The day I stopped singing in...

By mchattin

Martina is a bubbly Spanish 21 year old girl full of insecurities and a little apprehensive towards love. Eve... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Karma
Chapter 2: Rules
Chapter 3: Leather
Chapter 4: Hakuna your tatas
Chapter 5: Spanish
Chapter 6: Wine
Chapter 7: A thing
Chapter 8: Tie
Chapter 9: Good friends
Chapter 10: Red code
Chapter 11: Carter
Chapter 12: First times
Chapter 13: Golden Balloons
Chapter 14: Thunder
Chapter 15: Cute panda
Chapter 16: Blood
Chapter 17: Stay
Chapter 18: Taboo
Chapter 19: Would you rather
Chapter 20: Dildo
Chapter 21: Ace Junior
Chapter 22: Cold
Chapter 23: Boo
Chapter 24: Talk
Chapter 25: Lullaby
Chapter 26: Alligator
Chapter 27: Friction
Chapter 28: Ugly crier
Chapter 29: Volcano
Chapter 30: Ragazza
Chapter 31: Handshake
Chapter 32: 240296
Chapter 33: Superpowers
Chapter 34: Librarian
Chapter 35: Sexy thing
Chapter 36: Bruise
Chapter 37: Badass
Chapter 38: Cheese
Chapter 39: Pistachio
Chapter 40: Jealous
Chapter 41: Ring
Chapter 42: Tortilla
Chapter 43: Foul
Chapter 44: Reese
Chapter 45: Kill
Chapter 46: Juvy
Chapter 48: Cracked
Chapter 49: Butterfly
Chapter 50: Journal
Epilogue (I)
Epilogue (II)
Epilogue (III)
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS CHAPTER
SPIN-OFF

Chapter 47: Lazy

27.6K 893 130
By mchattin

"I'm not that drrrunk."

The moon followed our car and I couldn't quite focus on a house in particular. Why was this guy going so fast?

"Whoa, she definitely is." Chuckled Ace.

"I've seen her worst, but she is funny like this." Murmured Reese.

I wanted to go to the beach, where the hell were we going?

"Guysssss, I want to go to the beach."

They ignored me and kept on talking. I was glad they were kind of bonding now but I definitely didn't like this 'let's pretend Martina's not here' situation.

"¡Holaaaaa! ¡¡Hola, hola!!"

I didn't know if I was speaking loud enough for them to hear me. Maybe I should scream.

Nah, too lazy for that.

I glanced at the both of them while they talked and let out a big breath, putting a a scowl on my face and kicking Ace's seat's back.

"You guys are boring." I scoffed.

I knew I had a serious boyfriend, but he always talked about that adrenaline of doing fun and crazy things. I overestimated him. He was such a grandpa. The same could be said about Reese, I remembered him more spontaneous, but he is 'mature' now, and it seems that mature people want to go home early.

The cool air was blowing in my face in Reese's convertible car. I opened my mouth and let the air in. It filled completely and I almost choked.

I decided to try again and opened it once more. This time I didn't let the air dry my mouth completely and I began to sing.

"Oh man." I heard someone say in the front.

"I believe I can flyyyyy!" Not only was I singing, but I raised my arms and waved them, the force of the air pushing my hands back. I shut up and began to laugh like crazy.

God, I was so funny.

After a while, my stomach ached from laughing and I moved a little bit forward, placing my hands on Ace's shoulders. They were so hard, and strong. I leaned my face on the headrest and closed my eyes. I wanted to feel his chest too, so I began lowering my hands, but he was quick to grab them.

Such a grandpa again.

The car came to a stop and I heard them say something. I felt my hands fall and I moved away opening my eyes, watching as Ace got out of the car and moved his seat forward to let me get out. I tried to step out but something gripped me hard and I fell back again. I frowned and Ace, who was watching me amused, let out a little laugh. Reese laughed too and I frowned harder. I wanted to laugh too but I didn't know what they found so funny.

"Let me help you, princess." Ace leaned forward and unbuckled my seatbelt before grabbing my hand and helping me step out of the car.

I almost fell and I wrapped my arms around Ace's waist for support.

"Thanks, bro." Ace waved at Reese and I did too, grinning until my face hurt.

"Yeah, thanks bro!" I repeated. Ace tried to hide his laugh biting his lip and covered my mouth with his hand for a second.

He then began to walk towards my house but I gripped his shirt hard and pulled him towards me.

"Ace, I don't wanna get innn." I pouted.

"It's late, babe. Come on." He was obviously stronger than me so he achieved to make me take a few steps forward.

"But I don't want to." I said in a whisper imitating him. "If we go inside we'll have to sleep in different beds and I want to sleep with you."

He rolled his eyes amused taking the last steps to my door. He looked for my keys in my purse and opened my door. He glanced at me raising his eyebrows and gesturing for me to get in. I crossed my arms over my chest, pursed my lips and got into my house. I glared at him as I passed him by and showed him my middle finger.

He opened his eyes widely as if he was offended but he was clearly amused. The door was closed quietly behind him and he followed me upstairs. Eveything was dark and quiet, the tic tac of a clock the only sound in the house. When I arrived to his bedroom's door, I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him.

"Okay, I forgive you, I'm not mad anymore. You can sleep with me." I whispered taking his hand.

"Oh, you were mad?" He asked cocking his head with a frown, again amusement in his expression. What the hell was so funny?

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him against me. "Please, please." I pouted. "Let me sleep with you."

He looked around and licked his lips. "But you leave before everyone wakes up." His gaze bored into mine.

I let out a little giggle and got into his room tiptoeing. I quickly kicked off my shoes and took off my jeans, while he lazily locked the door and took off his shoes. I lay down slowly on the bed and covered myself with the sheets. I turned to my side and closed my eyes.

"Buonanotte e blah blah blah." I mumbled mocking him.

A loud snort escaped his lips. I opened my eyes and I saw how he covered his mouth quickly. I shook my head disapprovingly glaring at him and tsked my tongue. So loud this late.

He took off the rest of his clothes in an incredible speed and I closed my eyes again, waiting for him expectantly. My stomach clenched as I felt him lie down behind me and his arms wrapping my waist.

I felt his hot breath in my ear. "You like to make fun of me?"

Pretending to be asleep, I closed my eyes harder, but I couldn't suppress the little smile tugging up my lips.

"Oh, so you wanna sleep? Okay, I was actually planning something way more fun, but I get it, you're boring." His arms unwrapped me and I felt him move on the bed.

I turned around obviously irritated about the comment and put my hand on his arm trying to make him face me. "Oh, I am the boring one?!" I whisper-shouted. He didn't move, so I sat up and passed one of my legs to his other side, making him lay down completely and encasing his hips with my legs. "You were the one ignoring me in the car when the only thing I wanted to do was go to the beach!" I crossed my arms over my chest.

How dare he, he was the boring one here.

"And sing." He remarked seriously staring at me, his hands now on my thighs.

"Yeah, that too." I said firmly.

He unfolded my arms and grabbed my face with his hands. My heart beats fastened as he lowered my head and brushed his lips against mine. My lips felt his smile and I pulled apart to look at him.

"How can you be boring when you're the most fascinating person I've ever met?" He whispered against my lips, his eyes searching frantically mine as he became serious.

My heart clenched and I felt a knot forming in my throat. Ace closed the distance of our lips again, my mouth responding to every movement he made. I didn't deserve him. I didn't deserve those words. I felt so bad tonight, the only thing I wanted to do was to run away. The feelings of my past coming again to me and he was the only person who could make me forget everything. Who could make me feel like I was more than my appearance, more than what people could think of me, or more importantly what I could think of myself.

I opened my eyes as I felt his lips leaving mine, his thumb rubbing my cheek. A worried look crossed over his face, his hypnotizing amber eyes studying my face. "Why are you crying?"

What?

Was I crying? I didn't notice it until he said it. I realized he had rubbed my face because he was wiping a tear from my cheek. I suddenly felt the burning sensation in the corner of my eyes and my wet cheek against his finger.

"I don't know." My voice coming out a little bit shaky. Our eyes kept locked on each other for a second as we remained silent. "Ace, I'm scared."

As if he read my mind, as if he could understand what was inside my thoughts at that moment, he wrapped one of his arms around my waist and kept his other hand on my face, pulling me down against his bare chest. "Come here." His deep voice soothing me, the vibration of his chest as he talked tickling my skin, making me for some reason, feel safe. I wrapped my arms around him too and I felt his grip tightening.

But then his next confession made me somehow uneasy. "I'm afraid too." He let out a small chuckle and began mumbling. "What am I saying? I'm fucking terrified." He scoffed. Silence surrounded the room until he took a deep breath and began to caress my hair as his other hand traced its way along my back to my thigh. "But you know what?" His voice sounded convinced and hopeful.

"What?" I asked feeling another tear leaving my eyes and falling down on his chest, wetting his skin.

"I'm scared because I don't want to lose you. I'm scared that you'll find another person, that I'll mess it all up, that I'll hurt you. But perhaps, that just means that I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person before, that I have something so good in my life that I'm afraid to lose it. Because you're possibly the best thing that has happened to me." He took another deep breath and I felt my pulse quicken at his words. "So yes, I'm scared. But I want to keep being scared."

I sat up and locked eyes with him. He licked his lips slowly and I found myself staring at them. In a burst of affection, I crushed my lips against his with passion. I drove my hands to his hair, running my hands through it. It was a hungry kiss, I needed him. I needed to reassure myself that he was there with me. That he was real. He kissed me back with the same ferocity as his hands travelled down my back. I knew I was still crying but I didn't care. My lips continued kissing his, and I couldn't control them.

We were both breathing hard when he suddenly cupped my cheeks with his hands and pulled our mouths apart. He bit his bottom lip and stared at me with a tender expression. "Martina babe, I think it's better if you sleep. You're drunk and you're obviously not fine." I opened my mouth to say something but he was quick to cut me off raising his eyebrows as he did the same with his voice. "We're both tired and it's been a night full of emotions for you."

"But I want you." I whispered driving my mouth to his jaw, tracing kisses down his neck.

"And I want you too." He said letting out a sad breath. "But I don't want to do it with you while you're like this." He grabbed my face again and made me look at him. "While you're crying."

"I'm not crying." I said shaking my head eagerly and wiping my tears with the back of my hand. Lucky for me, I barely cried, and when I did, you could only notice it because tears fell from the corner of my eyes, but my face still looked the same.

He rolled his eyes and gave me a little smile. The distance between us was shortened by his lips and I thought he would give in to me, but instead of pressing his lips against mine, he pressed them against my forehead. "Sleep."

Tiredness seized me and my eyelids felt heavy. I rested my head on Ace's chest and frowned slightly. "Don't tell me what to do." I mumbled before yawning.

The sound of a little chuckle surrounded the room and I felt a kiss on the top of my head. "I'd never do that, love."

And with the sound of his voice rumbling in my head, I closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A knock on the door woke me up.

"¡Martina, cariño!" My mom was not exactly a delicate person when it came to waking me up. My head was pounding like crazy and I felt nauseous. I opened an eye and looked at my mom. "Por dios, you look horrible. Ace's already up. Have a shower and come downstairs, we're having a barbacue before you leave."

I closed my eyes again with a nod and heard the door being closed. With a groan, I got out of bed and sat on it. I looked around and saw that I was in my bedroom. I didn't remember coming here. I fell asleep in Ace's bed.

I took fresh clothes and went to the bathroom. The shower took longer than expected, I did things really slow. Before going to the backyard where everyone was, I went to the kitchen and grabbed an aspirin, trying to hide from my mom. I also took big gulps of a water bottle. I felt like I had been running in the desert. My hair was up in a messy bun and I put on my sunglasses to not scare anyone with my appearance.

I got out and scanned the place. My dad was setting the barbacue and my mom was spreading the sun shade. It was really warm. Víctor, Ace and Hugo were actually playing football at the back, where we have two little goalies. I was glad they were getting on well.

I stood there for a moment, trying to stay unnoticed. If I did a movement, I was pretty sure my mom would order me something.

Unlucky me, I had to sneeze.

My mom looked at me and her eyes lit up. "Princesa come here, help me with those chairs."

Are you kidding me? She could have said something like bring the glasses, the napkins... No. She had to make me bring chairs. And my head felt like it didn't belong to my body today.

I sighed heavily and tried to pick two chairs at the same time so I didn't have to go back so many times. Obviously, I couldn't, they were made of wood and they were heavy. I felt a hand on top of mine.

"Let me help you, babe." Ace mumbled in my ear and kissed my cheek.

I let him grab them and watched as he placed them under the sun shade where my mom told him. When he did it, I approached him and looked at his face. He was wearing his blue navy cap that I liked so much and he looked incredibly attractive with his Ray-Ban. He wore a white t-shirt and blue jeans. How could he look so good and not feel hangover when I felt like dying? Even with the make up I put on after the shower, I managed to look like shit. I had dark circles under my eyes and they were a little puffy from crying last night.

I always felt pathetic after it and remembering it made me feel embarrassed.

"Did you carry me to my bed this morning?" I asked cocking my head.

He nodded and gave me a little smile. "I didn't want to wake you up, you looked really cute." He put an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him and gave a kiss to my temple. I rolled my eyes and let out a little laugh. "Just like now."

"Yeah, sure." I said patting his chest as I put an arm around his waist. "I look horrible and I feel worse."

"You can't look horrible because you're beautiful. And you actually look really good today." He said staring at me licking his bottom lip. I was wearing a denim skirt and a navy blue t-shirt. I didn't bother to put on shoes.

"Mi vida, I think the sun is really affecting you." I said shaking my head as I felt my face break into a smile. I couldn't suppress it when he said those things to me. He smiled too and I saw his eyes behind the glasses staring at my lips. He leaned over and gave me a little kiss. I felt my cheeks flush as I heard someone clearing their throat. It was my dad who stared at us with a warning but amused look. I gave him an apologetic tight smile and I glanced at Ace again who was gazing around awkwardly.

My family began to talk eagerly, Ace joining them. They laughed and told stories. I limited myself to look at them, or stare for more than necessary at Ace in awe. I loved that he was so confident when he talked and that my family liked him so much. He was telling a story about how his mom managed to close and open the garage door three times with her car underneath, crashing it everytime. Everybody laughed and my mom told a very similar story. Actually, our moms had a lot of things in common. I didn't speak much, I felt so hangover that all I wanted to do was sleep.

My dad started to pass us plates with meat on it and I couldn't eat much, due to my nauseous feeling, what earned me worried looks from my mom. She let out a few comments until I couldn't handle them more at one point.

"Martina, you only had a few bites of the burger, you need to eat-"

"Mamá tell me that again please," I began sarcastically, "because it seems like I don't retain things until you repeat them at least twenty times." I said angrily getting up from my seat. Our gazes locked for a moment before I turned around and made my way inside the house. I felt everyone's eyes on me but ignored them.

"Martina, where are you going? Come back cielo, I'm sorry."

I looked at her over my shoulder. "I'm just grabbing more water."

I knew I was lying and she knew it too, it was not the first time I ran away when she got annoying with this topic. So I grabbed my keys, some shoes and didn't hesitate, not even for a second, and left slamming the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter there too. Hope you liked it!

Thoughts? Let me know!

Thanks for reading and thanks for 20k reads! I can't believe it 🥳🥳🥳

Thank you so much for all the people voting and commenting! It makes me really happy!

I have an exam today wish me luck 🍀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 7.7K 44
Drama. It was the one thing Elizabeth wanted nothing to do with during her first year of university. She'd had enough of that in high school. At fir...
55.3K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
1.5K 96 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
2.1M 56.2K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...