A Challenge To An Arranged Ma...

By pratibhabhatia

"Ian? Please. Why are you not answering me?" Lisa shouted raising her voice to probably gain his attention. "... More

Prologue
The Challenge
First Sight
The Contract
Hot In Black
Try The White
Remember The Girl?
Hey, wife
Every Breath You Take
Covers// Not An Update
Dress For Me Tonight
You Are Perfect
Why Were You Dancing With Him?
Pretty No With The Cherry Down
You Are So Toxic
Late For What?
Just A Deal
So I Can See
Right. Sorry
Leave
You Do Care
He Stayed
New Start?
Don't care, please
Won't Be Gone Too Long
What A Shame Are You?
Just This Chance
I Promise baby.
Why Bother?
And After That?
Well, That's New
She Is The Reason
I Am Done With You
I Was Never The One
It Hurts So Much
Why Does It Feel Like Goodbye?
I Tend To Keep It That Way
Epilogue
Mia's Story

Be My Home, Please

43.4K 1.3K 214
By pratibhabhatia

"Marie don’t make any dinner today, I will be eating out." Ian announced closing the last button of his shirt.

"Alright, have fun!" Marie greeted from the kitchen as Ian passed her a smile walking towards the door.

"Ian wait!" She called out immediately as she remembered what she had to do. "I visited Lisa yesterday, and she gave me this." She spoke handing him the same piece of the envelope she gave her.

"I...how is she doing?" Ian asked strumming a bit before taking the envelope in his hands. So many questions came to his mind. That how might she be doing? Did she miss her? Did she forgive him yet?

"I think she is okay now, the doctors are going to send her home today."

"Oh well, I am glad." Ian said twirling with the paper in his hands.

"Why don’t you visit her once huh? It’s been a whole week since you have seen her." Marie asked with concern flashing across her face.

"She doesn’t want to see me, Marie. And even if she did, I have made her life complicated enough. She needs a rest from that." Ian answered with his head hung low.

"Love is complicated, honey. But if it’s true you need to have the guts to fight for it." She answered placing a light and familiar pat on his shoulder. "Read the letter, but just don’t get too late." She completed walking away from him.

Ian walked towards the car parked in front of the house, before setting himself on the seat. He tore opened the envelope to find a handwritten letter in it, that he was guessing was written by Lisa.

Dear Ian,
First of all I am sorry for everything. Every misunderstanding and every problem I have caused to you. I was really a simple girl, painted in my studio, went for quite walks and then sat at home watching rounds and repeat of Friends but that was even before I met you. You made me a different person, you changed me completely. Or maybe just made me meet the very side of me which had been hiding inside for me for so long. Six months, six whole months is what it took you to change me, for better. I asked my father about Hailee, he did caused the accident and I might sound selfish but he deserved a second chance. He confessed Ian, he is getting better. But I know what he took from you, I can feel the pain you have been through and I am sorry if for any reason I had increased it. I might have blamed you for everything but now that I see you weren’t wrong, you had just lost someone you loved. I know no amount of apologies would make up to what you have lost, but I have to ask you to move on. Hailee has got her justice and she must want you to forget and move on. Might I say how lucky she was to have you?
After my mothers dead, I just forget how to smile but you reminded me that I can still be happy. Even if all those times and memories and time was fake it doesn’t matter because I will carry them with me like it was the best dream I have ever lived. You no longer need to fake any thing, Ian. This time find a nice girl and do truly fall in love. You won’t have to see me anymore, it’s time for me to start fresh. I am leaving for Paris tomorrow, the only place I can find peace. I asked my lawyer to make the divorce papers, its already in the envelope and I already signed it. You are free, Ian. Welcome a new life.
Have a happy and beautiful life, Ian. This time do try to live truly.

I love you.
Lisa

The tears trailed down from Ian’s cheeks as he completed the letter. He quickly filtered with the envelope to find the signed divorce papers in them. He couldn’t stop himself from crying, did she really think he would be happy without her? He had to stop her, let her know how much she love her. He quickly stretched the car tires making U-turn and driving to her house.

"Lisa! Where are you?! Lisa!" He shouted from the stairs as soon as he reached her house.

"Ian? What are you doing here?" Elena asked climbing down the stairs with a box of stuff filled.

"Elena, where is she? I have to see her!" Ian asked rushing towards Elena an getting a light grip on her shoulder.

"She had already left Ian, her flight is at 11. She might be boarding right now." Elena answered placing down the box.

"No no no! But there is still time right? It’s 10 right now, I can still stop her." Ian spoke almost talking to himself. "I have to go." Ian spoke to Elena before busting his steps backward.

"Ian wait," Elena, spoke before putting her hand in her pocket and taking this hand to place the ring in it.

"This is our engagement ring" Ian spoke looking at the ring in his palm.

"Go get her, " Elena spoke patting his shoulder to show her support. That was all he needed. There was nothing that could stop him to get to her. His determination got even stronger looking at the ring. He had to save there marriage. He had to save his last hope to survive.
He reached the Airport and ran as fast as he could. He was afraid what would happen if he could be late.

"Lisa!! Lisa!!" He shouted among the crowded airport running around to look if he could find her, " Please move, Lisa!" He shouted again pushing through people and running towards every possible place he could locate there.

'Attention passenger, the flight A445 For Paris is ready to be boarded. Make a Queue at gate 10. Thank you for travelling with...'

"Gate 10," Ian whispered to himself before running towards the gate. The queue was already formed long enough, he pushed through some people to see if he could find her.

"Sir, you are breaking the line, please stay in the line." Someone spoke to Ian but he too in a blur to listen. "Sir, are you listening,?" Till now almost everyone has shifted his attention towards him but his eyes were still searching for her. Finally his eyes made contact with the gorgeous pair of brown eyes he has been looking all around.

"Lisa..." Ian whispered with a light brig. She was still here.

"Sir I would need you to show me your passport and ticket please" the person kept on speaking but Ian couldn’t draw his eyes from her. It was like the first time he had seen her. He was completely and utterly blown away of how gorgeous she was.

"Lisa "Ian said taking a step towards her direction.

"Sir I am afraid I can’t let you go any further please step back." The cop spoke pushing him away and preventing him to step any ahead.

"No, but she knows me. Lisa!" He shouted as the officer kept pushing him away. He could see a light trail of tears from Lisa's eyes, but she didn’t walk towards him instead she took a step further and showed her documents to the other officer. Suddenly Ian realised what she was up to.

"No Lisa! Stop! You can’t leave me like this" he shouted getting restless to be left to reach her. "She knows me please, let me talk to her!" He shouted again struggling against the officer. "You can’t leave me like this Lisa, please. Lisa!!" He kept shouting but it was like no use because she couldn’t turn to look at him.

"I love you, Lisa! And if you think by leaving this place you will be able to get rid of the memories then you are wrong! You are very wrong! You are a coward! Just like you father is! And just like your mother was!" Hearing those words made her stop on her way. She couldn’t help but turn back and walk towards him.

"I am not a fucking coward! And so are not my parents! You are!" She spoke pointing her finger and him and walking towards him. He had done it. As soon as she was close enough Ian hooked her finger with his to pull her close and sealing her lips with her.

He put his hands on her waist pulling her closer and afraid to let her go. The kiss was strong, they both kissed with passion. He pulled her bottom lip tendering her to open her mouth before he strung down his tongue to met hers. Both of them knew what they have missed.

"You are really so stupid." Ian spoke as he removed his lips from her. His hand was on her cheek and he used his thumbs to wipe away the stray tear. "Did you really think, I could be happy without you? Or that I can fall in love? "

"Ian-"

"You are my home Lisa, I am here because of you. You made me want to live again, to actually smile and be happy again. And now that I am finally ready to return to my home, you are taking it away from me? And every memory was not a dream baby, I lived it with you. It was reality, our reality. I have been selfish and trust me I know but you can’t just leave me here. I am completely, utterly and unconditionally in love with you. Please just this time, accept me and save me." Ian spoke as he got on his knee and took out the very same engagement ring Elena gave to him.

"Be my home, Please" he spoke placing the ring in front of her.

"Mam, the flight is about to leave. This is your last chance to get on it." The attendant spoke standing next to her taking her out of her trance.

She had to make a decision.

***
This is the longest chapter posted, until now. And that is because we got at 10k.

This is so superb, thank you so much for reading it. I really love everyone among you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

828K 35.2K 47
Back together again in the romantic and magical city of Paris, Jennifer and Adam are cruising down a mirthful path, with laughter, soft kisses, and f...
8.4M 229K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
7.5K 155 16
Lana's mother marries again but not to a broke down piece of shit man who beats on women but to a billionaire. Lana's life is changing where she must...
15.4K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...