The Seven ✦ {Avengers}

De HarperEPierce

After almost a year of being used as weapons with HYDRA, a group of seven rather special women are rescued by... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14: Christmas Special I
Chapter 15: Christmas Special II
Chapter 16: Christmas Special III
Chapter 17: Christmas Special IV
Chapter 18: Christmas Special V
Chapter 19:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23: Valentine's Day Special II
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Epilogue:

Chapter 20:

77 2 0
De HarperEPierce

A/N: Hey guys! Back at it with another chapter! *whips* (sorry that was cringey) Anyways, sorry for this being another filler chapter, but there are a lot of little things that need to happen before the big stuff happens. I swear it's coming soon! Anyways, enjoy!

- Harper E. Pierce

Lexi had woken up the next morning, expecting it to be around three o'clock in the morning from a nightmare, when really, it was almost eleven-thirty; much later than when she usually slept until. She attempted to get up, but she found something holding her there. Or rather, someone, when she discover it was someone's arms holding her waist. What brute had she brought home this time? But she noticed that one of the person's arms didn't feel much like an arm at all, it was... cold. That could only mean one thing-

"Shit. What have I done?" She muttered to herself. "Or rather, who?"

"Good morning to you too," Bucky groggily said, moving a little closer to her. She flipped over to face him in the bed, forcing him to let go of her.

"You heard that, didn't you?" She asked him.

"Yep," he replied, sitting up a bit, "I don't want to deal the awkward aftermath of last night, so I'm just going to ask this. What does this mean for us?"

"We're barely friends, we're coworkers, and we just slept together while attempting to solve personal issues with each other,"

"No, I mean... feelings wise." He asked her. What did it mean? She certainly didn't like him like that; they were barely even friends. They fought all the time. There was no romantic feelings there. Right? It was just a one night stand.

"It was a one-night stand that shouldn't have happened," she made up quickly.

"Well that was honest,"

"Bucky, it was good sex, I can't deny that. But that's it; I have no romantic feelings for you. I don't for anyone, that's just how I am."

"But you're willing to sleep with someone without liking them?"

"I'm not going to deny that I find you attractive, but I don't have any romantic feelings for you, and I know that the feeling is mutual."

"I kind of hate that empathy thing," Bucky sighed. Lexi giggled, and took his arm. "Do you think we should continue this?"

"Like a friends with benefits thing?" She replied with a small smile.

"Yeah, like that." He looked down at the bed, trying to hide his smile.

"I'm down for that," She agreed, keeping her gaze with his, "but this is going to be kept between us,"

"Agreed."

-

"Stop following me! Stay the hell away from me! I don't want this life anymore!" Quinn screamed at her phone. It had been about two and a half weeks since Christmas now, and she was getting phone calls from the people she dreaded hearing from again.

"You can't run away from us, Quinn. I can't believe you would betray our family like this." The person on the other end replied.

"I'm not part of your family anymore!"

"You running off to join the Avengers may've been one of most disappointing things you could've done to us yet. But now, we know where you are, Quinn. Avengers Tower isn't exactly a great hiding spot."

"You'll never get to me, I'll kill you first."

"Oh but we will. We will kill every one of those stupid heroes you call friends if we have to. You're coming back home very soon, sister."

"I'm not your sister."

"Quinn, no matter how many times you change your last name to get away from us, to leave and forget about us, you'll still always be part of the Alcaraz family. You can never run from your blood. The Avengers will soon find out about you, and they will never forgive you for your past. You don't belong on the good side of the law, you belong with us. You belong with your family. We're coming for you, and you can't run from us this time." The person hung up on the other end of the line. Quinn put her phone down on her nightstand, tears streaming down her face.

She had promised Steve she'd stop drinking and smoking weed, but this time it was different. She had nowhere to run, and it was only a matter of time until her secret was out. She couldn't just desert the Avengers, they would find her in no time. If her family was able to find her in just over a year and a half, they would be able to find her in six months. As much as she wanted to tell everyone now, to get her family off her back, she still couldn't tell the Avengers. Mainly because she definitely couldn't tell one specific person; Steve.

Quinn lit up a hand-rolled cigarette at the thought of him. She grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels she still had hidden in her closet and took a drink from it as well. She sat on the floor, leaning against the foot of her bed.

Steve was so good and giving, he hadn't done anything that wasn't honourable in his entire life, even the little Civil War they had against the law last year wasn't dishonourable. He was generous, strong, kind, righteous... everything she wasn't. Quinn didn't think she could name a single time she had done something honourable.

She didn't know why she cared so much about what Steve thought of her, she usually didn't care about what anyone thought of her. The Avengers had become her family over the last year and a half. It would be hard to leave them, not only because they would find her, but because it would hurt her to leave.

"You broke your promise," Steve suddenly appeared in the doorway of her bedroom, causing her to jump. He had a disappointed look on his face.

"How long have you been standing there?" She asked him nervously.

"I only got here about five seconds ago, FRIDAY told me that you were smoking again," he slowly walked into the room. He sat down beside Quinn, looking at her with those innocent blue eyes with a little sadness; and it wasn't just that Quinn had broken her word.

"What's wrong?" She inquired, her voiced laced with concern.

"Nothing," he shrugged.

"You're a shitty liar."

"Language."

"Stop dodging the question," she demanded.

"Bucky's been keeping things from me again. I'm getting worried. I'm starting to think that the HYDRA stuff is coming back, but he won't tell me anything. He keeps telling me that it's not HYDRA, and not to worry about it." Steve told her.

"If you want, I can find out for you,"

"I think we're okay. Strangely enough, he seems fine. Actually, better than usual. And have you noticed that him and Lexi haven't screamed at each other once this week?"

"I know, it's weird."

"I'm also starting to worry about everyone in general though. Tony's been in his workshop basically since Christmas, and he's been distant. Bruce has been too,"

"Aren't Skylar and Tris with them most of the time too? They haven't changed, they've been acting normal."

"That's why I'm thinking that they're not telling us something, I don't think Skylar and Tris know either."

"And Lorelei's eyes haven't changed colour. It's just all these little things piling up," he turned to her, "you know what, give me that." He gestured to the cigarette.

"Steve, this is the only one I've lit up, let me finish it and I'll put it out. It'll be the only one I have tonight," she snapped back.

"Not for that," he shook his head. She furrowed her brows in confusion, and handed him the dart. Instead of putting it out like she expected, he did something neither she nor he expected; he put it to his lips and took a puff. Quinn's eyes widened at the blonde, but she burst out into laughter when he began to cough like a maniac.

"Jesus Rogers, I never took you for a junkie." She joked.

"Remind never to do that again. How you stand the taste of that stuff?"

"You kinda get used to it. I haven't really though, I don't smoke enough."

"That's a good thing. Speaking of, what's causing you, other than your lack of good judgement, to turn to drugs again?"

"Nothing really,"

"You're also a crappy liar."

"You'd be surprised,"

"If it's the same thing as last time than you really should tell me,"

"I know I should, but I probably won't."

"Quinn, pleas-"

"No, Steve. End of discussion."

"Look, I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I really care about you. I want to know what's going on,"

"Oh you do, do you? Just like you care about Sharon Carter?"

"What? No- what are you talking about? Sharon haven't seen each other in months," Steve furrowed his brows, "are you... jealous of Sharon?"

"What? No! I don't get jealous, I'm Quinn Al- Atkinson." She almost said the name. She didn't think he noticed, but the thought she heard from him told her different.

"What are you hiding?" He thought, but noticed her eyes had changed to a familiar gold colour. "Stay out of my head."

"I would if you trusted me,"

"I would if you didn't lie to me,"

"I wouldn't if I didn't care,"

"So you do care about me?"

"That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I don't really want to talk about it, so drop it."

"You didn't answer my question." Steve told her. She completely paused and stared him directly in his blue-green eyes. She didn't notice how close their faces had gotten until that moment either; their faces were only inches apart. At this thought, her facial expression softened, but her heart began to pound in her chest. She couldn't read his mind, he would know. Steve's expression softened as well, and he began to lean in, closing his eyes. Quinn's heartbeat quickened even more as she closed her eyes. She leaned in closer to him, cupping his cheek. Their forced kiss at Christmas was about to actually be real, their lips were almost touching.

"QUINN! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT STUPID SKUNKY SMELL?! HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING POT AGAIN?!" Lorelei yelled, almost at the door. Moment ruined. Thanks Lorelei. Quinn and Steve quickly shifted back beside each other just as Lorelei barged in, as if nothing ever happened. "Oh Steve, you're here."

"Yeah, I've been telling her not to smoke that stuff and how it's bad for her, I've got it covered." Steve quickly recovered.

"Oh okay, sorry for barging in," Lorelei smiled and walked away from the door. Quinn looked over at Steve, who refused to meet her gaze.

"Well, I should get going, it's getting late. Open a window to let the smell out," Steve stood up, walking towards the door.

"Oh, uh- okay then. Goodnight," she nodded at him. Steve smiled for a moment before turning away from her and walking out the door. Dammit.

-

Loki hadn't stopped trying to get Tris's attention yet. Tris didn't think much of him, she mainly thought he was kind of a smartass, which was annoying, but other than that he was okay. But she couldn't figure out why Quinn had been so adamant that she date him. He was quite good looking, but that didn't mean he still wasn't an ass at times.

He was quite the trainer though. Having him be her mentor in combat was handy, especially because he was surprisingly gentle, but still quick and agile. He'd never hurt her intentionally. And when he did he would do everything in his power to make it better. His comforting skills weren't exactly on point, but he still attempted to comfort her.

She thought about when they danced together that night in Wakanda. Loki looked really good that night. And he treated her even more like a princess than he usually did. Around her, he was generally caring and sweet, but she couldn't stand how mean he was to other people. Which is why she was so confused when during their "girl talks" Quinn would say that she should date him, while everyone else complained about how much of an asshole he was.

Loki had decided to visit Tris in Tony's workshop that day and just ask her why she didn't like him. He had tried almost everything he could think of. Emphasis on almost. His only option now, other than giving up, was probably the most despicable one; to go to Lexi and force the relationship, but he promised himself he wouldn't do that. There was no one other than Tris in the workshop at the moment, so it was the perfect time to ask her.

"Hello, Beatrice," He appeared from the shadows. It didn't startle her, but it was surprising to see the god in the workshop.

"Hey Loki. You know you can call me Tris, only officials call me Beatrice. What's up?"

"What are you working on?"

"The blue stone, I'm still trying to figure out its properties."

"You know, I can tell you what it is." Loki told her.

"Are you telling me you've known what it was this whole time and you haven't bothered to tell me?" Tris looked like she was going to slap him.

"You never bothered to ask me," he shrugged.

"Well okay, you know it all, what is it?"

"It's one of the six infinity stones, it's the space stone."

"What the hell is an infinity stone?"

"Billions of years ago, when the universe created, there were six stones created with it. Each one controls something essential to life in the universe. This one is the space stone,"

"What are the others?"

"Power, time, mind, soul and reality. Most people can't touch them without dying, but for some reason you can. The one in Vision's head is the mind stone."

"Where are the others located?"

"That I cannot disclose, because I don't know where some of them are."

"Dammit. Do you know anything else about these?"

"Not really, no."

"Thanks for telling me, I guess."

"That's not really why I came here though," Loki told her honestly, "what is it you find repulsive about me?"

"Repulsive? Nothing. Quality I don't like? You're a bit of a narcissist. I may be prideful when it comes to my work, but you're a complete asshole because you generally think that everyone is beneath you, which is not the case." Tris said honestly.

"You don't find me repulsive?"

"Not at all, that's a very strong word." Tris half smiled at him. "But the fact that you're asking me shows me that you care enough about people to fix your problem."

"Not people, just you." Loki corrected her. Tris rolled her eyes at him, but smiled at his antics.

"Really? You're trying to ask me out again?"

"It was worth a shot," he said.

"Fine, since you're so persistent." Tris finally agreed.

"Really? You're agreeing? I'm surprised. I've been trying for months," Loki raised his brow in surprise.

"I'm free Friday night at seven. Don't screw this up, because this is your only chance." She warned him.

"Oh I won't, you can count on that."

"Don't get cocky,"

"Cocky is in my nature, I'm the God of Mischief." Loki joked as he left the room. On the inside, he was grinning like an idiot, but because of his cool and collected exterior, he kept his grinning to a smirk.

-

Thor knew how his brother would feel at his asking of his best friend out on a date. That's why he'd been pondering the subject of Skylar for weeks now. He knew, just by her tells and the way she spoke to him, that she had a bit of a crush on him. It was cute really, she was just so nervous around him.

But it wasn't like the wasn't mutual. He was crazy about her. She was so sweet and caring of other people, but she fought for her beliefs. She stuck to friends, and always made she was doing what was best for them. That's why Thor wasn't totally convinced he should ask her out.

He knew that no matter how she felt about him, that she would reject him because of Loki. She was his best friend, and she was the only person he ever saw get along and tolerate Loki's actions. The one thing Loki thought he wouldn't lose to Thor was Skylar, and he'd be crushed if he did. Thor, was driven absolutely crazy by her, and every moment he spent with her was the best, but at the same time, it hurt. That kiss

But Skylar wasn't totally happy either. She knew Loki would never forgive her if she dated Thor, but her crush on him made it that much harder for her to be around him. She wanted to relive that kiss at Christmas, even though she broke the kiss and stole his pop tarts. It was still one of the best kisses she'd ever had.

Skylar knew that telling Thor how she felt wouldn't go over well, with Loki, with the possibility of rejection, and with the rest of the team. So she decided that she shouldn't say anything. Unless he said anything. But maybe she should hang out with him one day, just the two of them, as friends of course. She decided that Loki knowing about it wouldn't be a good idea, but she decided that she should learn how to talk to him as friend rather than as someone she knew she could never be with despite her feelings for him.

She took the elevator to Thor and Loki's floor, which was a place she commonly resided because of her friendship with Loki. Speaking of him, he wasn't around when she went to the floor, which was strange, because he usually tried to avoid the Avengers as best as he could. Maybe it was something to do with Tris? He wouldn't ever shut up about her. Thor was there, however. He was just sitting on the couch on their floor reading the first Game of Thrones book.

"Thor?" She called. He looked up from his book and smiled at the girl's voice.

"Skylar, are you looking for my brother?" He asked her.

"No, actually, I wanted to talk to you," she nervously smiled as she said this.

"Of course, come sit." He moved his legs off the couch and let her sit down with him. "What's the matter?"

"I was wonder if you and I could go out somewhere tomorrow," she asked him sheepishly.

"With Loki?" He queried.

"No, just the two of us."

"Are you sure he'd be okay with that?"

"Not really, but we'd just be going as friends, right? Besides, Loki doesn't dictate our lives, I don't need his permission."

"You're quite brave if you're willing to face his wrath,"

"He's not that scary, he's just mischievous."

"You make a fair point, where do you want to go?"

"I don't know, we can go skating or something at the rink in Central Park."

"What is this skating you speak of?"

"I'll teach you, we can rent skates when we get there."

"It sounds like fun, shall we go around noon?"

"Perfect. Make sure you dress warmly though, it's going to be cold tomorrow."

"Alright, if you insist. You can just stay here if you want, I quite like your company." Thor offered. Skylar blushed a little at his gentlemanliness. He was sweet.

"Alright," she agreed, and leaned back on the couch with him. He turned on the TV, and they ended up watch a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy that day. At one point, Thor had his arm around Skylar's shoulder. It was entertaining for her to nitpick at the things the doctors did in the show that weren't actually things that would happen in neurosurgery. Thor was more watching her than the show though, he was just delighted to be in her company.

Before long, Skylar had fallen asleep on his shoulder. It was late, afterall. He shut off the TV and decided to carry her to bed, being careful not to wake her up. He picked her up in a bridal style position, and went into the elevator. Once the elevator doors opened on her floor, he quietly walked with her to her bedroom. He opened the door, and walked over to her bed with her still in his arms. Thor carefully placed her down on her bed and tucked her into the covers. She was still completely asleep. Before walking away completely, he lightly kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, love." He whispered. He quietly walked towards the door, shutting it behind him as he left the room. He sighed as the door shut, and smiled at the thought of her before walking towards the elevator.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

25.6K 466 14
When Victoria White gets an invite to join the superhero agency, S.H.I.E.L.D. to help save the world from Loki. She never expected to have feelings f...
335 24 21
After the previous events of the Avengers, Stark Industries thought it was time to recruit some new members. Tess, Kris, Kitty, Jen, Amelia, and Jojo...
176K 5.2K 106
You're Y/N Anderson, a cop, with powers but nobody knows that. You don't want any of this 'super-hero life' what happens when you meet a certain red...
1.7K 46 14
You are a Hydra experiment, rescued by the Avengers. You remember nothing about your previous life before now. The Avengers take you in and start to...