Leo

By BasicallyanAuthor

A girl named, Marlie, accidentally has an embarrassing moment with a special guy, Leonardo DiCaprio on a bus... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15- Wedding day pt.1
Chapter 16- Wedding day pt.2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19-Hawaii pt.1
Chapter 20-Hawaii pt.2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 30

2.4K 53 93
By BasicallyanAuthor

I looked down, feeling my hands start to shake. That dream repeatedly going through my mind.
I was currently sitting in the hospital in my pajamas from this morning, staring blankly at the space in front of me. I didn't call anyone or even tell anyone I was on my way here with Leo besides Evelyn and Kai who just happened to be evesdropping. Currently he was getting checked up after he passed out and I had to call an ambulance with Evelyn and Kai's help. They were currently handling paperwork.

My heart was still pounding loudly against my chest in panic. It was really scary. Seeing him get put on the ambulance and have an air mask on him.

"Ms.Campbell?" Suddenly a doctor appeared in front of me. I looked up at her, feeling a bit out of it.

"Leo seems to be doing fine for right now. But, can I talk to you about something serious?" She asked me. I suddenly woke up more.

"What's serious?" I asked her, feeling confused. She sighed.

"Leo's lungs aren't in the best shape. We strongly encourage for him to cut down on smoking before it becomes a bigger issue in the future. He's still young." She said.

I gulped," Yeah. Yeah I'll make sure he cuts down." I nodded slowly.

The doctor nodded," Do you want to see him now?" She offered. I nodded slowly.
-
I walked slowly into Leo's room and he seemed to be asleep on his bed, his eyes shut and his chest rising and falling slowly. I sighed in relief unconsciously before sitting down on the chair next to him. The doctor left and I looked over at Leo.

How could the chest pain make him pass out? Was it really that painful? Didn't he go to the doctor for that? Maybe I should've taken him. He probably didn't even bother going...

I felt my eyes well with tears looking down at him. It still hurt to see him like this even after he broke my heart. Why? This was so frustrating.

Suddenly his eyes started slowly opening, making him blink a couple of times to adjust.

"Leo?" I looked over. He looked up at me slightly, before a faint smile on his lips appeared.

"Marlie, hi." He said in a whisper. He sat up a bit awkwardly, not sure how to respond with what happened before he fainted, "What happened?"

"You fainted after your chest pains." I said calmly, keeping my hands under my legs so I didn't reach out and grab his hand. I wanted to so badly. But, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I still felt betrayed about my dad.

"Oh..." he rubbed his head.

"Leo," I scooted closer," You need to cut back on smoking. Apparently it added onto your chest pains."

He nodded," Yeah. I will." He said simply.

I eyed him carefully. Will he really though? Or is he just lying?

"I'm not lying. I'll cut down." He eyed me carefully. My eyes widened.

"How did you know?" I asked, shocked.

"It's okay that you don't trust me now. I get that you feel sad and betrayed. I would also. But, I stopped lying to you a long time ago. You have to know that." He said. His voice sounded tired and a bit desperate.

I sighed softly to myself. I didn't really have anything to say back.

"Just don't give up on us okay? I know we belong together. I just know it." Leo said softly.

I glanced over at him, biting my lip. I loved Leo. I really did. But I didn't trust him. Not anymore.

Suddenly the doctor came into the room, making us both look towards her.

The doctor explained everything that I had said before to Leo, before telling him that he was able to leave that night since he had just fainted and nothing was seriously wrong at the moment. Even though she said nothing was wrong, why did it feel like it was the complete opposite?
-
{Jacky's P.O.V}
I slowly opened my eyes, feeling the familiar smell of cigarettes fill my nose. I immediately started coughing, looking around. I'm still here? Hasn't anyone noticed I've been missing?
My eyes landed on the collection of hats in the corner, each one having a different animal.

How long has it been? A week? I leaned my head to the side, looking down at my tied arms and legs to the chair. If I knew that Johnnys dad was so cruel, I never would've came to his house. I felt tears start welling up in my eyes, feeling a ball in my throat. Did my friends forget about me? Maybe they just don't care. But, Kai...my own twin brother hasn't even noticed.

I felt my tears roll down my cheeks slowly before freezing at the sound of footsteps coming towards the room. Oh please not now.

The door to the room opened and Johnnys dad stood there, not paying attention to me as he sighed and took off his cap, putting it in the collection he already had. I felt myself start to shake. What did he want with me?

He glanced over at me and I whimpered, feeling scared.

"I almost forgot you were here, Doll." He said, laughing to himself. I eyed him carefully.

"Don't worry. It won't be too long until your friends come to get you. You're the bait in my little plan, you see." He smirked to himself, leaning on the shelf. I furrowed my eyebrows angrily.

How can Johnnys dad be like this? Does Johnny know?

I stared at him, not being able to talk because of the duct tape on my mouth.

"Just wait and see. I'll have Marlie and Leo killed by tomorrow. You just wait." He smirked an evil smirk before walking out.
Oh no.

{Johnny's P.O.V}
I sighed loudly, looking at my phone. Why wasn't Jacky answering? She said we were going to the movies today so she should be here. It's not like her to cancel plans and not say anything. I looked around, waiting a little longer. I guess she's not coming. I walked home, feeling a bit let down when I walked into my house, looking down at my phone. Maybe I should call her.

I clicked on her contact and I put my phone to my ear suspiciously. Suddenly a ringing noise sounded the silence. What the heck? I looked around, searching in the kitchen, and heading towards the living room. I reached into the side of the couch and I felt something hard. I grabbed it and pulled it out, examining it. This is Jackys phone. I can tell by her little charm. I examined it curiously. What was her phone doing here?

"Johnny, are you home?" I heard my dad call. I quickly stuffed the phone in my pocket, and I looked up once he entered.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked, smiling.

"Can you make dinner now?" My dad said coldly. I nodded.

"Will do." I mumbled, hurrying off to the kitchen.

Something isn't right...

{Leo's P.O.V} (30 mins ago)

Marlie and I were sitting at a restaurant. I had been discharged only 30 minutes ago and Marlie hadn't eaten all day.
When the food arrived, she didn't move to start eating. Instead she just stared at it, thinking hard.

"You should eat." I said, grabbing her fork and passing it to her.

She breathed out a shaky breath, before grabbing onto the fork and looking down at her food. I awkwardly bit my lip to try and stop myself from saying anything else.

"Can I ask you something? You have to answer honestly." She asked suddenly.

I looked up at her and nodded.

"When..." she paused," Did you start to like me?"

I thought for a second," I honestly don't know. It wasn't like a day thing. It happened overtime."

"But when?" She said.

I gulped. She was scary when she was mad.

"Um...I guess a little after we almost kissed in that pool. I remember wanting to see you after. So I went to your house. I missed you weirdly."

"And when did you stop working for my dad?" She asked with wide eyes.

I tilted my head thinking," I stopped a year ago." I answered honestly with my head down.

She sighed.

"When I broke up with you after that camping trip, it was because of work. Work as in...your dads work." I admitted.

She stood up, making the chair behind her scoot back. I looked up at her and she looked away, clearly crying.

"I need some air." She mumbled, before quickly walking out.

I sighed in my seat. Will she ever forgive me?

{Marlie's P.O.V}
I rushed outside of the restaurant and I breathed hard. How did I not know that David was my father this whole time? I feel so pathetic. Even Leo knew and didn't tell me. He worked for a My father for years and he knew.

I shut my eyes, tears rolling down my cheeks before sniffling. Ugh, I shouldn't be crying right now. Its so lame. Why was I so lame? I had imagined reuniting with my dad for years and I find out that I had been seeing him this whole time? I felt like I had an experience stolen away from me. It made me genuinely feel sick. I breathed hard, letting the cool air hit my face. This is no time to be crying. I should be asking questions.

I wiped my cheeks and sighed, before starting to walk inside. Suddenly a hand grabbed onto my arm. They covered my mouth from behind and I tried to push them off. I tried my hardest fighting them off, but it was no use. They were stronger. They yanked me into a car and made me get in the back seat.

They closed the car door behind me and locked the door quickly. I looked around confusingly. What the heck just happened? I watched as the person got into the front seat and I froze. The man wearing the cap from last time.

This isn't right.

{Leo's P.O.V}
I looked around, tapping my foot. Did I really make her that upset that she's been outside for half an hour? I feel bad if I went and checked up on her while she was crying. There was a reason why she left.

I sighed to myself, before reaching into my pocket and pulling out my phone. I dialed her number before pausing at the call button. Maybe I shouldn't call her. Maybe it's best to leave her alone...

Suddenly an incoming number appeared on my phone. I answered quickly," Hello?"

"Leo, I think we have a problem." I heard Johnnys voice on the other line. I raised my eyebrows, scooting up in my chair.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's about Jacky. I think my dad might've kidnapped her." Johnny whispered," And I think it's to get you and Marlie to come so he can get his revenge."

I blinked confusingly at that, before quickly getting up and running towards the exit. I walked outside and I looked around to see no Marlie.

"I think he got Marlie." I said into the phone, out of breath.

"What?" Johnny said, clearly alarmed.

"But I just saw him a while ago..." Johnny mumbled,"This is crazy." He said in disbelief.

"I'll meet you at your house right now." I quickly said, hanging up the phone. Don't worry Marlie. I'm coming.

{Marlie's P.O.V}
I woke up slowly, feeling the smell of smoke burn on my nose. I flinched awake, before looking around. My eyes scanned towards a shelf that had a collection of hats, before looking slowly towards the left, my eyes landing on Jacky.

"Marlie!" She whispered, trying to get me out of a haze.

I blinked slowly," Jacky?"

She tried hard to pull her arms out from behind her. She was crying.

"Marlie," she sobbed," Why are you here? You can't be here!" She sobbed harder.

"Jacky? What's wrong? Where are we?" I asked. I looked at my hands and realized they were handcuffed to a pipe. I looked down at my feet and saw they were duct taped together.

"Marlie, you have to get out of here. He wants to kill Leo!" She said, she started trying to kick her chair back. My heart dropped.

"Who does?" I stuttered.

"Johnnys dad." She said, clearly frustrated.

Why would Johnnys dad want to...
Kill Leo?

I quickly started tugging on my handcuffs, trying to slide out, but it was no use. They were so tight that I'm sure I'm gonna have bruises.

I looked around, before kneeling up, and looking towards a desk. I can't reach up there without a hand ugh.

Suddenly the door to the room opened and Jacky and I froze.

"Jacky? Marlie?" We heard a familiar voice. I sighed out in relief.

Johnnys head was at the door, him peeping in.

"Close the door!" Jacky urged.

He closed the door behind him, before walking over towards Jacky and starting to untie her.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you guys." He said, clearly feeling bad," I didn't know he'd do this. I swear."

He moved towards me and he kneeled down in front of me. I looked at him sadly.

"Why does your dad want to kill Leo?" I asked, as Johnny slowly reached over me and grabbed the keys to the handcuffs.

He sighed," It's a long story."

He unlocked me and I winced at the pain in my wrists.

I rubbed them softly, looking at the bruises over them.

Johnny cut off my duct tape and he stood up.

"Now hurry. He'll be back soon." Johnny said, walking towards the door.

I felt my breath shake as I stood up, following him and Jacky. Johnny slowly opened the door, looking out before motioning for us to follow him.

We did and I looked around at the hallway. I'm guessing the room we were just in was an office. There was no room for a bed or anything. So what does Johnnys dad even do for a living? Is it related to my dad and Leo?

I was the last one behind the both of them, and for some reason it felt creepy.

"Just past this corner and it's the exit." Johnny said, smiling towards us.

I nodded. I'll call Leo once I'm out and tell him I'm okay. He didn't have to come.

Suddenly I felt someone grab onto my arm. "Gotcha." Someone said.

I gasped, looking to the side at Johnny's dad.

"Get off me!" I tried pushing him off desperately, but his hand wouldn't leave.

Johnny looked behind towards us and a mad expression appeared on his face I've never seen before.

"Leave my friends alone!" Johnny punched him away from me. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Oh, so you've grown up now have we?" Johnnys dad said, wiping his mouth.

Johnnys dad threw a punch at Johnny, but he blocked it. Jacky tugged onto my arm, moving me away.

"I can't just sit and watch." I said, trying to pull my arm away from her.

"Don't. You'll make it worse." Jacky urged, pulling me towards the exit.

Suddenly we stopped walking when I spotted Leo and David at the end of the hallway.

"Leo!" Jacky exclaimed, letting go of me and running over towards him.

"You need to leave. Now!" Jacky urged him, trying to pull him out. I stared at him and he was looking over at me, not moving. My eyes slowly went towards David. Why was he here?

"Tell him Marlie!" Jacky said, looking at me.

"Yeah, Marlie. Tell him." Johnnys dad grabbed onto my arm again, tugging me towards him and I screamed. Johnny was on the floor, passed out.

"Marlie!" Leo said, taking Jacky off his arm and running towards me.

Suddenly Johnnys dad pulled a knife out of his pocket and held it out, as if to get them away. Leo stopped abruptly, and I shook my head at him.

"Don't." I whispered.

Leo looked at me with desperation in his eyes.

"Let's just talk this out." David stepped in between Leo and Johnnys dad holding his hand out.

I looked at him, scanning his face. It still doesn't make any sense. David is my dad. That's my dad.

"Talk about what? How I finally get to have my revenge?" Johnnys dad laughed, before moving the knife towards my throat. I held my breath.

"Don't." David urged.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"What I did years ago was bad." David admitted," I didn't mean to ruin your business."

"Don't pretend with me." Johnnys dad waved his knife. I watched carefully.

"Just..." David sighed, reaching towards me,"Just let Marlie go. Please."

Leo hadn't stopped looking at me this whole time, anxious about the knife so close to me.

"I think we should have a little bit of fun." Johnnys dad smirked. Leo gritted his teeth, trying to move towards me but David blocked him.

"I don't think so." Johnny said, now awake, as he kicked the knife out of his dads hand. I raised my eyebrows in shock, as it went across the room. Johnnys dad and David both reached for it, and Leo reached over and grabbed onto me, pulling me towards him quickly.

Johnny walked towards the exit, putting his phone to his ear. Probably calling the police if Jacky hadn't already.

I sighed in relief in Leos arms. Finally that warm feeling again.

"Are you okay?" He grabbed my face and examined it. I nodded quickly.

"Let's go." He urged, grabbing onto my hand and pulling me along with him. I didn't move.

"What? We need to hurry." Leo said, pulling onto me again.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around slowly, looking at Johnnys dad quickly charging towards Leo. David was currently struggling on the ground. Suddenly what Jacky said earlier popped into my mind.

"Marlie, you have to get out of here. He wants to kill Leo!"

My eyes widened as I looked over at Leo. He didn't flinch, instead he held onto me, ready to fight back.

Johnnys dad pushed him hard, making Leo land on his back on the ground while letting go of my hand, looking up at him with a surprised expression.

Johnnys dad grabbed a nearby chair, pulling it next to him.

"I will finally get the revenge I've been looking for. First killing you." Johnnys dad said, eyes wide towards Leo. Leo looked at him, a bit of fear in his eyes. I looked between them, seeing Johnnys dad move the wooden chair to throw it at Leo. I quickly got in front of Leo, protecting him with my body. Everything happened so quickly. The way Johnnys dad hit my back hard with the chair, making the chair break slightly.

I gasped, feeling the pain sharp along my back. I leaned onto Leo for support and he looked down at me with wide eyes, surprised I was in front of him.

"Marlie..." He said, his eyes wide. I fell on him, feeling my body go limp and my eyes shut.

"No. No. Marlie..." Leo hugged me.

"Damn girl got in the way. Might as well finish the job." Johnnys dad mumbled angrily throwing the chair to the side. I opened my eyes slightly, watching as Johnnys dad reached towards me.

I wanted to move so badly, but my back hurt so much I could barely move. Leo stood up, pushing him away from me.

"Get away from her!" He yelled angrily, clearly pissed off.

Johnnys dad smirked, before grabbing onto Leo and pushing him again, this time with more force. Leo fell on the ground, this time hitting his head hard on the floor and landing so his face was next to mine. I felt tears go down my face slowly, watching Leo groan in pain, a huge cut on his head. Leo looked over at me and he smiled slightly. How could he be smiling right now?

Leo tried sitting up, but he groaned and breathed hard, laying back down next to me.

Johnnys dad began walking towards the knife and I couldn't stop crying. Was this how Leo and I were going to die? Right in front of each other? I can't move my back and Leo is too dizzy. Is this really how we die?

My tears started coming out uncontrollably and I sniffled.

"I love you." Leo whispered assuringly.

I cried harder, shaking my head. This can't be the end. I won't let it. I just needed to move. I needed to protect him.
I couldn't bare to tell him I loved him back. This no longer felt like a love confession. This felt like a goodbye. And I hated it.

Leo moved a strand of hair behind my ear before wiping off my tear with his thumb, trying to calm me down.

I slowly felt my tears stop and I passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.1K 35
'Leo, you're nothing but a heartbreaker, and you'll never change.' Her heart felt dead as she spoke the words that flowed so quickly out of her mouth...
3.2K 68 22
A group of troubled boys who go round NYC stirring up trouble cross paths will the schools goody too shoes. But one of these small minded boys fall f...
4.7K 282 20
Jeanette is a normal girl in school who nobody notices. She falls for the biggest jerk in school, only because she could see his good side. She is co...
14.1K 474 15
Meeting leo is not good for her..,not that he hate the guy or anything it's just that everytime she see him it makes her heart aches.His face reminds...