around naked? Realization hit me when I remembered there had been a wolf behind that tree seconds ago. I looked back over at him, focusing on his face. His hair was a messy mob of black, his eyes bright blue. He looked like he wanted to burst into laughter as he watched me study him.

"Who are you?" I asked

"I could ask you the same." He retorted

"Not when you’re on my lands." I smirked

He sighed and shook his head, "Ian."

"Why are you here?" I asked as I moved towards him.

"Just running off steam." He shrugged

"Not to harm us?" I wondered

"No, why would you- Oh." Ian stuttered as he realized the giant house behind him, "I'm sorry I didn't notice."

"I see that." I mumbled.

I looked over as someone stepped up beside me than sighed as I looked over to see Sophie. She had her arms folded across her chest and her eyes scanned over our intruder. I looked back over at Ian just in time to see his eyes widen. He quickly gained control though and he suddenly looked bored.

"Who's this?" Sophie snarled

"I think you know." I mumbled after all she didn't tell me about werewolves.

"I don't." She sighed looking from me to Ian, "Who are you?"

"Ian." He shrugged.

"Well, Ian you should make yourself scarce before our brother gets here." She threatened

"Please." I smirked.

Ian gave me a questioning look before he turned back into a wolf. It happened fast. Like lightening and before I knew it he was off. As soon as I was sure he was gone I glared at Sophie. Her almost purple eyes stared back and I saw every little wall in her mind go up, she was defiantly hiding something. Her expression turned from blank to guilty as she realized why I was glaring at her. Sophie swallowed uncomfortably and pushed her dark brown hair behind her ear as she eyed up a far away tree. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms, waiting for her to talk first, and she did.

"Darrin, I..... You had to figure it out for yourself." She spat.

"Sophie, I'm not two, I can go to the bathroom by myself, can't I? You could've at least mentioned this." I waved to the spot where Ian once was.

"I didn't know they were here until a couple days ago." She gulped

"I didn't know they existed!" I shouted

"Don't be mad." Sophie whispered

I looked down at her and sighed, "I can never be mad at you can I?"

Sophie offered me a small smile as she started the way back to the house. My mind replayed the events that had taken place mere minutes ago. So werewolves do exist. I'd never thought a human could transform into an animal. Might as well find a witch waiting on the couch when we get home. Did Brian even know? If they both knew and kept me in the dark there was going to be some serious problems.

We entered the house and to my disappointment the only witch on the couch was Brian. His eyes went huge when I mentioned werewolves and I relaxed a bit knowing that he had no clue like me. He was instantly down Sophie's throat about not telling us but I told him to back off, those two were always at it. When we'd finally settled down I climbed the stairs to my bedroom. I just opened my door when I remembered the open window. I'd left it open earlier for one of my science experiments. I was supposed to see if any bugs would make their home in an open window. I honestly hated some bugs, and my science teacher. Honestly? Will bugs make homes in open windows? Yeah probably. Just the thought of bugs crawling all over me made the hair on the back of my neck stand up though. I took a deep breath in as I saw the window clear of creepy crawlies and I slammed it shut before anything could get in.  I quickly opened it back up though as I heard a faint 'ow'. I smirked down at Samson who was rubbing his fingers and scowling at me.  He ran up the side of the house and punched me in the face before climbing in the window.

"Whoa, uncalled for!" I muttered rubbing the side of my face.

"You deserved it man." Samson smirked

"What'd you want anyways?" I pried; people don't normally dangle from our windows.

"Just checking out what’s going on." He explained.

I leaned against my bedrooms door frame, "You mean what's going on with Sophie?"

Samson shrugged and walked into my room. He'd always been interested in Sophie, a little too interested if you ask me. He'd been slowly getting over her. But something made him start all over again. I sighed following behind him; this was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1.2K 26
Regret is one of the most worst emotion that you could even have. Thinking If you never did this or did that thing would of been different. That's w...
3K 178 30
Dani and Rose ,two best friends move into an apartment together.New loves are discovered, fights are had,pranks are pulled, secrets revealed.There is...
438K 6.6K 41
Arianna Hope is a child of a rich family, but doesn't act like it. She spends her free time volunteering, contributing to charities, keeping a perfec...
3.6M 56.9K 33
Princess is chosen to become the next Alpha of the world famous Ninjan Pack. She has been trained her whole life to become an elite warrior and the A...