Amnesia [ h.s ]

By xtearsoftheriver

Definition of Amnesia: ● am·ne·sia /amˈniːzɪə/ ● A partial or total loss of memory. Usually resulting from sh... More

Amnesia [ h.s. ]
Chapter 1 ~ The Party
Chapter 2 ~ Subliminal Message
Chapter 3 ~ Dangerous
Chapter 4 ~ Fear
Chapter 5 ~ Dark side
Chapter 6 ~ Freedom
Chapter 7 ~ Promises
Chapter 8 ~ Memories
Chapter 9 ~ Reality
Chapter 11 ~ Strong
Chapter 12 ~ Mystery
Chapter 13 ~ Doubt
Chapter 14 ~ Numb
Chapter 15 ~ Mistake
Chapter 16 ~ Dream

Chapter 10 ~ Shame

395 36 10
By xtearsoftheriver

"Shame is a soul eating emotion."

Harry's Point of View

Walking out of the apartment I couldn't stifle a laugh remembering her embarrassment. It was too fun to listen. The button of the elevator was pressed by my index finger. Sometimes I hated to live on the 30 floor, if something happened, I couldn't run.

But then, if Henna wanted to run, she couldn't, it would take too much time and I would catch her. Besides, Liam and Louis are downstairs all day, so if she runs while I'm not with her, which isn't that easy, they will go after her, and that's worse. 

The elevator's doors opened, thank God. My hands slowly slipped down my jacket, making their way to my pockets. Mr Anderson, our doorman, wished me a good afternoon, like he always does.

My car keys were slowly taken from my jeans pocket, walking towards the white vehicle parked on the street.

As I got into it, my eyes fell on the black Audi r8, mine's the same but white, where Louis and Liam were, waiting for Henna to make any stupid move and get caught.

I put the key on the right place and started the ignition, driving towards the mall. Yes, because I'm sure as hell not going to buy that in a fucking grocery. I need the self checkout lane. While I was leaving, Liam nodded and Louis waved me goodbye, both of them with a huge smile, those morons.

I have to say, boss was smart, this was a really good plan to control her. Although none of us know why he wants to do this. It's a little bit psychotic trying to ruin someone's life like this. At the beginning Niall was the only one against this, he didn't want to because at that time he was naive.

One year passed by since boss started to organize this plan. Like I said, psychotic. Who the hell does that? Not that I mind, he's paying us a really big amount of money. But still, he's completely crazy.

Henna's so naive, she won't notice anything, I know that for sure. The only moment she'll understand is when that happens. But we still have a lot of time until she falls in love with me, I think.

The door was opened by my hand, getting out of the car in a matter of seconds. The parking lot was full, and that's just great. I mean, all the fucking city will see me buying tampons. Well, if it wasn't for that stupid orders our boss gives me, I would've bring Henna with me.

-

This was too much time waiting to buy this little shit. Why do people take so long? It's easy really, just pass the fucking products on the correct place, and it's done.

I don't know why, but the self checkout lane had a lot of people waiting to use them, and that's just annoying. I was waiting there for almost fifteen minutes only because of a little box of tampons. Rolling my eyes, I went to a normal one, where the line was smaller.

When it was finally my turn, I sighed in relief, thank God. I was annoyed by the child behind me, telling her mom my curls are "cute" and trying to reach for them. That's why I hate kids. And that's why I'm never having them.

The girl grabbed the box of tampons and looked at me with a smirk, which was replaced by a disillusioned face. Yeah, she must think I have a girlfriend.

My credit card was taken from my wallet and I payed for the tampons, finally.

-

Her brown strands of hair fell on her face murmuring a low "thank you". Oh, this was far more funny than before.

Today I'm taking Henna to a restaurant, it was decided in one of our previous meetings. Sometimes, I wish I didn't put myself into this mess, not because I think about Henna's feelings, of course I don't. But this is like drugs, we can't get out of it, he doesn't let us. And the whole point of doing this, was to help Gemma, and thank God, she's fine already.

She's actually the only person I care about, and nothing's going to change that. She's my sister, she was always there for me, unlike somebody else. In her weakest moment, I had to help her, and that's when I met him, my boss. And I hope I never did.

My thoughts were soon interrupted as I noticed Henna staring at me. Her brows were furrowed, while she pressed both of her lips together, I knew she wanted to say something, she just didn't know how.

Before she talked, her eyes met the ground. From what I knew about Henna, she only did that when she was scared, which I bet it's exactly how she feels right now. "When can I go out?" Her tone of voice was low, how could she be afraid of me, if I'm not even the worse? "I mean, really out. Alone."

And I have to remember, I have to be nice to her from now on, I can't lose my patience. It looks completely impossible. "Tonight we're going out." Brown eyes finally met mine. "I'm taking you to a restaurant."

Crossing her arms, she frowned. Something she does when she doesn't get what she wants. "But I said alone."

I rolled my eyes. "Henna, if you keep being like that I won't even give you your fucking phone." If a simple look could kill, I would be dead by now. I think that part where I have to make her love me will take longer than expected. "Now, dress something you like."

"You don't own me." And this is why I lose my patience, she acts like a baby.

"Yeah, because in this past few days you did everything you like." Irony was felt on my sentence, precisely what I wanted to do. Henna only shook her head, walking towards my bedroom. If she could only be always submissive like this.

Before I could notice, she was back with jeans, like she always wears, and a white t-shirt. My eyebrow was raised, wasn't she taking a jacket? Oh yeah, must be like those hopeless romantic girls. It's so cold. - Here, take my jacket. Not doing that. "Won't you grab anything more to dress?" Henna looked confused as I got up from the couch I've been sitting for minutes. "It'll be cold." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh." She nodded and in a matter of seconds she was back with one jacket for me and for her, making me furrow my brows. She's not okay for sure. "You said it's going to be cold so I brought one for you." She rolled her eyes, the same as I did previously. "Or are you expecting me to borrow mine? Hopeless romantic." She sighed, but I noticed she was being playful.

I still can't be totally nice for her, she would suspect it. It would all be easier if someone wasn't controlling both mine and her moves. But unfortunately, that's not the case. "Funny one." I half smiled. "Let's go."

-

"Harry Styles." The sir nodded leading me and Henna to our table. I chose one near an aquarium, it was isolated, so we can be comfortable. I pulled her chair, and looking into her eyes I could see she was surprised. "I can be a gentleman" I sat on my place, looking at the menu.

"Rarely." My eyes went from the "book" on my hands to her, arching an eyebrow. She only shrugged her shoulders. "Why are we here?"

She couldn't just enjoy the fact that I actually brought her to a restaurant, maybe because I just wanna hang out? Well, it's not the case, but she could still think that, it would be nice. What I think it's weird is the fact that she seems to know a bit about me, how I react and why I do things, and we didn't spend much time together.

"I just thought you would like it." Or perhaps because someone wants me to.

Again, she nodded agreeing with me, while looking at the menu as well. I lift my arm, calling the servant, waiting for him to come. As he approaches us, I put the menu back on the table, taking a quick glance at it. "Both of us want ravioli of lobster, langoustine and salmon poached in a light bisque, oscietra caviar and sorrel velouté. And to drink, two glasses of white wine, please." I asked politely receiving a quick nod before he left us.

"What if I'm alergic to salmon?" Henna was teasing me, but I already knew pretty much everything about her.

A little smirk takes power of my lips. "I know you're not, babe." Henna let an exasperated sigh leave her beautiful lips, making me laugh. I know she's completely scared of me, not because of my actions: I'm being nicer, but because of my knowledge, and for her, that's creepy.

"How do you know so much about me?"

I smiled. "You'll know one day."

-

Henna tends to fall asleep on the car. Always. There's no exception. Laying her body on the soft bed, I sigh. She doesn't know anything about what we're doing to her. We have a huge plan, and I still don't know why, he never told us, we just follow the rules, only to receive a big amount of money.

The payment for that, was ruining a person's life. And person's Henna. He desperately wants to ruin everything from her, he wants her to suffer. But what he has in mind, is completely sick. That'll be the end.

I don't care about her, I just don't think it's correct to do this to anyone. Niall doesn't mind, and that surprises me in all the ways. He was always the most shy and innocent from us all, and now he is evil. Boss didn't put him on my place, because he could seriously hurt Henna, unlike me.

I could never hit a woman. Yes, I'm intimidating, but I wouldn't hurt her, not physically. Because I know for a fact I'll hurt her psychologically. She'll eventually fall in love with me, and I'm not saying this to be cocky or anything, but that's the plan, and if I stick to it, that's what's going to happen.~

I lay on the bed as well, not caring about changing my clothes, I'm too tired to do that. And closing my eyes, I fall asleep next to her.

-

When I wake up, Henna's not next to me, as always. When I don't have anything to do, like meetings with the guys, I spend the entire morning at home, and in those days, she always wakes up first.

Rubbing my eyes, I get up from the bed, even though I was appreciating the fact of doing nothing at all. My feet move down the stairs finding Henna sitting on the couch with something in her hands. Her phone. I roll my eyes, remembering I deleted every single one of her contacts, unless her sister and mom, so she can talk to them, but only when I let her. "Morning."

She raises her head for a matter of seconds, returning her attention to the iPhone screen. If she does something bad, we have to make out a plan a little earlier, boss would love that.

I sit next to her side, making her slightly uncomfortable. My green eyes lock on the phone screen noticing she was talking to her mom and telling she's okay. Minutes later, she puts her phone on the coffee table, looking at me. "Thank you." I shrug my shoulders, it was the least I could do. But nobody could know.

Boss gave me a break. I mean, now I can skip the meetings I want, since I have to get closer to her. I have to take her to nice places, make her happy.

I just don't know how. She hates me with everything she has. If she only knew it's not my choice, I don't have a say in this. I do what he wants, and that's what pisses me off. He always uses my weaknesses to put me down and to control me.

Of course I won't fall in love with her, he'd kill me if I did.

Just so you can get to know Harry a little bit more

Hope you enjoyed :)

,Nicole

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 36 10
- 𝗼𝗯𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 the act of careful watching and listening. the activity of paying close attention to someone or something in order to get i...
105 1 25
melancholy /ˈmɛlənkəli/ noun- a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause.
404 By Tongueless Quill

Mystery / Thriller

374 17 22
A boy who had amnesia trying to learn his identity while trying to regain his abilities to interact with the people around. What is a world when you...
2.8K 212 12
❝it started out as a feeling, then it destroyed me❞ Book 5. schizophrenia /ˌskɪtsə(ʊ)ˈfriːnɪə/ noun noun: schizophrenia a long-term mental disorder...