High School Story: University...

By proteus912

. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 16

76 3 0
By proteus912

Chapter 16

May 9th

Today, Nicole was eager to take the day off from studying and go on a date with Riley. Nicole was proud of herself because she had organized the date herself, but she hoped that Riley would go along with the first part.

The first part would be good in Nicole's opinion, but she was just worried about how Riley would feel about it. She had told Riley that she had set up a picnic, but she didn't tell him that they would be riding horses to get to it.

"You really like him, don't you, honey?" Mr Walker asked his daughter from his place on the couch.

Nicole smiled and nodded her head, "yes," she replied.

Mr Walker just nodded, "hmm."

"What?" asked Nicole, "you still don't like him, do you?"

"To tell you the truth, honey, I don't."

"Why? What has he done to you?"

"Nothing. But I did run into Amy last night," said Mr Walker.

Oh no.

Amy would have told him.

Nicole was sure that Amy would have told her father something that she didn't want him to hear; his little girl's boyfriend was a player. If this didn't ruin Nicole's relationship with her boyfriend, she didn't know what would.

Mr Walker looked up from the sheet of paper that he was reading, "she told me about Riley's past," he said.

Nicole lowered her eyes, not knowing what to say.

"It's true, then?" asked Mr Walker.

Nicole nodded and sat on the couch next to her dad, "it is," she replied, "but, dad, I can assure you he has changed."

"You know that for sure, do you, honey?" Mr Walker replied, Nicole clearly able to hear the doubtful tone in his voice.

"I do," Nicole was almost pleading with her father to believe her, "I really do."

"Hmm," Mr Walker said again.

"Dad, he told me that he loves me. He has never told this to any girl he has been with. I'm the first. I am the first girl he has ever loved."

"And you know that will change as soon as, well, you know."

Nicole knew exactly what her father was implying.

Riley would leave her after he eventually got her into bed with him.

Mr Walker was clearly saying that this was all a game to Riley and it was his way of tricking her to get her into bed with him.

Then he would dump her.

And break her heart.

But Nicole knew that Riley would never do that.

"He would never do that," said Nicole, "as I said, he loves me."

"If you say so," Mr Walker simply said.

"You will learn to trust him, dad. I know you will."

Mr Walker just nodded his head, not making eye contact with his daughter, and not knowing what he was going to say next.

And Nicole was about to say something more but she couldn't because there was a knock at the door. Nicole answered it and it wasn't long before she received a kiss to her life. She hoped that her father was not glaring at the couple with anger. She wanted him to stare with love and happiness and pride. She wanted him to be happy that his daughter had finally found someone who loved her.

"I am so glad you suggested we go out together, babe," said Riley, putting his arm over her shoulder as they headed for the back door.

Nicole heard Mr Walker grunt with annoyance as he shifted in his seat.

Well.

That was rude.

Was he trying to make it that obvious?

Nicole hoped he wasn't.

"So, what did you have planned?" Riley asked as he and Nicole made it outside and to the fence of the paddock, oblivious to Mr Walker's anger.

"A picnic," replied Nicole.

"I know that, and I think it's perfect idea. Picnics are becoming my favourite way to have lunch," said Riley.

Nicole nodded her head in agreement. She was excited for this picnic and she was also proud of herself. She never thought that she would have a boyfriend and she never thought that she would find one who she really liked, and possibly loved. Bit there was only one problem; Nicole felt that she was not ready to tell her boyfriend that she loved him. Of course she had been thinking about it all the time and how hard was it to say four little words.

Four little words were not much, were they?

Nicole could say them over and over again in her mind, but when she actually opened her mouth to say them out loud, she couldn't.

And she didn't know why.

"So, how do you plan on getting there?" asked Riley, "because we clearly came out here to see the horses for a reason."

Riley looked as Blue made his way over to the fence. Blue hung his head over the fence and Riley gave him a pat on his forehead. Nicole smiled. She knew that Riley wasn't really an animal lover, but there was clearly something that he and Blue liked about each other.

"Do you have to ask? Horses, of course," Nicole smiled.

"Babe," Riley chuckled nervously, "you do remember that I have never been on a horse before?"

"There is always a first for everything."

"Is a sore ar...butt really a good enough sacrifice?" asked Riley, eyeing the horses warily now.

Clearly Blue could see Riley's nervousness now and he stretched out his neck, playfully nudging Riley on the thigh, asking him why he was scared. Riley smiled and gave the horse another pat.

"Fine," said Riley, "I am sure I could give it a go. I am a man, aren't I? we don't get scared."

Nicole laughed, "debatable."

"Ha-ha."

With that, Nicole went and got the horses saddled. She would be riding Lightning and Riley would be riding Ruby. And when the horses were ready, Nicole led Ruby to the mounting block and waited for her boyfriend to step on.

"Hang on," said Riley, "why do I have to ride a girl horse?"

"A mare," Nicole corrected her boyfriend.

"A mare. But anyway, why can't I ride Blue? He seems to like me."

"I know he likes you," said Nicole, "but he is an ex-race horse. And he is dad's horse."

"Oh," replied Riley, "you dad still doesn't like me very much, huh?"

"No, he doesn't," replied Nicole as she held Ruby still as Riley tried to mount her.

Riley was actually better with horses than Adam was.

He got on with no trouble.

No complaints.

This was good.

"He found out about your past," Nicole continued.

"What? Who told him?" replied Riley as he tried to make himself comfortable in the saddle.

Before she answered, Nicole went to mount Lightning, and then she walked him over to Ruby's side, "Amy," she said.

Riley groaned and Nicole could see his knuckles turning white as he grasped the reins, "she is supposed to be my best friend. She's supposed to have my back," he growled.

"I know, but she says she is looking out for me."

"She doesn't have to look out for you because I am not going to hurt you."

"I know, but it is clear that my dad and Amy don't think so."

"I am going to have to have a serious talk with Amy. And then I will try with your father."

"Good luck with that."

And she meant it.

Nicole wished all the luck in the world for Riley.

...

May 11th

Isabella was home yet again, up in the attic, where she liked to study, trying to do an assignment. It was hard to write an essay on the history of a saddle, but it was also quite interesting. Who knew that there was so much history to something so simple like a saddle? Isabella certainly didn't, and it just made horse riding more interesting. And when she finally opened up her own barn, she would definitely be teaching this to future students.

Isabella finally decided that it was time to have a break from looking at her laptop screen. She stretched back in her desk chair and found herself wondering what Hannah was doing and how she was finding the assignment. She thought that it was a shame that Hannah couldn't come over to her house this weekend because Isabella really enjoyed her company. It was also a shame that Storm also didn't come home this weekend. Isabella could see that all of the travelling back and forth was taking its toll on the older horse and Storm wasn't as young as he used to be.

Isabella looked at the time. She found herself wondering how Nicole was going and how her last date went with Riley. She knew that Nicole had taken Riley out for a ride and she hoped that he liked it.

But Isabella knew that she was feeling a little jealous.

Isabella didn't mean to feel so jealous of Nicole's relationship and she didn't know why she was feeling like this. She was never jealous of Tasha and Adam's relationship so what was the difference this time?

Try as she might, Isabella couldn't find a difference, but she was still jealous and it was not fair.

It was not fair on her.

Or Nicole.

Or Riley.

Isabella decided that she needed a distraction. She needed to stretch her legs as well so she decided to say hello to Destiny. When Isabella made it to the back porch, she was surprised to see Mr Wilson and Amy. They both smiled at her as she approached.

"You seem to be coming over a lot late," said Isabella, "is it the smell of horses?"

"No," Mr Wilson smiled, "I was coming over to help Tony with the final touches to the shelter and Amy wanted to come."

Right. But I thought Tony had already finished the shelter."

"He did, but he told me there are still a couple of things he wants to do with it."

"Like what?"

"Just stuff. Things so the foal will be okay and all that. Horsey stuff."

"Oh, okay."

"Destiny is a beautiful horse, Isabella," said Amy, butting in.

"Thank you," Isabella agreed.

"That's okay."

"Have you met her yet?"

"No, Ian refused to go anywhere near her, and I don't know her, so I thought it would be best not see her."

"I can take you over if you want."

"No, that's okay. When Tasha gets back from the bathroom we will be going."

"Tasha is here?"

"Yes, she is. Didn't you hear us come?"

"No, I have been in the attic. Why didn't Tasha come up and say hello?"

"She didn't want to keep you from your studying."

'Well, can you stay for a bit longer? I would like to catch up with her," said Isabella.

Amy nodded.

Mr Wilson was the one who answered, "I am sure we can stay for a bit longer. And I am sure Tasha would love to see you. She has a lot to talk about."

"Is everything okay?"

Mr Wilson nodded, "Tasha's just had some stuff going on."

It wasn't long before Tasha reappeared from the bathroom and she smiled when she saw Isabella. She seemed happy enough which made Isabella happy; she didn't have to worry.

"Hey," said Isabella, "feel like talking?"

"Do I ever? Come on. Let's go into the paddock. I need space," replied Tasha.

Isabella didn't care where she and Tasha talked just as long as they got a good chance to talk. Isabella wanted to have an update on everything that was going on for Tasha and maybe she could have got some advice on her jealousy.

The girls made themselves comfortable on the grass and Destiny eyed them warily. Isabella knew that the mare wouldn't hurt them, but she didn't want to take that chance. They sat at a safe enough distance so they could watch Destiny, but she could go about her business without being disturbed.

And that was when Tasha told her friend about what was going on.

"There isn't much to say about what I did," said Tasha, "and now I am so embarrassed."

Isabella was surprised that Tasha would have acted like that, "at least he wanted to look out for you."

"I know, and yeah, it was a strange at first. But he's Mr Wilson's friend. He never would have done anything to me."

"Have you apologized to him?"

"I haven't seen him."

"Haven't seen him?"

"Okay, so maybe I have been deliberately avoiding him so I don't have to say sorry," said Tasha.

"I think you need to say sorry to him and once you do, you will feel a lot better," replied Isabella.

"Yeah, I think so too. I'm just so nervous."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"I hope so," said Tasha, "how are things for you? How are things at RayBourne?"

"Things are good. Hannah is good too. She's a really good friend, but something happened," replied Isabella.

"What happened?"

"Remember Lucy?"

Tasha nodded.

"Well, she was trying to be my friend."

Tasha nodded, asking for more information.

"But every time she was being nice to me, I laughed it off and ignored her."

"Okay. What happened?"

"We were out riding the other week and Lucy fell off her horse. Hannah and I were laughing at her, but we did help her."

"I don't see what's so bad about that," said Tasha.

"Lucy was so embarrassed, and we laughed at her. And that night at dinner, I went to check if she was okay, and she lost it at me. She told me that she was honestly trying to be my friend and after the way I treated her, she said she didn't know why she bothered."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry that happened."

"But how could I be so mean?"

"We all make mistakes. Look at what's gone on for me lately."

"Well, yeah, I guess."

"Both of us just have to move on and try again."

Isabella couldn't have agreed more with that.

"There is something else I wanted to talk to you about," said Isabella.

"What is it?" replied Tasha.

"Its about Nicole and Riley."

"What about them?"

"I think I'm jealous."

"Of them?"

Isabella nodded.

"Why are you jealous?" asked Tasha, "have they done something to make you feel like this?"

"No, they haven't done anything," replied Isabella, "but I have finished year twelve and I still don't have a boyfriend. I don't want to sound desperate or anything, but I kind of feel left out."

"How?"

"Well, you have a boyfriend, and Nicole has one too. Adam has a girlfriend. And I have nothing."

"Isabella," said Tasha, "you can't think like that. I don't want to sound like a broken record but there is someone out there for you and you will find them."

"I know, I know, and I keep trying to tell myself that, but it doesn't make me feel any better."

"You will find a boyfriend. You just have to give it time."

"Yeah," said Isabella, "but how do I get rid of this jealousy?"

"I have no idea. I thought horse riding would always make you feel better, though," replied Tasha.

"It normally does. But Storm isn't here, is he?"

"Can't you ride Destiny?"

"I can, but I want Storm."

"Well, you'll see him soon."

"Yeah."

The girls then finished their conversation there because Amy and Mr Wilson were waiting for Tasha so they could go home. The girls said their goodbyes and then Isabella thought about everything that had been talked about. She really hoped she would feel better soon.

...

Nicole was nervous.

She had asked Riley over for a sleepover.

A sleepover.

A real live sleepover.

And Nicole was the one who asked for it.

Nicole said that Riley could sleep in the spare room and she was glad that she did, because it would make her feel less nervous, and her dad would be okay with it. If Riley slept in the same bed as Nicole, Mr Walker would have given his, 'father-knows-best-lecture,' and Nicole didn't want that. But Mr Walker said he could stay and Nicole was glad of it.

This was going to be fun.

But now Nicole just needed to control her nerves before Riley came over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 5.8K 198
TAKE WHATEVER STORY IDEA YOU WANT. I'M NO LONGER USING THIS ACCOUNT. story ideas for the uncreative ♡ proven to be the best story ideas to ever exist...
180 48 23
No story discretion sorry.
141 0 14
................................................................