« First Love »

By namjoonshaven

Title- First Love Pairing- MinJoon Theme- Modern Royalty + Mafia AU © Namjoonshaven More

« 소개 »
« 1 »
« 2 »
« 3 »
« 4 »
« 5 »
« 6 »
« 7 »
« 8 »
« 9 »
« 10 »
« 11 »
« 12 »
« 13 »
« 15 »

« 14 »

1.3K 82 18
By namjoonshaven

The Contracts
4321 words
March 7, 2019

"So...will you do it?"
"Yes!"

It was a new morning, the clock reading 7:20 AM. Normally, on his own, Namjoon would never wake up that early unless he had something to do that's planned. What would be the reason, the answer is simple. It was because of the new environment.

Whenever people crash at another person's home for a sleepover the guests always tend to wake up faster than the residence owner- it resembled to his situation.

It was the same when he stayed at Busan's castle for the first time. He's gotten fairly use to being there, now he has to worry about another unfamiliar surrounding. The bed that he was on was comfortable, like the bed back at the castle, and the interior of everything looked so fresh and neat, he was scared of even moving a vase. He wondered to himself if the people that stayed at Deluxe for the first time felt the same way. He realizes then that, the people that stay here aren't regular people staying at some hotel to go to Disney the next day, they're first class consisted of business company owners, music celebrities, top models, popular sports players, and royalty. They aren't like him who was fascinated by a bathtub that could turn into a Jacuzzi, the people that are staying at Deluxe are obviously use to what luxury can offer.

Once he's getting up from the bed and stretches out his limbs, feeling bones crack here and there, he glances over to the drawer with a flat screen TV above it. There he saw something new sitting atop the drawer. It was a bouquet of sunset colored flowers with pretty little vines sticking out prettily. There was a beige card propped up against it, along with a sticky note near.

He rubs at his eyes to wipe the sleepiness away as he walks over to the flowers. As he's near the bouquet the smell was nice and clear- reminding him of a bath and body works store during spring. Namjoon takes hold of the small beige envelope and opens it to see a light pink card. Inside it read, 'We're so glad to be working with you!' from everyone in KangDae Co.

Then he looks over to the sticky note,

'We hope you like the flowers, they're pretty hard to find. If you feel hungry Deluxe serves breakfast every morning from 5-12. Get ready at 2:10, we'll be picking you up to start the day - Byeol'

At the mention of breakfast his stomach starts to grumble. He made sure to remember the important areas of the hotel and he clearly knew the way to the cafeteria- it left a mark on him at how amazing the theme was.

He started to get himself decently ready, starting with his face, then his hair, and then to his attire. For now, he let his hair down- flattening the strands that were out of place and dressed in comfortable capri-pants, black converse, and a loose short sleeve shirt- one that would suit well for a man with very broad shoulders but sadly he doesn't have that.

He finally stuffs the bag he carries everywhere and slings it over his shoulder before heading out with the key card in hand.

Once he closes the door behind him he heads towards the elevator, pressing button 'Lobby'. Before the elevator doors could be closed, a hand stops them from shutting. He flinched at the sudden action and locked eyes with a woman with the silkiest of black hair- probably silkier than Byeol's. This woman's hair was longer than Byeol's however, and had makeup that was more darker toned.

She steps inside the elevator with him, not saying a word and Namjoon scoots away to the far back, feeling small with the woman next to him. Taking a better look, her cheek bones were prominent and gaze fierce. She had a well-toned body dressed in dark green and gold and she was so intimating it freaked him out. He wondered if her voice was smooth or articulating deep.

Maybe her voice is actually high pitched. He almost snorted at the thought, it would be funny if it were true.

His held back snicker didn't go unnoticed, his body stiffening and lips seal when she took one glance at him. It was like her eyes were piercing through his soul. He quickly looks away and wishes the elevator went down quicker. When it did, she exits first while checking the time on her expensive wristwatch.

Namjoon creeps out from the elevator second, his body loosening up once she was out of site. Will he see her again? he sort of hopes he doesn't. As he shakes her off from his mind he continues onward to the hotel's cafeteria.

Mind you, the hotel was crazy huge, having acres of land that went for miles...it would be the perfect place to be during a zombie apocalypse. There were four building in total, last time he remembered, building one was the hotel, second building was the cafeteria, the third building is the 'fun zone', and the fourth and final building is 'Club Deluxe'. The third building is called 'fun zone' for the arcades, ball pits, outdoor water parks and swimming pools, etc. It had everything fun you could think of, even a movie theater and retro dinner along with it. The place is mainly for kids but young adults find the fun in it too. 'Club Deluxe' was for young adults and up, a place Byeol and Jocelyn described as 'super fun' but not for his age so he wasn't aloud anywhere near the fourth building because of those two.

He didn't care though, he just really wanted to go to the cafeteria and eat, he's starving. As he took a little walk outside the hotel and towards the second building he stops in his tracks.

'Do they charge you for what you eat?' oh my god.

"Oh my god..." Namjoon wants to grab at his own scalp. They shouldn't right? Last time he was at a hotel they didn't but this is Hotel Deluxe not some decent hotel next to the beach. He should of asked when he had the chance yesterday when Jocelyn literally said 'do you have any questions.' He wants to go back but he's come all this way now and...his stomach was crying.

He sucks in a sharp breath, telling himself, "a hotel is a hotel, they wouldn't charge you, no they wouldn't." so he marches in, and sees the many early birds inside seated and chatting away. Eating really...really good food. His stomach starts to grumble again- louder than the last time due to the smell of breakfast meals invading his senses.

He needs to grab a plate. Stat!

How long was he there? an hour or two maybe. He didn't know, all he knew was that he just ate four plates of breakfast and doesn't regret it one bit. His stomach became round and cheeks puffed. A face of bliss was plastered on his face, a few mini-burps here and there. Though, the euphoria that he had was washed away when a man in a black suit and name tag came up to his single table. He had a tablet in hand and greeted him with a smile.

He chuckles, "You sure have eaten a lot, i'm guessing it was to your like-" he stops mid sentence. The man didn't notice it before, because he didn't have a good look from afar, but the boy looked too familiar to him. He's seen his face on the news and social media for weeks now.

"Kim Namjoon?" The grown man stutters out and the said boy gulps.

"Y-Yes?"

"Oh my it's-" He bows his head gracefully, "It's an honor to meet you, your highness."

"Say what now."

the man didn't catch what Namjoon said, too overwhelmed that he was right before his eyes, "What brings you here alone? Prince Jimin isn't here with you?"

"N-No he isn't, I'm just here for a while." Namjoon's flustered self says. He never would of known he'd be called 'Highness' at all in his life- does he even deserve the title?

"As expected, Deluxe brings the finest and wealthiest of individuals, like yourself," The man clears his throat, adjusting his tie, "I'm sorry, I'm acting out aren't I."

"No you're good." Namjoon smiles softly.

The man smiles back with a relieved grin, "Anyway," He changes the subject, "You're done with your breakfast?" the boy nods at that. "Then, key card please." He says as he sets down the tablet on the table with a bar code scanner set on the screen.

"W-What?" Namjoon's sweating. "Why do you need my key card?"

"To pay for the meal of course."

He's so boned.

"You pay meals with the key cards!" Nammjoon's shocked by this.

"Yes, each guest puts in whatever amount of money into the cards once selecting a room and checking in with us, its all the reason why the key cards are valuable, unchangeable and original." As he informs all this Namjoon feels more pressure to keep his card on him at all times now. It doesn't change much for him though, he doesn't even know how much was inside the card.

What if there was nothing, not a single cent- he's going to cry inside and out right then and there once the card is declined. After all the praise he was given by the waiter, once they find out that he has nothing to pay with they'll kick him out for sure.

With his body and mind sulking as he pulls out the key card, he says to himself- I accept fate.

As he held the key card out and let the scanner do it's thing, it starts processing. Once he bites on his bottom lip he wondered why it was taking so long, probably the heavens playing tricks on him to raise his anxiety levels to the max.

What he didn't expect to pop on that screen was a white screen with a blue check mark at the center. As the man takes the tablet away and looks at the screen, a smile appears on his face.

"As expected, there isn't anything you can't buy." he says proudly.

"what do you mean?" Namjoon furrows his brows.

"It shows how much you have on the key card to how much you spent, for us employees to assure the guests or warn them how much they have left."

"So then...how much do i have?"

"you shouldn't worry and plus," The man turns away to tend to the next table, "shouldn't you know?"

Namjoon was left alone at the table again with his mouth a gap and key card in hand. He takes a long hard stare at the card and slowly secures it in his bag. "R-Right..."

He suddenly fumbles for his phone to check the time. It was 10:40 AM. He should probably get back and get ready and god knows he takes forever in showers.

Meanwhile, back at the castle Hoseok's furious.

He remembered where Jimin's room was after he stole or 'borrowed' his card to go to Seoul to check on Jungkook a couple days ago. Then once he reaches for his room, he storms right in without knocking.

There he saw Jimin fixing himself up, for god knows what, in front of his mirror and was startled by the door's thud against his wall. "Seriously," JImin scoffs, "Can't even bother to kn-" He was grabbed by the collar and slammed against the nearest wall.

He gasps out, gritting his teeth, "What the hell are you doing!"

"Giving you a piece of my mind that's what!" Hoseok shouts as he's readying his fist to smash the center of Jimin's face.

Before he could, Jimin reacts quickly by crashing his knee at Hoseok's stomach. Hoseok curses from the impact and before he knew it his body was thrown against the floor. Jimin was on top of him with for arm pressing at the other's neck, "I'm not in the mood for your shit Hoseok, if you want to fight someone go up to some martial arts professional!"

"Shut your mouth!" Hoseok strangles out before flipping the two of them over. Now he was the one on top now, dangerously grabbing at Jimin's wrist and twisting it in a way it wasn't suppose to.

Jimin groans at the twist, his eyes bulging after hearing a few cracks of his bones. "Sick fuck!" He manages to pry his hands loose and swing his fist to hit directly at the side of Hoseok's jaw.

"You're the sick fuck, you good for nothing piece of," Hoseok takes hold of the others shoulders, tightly enough to force him forward- giving himself a chance to head butt the prince as harsh as he could, "Shit!" as he did, Jimin falls back, groaning as his forward starts to turn red. He could feel it becoming swollen any second now.

Jimin could barely muster up a word, "why are you...doing this."

Hoseok gets up, a little staggered, with his chin protruding and eyes narrowing down at Jimin, looking at him as if he was lower than an animal. "Because," he takes a breath, "you deserve it." He got no response, just a strained noise from Jimin as he tries to sit up. "I never should have trusted you or your family." Hoseok adds with disgust threaded in his voice. It was like what his parents and Taehyung said...the royal families were nothing but demons in disguise.

"Hoseok...what has gotten into you--"

"You really thought you could get away with it?" Hoseok cuts in, "get away with doing whatever you want with Namjoon, huh? Does his feelings even matter to you or is he just another stepping stool close to power."

Jimin is shocked by his words, not knowing what led to this moment.

"I guess he doesn't, I mean you guys only have been knowing each other for a couple weeks so it's understandable," Hoseok says, "but it doesn't give you a right to walk all over him- he's human damn it!"

"Shut up already!" Jimin's head was pounding from his constant yelling, "where the hell are you going with this! What did i even do!"

"What did you do?" Hoseok dryly laughs, "You're playing dumb now, huh?"

"I'm not playing dumb!"

"Bullsh-"

"What is going on in here?" a woman's voice speaks up at the two look over to see who it was. It was the Queen, standing outside from the room with her hand clutching to her chest, troubled by their quarrel.

"M-Mother..." Jimin didn't want her to see them this way, "nothing-"

"Do you really want to know?" Hoseok lifts a brow, "I'll rough you up too don't worry."

Jimin darts his gaze over to Hoseok, trying his best to keep his temper to a minimum, "Watch your mouth, don't involve her into whatever this is!"

"Oh shut up, I bet she's involved in this just as much as you are!"

Jimin looks over towards his mother just as she did and the two question through the suspense, wondering what they did wrong?

"Namjoon!" The said boy smiles from ear to ear when he sees Kang Dae greet him from the front entrance of the company building.

"Hi sir!" Namjoon runs up to him, getting a pat on the back from the man before being escorted inside.

"So, how do you like Deluxe, hmm?" Kang asks with a grin on his face, "It's pretty cool right?"

"Yes!" Namjoon agrees, "There's so much to do there! and the breakfast food is so good i wonder how good lunch and dinner will be, probably even better. and-"

"Hmm," KangDae hums with a gloating expression, satisfied with Namjoon's rambling about the hotel, "Yes, there is a lot and i feel bad that tomorrow is going to be your last day and you have to spend it with a schedule instead of actually getting to experience the place.

"s'fine, I'm thankful with just staying there to begin with." Namjoon says and it leaves Kang touched.

"Oh my, those clothes look so big on you." A woman walked up to them with wide eyes at the teen's choice of clothing. Namjoon remembered, he met her once yesterday, her name was Park Da-eun. She was a pretty older woman who was one of the stylists that work under KangDae. Her hair was colored a silver blue and her makeup was light and simple, The long sleeve dress she wore had a black and white spiral flower design that looked elegant on her- especially the black waist belt, it completed the whole look. Including the boots and black stockings of course.

"Ah, Daeun, just the woman I needed." KangDae says, "I need you to do his measurements for today, can you do that."

"Sure thing, when?"

"Later, after i'm done talking to him in my office," He glances over to Namjoon, "we have some matters to discuss."

Namjoon wondered what those 'matters' KangDae mentioned were about. He was going to find out once he stepped into his office and when he did, after taking a long elevator right to the top of the building, he was told to take a seat on one of the couches in his office. It was very modern, white and grey themed with small neon pinks and dark greens hinted around. Kang walks over to one of the large bookshelves decorated in the room and pulls out a binder.

"I have a few things to mention to you today," Kang says as he sits down on the couch opposite of Namjoon's, setting down the binder on the coffee table between them, "first things first, your capability in this field." Namjoon nods, seeing where this conversation will take him.

"Many people believe that being a model is very easy," Kang says, "they think that what models do is put on a design, walk down a catwalk, and the paycheck is secured. Because of that mindset everyone thinks that they can land a spot as a model and have money to support them in the snap of a finger. This is why 79% of men and women get denied from different modeling industries and 20% of them end up in places they shouldn't be- it isn't a game and it isn't a short cut to walk down a red carpet. You know this much, am i right?"

"Yeah.." Namjoon replies, "You're right."

"Good." Kang approved. "Since you know that much, you also know that my decision on wanting you to be the new face of my next clothing line was and still is very dangerous." He adds. KangDae wasn't the type to sugar coat things, he is a nice man but one with a belief that things should be told as it is. "I'm not a designer who's known for hiring amateurs, let alone hiring people who don't even know how to strut down a catwalk. I've worked with top models my entire career, each and every single one of them hand picked by me and my team and not once have any of them let me down. When people found out that I wanted you under my wing and in this company as the new face of my upcoming line, there were handfuls of people outraged- especially models that were given empty promises to work under me for that spot."

This wasn't putting a heavy weight on Namjoon's shoulders at all...

yes, yes it very much was.

"Of course, they still support me. Many know what i'm capable of, my company and name wouldn't be one of the powerhouses of the fashion industry if I didn't. They way i see things are, i don't mean to gloat but, extraordinary. I have an eye to see passed the box. Have you ever wondered why i wanted to work with you to begin with?" Kang questions the boy and Namjoon nodded. He's been wanting to know ever since Kang was right in front of his eyes for the first time and not on some screen.

"You're situation with the royal family struck my interest, but that wasn't the only thing that caught my eye," Kang goes on, "I saw a video of you walking with Jimin in Seoul's fashion district and you had this natural stride that made you fascinating. Your side profiles are so delicate, feline eyes striking, proportions seemingly outstanding, you were like a perfect package, i just had to have you!"

Namjoon curled into himself, feeling flustered from the praise.

"But.." KangDae sits back against the couch with one leg crossed over the other, "having a pretty face, body and a nice walk.. doesn't mean you're considered a model at least not yet. That's where i question your capability." He leans forward, staring Namjoon right in the eye. "How confident are you? and do you think you are capable in not only proving my employees wrong but the whole world."

It takes a moment for Namjoon to answer, feeling on edge if he'd say the wrong thing. He gulps down, "I can't promise anything..."

This takes KangDae aback. "Excuse me?"

"I said i can't promise anything. I'll work hard, do the best that i can and...who knows i might mess up or might not," He sucks in a breath, "that's when i question your capability." Namjoon had the guts to copy KangDae, by leaning in and glaring him back in the eye. "How confident are you in me? do you think i'm capable in proving your employees and the world wrong?"

KangDae noticed that, even though Namjoon was acting differently, his eyes were slightly wavered. His expression solid but body uneasy. Kang smirked at this, amused with his spunk attitude masking the tension he felt inside. It took guts, especially when it came to cornering the KangDae himself.

"I like that," Kang chuckles, standing up suddenly, "your use of strategy like that, it's perfect, that's exactly the kind of confidence i want! I knew i picked the right person for this!"

"Really..?" Namjoon is dumbfounded before straightening up, clearing his throat, "I mean, yeah, obviously. duh..."

Kang snickers at his actions, "Yes." he simply says and Namjoon is confused with that response.

"What do you mean by yes?"

"Yes," Kang sits back down, filled with glee, "I do believe you can prove everyone wrong. I do have confidence in you."

Namjoon blinks at this, looking down at his own lap with a smile unknowingly perking up on his face. He felt a sense of pride, enlightenment, that someone so great in the fashion world trusted his strive.

"Another thing I wanted to discuss," Kang switches up, flipping through the binder he had in front of him, "contracts." He slips out two packets of paper, one with four pages, and the other two.

"I work alongside a really good friend of mine who provides me the best models I've ever worked with, I remember when I organized my first runway in Paris during the winter one of my lead models were struck with an accident and another caught the common cold- I thought things were falling apart right then and there," Kang tells,"But my friend came in and saved the day, by providing replacement models that simply ruled the stage, ever since then I've only ever come to her." He slides one of the contracts over to Namjoon slide of the table with a grin, "This is them."

Namjoon takes one quick glance at the header of the paper and gasps, "Choco!"

Choco's Models, any model that would sign under Choco would be given endless amount of publicity, after all, her models would be seen everywhere from city billboards, magazines, talk shows, and mainstream commercials. Famous fashion designers are known to come to her and wish to be provided with the best models available in her company and she delivers. Choco's real name is 'Cho-Joon Park' and she is a beautiful older woman who never seems to age. When Namjoon first saw her on TV at an awards show, her voice was so soothing and had a personality that was so effortlessly friendly.

"Thats right," KangDae loved his reaction, "This is her contract."

Namjoon gave Kang a quizzical stare, "Her contact?"

"Yes," Kang starts off, "I want you to sign under her." Namjoon couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I spoke to her the day i dropped you off at Deluxe and at first she was against it but then i was able to persuade her. It took forever but it all worked out! She'll have a team for you that'll handle your scheduling, when it comes to interviews, talk shows, maybe more gigs, stuff like that."

"Interviews.." Namjoon wasn't so prepared by the handful of information told to him right after. Kang's talk lasted for almost an hour and Namjoon could tell that while he was talking he had this genuine smile and passion behind his words. He was looking forward to everything more than Namjoon.

Seeing Kangdae's smile upclose and in person was completely different from seeing him in screen, it made him feel feel light on his feet. With Kang's charm Namjoon didn't realize that when Kang asked him 'So will you sign?' Namjoon responds with a mellow 'yes', having Kang burst with rays of sunshine behind his back- to Namjoon's perspective of course.

With all the benefits that came to being part of both Kang's and Choco's companies there were some down sides that Namjoon would come across later in the future...

some that would probably make him regret ever crossing paths with Kang

...No matter how much he admired him.

« 15 »

[Note: I'm finally on spring break!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 10.5K 39
When CEO jungkook who is also a mafia leader meets park jimin a normal college student. Destiny has it's plan and so they fall in love, but it comes...
195K 4.9K 29
who knew the goodie two shoes has a dirty little secret
126K 3.3K 22
Min Yoongi is 19 years old and homeless. The only way to survive is to give the men that pay him what they want. He's been homeless for 2 years - eve...
193K 8.9K 29
❝ you're my first love. ❞ a taegguk fanfiction. ©solarkoo 2019