Queen Of Lupus: The Selection

Von Unkownreader2018

Every time a King dies, a new heir follows them. But every King needs a Queen. The same rule goes for Lukas A... Mehr

And So it Begins
Lupus
Characters in alphabetical order
Undercover Interview
Unwelcome Emotions
Brunch with The Royals
Black and White Ball
You're the King?
The orphanage
Private Party
In the City
No secrets
Meeting the Family
São todos obstinados como mulas
Date with the King
Sacrifice
Victory

Stay away from her

35 3 6
Von Unkownreader2018

XXX

The girls were woken up earlier than usual, because today they will be attending a training session led by Cassius. Currently they were at the breakfast table.

"You didn't say goodbye to her?" Elizabeth asked Fernanda with a calm tone.

"No, no I didn't." Regret was present in her voice. She didn't even see her before she left, after her encounter with Enzo she returned to her room and she wasn't their anymore.

"I need to talk to you." Her words confused the other two, who didn't know who specifically she was referring to.

"Yesterday..." Fernanda continued without explanation. "Yesterday during the meeting I shook everybody's hands to prove a theory of mine. But when I shook a particular person's hand, I felt a sort of static, electricity maybe." Elizabeth and Mackenzie exchanged worried looks, the two already knew the meaning of her words.

"Continue." The two spoke simultaneously.

"Then after that I was wondering the hallways and he followed me. We spoke and he told that if ever dared to be near the King, he will start a war. I know it sounds crazy, I know. But I swear it's true." Fernanda looked desperate for help. She was knew to the supernatural world, she had no idea what the pull she felt towards Enzo meant. Or she probably did, but was to scared for it to be true.

"Can you tell us his name?" Elizabeth questioned as she reached for her hand.

"She doesn't need to." Mackenzie stared directly at the table. "There was only one person in that room, that could make such a threat." She raised her eyes to them. "The Prince of Daemones."

The Prince of Daemones was Fernanda's mate. The two women thought to themselves.

"Fernanda, why don't you go get change for the training session?" Elizabeth pointed at her current attire, her silk pajamas.

"Yeah." She answered shortly before standing up and loving the room.

Elizabeth listened closely until her steps were far away enough for her not to hear.

"You know how dangerous it is for him to be her mate?" Elizabeth pointed out worryingly.

"I'd love to tell you that Enzo will never do anything to put her in danger, but I'll be lying." Mackenzie answered truthfully.

"Can you talk to him?"

"Of course I can talk to him, but that doesn't mean he'll listen." Mackenzie answered frustratedly. "And I also don't know where he is."

"He'll be where Fernanda is." Elizabeth pointed out.

The two women looked at each other, worried visible in their eyes as they realized the danger of Fernanda being alone in her room.

"I'll go." Mackenzie answered before disappearing from the room faster than the blink of an eye.

Mackenzie examined the hallway were their bedrooms were located, their was no visible sign of Enzo, however she heard the steps on the staircase, heavy manly steps.

She speeded to the staircase and pushed Enzo against a wall, as she wrapped her hand around his neck.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice was dark and dangerous.

"I see you already know."

"Don't fucking toy with me, Enzo." Mackenzie smashed his body against the wall once again. "Is she your mate?" She questioned with a calmer tone.

It was in moments like this that the petite vampire became extremely dangerous, Enzo knew that. He had seen what she capable of when she let the darkness inside her take over.

"I don't know." Enzo answered hurriedly. "I need to taste her blood to test that."

"I'll get it, but stay away from her." The vampire let go of his neck and disappeared immediately.

The three girls were now standing in a room located in the lower part of the castle. The walls were made of stone, which made the room extremely cold for Fernanda. It was full with training equipment.

"Welcome ladies, to the King's personal training room." Cassius spoke with his usual dramatic tone, that annoyed the hell out of Mackenzie.

"Today you will be having a training session with me, Commander Bellator and the Prince of Daemones." Cassius signaled to the men standing beside him.

"Elizabeth your brother will be your tutor for today.

"Lucky me." Elizabeth faked excitement.

"I love you too, little sis." Markus joked.

"Mackenzie you're with me and Fernanda the Prince is with you." The petite vampire gave the Prince a warning look, which he seemed to have seen.

The group dispersed and the couples headed to opposite corners of the room.

"I'm actually glad to see you again, Ellie." Markus confessed to his sister as they got in a fighting position.

"I'll send dad your greetings." Elizabeth answered with a serious manner as she held her fists near her face.

"Why are you mad at me?" Markus asked as he launched a punch in her direction.

"You left me, Markus, without saying goodbye." Elizabeth easily dodged the punch.

"Come on, Ellie, you're a grown up woman." Elizabeth swiftly raised her leg to meet his head, but his brother predicted her move and grabbed her leg before it could hit him. He twisted her leg, which caused Elizabeth to land headfirst into the floor.

"Just I'm an adult doesn't mean that I don't have feelings and that I don't need my big brother anymore." She stood up again with her arms in the same position as before.

"Maybe after this we can chat."

"Thank you." She launched a fist in his direction, but he managed to dogged it.

"Now, tell me has my little sister found her mate." Markus asked innocently, not knowing the affect his words had on the shewolf.

Elizabeth jabbed his right cheek and then she punched him in the face, with such anger that blood started to come out of it.

"I'm done with this." Elizabeth walked over her brother's body and decided to sat down in a wooden bench near a window.

Mackenzie and Cassius decided to take their fight into the fighting ring. The werewolf was speaking, but the woman was too focused making sure that Enzo didn't try anything on Fernanda. She felt a breeze brush by her face, she immediately turned her face to Cassius, whose fist was moving in her direction. Her hand moved fast to his wrist, his arm twisted upwards.

Mackenzie, still holding his wrist, lowered herself and with the support of his other hand she managed to wrap her legs around his neck in a move that looked like a cartwheel. Her momentum caused them to fall into the floor. Cassius' massive body smashed against the floor, the sound of bone breaking resonated through the room. The air in his lungs disappeared, her legs were blocking the air from coming in.

He couldn't move, because the slightest move will cause his neck to break. With his last energy he managed to signal his surrender by hitting the floor with his hand.

Mackenzie helped him stand up, Cassius tried to straighten himself but he couldn't, it was too painful.

"Tell me where the infirmary is, I'll take you." She wrapped her arm around his neck and wrapped his around hers.

"Training is over, please return to your rooms, you have the rest of the evening to yourselves." Cassius fought for the words to come out.

"I guess I'll see you around." Fernanda told Enzo with a shy smile.

"Remember what I told you. Use all your body when punching and put some ice on those knuckles." Enzo returned her smile, however his was not shy, but a shameless smirk.

"Let's go." Elizabeth spoke to Fernanda, who simply nodded and followed her.

Elizabeth and Fernanda spent the evening wondering around the castle's gardens. While Mackenzie remained in the infirmary with Cassius.

"So there are several packs around the planet?" Fernanda asked Elizabeth.

"Exactly. Each is led by an Alpha."

"Who decided that Lukas had to become King?"

"You see, before The Departure back on Earth there was also a King of Werewolves and a royal family. This family descend from the first werewolves that were created, however they're not called werewolves, since they posses different abilities than us. They're called Lupus, they're more powerful than an average wolf, even than the strongest. Lukas' family has reigned us from the very beginning of our existence. And that'll never change."

"And all of you are okay with that?" Fernanda answered still not understanding how such powerful creatures could allow such a tyranny.

"The majority is, but there had also been several groups who tried to defy that." Elizabeth explained as she sat down on a bench.

"You see there's a tradition among us, whoever dares to defy the rule of the King or the royal family, has the opportunity to win the title in combat. Many have tried, but..."

"No one has won." Fernanda scoffed as she sat down.

"How does it work on Earth?" Elizabeth changed the subject.

"Well, every country has their own separate government. Where I come from we have a democratic government, that technically means that the people chooses who becomes president."

"But isn't chaotic?" Fernanda didn't quite understand her question.

"I say that because everyone has a different opinion."

"The majority wins." Fernanda answered tired of speaking about politics. Elizabeth understood this and decided to leave the topic.

Mackenzie offered to take Cassius back to his room, which he fought hard to prevent. But the vampire appeared to be quite stubborn.

Cassius signaled the way to his room and the vampire followed his directions silently.

"Here." He pointed to a glass door at his left. It was the size of the giants on Mackenzie childhood's bedtime stories. To their right there was a golden rail that travelled along the hallway.

Mackenzie picked inside the hole behind the role. There stood a giant three the size of the ballroom. It's leafs were a vibrant green.

"Careful, little striga, I'm pretty sure your kind can't fly." Cassius spoke provokingly from the doorframe.

"I wished I could say it is the pain speaking, but you're always obnoxious like that." Mackenzie returned to his side and helped him walk inside.

She helped him reach his bed, however she purposely pushed him into the mattress. The werewolf growled in pain. Mackenzie unconsciously smirked at his pain. Her action took her by surprise, that was the monster inside pushing to be freed, the same monster that was determined to strangle Cassius to death.

"I'm truly sorry for hurting you like that, Cassius." Mackenzie's voice a whisper filled with regret.

Cassius was shocked by her reaction, he wasn't expecting to see her softer side. He had always seen her strong and guarded, he had forgotten that the woman in front of him, was that, a woman.

"I heard you got your ass beaten." A voice speaking in the tongue of the wolves resonated through the walls.

Mackenzie fought hard to not inhale his scent, his blood caused her to lose control of her hunger. She was already having a tough day, she didn't need him to worsen it.

"Your Majesty." Mackenzie swiftly stood from the side of the bed and curtsied.

"I see." Lukas laughed shamelessly at Cassius.

"She caught me by surprise." Cassius' untruthful excuse caused Mackenzie to narrow her eyes at him.

"I see I didn't only break your back, but your ego as well." Mackenzie mocked. Her comment earned her a laughter from the King.

Lukas scanned the woman before him, she was simply wearing a sports bra and black leggings. Her petite yet toned arms and core were visible, he had to admire her body. Lukas' eyes traveled up to her dark eyes.

Their eyes met of what felt like a long time, but probably wasn't. Mackenzie assumed the expression on his face was lust, however she couldn't have been more wrong. Lukas couldn't decipher her eyes, since there was no emotion in them, only simple neutrality.

"If you'll excuse, my work here is done." She gave them a polite nod and walked out of the room.

"Mackenzie." The King's voice resonated from behind her. She stopped on her tracks and slowly turned around. Her whole body was tensed from holding her breath for such a long time. 

"I'll like to talk to you outside." Mackenzie wanted to snap at him, but speaking required breathing in for air, which she refused to do, she refused to inhale the intoxicating scent  of his blood. She nodded politely and walked outside with the King closely behind. 

"Walk with me." The King spoke, however the unconcealed annoyance in her eyes made him add a low "Please". She restrained any snarky remark and simply nodded. 

A few minutes past in silence. The King was looking for the right words to say, while Mackenzie still kept refusing to take a breath. 

"I have to apologize." Mackenzie stopped walking and looked at him genuinely taken aback. 

"Don't look so surprised." Lukas pointed out with amusement. 

"In our last meeting, I didn't behave properly..." 

"Are you referring to our official last meeting?" Mackenzie spoke for the first time. Her voice was extremely tense, because she kept fighting the urge to breath. 

Lukas eyes widen with realization. He had completely forgotten about their true last meeting, he had been so intoxicated that he had only remembered Cassius picking him up. Now the memory of Mackenzie finding him hit his brain like a bucket of cold water. He remembered the soft tone of her voice, the true worry in her eyes, his name rolling from her lips and the way his heart seemed to have sunken when she spoke his name. He still couldn't pit point what had caused that effect. 

"Oh, you- you forgot about..." She stuttered. It was mainly  due to smell of his scent hitting her nose like a bullet to the head. She momentarily lost her composure.

She actually stuttered, Lukas was amazed at her reaction. 

"You'll have to forgive me, I couldn't remember much." 

"But now you do?" Mackenzie asked cautiously. 

"I do..."

"Then that is not what you were going to apologize for." Mackenzie cut his words, before the situation could get any more intimate.

"Yes." Lukas was still confused by the intimacy of their previous exchange. "What I mean to say is that I was going to apologize for being so insensitive. I didn't think my words through and I didn't know that they were going to cause you unwanted feelings." 

"You have my forgiveness." Mackenzie's eyes had been fixated on Lukas chest this entire time. 

"Mackenzie." The softness on his voice caused her eyes to immediately look up, to look into his eyes. 

Mackenzie scanned his eyes desperately looking for a place where the intensity in his hypnotic blue eyes didn't feel as overwhelming on her. It was a pointless attempt. Lukas was too focused on her, on her beautiful black eyes that seemed to hide a million secrets. 

Mackenzie's lips moved, but Lukas couldn't hear a single sound coming from them. Now his mind was blinded with the thought of her lips. He then began imagining what kissing her would feel like. And without noticing he began to lean to her.

Mackenzie quickly managed to escape her trance and speeded away from that dammed hallway to her room, where she was glad to find her maid. It was only then that Lukas noticed her absence. 

"Safiya, could you please bring me some blood." She stumbled her way to the bathroom without looking at her maid.

"Right away, Miss." Mackenzie was so exhausted that she didn't correct the maid for not calling her by her name.

"Thank you." Safiya disappeared through the doorframe that led to the hallway while Mackenzie locked herself in the bathroom.

She rested her weight on the sink, her eyes were closed as he tried hard to ignore he urge for blood. A picture of her, Magnus and his sister appeared in her mind. She remembered how happy she was with them, with her family. Her hunger slowly started to decrease. She kept remembering their time together.

"Miss..." Safiya gently knocked on the door.

"Leave it on the floor and leave the room immediately." She asked with her usual calmness.

"Yes, Miss." She heard how she laid the tray on the wooden floor and how her steps moved to the doorframe. It was only when she heard the door close that she opened hers and grabbed the glass.

"You can come in know, Safiya." Mackenzie spoke when she emptied the glass.

"Are you okay, Mi..." Safiya started but a look form Mackenzie interrupted her words. "Mackenzie?"

"I am now, no need to worry." She offered her a smile.

"Tell me where are Elizabeth and Fernanda?" She questioned as she sat on the border of her bed.

"There outside, in the gardens." Safiya answered shortly, Mackenzie nodded signaling that she could leave. The maid exited silently.

Mackenzie let herself fall into the mattress and slowly her eyes started to close.

"Mack." A low feminine voice spoke to her. She woke up immediately alarmed.

"Shh, shh." Fernanda signaled her to stay quite.

Mackenzie demanded for answers with her eyes, however the two girls were begging her with her eyes to stay quiet.

The vampire calmed down and listened closely for any sign of a threat. Her ears captured the sound of knife being pulled. She calmly signaled to the girls to follow her, but not before telling handing Fernanda a small knife.

The three girls hid behind the door after turning the lights off. Their ears could hear how the door handle was being turned, shortly after the door swung open.

Fernanda could only hear the steps, but the other two women could see the room clearly.

The first thing that the man did was look behind the door, Mackenzie didn't wait for his reaction she immediately laughed at him and tackled him to the ground.

"Run." She ordered the others. They immediately walked out the door leaving her with the attacker.

He stabbed her right hip, the steel met her bone and she couldn't help but hiss at the pain. She took out the knife and threw it against a wall, where it sticked.

The man punched her nose, it made a cracking sound and she tasted the blood traveling down to her lips. Mackenzie backed away from him quickly. But the man grabbed her by the ankle sending her back to the ground. She didn't lose her time complaining for the hit, she kicked him hard on the face

The vampire was trying hard not to kill him, but the man kept asking for it. His grip hadn't loosen of her ankle, he pulled her to him and grabbed her by the neck. Mackenzie breathed in heavily before his hold tightened.

Mackenzie mastered all her force to hit him on the ribs with her elbow, the man let go of her. She grabbed his head with her right hand and smashed it against the floor. The guy fell unconscious, she could still hear his heartbeat, but she could also smell the blood coming from his head. She stood up, her hip had already healed.

Outside Elizabeth was struggling to free herself from the man who was strangling her. But Mackenzie knew she didn't need her help.

On the other hand Fernanda was being formed by other one, who held her by the neck against the wall. Mackenzie was about to run in her direction when the human pulled out the knife and stabbed him in the back. She then kicked him in the crotch. The man fell to the ground and the vampire speeded in his direction and grabbed him by the neck, she applied just enough force to leave him unconscious.

"Elizabeth!" Mackenzie shouted.

"Run. I'm right behind you." Elizabeth had already gotten rid of her attacker and was running in their direction.

Mackenzie grabbed Fernanda, who was still in shock, and carried her to the staircase. The three made it to the dark lobby, where the lights were turned on immediately blinding them.

"Great job, ladies." The King spoke as he rested his body against the main door. Cassius stood beside him, the two seemed amused to see the exhaustion in the girls faces. Mackenzie was glaring daggers at the two men. She was furious, because she had actually to fall asleep, which didn't come easy to her, ever. 

"I'll kill you two." To the gentlemen's surprise the words came from Fernanda and not the petite vampire.

"You're telling me that all that was a prank!" Elizabeth complained with new gained energy, fueled by anger.

"No, we will never do such thing to you..." Cassius spoke with a smirk.

"It was a test." Elizabeth completed the sentence glaring daggers at the two men.

"Can we return to our rooms now?" Mackenzie asked tiredly as she kept glaring at Lukas.

"You are free to return to your rooms." The King told them backing away from the wall.

"I'm sleeping with you." Fernanda told Elizabeth as she grabbed her arm.

"You too?" Elizabeth asked the vampire who stopped looking at the King to see her. She simply nodded.

"I'll meet you there." She returned to the staring contest with the King, who was approaching her.

"Can I talk to you about what happened..." Lukas started, but was immediately interrupted.

"You were drunk and I called Cassius." Mackenzie summarized. However, she knew what he was referring to had nothing to do with that.

"I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable." Lukas was a meter away from her. This time she actually met his gaze. Her eyes showed her anger, but slowly as she started into his eyes it was replaced by another feeling. Lukas noticed it, her eyes soften, they looked welcoming. 

"Although seeing you like that, was probably the most amusing I had experienced that day, let's not repeat it again. Shall we?" Mackenzie's tone darkened and became raspy. Lukas' muscle immediately tensed with anticipation. 

"I'll try my hardest." Lukas gave her a playful smile, which she returned before walking away from him.

Goddess, he had really wanted to kiss her earlier. Now, now he was certain that he needed to kiss that woman.

xxx

Team Elizabeth...

Team Fernanda...

Team Mackenzie...

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.7M 75.6K 52
Twenty years later, it's time for an heir to take the throne and time for a new ruler to lead the wolves. It is time for a new beginning. It is time...
476K 13.7K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
5.6K 71 7
Jacob doesn't know how to live without Ness at his side, nor does he want to live without her. What happens when he is forced to live without her whe...
37.6M 427K 12
**SAMPLE ONLY** Previously known as His Queen. Highest ranking : #1 in Werewolf (26/12/2015) Note : Please refer inside for the full summary. ❝Every...