Eerika||Avengers

By infintywarmakesmesad

Book one of five. *Takes place in Thor, Avengers, and contains Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D references!If you haven'... More

Chapter 1 (prelude+character intro)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Book Two

Chapter 35

507 16 4
By infintywarmakesmesad

Third Person POV

Agent Barton led Loki and the rest of the brainwashed agents into the parking garage.
"I need these vehicles." Agent Barton told Agent Hill, who currently has no idea of what just happened.

Loki sits in the trunk with his scepter and watches in satisfaction at his work.
"Who is that?" Agent Hill asks, referring to Loki.
"They didn't tell me." Barton replies as he gets into the drivers seat.

Downstairs Fury is taking a dagger out of his chest as he connects to the radio.
"Hill. Do you copy?" This grabs Loki's attention.
"Barton has turned!" Fury exclaims. A gun was fired at Hill, but thankfully missed due to her tuck and roll.
Agent Hill begins to fire her gun at the cars, but because they are bulletproof the bullets don't penetrate.

"They have the Tesseract! Shut them down!" Fury orders.

Agent Hill hope into a golf cart and begins to drive after the compromised agents. In this time, more cars begin to follow Loki and begin to shoot in attempt to kill him. All of the agents fail miserably, and manage to piss off the God of Mischief in the process.
Loki charges up his scepter and fires it at several cars, causing them to fly back.

In this time Director Fury races out of the compound while Agent Coulson tries to help people escape.
"Leave it! Get to safety!" Coulson commands to an agent trying to lift up a box full of S.H.I.E.L.D electronics.

Agent Hill continues to fire at Agent Barton, Coulson gives Fury a report confirming that everybody is safe, and Fury jumps into a helicopter.

In the nick of time, Agent Hill, Agent Coulson, and Loki's minions manage to get off the compound before it explodes into shreds. As Loki's car escapes the garage, Fury begins to fire at him. In defense, Loki fires his scepter at the helicopter sending it flying down. Fury manages to jump out before he dies.

Loki, Barton, and Dr Selvig get away with the tesseract.

"Director? Director Fury do you copy?" Coulson asks over the walkie talkie.
"The tesseract is with a hostile force. I have men down. Hill?"

Agent Hill answers her walkie talkie as she looks for agents that are still alive.
"A lot of people are still under. I don't know how many survivors."

"Sound a general call. I want every living soul not working rescue looking for that briefcase." Fury commands.

Hill sighs.
"Roger that."

"Coulson get back to base. This is a level seven. As of right know, we are at war."

~~~~~~~~

Director Fury stands in front of the council members. Of course they aren't directly in front of him, they are...video chatting...but in a formal way.

"You're out of line, Director. You're dealing with forces you cannot control." One of the councilman warned. Director Fury could barely see any of their faces, they all had a shade on their face that gave off a creepy vibe.
"You ever been in a war, councilman? In a firefight? Did you feel an over abundance of control?" Director Fury shot back. The councilman didn't reply, instead another one spoke up.
"You're saying this...Asgard is declaring a war on us?" The man spoke with a hint of fear laced into his voice.
"Not Asgard. Loki." Fury spoke.

"He can't be working alone, what about the other two? His brother and sister?"
Councilwoman Hawley asked.

"Our intelligence says that Thor is not a hostile. And I have had the pleasure of meeting Eerika, she is safe too. You can trust on that. I'll send his sister a message, although I don't know if it will reach her. She is worlds away." Although he didn't know Eerika that long, Fury trusts her for some odd reason. She reminds him of a girl he once met back in the 80's...

"Which is why you should be focusing on phase two, it was designed—"
Fury scoffed at the councilman's words.
"Phase two isn't ready. Our enemy is! We need a response team."

"The avengers initiative was shut down." A councilman spat.
"This isn't about the avengers." Nick Fury tried to speak calmly, he really needs this council on his side.
"We've seen the lists are running the worlds greatest covert security network and you're going to leave the fate of the human race to a handful of freaks."

"I'm not leaving anything to anyone. We need a response team. These people may be isolated, unbalanced, but I believe with the right push they can be exactly what we need." Fury knew he was going to win this argument. He needed to, or else a whole lot of people are going to die.

"War isn't one by sentiment, Director." The same councilman spoke.

"No It's won by soldiers." Director Fury finished.

~~~~~~~~

As soon as Director Fury left the room he used the pager to send a message to Eerika. Hopefully, she would receive it. They need as much help as they can get.

Speaking of which, Director Fury is on his way right now to get some help from the best soldier in history. Captain America.

In the gym Steve Rogers has many things flowing through his mind. His thoughts are fixated on only three things:
His death,
Peggy,
And Eerika.

"There's not enough time! I've got to put her in the water!" Steve screams to Peggy. His breaths are deep, he doesn't want to die. He has a whole life to live, so much more to do.
Get married, have children.
He's too young to die.

"You won't be alone." Peggy's sweet, british voice whispered.

"I'm not who you think I am." Erika mumbled to Steve. He placed his hands on her shoulders.
"No. You're more." Steve whispered to Erika before he kissed her lips passionately.

The punching bag broke. Steve punched it too hard. All the thoughts in his mind were too much for him to handle, and he lost control.

Steve caught his breath as he looked at what he's done. He shrugged a bit, for it's not the first time it has happened.
Steve picks up a fresh punching bag and hangs it up with ease, then begins to punch again.

What Steve didn't know, is that Director Fury was watching Steve from the distance.
"Trouble sleeping?" Fury asked loudly.

Steve stopped punching and chuckled.
"I've slept for seventy years, sir, I think I had my fill." Steve went back to punching his bag. He still has much more anger to get out.

"Then you should be out, celebrating, seeing the world." Steve stopped, yet again and stared at the Director.

Steve wants to. He just doesn't want to do it alone. When he started to develop feelings for Erika, he thought that maybe he could travel a bit with her once they got to know each other.

But those plans no longer matter.

"When I went under, the world was at war." Steve begins to unravel the tape on his knuckles.
"When I wake up, they say we won...but they don't say what we lost." Steve says sadly as he recalls all his friends that are now dead—Bucky.

"We've made some mistakes along the way. Some, very recently." Nick Fury says. He pulls out a file from his jacket, catching the eye of Steve.

"You here with a mission, sir?" Steve says as he zips up his bag.

"I am."

"Trying to get be back into the world? Didn't work very well last time."

"Trying to save it." Nick Fury hands Stev the file. Steve takes a look, uninterested.

"HYDRA's secret weapon..." Steve mumbles. He takes a seat on a table as he reads the file.
"Howard Stark fished that out of the ocean when he was lookin for you. He thought what we think. The Tesseract could be the key to unlimited, sustainable energy. That's something the world sorely needs." Steve hands the file back to Nick.
"Who took it from you?" Steve asks growing more interested in the topic.
"He's called Loki. He's...not from around here."

Steve begins to think about how Eerika's brother is named Loki. He just assumes that it's a common name now and just pushes the thought out of his head.

"There's a lot we'll have to bring you up to speed on if you're in. The world has gotten a lot stranger than you already know." Nick Fury places the file back in his jacket.

Steve scoffs at his words.
"At this point I doubt anything would surprise me." Steve picks up his gym bag and heads over to the punching bags that are neatly laid out on the floor.

"Ten bucks says you're wrong." Nick Fury bargains as Steve lifts up a bag. He begins to leave.

"There's a debriefing packet waiting back for you at your apartment. Is there anything we should know about the tesseract before we begin?" Fury asks.

"You should've left it in the ocean."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...
104K 4.5K 13
(Book 3 in the 'The Avengers Babysit Loki?!' series) Loki and Thor, teenagers? They know who did it, but they have no idea why or how she got out of...
7K 225 9
Y/N is the newest Avenger. ( Set during Avengers 1) Loki is being held in Avengers a Tower. Y/N got lost in her new home and stumbled upon Loki's cel...
187 0 8
Read Marvel Thor (three siblings, Loki, and Amara) by nat805r my other account before this book. I will not be updating and writing on that account b...