The Bridesmaid

By softaura

His finger traces my skin, his coffee brown eyes staring deep into mine as I feel chills run down my spine. "... More

t e a s e r
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
IMPORTANT
The Bride
1 million. thank u.
the true story!!

Chapter Twenty Three

53.4K 3.4K 2.6K
By softaura

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Areum, what's going on?" Jae asked, taking off his black coat as he set it on the couch.

"I know I said to forget about everything but I can't and I'm sorry." I started off and I instantly hear him sigh, throwing his head back as he pressed his eyes shut in frustration.

The action caused the skin of his neck to be exposed and I notice something.

"Jaesun." I let out, my tone low as I tried staying calm. The moment he hears me call him by his full name, he lowered his head slowly as his eyes met mine.

I take in a deep breath and exhaled before speaking, "what's that on your neck?" I asked and his eyes widened for a solid second, almost as though I had caught him but he regains his composure.

"This?" He rubs against the purplish red spot on his neck, acting like it was an itch. "I think I'm allergic to something, but forget that. What did you want to talk about?" He asked, desperately trying to change the topic.

My eyes trailed down to his feet where I notice them tapping against the ground, acting out his anxiousness.

"You met Maya, didn't you?" I asked as I feel my throat tighten. I tried my best not to let my emotions get to me, but failed miserably as my eyes stung, tears brimming my eyelids.

"Areum, I—"

"I don't want to hear it." I stuck my hand out in front of him as I stopped him. My chest began heaving as I took in deep breaths, trying to suppress my feelings.

"Areum," He called out softly but I don't let my guard down this time.

"I can't do this." I let out weakly, shaking my head as I stared at the ground. I didn't dare meet his gaze because I knew if I did, I'd break.

"I can't keep breaking myself to try and make you happy Jaesun." I buried my face in the palm of my hands as I hid my cheeks that were now tear stained.

"I'm broken on the ground, yet I'm still trying to fix you." I finally look up at him. "And I can't do it anymore." I choke up on my words as the tears overflowed my eyes, running down my cheeks.

"Areum, I swear. She meant nothing." He reaches out to grab me but I push against him.

"Don't!" I yelled through gritted teeth, moving away from his body but he still approached. "We're done, Jaesun." I tried opening the door, wanting him to leave.

"Areum, please just listen." Jaesun grabbed either sides of me, trying to get me listen to him but I try to fight his grip.

We end up in a struggle as he tried to keep my in his arms but I didn't want to feel the littlest touch of his. "Jaesun, let go!" I scream out, close to hysterical as his grip on me tightens.

"Areum?" I hear the voice resound down the steps, and both Jaesun and I freeze.

"What's going on?" My dad asked, his eyes barely opened as he woke up from his slumber.

I stay silent, not knowing what to say. He stared at me for a bit and finally narrows his eyes at me, noticing my distressed state and his brows instantly knit together.

"What the hell is going on here?" He growled as walked down the steps towards us.

Jaesun finally digests the current situation and his arms fall limp to his side as he faced my father.

"I-" And he pauses, probably not aware of what to say in a situation like this.

"Get the hell out of my house." My father talked down to Jaesun, not even questioning the situation.

Jae stares at my father in response. He finally snaps back into reality and he took in a deep breath right before nodding his head profusely, breaking eye contact with him as he looked to the ground.

I've never seen this side of Jaesun, the vulnerable and fearful side. But I understood why. My father had always treated Jaesun like his own, so seeing this side of him naturally would cause him to grow fearful.

The moment the door shuts and Jaesun is no longer in the room, my father turns to me with eyes that were prominently tainted with worry.

"Dear, are you okay?" He asked and I simply go in to hug him, seeking comfort in his arms.

This time I wanted to cry, I wanted to pour out my emotions but the feeling of relief overpowered every other emotion. I was finally set free from a toxic relationship.

And I was finally be able to be with the man I truly wanted.

I pulled away from my father, telling him that I had somewhere to be and I'd explain everything when I got back home.

『⋅∘➶∘⋅』

I knocked against his door, my emotions clouding every thought in my mind but I didn't care at that point. I could finally do what I wanted to do without guilt pinning me down.

"Areum—" And before he could say another word, I swing my hands around his neck, pressing my lips onto his with urgency.

I feel him grab my waist as he kissed me back and I pulled away, "I broke up with Jae," I whisper as I tiptoed to kiss him again but he pulls away.

"Wait, really?" His eyes light up, his hands travelling up as he cupped my cheeks.

I simply nodded and tried to reconnect our lips but he moves away again and this time I frown.

"Are you okay though?" He asked and I groan a little.

"I don't want to get into that right now." I said, staring at him.

The only thought in my mind now was him, his lips and how they feel moulding together with mine. How his delicate skin felt against my skin.

I didn't want to think, I didn't want to get caught up in my emotions. God knows I've had too many in the past few days. I just wanted to forget everything for a bit, and simply savour every part of him.

My eyes trailed down where I stared at his lips. I noticed that his tongue ran against it as he licked his bottom lip right before gently nibbling against it. This time, he leans in and presses his lips onto mine, but for a brief moment and he soon pulls away.

The moment his lips leave mine, I feel a dull tug onto my heart. I look up at him and he sighed.

"Aera's in the room." He said, breathing out as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"What?" I stared at him and then I remembered that she had came over here a few hours ago. "What is she doing in your room?"

"She drank too much. She passed out around," He paused as he looked to his watch, "10 minutes ago." He nods to himself right before fixing his eyes onto me.

I couldn't help but let my doubts get in the way when I sprung out a question. "Did anything happen?" I asked and noticed his rounded eyes as his brows rose.

He took in a deep breath, "she tried but I stopped her." Taehyung assured me.

"She tried to kiss you?" I asked with a scoff and he shook his head lightly causing my brows to furrow in response.

"She tried to get me in bed with her." He lets out as he shrinks back slightly. I feel myself go hot with anger even though I knew this was something out of my control.

I had to show my sister her place, somehow.

. . .

-unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

911K 53.4K 34
[was FEATURED on the official ROMANCE profile reading list!] 'His touch tainted the purest side of her.' ...
219K 8.7K 45
A story where a girl starts crushing on her classmate Kim Taehyung. Will she ever end up with him? When all he ever see her is as his bestfriend. Wil...
1.3M 62.2K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
13.3K 895 46
Eating together at the kitchen counter and sleeping together under the same comforter were the only moments that we spend together throughout the day...