Destiny

By StoriesByPerson

The future said it, it was their destiny. But the future can be wrong sometimes. First snowbarry fanfic. Don... More

Enjoy
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one .1
Twenty one .2
Twenty two .1
Twenty two .2
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
New Story
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty-Two
Sneakpeaks of Upcoming Flash Stories
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Fifty
Fifty one
Fifty two
Fifty three
Author's Note
Fifty four
Post Cred
Author's Note

Forty-three

927 28 3
By StoriesByPerson

Despite God Speed's promise to stay away from his family, for now, it didn't mean August was going all of a sudden go missing or abruptly quit working at CCPD. Barry knew this, but that wasn't going to not make him go insane at work.

Luckily, Barry did his best to stay away from him. As did Julian when he could. Whenever August was out on a crime scene or break, Barry would be analyzing evidence or writing files in the lab and vice versa.

Due to this still, Barry urged the other members to stay away from the station, especially Caitlin. He didn't need his enemy to know any more people who were connected to him being the Flash. It took everything out of Joe not to pin August up to a wall by his neck.

Fortunately, the news of Caitlin carrying two babies had not reached their outer social circles yet. Even though he knew that would be an unthinkable solution, it was still kept far back in his mind. No matter how much he wanted it not to be a possibility.

Days at work felt just okay for Barry until he had to face his largest issue in about three months. That was until Julian took a few vacation days to visit family back in England, and there was a job needed for two expert CSI's on-scene inspection.

...........................................................................

Barry glared at August, looking up from his clipboard, as he inspected the scene. How did he conceal his maniacal urges so easily, why was Barry having a harder time not to expose everything right then and there?

"This is just apart of his cruel game," Barry thought.

"Allen," August called out, "pass me an evidence bag."

Barry just stood there in his thoughts.

"Allen!" August said again.

Barry did nothing. Noticing the situation, Captain Singh intervened.

"Allen!" He yelled, "Do you really have the nerve to skip work without a note for 6 months then daydream on the job. Get back to work!" He said walking away while Barry passed August the evidence bag.

......................................................................

After investigating the crime scene, the CSI team returned to the lab to analyze the evidence.

How does he do it? He's just acting like everything is normal, working, doing his job as a CSI, pretending to be August Heart and not the metahuman physco serial killer he is. Pretending that he didn't just bargain his child for the life of his and Caitlin's.

Barry rambled to himself in his mind.

Barry couldn't help but glance up from the DNA analysis machine at August, nonchalantly flipping through papers. Barry was thinking the unthinkable, ending it right then and there, August was always extra cautious when it came to concealing his true identity and intentions, he wouldn't see a vibrating hand coming.

But what good would that do, Barry thought. His children having a murderer as a father.

"You know all this pouting won't do you any good," August said, still looking down at his papers. "There's nothing you can do, so there is no point in whining about it. You lose, Flash."

Wanting to snicker back, Barry refrained himself. One, the team really didn't have all that great a plan, except giving up just one of the twins, which Barry and Caitlin definitely didn't want to succumb to.

Barry decided to continue to ignore him and try focusing on working. Soon Joe walked in with a gift bag in hand.

"Hey Joe," Barry greeted, "what's up?"

"I just wanted to drop this off before my shift ends," he replied placing the bag on Barry's desk. He pulled out two adorable fluffy teddy bears, about the size of a baby. "Gifts for my grandchildre-ild... My grandchild," He corrected himself, earning himself an odd look from August.

"Thanks Joe," Barry replied giving his dad a hug.

"Why are there two?" August interrupted.

"Umm..," Barry stuttered. He can't find out!

"Well, if this baby is anything like Barry as a kid, having a backup is a very safe bet," Joe saved.

August only nodded and went back to work. Joe and Barry said their goodbyes and Barry continued to work besides his nemesis for another three hours. He wasn't sure how he was going to do it for the next three months.

...........................................................................

"Now this isn't fair," Caitlin complained while being pushed out of her lab in a wheely chair.

"You know Caitlin," Cisco began, as he pushed Caitlin into the cortex, "I think you're the only person I know who thinks not working, eating 10000 calories without being judged, and sitting down all day, isn't fair."

"I'm completely fine to work you guys," she responded. "You can't just expect me to do nothing while we're all trying to work on something to help Barry's speed."

"Sure, but we do expect you not to collapse from stress and exhaustion in your lab by overworking yourself... again," Cisco responded.

"It was one time," Caitlin whined back.

"One time we would all want not to repeat," Julian said walking into the room. "Barry went mad."

"C'mon Cait," Charlie said sitting down beside his sister. "Just relax."

"I don't want to relax, I'm telling you all I'm fine," she argued.

Pushing the chair out of Cisco's grip, Caitlin quickly tried to stand up and march back into her lab. Although it was too quick for her to handle and she felt her legs give out under her, her sight get blurry, and her body feel fatigued.

"Woah!" The three caretakers exclaimed catching Caitlin before she hit the floor. The pregnancy had gotten difficult in her third trimester. Carrying twins had already made her stomach bigger and heavier than other pregnancies, but the new high-calorie meta diet and inconsistent drain and impulse of power had made it difficult.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Barry asked, arriving at the labs and seeing Caitlin being held up by three guys close to the floor. He quickly went to help her back up and hold her.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Are the babies okay?" He began rambling.

"I'm fine, babe. They're fine," she responded.

"No your not Caitlin," Julian said, "I know I'm not as good as a doctor as you, but I am pretty sure you should go on bed rest. For you and the babies."

"No, no," Caitlin shook her head and looked down, "I can't."

"Why not Cait?" Barry asked holding her chin up with his hand while his other arm was wrapped around her, holding her up.

"We only have a few months left Barry, and I can't do anything to help..."

________________________________________
I finally updated!!
Ah
What do y'all think?
Honestly...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 166 27
Barry and Caitlin have been friends for a while now. Something that no one knows is that they have both developed feelings for each other. Neither of...
25K 351 40
Barry, from a young age, thought that Iris would be his ideal girlfriend, since he always had a secret crush on her. Caitlin, has not completely over...
3.7K 139 15
set shortly after the season 8 episode 13 so spoilers duh. Caitlin gets kidnapped, deathstorm traps the team in star labs but Barry isn't concerned a...
352K 9.1K 103
Becoming the fastest man alive has opened so many doors for me but the one it couldn't was something I needed to slow down for. I met her by chance b...