Escaping Rejection

By QueenDarkHope

He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his fami... More

Prologue
Preface
1 . Candies and Alphas
2 . Mates and heartbreaks
3 . Regrets and reminiscences (Zayden's POV)
4 . Lies or untold truths?
5. Time travels and heart to hearts.
6 . Almost kisses and spaces.
7 . Feelings and histories. (Zayden's POV)
8 . Reunions and Runaways.
9 . Siblings and Castles.
10 . Big bangs and Baits. (Both POV)
11 . Betrayals and Sacrifices.
12 . Psychos and Murderers.
13 . Arrows and Guilts. (Zayden's POV)
14 . Strength and Apologies (3rd Person POV)
15 . Revelations and Reality Shows.
16 . Despises and Captures.
17 . Captors and Captivators.
18 . Stripper poles and Cat fights. (Zayden's POV)
19 . Shades and Green.
20 . Lost Princesses and friends. (Zayden's POV)
21 . Air Vents and Takeovers.
22 . Fools in love or lust?
23 . Mothers and Stupid mates.
IMPORTANT RAMBLE.
24 . Stenches and Growls. (Zayden's POV)
25. Pretend mothers and bad fathers
26 . Spirits and Peer Pressure.
27 . Drool and Ice Princesses.
Bonus Chapter : Third Person POV ( 5K SPECIAL)
28 . Awkwardness and Lost Wolves.
29 . In-laws and Stolen Kisses
30 . Stink eyes and Wolfy Confessions.
31 . Good news and Bad News
32 . Commands and Family fights.
33 . Cockblockers and New connections
34 . Delusions and Brands. (3rd Person POV)
*2018*
35 . Flashes and New faces.
36 . More stolen kisses and siblings
37 . Glass and Flames
38. More Relatives and Problems
39. Words and Whispers
40. Deities and Saviours
41. Trust and War
42. Love and loneliness.
43. More secrets and stones
44 . Pieces and negotiations
45 . Zombies and fires
46 . Vision and Change
47. Dungeons and Promises (Zayden's POV)
48. Trainings and selflessness.
49 . Actresses and Goddesses
Epilogue

50 . Meetings and goodbyes

4.1K 153 6
By QueenDarkHope

I can't believe that we're at the last chapter already. What a journey has this been. I'm so emotional guys, this was my first work. I'm so proud of it, mistakes and all. Thank you so much for sticking with me all this time. ❤

Happy reading guys!

Ionora's POV:

I wake up to someone slapping my face. Opening my eyes, I try to adjust them to the darkness surrounding me. I immediately find the smirking face of Espona who was the one trying to revive me. I look down and find myself tied to a tree. With a not-so-strong looking rope. Such confidence in my escaping abilities.

"Rise and shine, Lupa Nokomis." She sneers.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" I ask her.

"It means daughter of the moon." She tells me. Okay, that was relatively nice. "I find the name funny because you would be the destruction of an entire species." I take it back. She was still a bitch.

I ignore her and look around me. Looks like we were back at the temple. The witches continued their chanting like nothing ever happened and I just smirked to myself. Fools. Like Hecate was going to come a second time around.

"So, where is daddy dearest?" I question, pretending to look around. Before Estupido could respond, someone else does.

"Be careful what you wish for." Says the voice which I was waiting to hear all these days. Note the sarcasm.

"Oh hey dad, long time no see." I say, smiling sweetly at him.

"Don't call him that, you bastard child." Stella sneers, looking ready to murder me. Get in line, bitch. Right behind your husband.

"Fine, I call him sperm donor anyways." I retort sassily, rolling my eyes.

"Don't get smart with me young lady." Jordan grits out, his eye twitching in anger.

"A little too late to play the doting father role, Jordan."

That's all the motivation Stella needs to come forward and slap me. My head whips to the side with the force but I swallow the pain and glare at her.

"I think you already know why you are here. So let's just cut to the chase, shall we? Where is the third piece of the moonstone?" Jordan asks me, coming closer to me and peering into my face. I spit on him.

"Go. To. Hell."

Slap. "What did you just say to me bitch?"

"I wasn't aware that you were deaf too." I mock him, spitting blood out of my mouth.

Stella raises her fist to punch me but Jordan stops her. He gives me a saccharine sweet smile which makes my hair stand on end.

"I don't think she would cooperate this way, darling. Espona, bring in our guest."

Espona nods, sashaying behind a pillar and bringing out a person who was covered up and tied. I feel dread fill up the pits of my stomach. Espona only gives me an evil look and pulls up the cloth covering the person's face. No. This cannot be.

"Zayden." My voice comes out in a pained whisper.

Hearing my voice, Zayden looks up, and I whimper at the condition of his face. He had a black eye and a split lip which was turning blue. Liane growls in anger and tries to lash out. I reel her back in, catching glint of the blade which she held near his throat.

"Good to see that you still recognize him. We thought we did a good job with his face but clearly not." Stella tells me looking smug. Look smug all you want because you will be looking very dead in sometime, I think to myself. Any more of my smart comments would be taken out on Zayden.

"Ionora? What are you doing here?" My mate asks, looking groggy. Did they drug him? That was the only way they could bring him here that easily.

"Looks like your mate couldn't resist a chance to be a hero and save the world. She sent you off on a wild duck's chase and came here all by herself." Jordan just had to open his big fat mouth, didn't he?

Zayden looks at me with a mixture of betrayal and sadness. I look away, unable to face him anymore. He was right, he did not have any reason to trust me. If he rejected me that day then he wouldn't be here now.

"So, the moonstone?"

"I don't have it. What part of that don't you get?" I scream frustrated.

Jordan looks to Espona who kicks Zayden in the gut. He doubles over in pain and Liane goes crazy in my head. This time, I let her take control and change into herself. In seconds, we are out of bounds and running towards Zayden. Before I could reach him, I am thrown into a tree with an invisible force. I get up and see Jordan waving his hands around, causing various trees and branches to uproot and fly towards me. I dodge each one and try to attack him but he starts hovering in the air.

I leap, trying to get to him but midway, I get distracted by two voices whimpering in pain. Looking to my side, I see Vivian and Jarred surrounded by flames which seemed to engulf them on all sides. The distraction is all Jordan needs to swing a rock at me. The rock knocks me on the ground and I feel my bones crack as I make contact. Utterly injured I lie down panting for air. The huge rock still lay on top of me and I had no energy left to throw it off. Just when I had given up all hope, the stone flies off me and flies towards Jordan who avoids it. I see another hovering figure who lands besides me. Aunt Marrise.

"Change back dear. You will still have your clothes on." I heed her advice and change back, trying to get up. My body aches all over but I swallow the pain. I had to do this.

Once Marrise sees that I'm alright she begins to attack Jordan with a series of spells which seemed to have no effect on Jordan. I look around, the temple filled with activity. The king was fighting Espona and Versace in his Lycan form while Zyrah and Alpha Trenton were trying to help Vivian and Jarred. There were many warriors of both packs fighting the rogues that seemed to materialize out of nowhere.

I see Stella stealthily approaching Marrise to attack her from behind and that's when I snap. I raise my hands and wave, a fireball shooting out of my palms and engulfing her in flames which takes her by surprise. She takes a second to recover and then starts attacking me. I repel all of her spells and shoot her some of my own. During the fight, I see something sparkling beneath her top. The moonstone! She was using the moonstone as an accessory? Very smart of her.

I quickly think of a plan. I shoot her a series of fireballs, watching her dodge them and when I was sure that she was distracted, I use my favorite spell, courtesy my aunt.

Tranquillium Mentis.

Within seconds, she is paralyzed. I hover over to her and pull out her necklace which held the moonstone locket. Jordan apparently felt something was wrong and stopped his incessant attack on Marrise. But he was too late as I had already absorbed the power by that time. Or so he thought.

"I hope you realized that you just made this easier for me. That moonstone was two of the pieces combined. That means that you just made this a whole lot easier for me. I just have to kill you to get the powers now."

"Go ahead then, kill me." I smirk.

"Gladly." He throws a boulder at me but I duck and shoot a blazing fireball at him. In seconds, he had hosed it down with water. He flies towards me at superhuman speed but I knock him out with a huge gust of wind. This continues with us going at each other. Suddenly, a blade whirls past me followed by many others. I glare at Stella in anger. She wasn't supposed to interfere. In anger, I manifest a sword and then materialize next to her, plunging the sword deep in her chest. That ought to do the trick. She falls out of the sky and Jordan screams out, trying to catch her. But he was too late and she was already dead by the time.

Jordan turns to me with red-rimmed eyes full of anger. "You fucking bitch." He screams, running towards me with the sword dripping in blood. I let him come near me and then disappear in the last minute, materializing a few meters away. This continues for some time and Jordan finally ditches the sword, and smirks at me. "I'll show you how it feels." He tells me with an eerie tone and I pale, realizing what he meant. Before I could react, I topple over in pain, clutching my chest. Zayden! No!

Jordan cackles. "Now we're even. All you had to do was give me the powers and none of this would have happened."

I growl out, getting up and running to him. The dodges me and then turns, whipping out a blade and stabbing my side with it. I bend over and fall, clutching my side in pain. Jordan walks to me and bends down, whispering in my ears, "It didn't have to end this way."

"I agree, it didn't have to." I reply, smiling slightly. Before he could realize what I was about to do, I put my hand on his chest and start chanting. Jordan tries to push me away but I hold on, my hand seemingly stuck to his chest. I feel the humming within me and soon I was glowing. Slowly, the glowing went away, and only my hand glowed. Jordan looked on in horror as I remove my hand and move back. He was the one glowing now.

"What did you do?" He asks me in horror.

"Gave you the powers that you wanted." I tell him, and that was all the push he needed for his body to explode into a million pieces. The pieces immediately start floating in the air and rise higher and higher till they're gone.

"Goodbye Jordan Zendale." I whisper. The pain in my chest grows and I get up and run towards Zayden who was now surrounded by a melancholy looking group. I see Zyrah holding him in her lap and pressing upon his wound which looked deep. Too deep. There was a lot of blood. I sit beside him and take his hands in my own. I look to Marrise, pleading her to do something. She only shakes her head and starts crying. I feel tears well up in my eyes. Liane howls sadly in my head, calling out for her mate, her other half but he doesn't answer.

"Zayden, please don't leave me. We haven't even mated yet. We have so much to do." I plead him, wanting him to open those beautiful eyes and speak to me. And he does, "Have I ever told you that you're beautiful?" I only cry harder, hearing this.

"Zayden, we're going to heal you. You will be alright in no time." I try to reassure him, but I knew that I was only reassuring myself.

"We both know that's a lie, Ionora." He wheezes out, wincing in pain. He raises his hand and runs it through my hair. "Just promise me that you will move on. Have that family you dreamed about. I'm sorry for not being the mate you deserved."

I kiss his hands, my tears uncontrollable. "Stop saying such things. You are the only one for me Zayden. Liane and I need you." I whimper out, my voice sore from all the crying.

"Promise me." Zayden tells me before his hands go limp in mine. I lean on his chest, wanting to feel his heartbeat to assure me that he was still there. I feel an unimaginable pain overtake me and I allow the darkness to take over me, lulling me to sleep from which I had no reason to wake up anymore.

------------

A/N -

Okay, before you guys scream at me for leaving you on such a cliffhanger, there is an epilogue and it will be posted in the coming few days.

Please feel free to leave a review of the book and what I should improve on and what you liked. This would help me a lot in my future works. Thank you. ❤

Please do vote and comment.

- PK😄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
1.1M 33.3K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
2M 45.4K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...