Maze Runner Imagines

By futureauthor300

Just imagine this: you in the Maze Runner series! In this book, you'll find [character] x female!reader. Ima... More

Intro
About Requests!
You Arrive at the Glade
You Have a Nightmare
You Find Him Crying
You Get Stuck in the Maze at Night
You Get Stuck in the Maze at Night (Part 2)
A Glader Attacks You
He Finds You Crying
You Get Stung by a Griver
He Gets Stuck in the Maze at Night
Newt Imagine (Dedicated to @lovereading002 )
Minho Imagine
Alby Imagine
Confessing Your Feelings
Descibing You With One Word
You're Sick
Newt Imagine for @lovereading002
What the Other Gladers Think
Breaking Up (Part One)
Breaking Up (Part Two)
After the Break Up
There's Another Girl
Horoscopes Because Why Not
Happy Birthday @lovereading002
Another Glader Hits You
Meeting (A Real Life Imagine)
Singing (A Real Life Imagine)
Rain (A Real Life Imagine)
Soul Mate (A Real Life Imagine)
100 Truths (A/N)
Hair (Prefrence)
Disney Movies (Preference)
Favorite Book
The Sooper Dooper Looper (Its in Hersheypark)
Minho Imagine for @mazerunningkayla
Halloween Costumes
Valentine's Day (A Real Life Imagine) Thomas and Newt Imagines
Thomas Imagine: Wolf (Part 1)
Newt Imagine: Torture (TST Imagine)
PLEASE READ THIS! (A/N)
Minho Imagine: She's Mine
Thomas Imagine: Wolf (Part 2)
Newt Imagine: Can You Be Mine?
Minho Imagine: Haha - Like I Could Leave You (TST Imagine)
Thomas Imagine: Wolf (Part 3)
Newt Imagine: You Love Her, Don't You?
Minho Imagine: A Sweet Melody
Newt Imagine: The Changing
Newt Imagine: She Was Supposed To Be Dead!
Newt Imagine: She Was Supposed To Be Dead! (Part 2)
Thomas Imagine (Request!)
Newt Imagine: She was Supposed to be Dead! (Part 3)
Thomas Imagine: Better Off Dead
Thomas Imagine: The Cure
A Letter from Me to You (A/N)
Thomas Imagine: Ready, Set, Roast!
Newt Imagine: I am in Love with You
Minho Imagine: The Girl that Lived on the Other Side
Newt Imagine: Flinch
Minho Imagine: Get Away From Her!
Newt Imagine: She was Supposed to be Dead! (Part 4)
Thomas Imagine: Flirtatious
Gally Imagine: (Request!)
Minho Imagine (Request!)
Thomas Imagine (Request!)
Newt Imagine (Request!)
Ben Imagine: Till Death Do Us Part
Newt Imagine (Request!)
Gally Imagine (Request!)
Thomas Imagine (Request!)
Gally Imagine: Not Anymore
Newt Imagine: Flinch (Part 2)
Gally Imagine: It Was Easier When You Were Dead
Thomas Imagine: Familiarity

Thomas Imagine: Request! (part 2)

1.1K 9 13
By futureauthor300

Warning: TST spoilers, gun violence, slightly abusiveness
Word Count: 6585 words
Quick A/N: Here is your continuation of your request, ScorchedThomas2922  Hope you enjoy!!

• • • • •

Logan and Laura had fallen asleep far after the helicopter had taken off. Most of the other Gladers did as well. It was dark when the helicopter had landed, Thomas being shaken awake by Minho. We ran inside of the big facility, through big steel doors much similar to the ones in the Maze. I clutched onto a sleeping Logan, Thomas held Laura in his.

Once the remaining Gladers reached the inside of the building we were brought to, the large doors closed behind us. "Where are we?" I asked quietly, holding Logan closer.

Thomas turned, shrugging, and was about to speak until a man, very skinny and slightly tall in stature spoke, walking up to the eight of us.

"My name is Janson. You should all be safe here from WICKED for now. Once the time comes, we will take you to the Paradise, which is slowly becoming larger and larger to allow more people," He told us to follow him as we walked further into the building. "Since your homes were destroyed in the Flare, we turned this into your new home...or at least one of sorts."

The man led us down a corridor, and at the end marked several different rooms. "But first, let's get rid of that smell." Janson slightly laughed.

• • • • •

I had the twins cleaned up and dressed in new clothes and made sure they were able to find their father in the room next over before I cleaned myself up.

We were separated from the others behind a curtain. We heard the others leave, but yet the twins and I stayed. The doctors said that they had to run more tests on the three of us because something didn't seem right.

"Mommy, are we going to see daddy again?" Laura asked, sitting next to me.

"And Uncle Newt and Uncle Minho?" Logan asked as well.

I didn't know what to say. I wished that we could, that that's where the doctors were taking us, but how could I not say no? They were my children, my precious son and daughter.

"Yes, of course! We will see them all again! It won't be long, sweethearts," I hated lying to them, but it was the only way they would remain calm.

Janson walked into the room, an evilly playful grin upon his lips. "Follow me." As I went to pick Laura up, Janson sent me a glare. "They can walk themselves."

We followed Janson towards the doors, and down a long hallway filled with guards and other doctors. We passed two windows, inside where other teenagers were. I scanned the room, finding a few familiar faces. Newt, Minho, what appeared to be the back of Frypan and Winston's heads, and of course, Thomas. He seemed to notice me looking through the windows because he quickly got up, shouting my name in question. I stopped, ignoring Janson's calls to continue walking, placing my hand on the glass that separated us.

I watched as Thomas turned towards the guard, asking if he could be let out to see us, but the guard remained there. He turned back towards the window with a worried look.

"Is that daddy, mommy?" Logan asked, looking up at me. I nodded, only to earn more yelling from Janson. Guards began to pull away the twins, which earned terrified cries from Logan and Laura. I placed my hand on the glass, pulling away from the two guards that pulled at me.

"Get out of here," I told Thomas, before being dragged away.

• • • • •

A door opened and I was thrown inside. I fell to the ground, landing on my hands in order to keep my head from hitting the cold, tile ground.

I heard the twins call for me, and I quickly got up, reaching for them even though they still remained tightly held by the guards. Janson stood in front, and when I reached for my children, he simply slapped me across the face.

"When I tell you to follow me, that doesn't mean stop and talk to those who are done with their testing," He snickered. The guards yanked Logan and Laura back, causing Laura to start crying and Logan to tense up in fear.

"Don't hurt them! Let them go!" I roared, pushing Janson back in order to reach them. He pushed me harder, causing me to fall back to the ground.

"Don't hurt Mommy!" Logan shouted at Janson, only for him to earn a slap. Anger flooded through me. There was no way I would let anyone hurt them. Getting up once again, I charged towards Janson, this time providing enough force to get past him and to the twins.

"Do you hear me?" Janson shouted. Reaching for them, the guards raised their guns towards me. I refused to surrender, even with the possibility of death staring me straight in the face. "Let them go," I commanded. The one guard slightly lowered his gun, but Janson shot him a dirty look.

"Don't disobey me then, [Y/N]. I'm sure the last thing you want your children to see is your bloody limp body on the ground," He replied. He walked closer to me, his daring dark eyes making me uncomfortable as he was probably staring straight into my soul. I stepped back, further from the twins and once again into the cold dark room. "Answer me this, [Y/N]. Why did you tell Thomas to get out of here?"

I stayed quiet, afraid that any response would result in another blow to the face. Janson shouted again, and I still remained silent. Earning another slap, my cheek burned red. "Tell me why you told him that!" He pushed me to the ground, stepping on my hand hard. I winced in pain, but I couldn't make it obvious that I was hurt in front of my own children. I had to stay strong through fearful times.

I watched as Janson kneeled to the ground where my body was, my already bruised hand still squished beneath his foot. He inched close to my face, moving a strand of my hair away from in front of my eyes. He smiled. "We could've made this so much more simple. I will give you one more chance to respond, [Y/N]. Why did you tell Thomas to get out of here?"

Within another moment or two of complete utter silence, Janson smiled, placing a large stomp onto my hand. I bit back tears. "Leave the children here. It might be better for them to see their mother suffer than to be alone." The guards pushed Logan and Laura into the room with me, but one guard remained standing there with his gun pointing at a forty-five degree angle towards the ground. Janson pushed him away, slamming the door behind him. Pushing my self up with my non-injured hand, the twins came over to me. I tried to comfort their cries, but I found myself crying as well.

• • • • •

We had fallen asleep, and only I had woken up to the sound of an opening door. It was a guard, carrying several plates of food and water. "Leave," I whispered, not only to keep the twins still in their slumber, but to also not show much anger to prevent the guard from lashing out much similar to Janson.

The guard continued forward, placing the food on the ground next to me. He closed the door of the room behind him, only the light from the hallway illuminating the room. He then kneeled down, hands in surrender, and took off his helmet to show his face. He was an older gentleman, with newly gray hair and wrinkles that had formed from the intense sunlight. He looked familiar somehow, but I didn't know from where.

He didn't speak, he simply reached into his pocket and pulled out a roll of bandages. He walked over to me, and gently took my bruised arm and carefully wrapped it. "Don't remove the bandage for a while, not until long after you are gone from here," I looked at how he had wrapped it, tightly but not enough to cause me to wince. "It's not broken, nor dislocated. There might be a small fracture, so you may want to not lift anything 'til it feels better and the bruising has gone."

Why was this man helping me? Why did he care what my condition was? "I have a feeling Thomas is going to get you and the twins out of here late tomorrow night. I had heard his voice hushed among the vents moments before I came here," He smiled softly. "He's a good kid. I'll make sure when the time comes, the twins and you will be able to meet up with your friends." Not another word escaped from his mouth. He simply placed his helmet back onto his head, walked towards the door, and walked out.

• • • • •

When the twins woke up, I decided not to tell them of the mysterious guard that had helped during the night. Instead I told them that a rather rude guard dropped food by the door and left without a word. When Logan asked about the large bandage on my wrist, I told him I had taken it from the doctor in case if either him or his sister got hurt.

Later that night, just as the odd guard predicted, alarms blared signaling someone was escaping. The door swung open just as they began, and remained so until the twins and I decided to investigate. No one stood with the open door; no one invited us to leave.  I turned towards the twins, kneeling before them, looking into their eyes.

"Stay behind me. If someone you don't know follows, let me know. We are going to get out of here," They nodded. Logan looked as if he had a little bit more determination to leave than Laura, but she was tinier than him in stature so maybe that also had some effect.

They followed behind me, as we snuck out of the room. I had no weapon to defend myself with, nothing but the bandage I was given and my own body that wouldn't do much damage to anyone else.

I heard footsteps, and I stopped. They were running, but I couldn't tell if they were running from something or after. Looking around, I saw a loose pipe. I picked it up, and the footsteps grew louder. I told the twins to stay against the wall, and gripping the pipe in my hands, I ran out and was about to swing at whoever was there.

"Woah, woah, woah!" A voice yelled, and footsteps slammed to a stop. "[Y/N]?" It was Thomas and the other Gladers, along with one boy I didn't recognize. I saw him look towards my bandaged hand, and I dropped the pipe, turning towards the twins.

"It's alright. It isn't anyone going to hurt us," I spoke to them. They slowly walked out, then ran towards Thomas and engulfed him into a hug. "So, what's the plan to get us out of here?"

• • • • •

We had escaped the facility, carrying a single gun with us. Thomas had introduced me to his "marvelous" plan of walking towards the mountains to look for people called The Right Arm. Of course, it would take us a while to get there considering he wasn't even exactly sure where they were. We had travelled far, and unfortunately lost Winston along the way. We had looked for shelter the day we escaped and only ended up finding a Crank infested building that eventually made us leave, only having Winston injured while doing so.

We had made some sort of shelter that night, but most times we had to sleep on the cold ground without any protection. We now found ourselves with barely any rations, Laura bundled next to me and Logan next to Thomas not that far away. Lack of everything had prevented me from sleeping, and thunder woke little Laura awake. I sat up, comforting her, only to see shining lights from the edge of the mountains. I stood up, walking over to Thomas and gently nudging him awake. My voice was crackly and hoarse, so instead of speaking I just pointed towards the glowing building.

Thomas woke everyone up, picking Logan up. More thunder surrounded us and we took of running. I heard the lightning strike roughly behind us, but we kept running. I had held Laura because I had known she would not be able to run at the same pace we did, and she clung onto me in fear, burying her face into my neck. Frypan, the second to arrive at the door of the building, held it open and we were all safely able to make it inside.

I had placed Laura down and told her to stay right where she was. Thomas did the same with Logan, and together the twins sat there looking around at the dark room. Thomas pulled me into a hug and let out a deep breath he had seemed to be holding. "Mommy?" Logan called from where he sat. "What's that smell?"

"Logan! Laura! Come here now!" Thomas yelled, and they quickly ran towards us. Right after them stood two Cranks, old and far past the Gone, launching themselves towards the two children. We pulled them close, fighting to stay away from any Crank daring to get close enough. A door opened and a girl roughly our age walked towards us. The Cranks reached for her, but couldn't reach, and the girl didn't even flinch.

"Well, you guys look like shit," She laughed. "Follow me. Jorge wants to meet you."

• • • • •

We had followed the girl further into the building and up several flights of stairs. "It's been a while since we've seen anyone come out of the Scorch, especially a full family. It has him," She paused. "Curious."

I gave a worried glance to Thomas, and he replied with a similar look. We reached the top floor of the building and faced an older man speaking into an even older radio.

"Three questions. Where did you come from, where are you going, how can I profit?" He asked, turning around to face us. Silence. "Don't all speak at once," He mumbled, grabbing a glass of water he had just poured, taking a sip.

"We're going to the Right Arm," Thomas replied. The man laughed.

"Oh, Hermano, you mean your looking for ghosts." He chuckled. "That answers one question. Where did you come from?"

"We can't tell you that," Thomas replied. The man looked towards the crowd of people behind us, and nodded. The girl we saw earlier rushed forward with a scanner, pushing Thomas's head down so she could scan the back of his neck. "Hey! What the hell! Get off of me!" He yelled, causing Logan to move closer to me.

"You were right," The girl responded. "They're from WICKED,"

The man smiled. "And that means that they are very very valuable."

• • • • •

Logan and Laura were tied together on the floor. The rest of us dangled from the air by our ankles. "Great idea, guys," Minho mumbled. "Let's see what the man has to say. Great idea."

"Does that mean we aren't going to the Right Arm?" Laura asked, sadly.

"No, no, no, Princess. Of course we are going to go to the Right Arm. We're going to get out of here, trust me. We're," Thomas paused. "We're just tied up with another task at hand."

Frypan snorted. "Good pun, Thomas. Great way to tell your daughter not now."

Jorge walked into the room and we all grew silent. "Where is the Right Arm?"

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt mumbled where he slightly spun.

"Yes, but I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the air waves. Now," Jorge looked at Thomas. "Where is the Right Arm?"

"Listen, we don't know-" Jorge pulled the lever that caused the to slightly drop. "But-but we can tell you their general location! They're in the mountains. They move around, they take everyone who isn't sick to paradise, that's it! That's all we know."

"The mountains, eh?" Jorge spoke.

Another man walked in, looking at us hanging then to the twins then finally to Jorge. "Is everything alright here, Jorge?"

"Yes, my new friends and I were just getting acquainted. We're done now," With that, Jorge walked out, the man following behind.

• • • • •

Thomas had pushed me towards the lever, and after the second time I had been able to grab it, pulling on it to let us down. I quickly untied myself, then moved a pole to allow Thomas to grab onto so I could untie him. After, I turned towards the twins and untied them as Thomas tended to the others.

When we were all untied, the man came into the room again. This time he had a gun, and he pointed it towards me, who stood in front of everyone else. "You're not leaving!" He yelled. A gunshot sounded, and I jumped, looking down at where I expected there to be a bloody wound. I looked up and the man fell, the girl standing there before us.

"Come with me." She commanded and I immediately followed. If she wanted us dead, she would've let that man kill us.

She led us up to the top of the stairs where we first met Jorge. He was there gathering things together, slightly dancing to the music he had playing. "We need to get out of here," He spoke. "And I have an easy way we can leave." We walked over to where a rope was, pulling down what seemed to be the end of a bike. "We'll be safe on the other side," He spoke, grabbing onto the handles and jumping out of the window.

The girl looked towards Thomas and nodded. He signaled the other Gladers to follow Jorge. Minho, then Newt and Frypan. I looked towards the twins, then up to Thomas.

"There is no way I'm taking them on that," I spoke. "It's unsafe. We need to find another way." I walked away from the window. The girl tossed me a gun.

"If you need another way, you're going to need that. WICKED guards are everywhere." She spoke.

"[Y/N] it's more unsafe to go through the building! WICKED guards are worse than jumping out of a window. Look what happened to you!" Thomas yelled.

"Look what happened to me? I'm fine! I was able to escape from them not just with my own life, but with the twins' as well!" I shouted back.

"You ended up with a injured wrist and bloody lip. They basically abused you!"

"Well I lived! We all survived! What happens if Logan slips out of your grasp when you're on that thing? No going back!"

"What do you plan to do when Laura gets shot by a WICKED guard? No going back!"

"No one will get shot because I would make sure none of them were there!"

"And I would make sure Logan would be in my grasp so he wouldn't fall!"

"Guys," The girl interrupted. "You need to make a decision now."

"I'm finding another way. Come with if you want." I turned to leave. No one followed. I sighed, realizing my defeat. The twins would have to stay with Thomas. Too late for them to change their minds now. "Anything happens to the twins and you're a dead man."

I ignored Thomas's calls and climbed down the stairs. I saw guards everywhere, but I was able to slightly hide from them. I saw an opening in the side, and decided that would be my best bet out.

I quickly and quietly walked towards the opening, but had to stop before my escape. There were two people fighting off a WICKED guard in front of my path.

As they were distracted, I quickly ran past. His gun went off, sending a piercing feeling near my abdomen. I resisted the eager to scream in pain, and continued to run by them. I ran outside, my hand covering against the wound. I climbed up on part of the mountain, hidden from the helicopter. As I climbed, the building exploded in a fiery mess. I turned around and faced it, plopping down on the ground. Blood seeped into my still bandaged hand, and I felt myself fall backwards.

Thomas was right. It was safer going the other way. What an idiot I was, running off simply over a small disagreement. They are safe and with the others, and here I am, stubborn me, alone. I was stupid, and now because of it, I will die.

My eyes began to close, and not even the bright light from the fire could keep me awake.

• • • • •

My eyes opened slowly to a blinding bright light. There was no way I could be alive. This must've been Heaven.

"About time you woke," A voice spoke. "I was getting worried."

I lifted my head to see the mysterious guard once again. He had his helmet to the right of him, a medical kit to the left. I lifted my shirt slightly so I could see the wound, which now was sewn. I looked back up at the man.

"Nothing too serious. Just a mere gunshot. Didn't even hit anything important," He spoke. He offered some water to me, and I cautiously took it.

"Who are you?" I asked. His eyes looked down. "And why are you helping me? You're a WICKED guard. Helping me escape is the last possible thing you should be doing."

He sighed, slightly laughing. "Of course you wouldn't remember. Janson told me the effects were permanent,"

I stayed quiet and waited for the old man to explain. To my surprise, he didn't. I saw hurt in his eyes, so maybe it was better if he left me in the dark.

"The others," I asked. "Did you see if they made it out?"

"The twins and their father left with the girl. They didn't use Jorge's way to leave. I saw Thomas tried to run after you, but the girl held him back. They got out before the explosion, just like you." He spoke. I nodded.

"And they're alright?" I questioned.

"From what I could tell, they are safe for the most part." He replied, staring at the orange desert ground.

It was silent between us for a few moments. I looked around and saw we weren't were I had remembered collapsing. We were far away from the building, much deeper into the mountains.

"We're close to a small town. I think Jorge will lead your friends there. It's not far from here, about a mile walk northeast, maybe a little shorter. I'd take you there, but I don't think anyone will want to see an old WICKED's guardsman there." He spoke as if he read my thoughts, as if he knew what my next question would be. I nodded once again.

"Thank you," I quietly spoke. "Thank you for protecting me and my children."

The old man turned towards me and smiled. "Consider it pay back," I gave him a questioning look, but he ignored it. "Might be best for you to get some sleep."

I laid back down and my eyes began to close once again.

• • • • •

When I woke up again, the man, the medical kit, and his helmet was gone, as if he was never here. I stood up, my strength not fully returned and I looked for him. I couldn't find anything to signal where he went. He was gone.

"About a mile walk northeast, maybe a little shorter," His words rung in my head. I had to get to them, so off I walked.

It didn't take me long to try and find the small town. What took me long was to try and find the correct place where the others were. I had asked people if they had seen two small children with a boy a little older than me, but most of them either ran or ignored me.

I had reached a large building, music blaring from inside. There were teenagers drinking and stumbling around outside. "Looking for someone?" A man called, from the doorway.

"Actually, yes. I'm looking for-" I hesitated. There were only teenagers here, no adults, except for him. "No. I'm not looking for someone. I should get going," I spoke.

"Are you sure? Leaving before you've even seen the party?" The man asked, taking a step towards me.

"Yes, I'm positive-"

"Marcus, leave the girl alone." Jorge's voice boomed behind me. I turned, seeing the others standing there.

"Bloody hell, [Y/N]," Newt mumbled. "Were you shot?" He had noticed the red stain from blood on my shirt. I looked down at it, then back up to him without a word.

"Where's Thomas and the Twins? Weren't they with you?" I asked, quickly changing the subject.

"No, we thought they were with you." Minho responded.

"Well, they have to be here somewhere," I turned towards Marcus. "Did a boy my age with a set of twins come through here?"

Before Marcus gave a shanky comment, Jorge pushed through. He told me to come with him, and once I ran through the door. I hated the scene I saw.

Thomas's unconscious body laying on the floor, the twins sobbing at his side.

• • • • •

Thomas was brought to the second floor and lain on a couch. The twins, wiping the tears from their eyes as they sat on the floor.

Jorge spent time beating Marcus's face in, but I couldn't watch it. I didn't know if it was because of the blood that ran from his nose and lip, or because of what happened at the facility.

Thomas woke up moments after Marcus's face was bloodied. He woke as if everything was normal, smiling once he saw me. He sat up, noticing Jorge still beating Marcus's face in. He glanced at me, noticing my bloody shirt. He was about to speak, but the twins ran up to him, hugging him. As he hugged them, he couldn't keep his eyes off of me. I saw his jaw clench up and he then looked to the floor.

Jorge had bargained an old truck from Marcus that would be able to take us to the mountains to find the Right Arm. He then drove there, and once we were deep into the mountain range, we came upon a road blocked by other cars and trucks. Gunshots were heard, until Aris decided to show his face. Those that were with him in the Glade had escaped from the facility shortly before we did. They were able to find the Right Arm, and they stayed here waiting for others.

Once we arrived into the camp, a man named Vince greeted us in a not so friendly manner. The girl, who I had learned was named Brenda, had been bitten and fallen to the ground, violently shaking. Vince, alarmed, pointed his gun at her. Thomas jumped in front, pleading for him to not shoot. A woman, roughly forty, walked out and smiled once she saw Thomas and I.

"Don't shoot, Vince," She called, walking towards us. "They can save her,"

• • • • •

Newt, Minho, and Frypan had decided to occupy Logan and Laura's attention while Thomas and I sat inside of a tent, waiting for Brenda to wake. Mary had told us we were different than the others, and since we were immune, we could save Brenda, but she would need several doses every couple of months. Thomas decided to give the dose this time, and as Mary injected the serum she had taken from Thomas's blood, we saw Brenda stop shaking, finally looking at peace.

Mary placed the needle on her table, turning towards us. She smiled sadly. "I'm sorry for all of the things you two have went through, especially with two little children. It wasn't right what happened, but it's the past now, so you must move forward from it," She wiped her hands on a spare cloth, walking towards the door. "I'll leave you two alone now. If anything happens to Brenda, let me know immediately."

It was silent between Thomas and I, an unusual discomfort in the air. "The Twins asked why I yelled at you after we escaped," He mumbled, looking at the ground. "I felt like a real shank at that moment."

"You were right anyway. The only shank is me," I replied, looking over towards Brenda. "What did you end up telling them?"

"I-" He paused. "I told them they shouldn't worry about it, but that of course only made them question more about it. And maybe that would've been the safest way, but that was not how we escaped. I ran after you. I was afraid and the last thing I wanted to happen was losing you or the twins. I thought if you left you'd get hurt, badly hurt," He rubbed his eyes, preventing tears. "Brenda stopped me. She told us it was too late to go back up to go the way everyone else did so we has to use an underground system, which probably will give the twins nightmares for a while."

I gently grabbed his hand, and he looked up at me. "I'm sorry for storming off. I should've stayed with you. Had the twins got hurt instead of me, I don't know what I would've done." Thomas wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer. More silence as he held me, but this silence was different, it was peaceful, tranquil, nicer than the others.

"What happened?" Thomas asked.

"I was shot," I quietly spoke.

"And how did you heal so fast? How were you able to make it to that town?"

I sighed, not knowing how to explain it. For all I know, that guard could've been a figment of my own imagination. "[Y/N]?"

"There was a guard," I spoke quietly. "I didn't know who he was, but he also helped us when Janson had separated the twins and I from you. He had found me, and he stitched up the wound. He looked so familiar, and mumbled that Janson told him the effects were permanent, but I just...I didn't know who he was," Thomas looked puzzled. "I probably sound insane. I mean for all I know it was a figment of my own imagination. But the man...he just...looked so familiar."

"Maybe you knew him before the Maze Trials," He spoke. Brenda stirred on the cot. We saw her eyes slowly open, then she turned to her side to grab a pocket watch she carried with her, noticing us.

"Uh...is there a reason why you guys are here?" She asked.

"We were just talking," I smiled, turning back to Thomas.

• • • • •

Shortly after Thomas had told Mary that Brenda had awoken, we joined the other Gladers on a small hill. As we approached, we saw Newt and Minho, each with Logan and Laura sitting next to them. They perked up once they saw us, and ran towards us with smiles.

"What'd we miss?" I slightly laughed, picking Laura up.

Above us, we heard Bergs. My smile dropped and I swallowed back angry tears; my one shot at pure happiness was gone. As they landed, we ran towards Vince, who handed out guns to other Right Arm soldiers. WICKED soldiers ran out of the landing Berg, shooting everyone in sight. Vince told me to run, but instead of fleeing the scene, I ran towards the truck he was in and picked up one of the shotguns.

"What are you doing?" He yelled over the loud shots. "You have a family!" I pulled the trigger, aiming towards a guard. The bullet shot out of the barrel fast, hitting the guard, knocking him down. "Alright, maybe you should use the gun." I heard Vince mumble. I haven't used a gun since my memories had been wiped, let alone even dare to use one at the facility. Something struck in my mind when I saw the ambush of guards, a lost memory that tried to set itself free.

As I continued to shoot at the guards, Thomas had gotten the twins to what I hoped was safety. A small grenade was launched over to the truck, and as we tried to scatter to escape the bolts of electricity, we failed and even the smallest bolts sent us in darkness once again.

When I woke up, I had been on the ground next to Newt and Minho. I stared up at the guards, then looked around for Thomas, Logan, or Laura. They were no where to be found. Janson, stumbling angrily towards me, grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, ripping me out of the line the guards had placed us in.

"Where is he?" He shouted.

"How the hell would I know?" I remarked, only to earn a punch to the gut. I felt blood seep through the stitched wound, and I closed my eyes to try and tolerate the pain.

"Injured, are we? Tell me where he is, and maybe I will spare your children's lives," He spat.

"I don't know! I saw him run off so for all you know, he could be on his way to the Paradise!" I shouted. I was furious. I wanted a normal life, a family I wouldn't be scared to go around with, a house with a loving husband, a vacation every once in a while, but of course, that was the last thing I could ever get.

"Let her go, Janson," I heard Thomas's voice shout. Two guards had attached themselves to each of his arms, preventing him from leaving. It was only him, no Logan, no Laura. As I looked around, his eyes met mine and he gave a slight nod of reassurance. He had a plan, and I trusted him.

As the guards took him over to where we were, he was pushed into the spot I was taken out of. "Those of you that belong to WICKED, you're coming back with us," Janson roared. "Those of you that have been fired, chose to leave, and never even worked under WICKED's command will be executed," He looked over towards Mary and Vince, who were also kneeling on the ground. "And those of you that betray," I was punched again where my wound was. "Will receive punishment." I was dropped to the ground, clutching my abdomen to prevent blood from leaving my body anymore. I wished that the old man, the mysterious WICKED guard would come to help once again.

As guards began rounding up their subjects, a woman who I've seen before, with shimmering blonde hair and a porcelain white lab coat slowly and daintily walked down towards the door of the opened Berg. It was Paige...Ava Paige.

Thomas, either from pure anger or hatred, ran forward with one of Vince's grenades, much more deadlier than WICKED's. "You try to take anyone, and I'll blow up everything you've worked hard for," His thumb rested above the red button, and the look of Ava's face grew much more solemn. Newt, Minho, and Frypan stood next to him. I still was kneeled on all fours on the ground, trying to regain even the smallest bit of strength so I could stand with them. I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder, and I looked to see who. It was a guard, and even with his helmet on, I could still tell it was him: the mysterious guard, the old man, a man I had known since birth, my father.

I stood up, walking towards my fellow Gladers. "You can't do this, Thomas. You have children! Think about how upset they will be parentless. What about your friends? What about [Y/N]? I'm sure they don't want to have their lives cut so short." Paige pleaded.

Thomas reached for my hand, and held it tight. My eyes remained on Ava Paige. "Do it, Thomas." I spoke. Newt began to taunt along, Minho eventually joining in as well. Thomas pressed the button, but it would not cause us to be blown to bits. It would cause an explosion further back near a horde of guards. Brenda and Jorge started shooting into the crowd, hitting anyone that worked with WICKED.

Thomas dragged my injured self back towards them, but I pulled out of his grasp, grabbing a near by Launcher. I shot, until my strength had vanished and I had fallen to the ground, still shooting. I had decided to take a chance and try to run back towards the others, but as soon as I had stood, I was shot with a massive bullet pulsating with electricity and crashed back down. Guards came over and began to carry me to the Berg. I was stunned. I couldn't move.

This was it. That would be the last time I would see Thomas and the Twins.

• • • • •

(Third P.O.V.)

"So what do we do now?" Minho asked, stopping the depressing silence. It was the next day. WICKED had taken not only the love of Thomas's life, but also Aris and several other innocent Subjects that were simply looking for a better life.

Thomas turned to Vince, who stood standing next to Harriet with a gun in his hands.

"I guess we pack up what we can and move on. Whatever is left of us will move to the Safe Haven. But we need to get you there if you want to be safe." Vince said, looking at Harriet who nodded.

"I'm not going with," Thomas said, moving the twins off of his lap and to the flipped over truck next to him. He stood up and grabbed his backpack, starting to walk away.

"Thomas, what are you doing?" Newt asked.

"I promised [Y/N] back in the Maze that we would have a happy life together. There is no way I'm going to simply give that up just because she was taken. I'm going to get her. Now, I'm not asking anyone to come with, but I am leaving and no one can change my mind." He spoke, fixing the strap of his backpack.

"Dude, you can't just leave your kids!" Frypan objected.

Newt nodded. "They've already lost their mum. You can't have them lose their father on nearly the same day. And I know that [Y/N] means a lot to you, but you can't just get up and run to where ever they took her. If you go, it won't just be difficult. It will be impossible."

"More like suicide." Jorge said, glancing at both of them.

"I wasn't asking for anyone to come with. But I'm going to get [Y/N] and everyone else back. Wicked isn't going to stop getting Immunes. Ever. I'm going to stop them." Thomas said.

"How are you gonna do that?" Minho asked.

"I'm gonna kill Ava Paige." He spoke.

"I have to say," Harriet started. "I would love a little bit of revenge."

Newt spoke. "Revenge would be nice."

Vince nodded.

"So what's your plan?" Brenda asked Thomas.

He thought for a moment, then looked at her and smiled.

"You're gonna love it," He spoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.6K 36
I will include the boys: Newt Thomas Gally & Minho I will update every day or at least 7 times a week (maybe in the same day). I take requests just...
484K 11.2K 49
FANFIC BY RAYNA What if, Instead of Teresa, You were the first girl in the Maze? What if You were the main character? Newt becomes your everything, y...
208K 2.9K 85
Maze runner preferences and imagines requests are open so get them in fast to have yours first! REQUESTS OPEN ! Slightly PG-13 at times for language...
836K 11.6K 114
Imagines for the following: -Newt -Thomas -Minho -Gally -Chuck -Brenda -Teresa