Defying Gravity: Free Fall [A...

By akashi_ryuuki

[3rd place in Seijuro Akashi category of KnB Watty Awards 2014 Fall/Winter] [3rd place in Kuroko no Basuke ca... More

Defying Gravity
TAKE II- Party Destroyer
TAKE III- Challenged.
TAKE IV- His full attention.
TAKE V- Basketball Match
TAKE VI- Soccer Match.
TAKE VII- Shougi.
TAKE VIII- Disastrous Night.
TAKE IX- Day Out.
TAKE X- To Sydney~
TAKE XI- Beach Mansion.
TAKE XII- Getting lost.
TAKE XIII- Punishment.
TAKE XIV- Truth or Dare.
TAKE XV- Her Within.
TAKE XVI- Dearest Kitten
TAKE XVII- Wrong Target
TAKE XVIII- Chocolate Cake
TAKE XIX- Forgotten Exam
TAKE XX- Rakuzan's on fire!
TAKE XXI- Mummy and Daddy~
TAKE XXII- She's the Romeo
TAKE XXIII- The Light Once Again
TAKE XXIV- The Real Threat.
TAKE XXV- Free Fall
TAKE XXVI- Defying Gravity
TAKE XXVII- It Hurts
TAKE XXVIII- The Vow.
TAKE XXIX- It won't be long
TAKE XXX- Deceleration
TAKE XXXI- Reflection
TAKE XXXII- Refraction.
TAKE XXXIII- Angle of Elevation
TAKE XXXIV- Free Fall BANZAI!
Thanks to Gravity, I'm Free Falling
Acknowledgement

TAKE I- Hello Japan~

16.3K 398 244
By akashi_ryuuki

TAKE I

Kyoto....

    I wonder how it would be there. Even though I’m a Japanese, living in Sydney was better. I left Japan for Sydney when I was 2 years old. It has been fourteen years and I don’t miss any of it. My parents were killed in an airplane crash on the way back to Sydney from Ukraine. I have no other siblings, I have only one 24-year old auntie, Shiori, who’s kind enough to have me in. I missed Sydney so much. It was home. Right now, I’m on the way to her house from the airport.

    “Kazuto!”

    I shot upright and looked around. “What?” I asked my auntie, Shiori, who’s driving beside me.

    “I was talking to you! Did you hear me?” she asked.

    “Nope.”

    “Ugh!” she sighed. She has her own bakery runs by herself. Her long strawberry blonde hair that reached her mid-back was tied in a messy bun and her hazel eyes gleamed as the sun shone. 24 years old? Too old to rock? Wrong. She is the best auntie in the world!

    “I was saying if you could agree on me sending you to Rakuzan!” she said.

    “Oh, Rakuzan? Yeah, no problem. I don’t even know about that school anyway.” I shrugged.

    “Search it in the internet when we got home later.”

    “Aye ma’am.”

    So as ordered, I went home and sat in front of my laptop searching for the high school Rakuzan. Scrolling down, I found their official website. Complete with all equipments, swimming pool, most sports available and was awarded among the top three best school in Japan. I went to the sports section. There were various kinds of it and I found what I want.

Soccer.

    I smiled to myself and clicked on the topic.

With only 10 members, no coach, no manager and no regular practices.

    My smile faded. 10 members? No coach? NO PRACTICE!? I patted my chest gently, trying to calm down. Back in Sydney, there were always soccer practice at around 5 to 6pm. There’s even Sydney under18 soccer club!

    I sighed and set an aim in my mind. “Let’s change the fate of the soccer club of Rakuzan!” I yelled to myself and nodded vigorously particularly to no one. Shiori came in.

    “Dinner’s ready, milady.” She grinned and walked off. I turned off my laptop and followed her downstairs.

    She cooked spaghetti and it was delicious. When we were eating, her phone rang. “Hello?” she answered the call.

    A grin spread across her face as she listened to the caller. “Uhuh! Yup.... yes, this is the owner of the Spero Bakery, Shiori.... yes, yes, of course, we’re open for reservation.... Yup! Definitely! Of course! Yes! Thank you, sir! May I know your name.... oh, I see.... oh that company?! Ah got that! Thank you for choosing Spero!”

    I smiled. Let’s just say, Shiori always have reservations from important people. Once, the prime minister personally asked her to provide the food and she was rewarded with a huge amount of money. She always has connections with dominant people across the country!

    “Yes! Another reservation for this week! I need to start baking now!” she exclaimed happily.

    “Glad for you, miss. Good luck!” I said.

    “I’ll need it, thanks!” she grinned then continued eating. After a while, she focused back on me. “By the way, have you searched about Rakuzan?” she asked.

    “Yup and I found soccer there, so it’s a no problem for me if you place me there.” I nodded.

    She chuckled. “Huh, always with your soccer.”

    “Soccer equals to my life.”

*  *  *  *

My first impression towards Rakuzan when I got off the car is “Whoa!”. I knew it’s huge and prestigious but not this magnificent. Students were flooding the school compound as I got through to the office.

    “I am aware that you’re from Sydney, Akihiko-san.” The principal said, smiling.

    I nodded. “I take that as a compliment, sir.”

    “Hm, so I’ll put you in the first class and you’ll have to fill this CCA form by today and hand in to the President of Student Council, he’ll take care of it.” He said as he gave me a sheet of paper. I took it and nodded.

    “Sir, if you don’t mind me asking....” I said and he looked at me, raising both of his eyebrows in a questioning manner. “May I have your permission to train the soccer club?”

    He seemed shocked but then laughed. “Soccer? Ah, I’ve heard about it from your guardian, Shiori. You like it, huh? Okay, I’ll give you the freedom to do anything with the club. Just things that makes sense, okay?”

    I gave him a thumbs-up. “Sensei you’re the best!” I winked then exited the office towards my classroom. The school has six buildings in total and the principal had provided me with a map of the school, like seriously? Anyway, I headed for my new class which 1-A.

    I knocked on the door. “Come in,” was what I heard so I entered the classroom. Everyone went silent. I looked around. The teacher is a small woman, short and cute. “Alright, everyone listen! This is a new student from Sydney. Be nice to her or I’ll shove a shovel in your eyes.” She said.

    I glanced at her. Sadist.... “Uh, I’m Akihiko Kazuto. A girl, yes. Nice to meet all of you.” I bowed and went to an empty seat; in the middle of the class, under the spinning fan. Perfect!

    “Class, I need you to submit the homework I gave you yesterday,” the teacher, Niko Sensei said then she turned her gaze to me. “Akihiko-san, don’t worry, I’ll make sure you’ll catch up with my subject.” She said.

    I nodded. “Thank you.”

*  *  *  *

The hallway was slippery but I managed to run through. I shoved some students out of the way as I was running to the student council room. CCA will start in another 5 minutes and I need to hand in my form as fast as possible. Classes are over so there were so many students. I ran and ran until the next building. The hallway was dark, creepy and narrow. I kept on running, there were no one else and all I could hear was my panting and the sound of my shoes tapping on the floor.

    “Have you not heard the rule ‘do not run in the hallway’ before?” a male voice stopped my movements. I turned my head to the direction and saw a guy with bloody red hair, different colors of eyes.... what you call a hetero-chromatic eyes; left eye is golden while right eye is red. He was leaning against the door frame, looking at me with a calm expression. Above the door is a wooden plate written; ‘Seitokaichou’. Oh! The president.... typical!

    “I am late for the—“

    “Club registration, yes I know. But that is not the reason why you should be running in the hallway.” He stated.

    I snorted. “Puhlease! Why are you trying to act all kaichou?” I waved my hand in front of his face. “Bye bye nerdhead~ I’m late!”

    I turned my heels. Suddenly, strong hand grabbed my wrist and then I was pushed on the shoulders, to the wall. His face was just six inches close. I blinked and gulped nervously.

    “A-ano....” I stuttered. “If you’re going to do what you’re trying to—“

    “I eliminate those who oppose me, Akihiko Kazuto. But since you’re a new student, I suppose I should excuse you. However, there will be no next time. I am absolute, no one defies me. If I say ‘don’t run’, then you do not run.” He warned, his voice sending chills to my spine. I blinked repeatedly before replying.

    “Um.... nice speech..?” I faked a smile.

    He frowned.

    “SORRY I’M LATE!” I yelled, ducked under his arms and ran for my life. I don’t know what his reaction but whatever it is, I’m dead if I ever encounters him again.

    Now where the heck is the student coun—WAIT. A. MINUTE........ I need to see the president of student council to hand in this form.... THAT WAS THE PRESIDENT THAT I JUST ENCOUNTERED!?

HOLY SHIT!

    Groaning inwardly, I turned back my heels and headed to the room. I didn’t bother to knock on the door. Nervous, sweat-dropping, UGH! Everything is just so scary as I twisted the doorknob, the door creaked and I stepped in. I looked around and saw the redhead sitting on an office chair, going through some papers what I guessed is students' CCA forms. I blinked and approached. 

    "I thought you're late?" he asked sarcastically.

    I rolled my eyes and slammed the form on his table, making him stop writing and looked up at me. "Here." I said.

    He smirked. "You dare stand up against me again, Kazuto?"

    I jerked back slightly when he said my name. "I'm not standing against you or anything! I was just giving you the form!" I said, almost shouting. 

    "I was giving you warning not to stand up against me, I did not say anything about you giving me the form in an aggressive manner." he replied calmly.

    I sighed. "Fine. Have a great day, Mister President!" 

    I was about to turn my heels away when he spoke, "I have a name, Kazuto. You're not allowed to call me Mister President." 

    I saw a golden plate with the name 'Akashi Seijuurou' on the corner of his table. "Alright, as you wish, Akashi Seijuurou." I stomped off the room.

-w-

Akashi watched as the persistent girl exited his room. His gaze fell upon the form she gave.

Name: Akihiko Kazuto.

Club: Soccer.

Reason: I, Akihiko Kazuto, will show the world how strong Rakuzan soccer team is! MARK MY WORDS MORTALS! For I will show them, I will guide them to the light of the true soccer!

He chuckled to himself. “This will be interesting.”

-w-

    Seriously what is wrong with that redhead!? ABSOLUTE!? Huh, like hell he does. Now, I’m heading to the soccer field located quite far from the school area. There were 10 students, all guys. I approached them.

    “Guys,” I called out. They turned their heads to me. Two of them were on the ground, rolling happily but stopped when I spoke.

    “New kid? Uh, I don’t think soccer will suit a girl like—“

    “I’m your coach.” I cut them off.

    “WHAT!?”

.TIMESKIP.

    So there are 10 players; Aki, Shou, Kei, Yuu, Shun, Takeru, Yoshio, Yuta, Ren and Tatsuya. They are all soccer lovers but never know how to play.

    “You play soccer?” Aki asked.

    “I’m one of the Sydney under18 soccer club.” I said proudly.

    “Whoa! So you’re our coach now?” Takeru said.

    “I have to. Soccer is my life, or else I’ll have to transfer to another school.” I replied.

    “Teach us, Akihiko-chan!” Yuta exclaimed.

    ‘Chan’? “Right. We’ll start right away, now get your butts up! Stretching! Warm up!” I said. They followed my orders and by the next 10 minutes, I was already teaching them how to play.

 A/N: Whoa, I know this is horrible. Sorry guys, I should be updating 'Red Emperor' now but then.... MY BRAIN IS DRY OF IDEAS! XD I have the ideas but idk how to put 'em in words IF.YOU.KNOW.WHAT.I.MEAN. So then this idea came up and I decided to publish it for fun. 

Story dedicated wholly to @mychibidragon and @SOAkiddo85 (I spelt your username right, right?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 36.9K 62
Watch him put his basketball talents aside as he uses his romance skills to try to score something much more important than any two- or three-pointer...
1K 41 19
[COMPLETE] Akashi has always been forced to live a perfect life. According to his father, the center of his life must be perfection in all things, wh...
613K 32.7K 108
AKASHI SEIJUUROU/SEIJURO FANFICTION. ➪ 11-03-14 | 07-01-15
1.6K 75 1
After the events at the Winter Cup, everyone is ready to make Kuroko's special day the best day ever! Kuroko no Basket and its characters belong to T...