Eerika||Avengers

By infintywarmakesmesad

Book one of five. *Takes place in Thor, Avengers, and contains Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D references!If you haven'... More

Chapter 1 (prelude+character intro)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Book Two

Chapter 30

437 12 7
By infintywarmakesmesad

Tony

I couldn't contain my laughter as Eerika finished her story. I'm a grown man laughing my ass off with a space girl at one o'clock in the morning with dairy free ice cream on my face.
"Okay, so your twin turned you into what?" I stifled out. Laughing this hard is a workout, but it's a good workout. Being Iron Man requires much more strength than you'd think.
"A frog! He turned me into a fucking frog!" She laughed out.
"When did you get such a mouth, sailor?" I said trying to catch my breath. A tear of joy ran down my face. I used my thumb to wipe it away.
"The past month. Phil gave me a list of curses."
"Who?" I asked.
"Agent Son of Coul!"

I just shook off the question.

"So Tony, What is the worst thing that ever happened to you? And be honest." Eerika asked.
"I thought I already answered this question." I stated, but I thought back. I guess I didn't tell her.
"I guess the worst thing that happened to me is also the best. I was kidnapped awhile back. During a presentation I was attacked and had shrapnel, a type of bullet, trying to make its way to my heart. A doctor was able to safe me by putting this-"
I tapped on my arc reactor.
"Where the bullets are. It's a strong add magnet, and it's keeping me alive. Anyways, you know how I used to build weapons? Well they wanted me to make them some in return for my freedom. Instead of making them what they wanted, I made a metal suit that is bulletproof and can shoot out fire and bullets. When I got home all I could think about is how other people are being affected by terrorists, and how defenseless they are. So I decided to make a new suit. And another. And another, now we are here."
Eerika's eyes are fixated on my arc reactor.
"It's rude to stare, Mulan."
Eerika seemed to snap out of her gaze, or trance, or whatever the hell she was doing.
"Sorry, man of iron, I was wondering what that light was on your chest, but I didn't want to be rude and ask."

I didn't have to ask what the wort moment of Eerika's life is. I already know it's the death of her brother, although she's not admitting her feelings, she just isn't HAPPY happy.
"Who do you hate most?" I ask her. I doubt I'd know whoever it is, but it's still an interesting question. I'll probably forget the answer, but hey! Bonding time.
"My adoptive father." Eerika answers almost immediately.

Ouch, that must hurt him.
"I was raised as a princess. Who can complain? I had everything a person could want growing up. Beautiful dresses, succulent food, the beat weapons money could buy. I was basically spoiled. Except I never had a father figure. Sure I called him father, but he never cared about me like he did with my older brother. Loki and I, we were just...left in the dust."
"Me too." I answered almost immediately.

I couldn't hold back the urge to tell her about my father.
"Pops was more fascinated with Agent Carter and Captain America than me. He'd take me to a ball game once a year, maybe buy me a train set—but yeah, I didn't get the attention I needed growing up. If you're wondering, I the person I hate the most is Captain America. He never did anything wrong to me, it's just that—he's the son my father wanted to have but didn't get."

I kept my head down as I spoke. The only thing that caused me to look back up is Eerika's hand on my shoulder.
"If it means anything, Tony, I can tell for a fact that you're father would be proud of the man you are today. Hell, I met you a month ago, and I'm already extremely proud of you. You are a hero for Odin's sake!" Eerika exclaimed.

I'm not crying. No. My eyes are just getting foggy.
I don't think anyone has ever told me that they were proud of me.
"Thank you Eerika."
I pull her in for a hug, she returns the favour.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Gilmore girls, but I need to have a one on one conversation with Miss. Eerika over here." A deep voice said from behind me. I immediately knew who it is.
"I need to put a bell on you, Director." I said as I pulled away form the hug. I turn around to see Nick Fury in the same outfit he always wears.
"Hah hah." Fury says unamused.
"I'll be right back, Tony."

~~~~~~~~~

I do nothing but sit on my couch, playing the drums on my legs and wait for a half hour. Fury must be in love with her or something if he's coming to see her at 3 in the morning.
"Thank you, Sir Fury. I until we meet again." Eerika's voice says in the background.

About fucking time.

"Yeah yeah."

Before I knew it, Fury was gone, as if he was never even here.
"What did he want?" I asked Eerika tiredly. If I close my eyes, I'd probably fall asleep...but then I'd forget to ask Eerika what happened and I want to know because I'm curious.
"He gave me this thing called a pager. If you all ever need me, he would give it a push and I would come down to help."
I nod, to let her know that I was listening to her. But soon enough I fell asleep.

~~~~~~

"Well isn't this adorable?" A soft voice caused me to wake up. I didn't want to open my eyes. I still crave sleep. A lot of it.
"Can it, Potts."
I don't have to open my eyes to know that Pepper is talking. I can tell what my girlfriend sounds like—but it would be very embarrassing if I were to open my eyes to Happy. He does have a high voice in the morning.
"Your Instagram will go crazy Tony. You should be happy." The sound of Pepper's nails tapping a screen is all I heard after.
I'm too tired to care about what she posts.
"What the bloody hell is an instagram. You humans have weird names for animals."
Eerika said in a classic morning voice.
"Quiet it up, ladies. I need some sleep." 
I said as I shoved a pillow over my head to protect my eyes from the light.
"Eerika, would you like to grab some breakfast with me? I have several hours until my first meeting." Pepper's sweet voice asked.
"I'd do anything with you, Lady Pepper." Eerika replies. The couch levels up, signaling that Eerika got off her ass.
"Anything?" I say with a smirk.

How I'd love to see that.

"Can it, bonzo." Pepper ordered. Perhaps the two goddesses want some time on their own. I'll respect that, but they'll come crawling back to me.

They always do ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eerika

"So, how was your month-long history lesson?" Pepper questioned as she cut into her banana pancakes. They look a lot better in person than they did on the menu, I'm starting to wish I got those instead of a sheepherder's breakfast.
"Oh Pepper, the history of Midgard is taught on Asgard as an elective. I didn't take it, but I knew the basics. I was pleasantly pleased with what I learned. I also love the way your government works, people vote for people to vote on laws. It sounds a bit complicated on paper, but at least everyone gets a say on something—rather than a king and queen deciding on everything."
Pepper and I continued on with our breakfast, but out of nowhere I got a sick feeling to my stomach.

I know this feeling, and I crave it. But just not on Midgard.
"I know you haven't been out in the real world for too long, but have you found anyone that catches your eye? I remember you saying that you thought Captain America is attractive, he just woke up y'know..." Pepper began to tease, the only thing is I can't laugh along. Something bad is about to happen.
"Pepper we need to go." I quickly state.
I get up and put my coat back on, Pepper is still sitting down with a confused look on her face.
"We can't leave, I didn't even pay yet." She argues.
"Then leave a heavenly tip, I'll pay you back. We need to go."
Pepper scrambles up and places two one hundred dollar bills on the table. I practically sprint to the front dest and whisper-yell at the person standing behind it.
"You need to get these people to safety, something bad is about to—"
The sound of a shot and a window shattering is what cut me off. My attention is put towards a man laying on his side on the ground with a bullet wound in his head.
"Senator Smith!" A woman cried out.
I look around for the shooter, but I don't see anyone. I run towards the glass to look out, just to see if anyone is running away.

There are too many people running to identify the shooter.
Ass I scan the perimeter I see a flash coming from the top of a building.
"Everyone stay down!" I shout, although I think everyone is in too much shock to listen.
"Pepper, stay safe. Call Phil and Tony."
Before I give Pepper the chance to respond I teleport to the top of the building.

I know I really shouldn't use my powers in public, but this has got to be an exception.

My feet land on the concrete. I am right behind he shooter.

Shoulder length brown hair, dressed in all black, oh yeah— and he has an arm of metal.
"Drop it." I command as I change my outfit into my asgardian amour. I always fight better wearing my normal clothes.

The man turns around, but I can't see his face. He seems to have windows—or glasses—strapped around his eyes and a mask covering his mouth. He aims his gun at me, and I unconceal my sword. I use my metal arm guards to deflect the bullets.

Remember when I said I was bulletproof? Well I sort of lied. Key word: sort of. Bullets won't kill me, they will break the skin and cause a trickle of blood, but I could never die off a bullet wound. They do hurt, though. The only thing that can kill me, is a hard hit to the head or an infinity stone.
The killer keeps on aiming his gun at me in different places, but I keep on deflecting them until he runs out.

"I'm not letting you leave. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way." I offer.
He is not getting out of this.

"I like it hard." He mumbles as he pulls out a knife and twirls it in his hand.

Hard it is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.1K 56
Thor x fem!reader She kept her powers hidden for most of her life, being born with a genetic mutation - as her dad, Tony Stark called it - caused her...
6K 229 31
King Loki of Midgard! Son of Laufey, who is the King of Jotunheim! Adopted son of Odin, who is the King of Asgard! Loki surely doesn't get his experi...
18.9K 582 35
Y/N was a 22 year old woman who just moved to New York City, and trying to live a normal life as a nurse in a hospital, despite being born with stran...
333K 12.5K 27
Loki wasn't the only baby taken from Jotunheim, he wasn't the only child of Laufey taken to Asgard and raised next to Thor. Eirlys Odinsdottir. Loki'...