That Smile (Dave East Fanfict...

By DaveIsFave

Faith and Dave both want a relationship, but aren't eager in taking that step with anyone. Faith feels she is... More

Introduction
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
That Smile II Is Up!

Twelve.

34.9K 1.1K 514
By DaveIsFave

Next Morning...

Faith's POV

Waking up, I climb over Dave to get my phone and to see what time it is. It's a little past ten. I head out of my room and make my way to the bathroom to relieve myself, and to freshen up before I make something to eat.

Last night was....crazy. We definitely did NOT have sex, but that's all I could think about once everything set in that we're officially a couple. I know Dave. We all know Dave. Everybody knows that David Brewster loves sex. He's expressed it in interviews plenty of times. His songs. He's made it known.

I'm not. I've always pictured myself waiting til marriage. Of course my beliefs plays a role in my decision, but it's mainly because I want to. Not because it's advised, but I genuinely want to wait. I don't want to have to ever use a condom. I don't want to have to worry if I'm pregnant because it would be with someone I love. I don't want to worry about catching something. I lo-like David a lot, but we need to have a serious sit down conversation when he gets up.

Walking towards the kitchen I see that Nyasia is up.

"Nya! I haven't seen you in forever." I sit down beside her. It's true. We haven't seen each other for more than five minutes in last couple of weeks. Nyasia already graduated last year, but now she's in graduate school this become an OBGYN. On top of that she's interning at a hospital here in New York and her schedule is all over place, which leaves little time to see her. Tears!

"I know. I've been working so much back to back along with school just about everyday. I am exhausted." She explained very nasally.

"Oh no ma'am," I jumped up so fast from sitting beside her. "That is absolutely disgusting. You sound terrible!"

"Gee thanks, Faith" she rolled her eyes and sat back into our couch. "The hospital sent me home for a few days after prescribing some medication and I emailed my professors."

"That's great, but you gotta get up. Can't have your germs out in the open. Come on. I'll set you all up in your room." I grabbed her arm and led her to her room.

After I helped Nyasia settle in her room, I went to spray down the couch and doorknobs with disinfectant. Once I did all that I washed my hands. When I was about to start on breakfast Dave came out of my room fully dressed with his wallet and phone in tow.

"Mornin baby," he kissed me really quickly and continued to my front door. "I gotta go handle some business, but we got a date tonight. I'll pick you at 9 on the dot." Before I could say anything he was out of the door. So much for talking this morning.
—————
I finally got Dave to give me a hint on what we're doing tonight. He told me to dress up, he's taking me to dinner. We all know I'm adamant about us not being seen in public. I do think it's sweet that he wants to take me out so I didn't give him a hard time. Oh and he told me to bring a change of clothes. Negro always want to be up under me.

It's almost 9 and I'm about ready. I'm wearing a dark blue, off the shoulder, midi dress. I haven't mastered the art of makeup as of yet so a bare face is what I'm rocking tonight adding my clear lipgloss. Absolutely hate heels, but I'm wearing them tonight. Just a simple, black, one strapped heel. With my hair I decided on a top knot. I didn't want to do too much with my look, but just enough.

At nine on the dot there was a knock on my front door. Making sure to grab my wrist wallet/purse, whichever you prefer, my phone, and overnight bag, I make my way to the door.

Opening the door I see a fine, oh so very fine, Dave. He really makes me rethink this whole "waiting til marriage" thing. He looks good yes, but he's not dressed up!

"Hey beautiful," he greeted with that beautiful smile then kissed my cheek. "You look amazing."

"Thanks Dave. You look good too. I'm about to go change real quick," I went to turn around, but he grabbed my hand while grabbing my overnight bag with his other hand.

"Why? You look great," he held a confused frown on his face.

"Why?" I questioned his question. "Dave, look at what you have on and look at me. It looks like we're going to separate events." I said stating the obvious.

"Baby what are you talking about?" He laughed at my nonsense.

"Dave I'm wearing a whole dress and heels while you're wearing jeans. Ripped ones at that. Just let me change real quick then we can go." I tried to walk back to my room.

He pulled me back and wrapped one arm around me as he used his other hand to grab my key so he could lock the front door. He led me outside then locked the door.

"Dave," I whined. "I'll make it quick. I promise."

"I believe you." He chuckled and led us outside to his car.

"I hate you." I frowned and huffed. I was low key annoyed because I don't dress up usually and now I feel really uncomfortable. This is out of my element.

He laughed at me and opened the passenger door for me then went to get in on his side. "We both know that's a damn lie, but aight." He chuckled.

"You're annoying," I crossed my arms and looked out of the window. I have a whole attitude now. I should have went with my first thought and wore dress pants. Ugh!

Dave reached over and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Don't be mad at me," he kissed my lips. "You mad?" He kissed me again. "Imma keep kissing you and asking until you not mad, even though we about to be late for our reservation." He kissed me once more.

Finally breaking and laughing I replied, "okay, okay, I forgive you." We both chuckled and he began driving. "Freaking annoying."

"And ju love it." He smiles over at me. I just smiled back.

I really can't express how much I care and like this man. He's perfect to me. He's caring, passionate, loving, a great listener, and let's not forget an amazing kisser. I could really see myself building something with him. He respects me and has never made me feel anything but respect from him. Would it be too soon to say love? I think it would and that's why I'm not going to say anything. I don't want to scare him away. He means too much to me for me to lose.

I squeezed his hand tight and leaned into his arm just cherishing my time with him. Every time I'm with him I feel like I'm in a fairytale. He treats me nothing less of a Queen and I want to and aim to treat him as a King. My King.

Arriving at the restaurant we make our way inside and get our seat. We're eating at a place called Charlie Bird. Fancy.

"Can I start you off with something to drink?" Our waiter asked us.

"I'll take a water with lemon," I responded with a polite smile.

"Same thing." Dave said. Our waiter took note of that and went to retrieve our drink.

Once he came back he told us to let him know when we were ready to order.

"Dave," I whispered over to him. He continued to look at his menu, but responded with a "hm."

"Have you ever been here before?" I asked him. This menu ain't it. I'm black. I like flavor and meat. One of which this place doesn't have.

"Nah. Why? What's wrong?" He looked over at me.

"Uhhhh there's no meat in none of their dishes," I told him still whispering.

"NO WHAT?!"

"Shhhhh," I laughed and looked to see a few people looking our way. I smiled and turned back to Dave. "There's no meat in any of these dishes. If you thought I needed to lose weight, all you had to do was tell me." I said jokingly.

He immediately got serious and apologetic. "No no baby I would never. You are perfect. I love the way you look. You are so beautiful." He said grabbing my hands and looking me into my eyes. Now do y'all see why it's so hard for me NOT to say "I love you" to this man. He's amazing.

"Babe I know. I was just joking with you." I smiled at him. "Can we go though? I want something filling and flavorful. With meat." He laughed along with me. "Amy Ruth's?" I suggested real quick.

"Bet." He said and we both got up. He threw a 50 on the table and we left out of the restaurant.

"I can't believe they ain't have no meat, pause, in they food." He said as we drove down the road.

I nudged his shoulder. "You are so annoying," I joked. "But I know right. Just ridiculous. I love meat."

"Word?" He looked over at me and smirked.

I busted out laughing. "I can't stand you." He laughed with me and shrugged.

We arrived at Amy Ruth's and got a booth in the back. Sitting across from each other we ordered our drink and food. Now I can finally talk to him.

"Uh Dave can I talk to you about something?" I started off. I was actually really nervous.

"Anything. What's up mama." He gave me his full attention.

"I think we should talk about us....and where we see this going..." I trailed off. I am legit nervous. Of course I want to be with David. No doubt, but I feel sex is a topic we need to discuss.

"Whatchu mean? I see us being together. Permanently. At least that's what I want. What about you?" He questioned.

"Of course.."

"What's really up Faith? Last night we were on the same page. Something had to have happened for you to be bringing this up." The waitress bringing our food out stopped me from responding right away.

I didn't respond immediately after. It was about five minutes into us eating before I finally spoke. "Dave I think we should rethink this." I blurted out. He looked up. "You know I really enjoy our time together, David. You've been the reason I've been smiling so much lately. I appreciate the joy that you bring into my life. You're an amazing person. An amazing dad. I'm lucky to be able to call you mine. I'm lucky to be able to be this close to you. You're my best friend. I'm just not sure if we should do this. I like you, yes, a lot actually, I just think we need to really think about this." I expressed and looked down.

"So what the fuck you saying?" He sounded irritated.

"Okay you need to bring it down. Talk to me like you got some sense." That country accent of mine was coming out of me.

"I ain't gotta do a damn thing. You shittin me?" His New York accent was coming out of him.

I just stared at him in disbelief. This is not how I pictured this conversation to go. "Can I get a to go box and my drink to go?" I asked our waitress as she walked by.

"Lemme get the check." Dave said to her.

We sat there and waited for her to come back in silence. Once I put my food in the box, got my drink, and Dave paid the bill we left and drove off. I'm guessing he's taking me back home. I don't really care.

He looked pissed and so tf did I. I won't just sit there and allow him, or anyone for that matter, to disrespect me when I'm speaking in a calm and respectful tone. The conversation wasn't even supposed to go that way.

"Are you taking me home?" I finally asked after riding in silence for 10 minutes.

"No."

"Where we going then?"

"We riding. Sit back and be quiet."

"Excuse me?" I had to sit up because he had me fucked up. "What is your problem?"

"All that bullshit you was spittin back at the restaurant is my problem. The fuck was all that shit?" He responded with so much attitude.

"If you would have acted like an adult and were able to have an adult conversation, you would have known. Instead you wanted to act like a child and catch an attitude."

"Nah I just don't like listening to nonsense." He responded nonchalantly.

"Don't ever downplay my feelings or me expressing a concern to you. That's wack of a boyfriend. My boyfriend. I would never do you like that." I went ahead and shut all that down. "If you would have shut up-" he cut me off.

"Shut up? You gettin me tight yo." He chuckled bitterly.

"And this is why we needed to have a conversation. How we supposed to have a successful "relationship" if you have a problem with listening?"

"There you go with them damn quotations again. How about we do us both a favor and end this." He concluded.

"Oh word? This whatchu do? Something you don't like or it doesn't go your way, you just quit? Wow. Never expected that from you." I chuckled and shook my head bitterly.

"I honestly don't give a fuck. We been seeing each other for seven months and I still ain't get none. Should've just got with Millie." He smirked and shook his head. I am livid.

"Are you serious right now?! I can't believe you. God you're a great actor. Had me believing everything you were telling me. Letting me hear all the things I wanted to hear. You know what, stop the car." I began to take my seatbelt off. "You're unbelievable! Clown. Let me out! Now!" I yelled at him.

"Sit the fuck back. You don't give orders in my shit. Put yo fucking seatbelt on." He reaches over to put my seatbelt back on.

While all this was going on he was still trying to maintain control of the car. We're both fighting to take control of my seatbelt and neither of us were focused on the road. Our light was green, but another driver continued on from the side of us. Dave's side.

At 10:26pm our car was hit by another. It's like time stopped. Everything around me moved in slow motion. My head was pounding and my body was aching. I felt something trickle down my face. Reaching my hand up to see what it is, I see that it's blood. Blood is running down my face. I start to panic. I've never been in a car accident. I was scared. I looked over at Dave and saw he was very still. "Dave. David." I immediately felt for a pulse and it was very faint. "Oh my God! David please answer me." I shook his arm despite the pain I was feeling. I couldn't move my body to face him. I began to hyperventilate, but started to pray. "God please don't let anything happen to him. He has a daughter that needs him. His family needs him. I need him. God please don't take him away from me." My vision became blurry because of the tears that were forming. "Dave I'm sorry. Baby I'm so sorry. Please wake up." I felt like I couldn't breath. Like the car was closing in on me. I thought he was going to die in here. Beside me.

"Somebody help me!" I screamed. "Baby please answer me. David don't leave me. Kairi needs you." I kept shaking his arm. Tears are streaming down my face and I'm balling. "I love you so much. I can't lose you." I rub the side of his face. In the distance I can hear the sirens moving closer. "They're coming baby. You're going to be okay. I know you are." I said more so to convince myself since he couldn't hear me.

The paramedics finally reached us. "Ma'am we're going to get you out. Try to stay calm for me. It's okay." One of the paramedics spoke calmly to me. It was soothing. Of course I was still panicked, but he's baring with me. They soon got us out and transported us to the hospital.

When we got there, Dave and I went in separate directions. "Wait where is he going?" I asked.

"Ma'am call down." The nurse told me as they wheeled me off somewhere.

"Please do not tell me to calm down because that's going to piss me off. All I'm asking is where is he going. Please just tell me." I told her as calmly as I could.

"He's going to surgery." I was hoping she wouldn't say that.

Fuck. This is all my fault.
——————
What did y'all think? Decent?

I'm aiming to have the second part published sometime in the early morning hours tomorrow. Around 3 am. Not trying to have y'all wait too long. Don't hold me to it though.

Thanks for reading 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 247 17
on the road to success, it can be easy to gain tunnel vision, but what about the little things in life? real love wasn't something easy to come by fo...
180K 6.2K 31
What happens when Tiffany finds Dave? Read to find out ! Part 2 coming soon
122K 3K 69
Dave east falls in love with a Amaria! They get to know each other for a little bit before she friend zones him. Dave is not able to resist Amaria an...
289K 11.8K 20
Zinna never experienced the joy of having a family or even having friends. She traveled around trying to drown out the loneliness she was feeling. Bu...