The Flame (Avengers Fanfictio...

By AvengersPey

ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS HAWKEYE'S GIRL. Growing up in the limelight as Tony Stark's adopted little sister wasn't... More

News
1-The Start
2-The Captain
3-Backstory
4- The Start
5- Lies
6-Going to Hell
7-The Mistake
8-Life and Death
9-Rain Keeps Falling
10- High Slits and Blushes
11-He Hit Me (It Didn't Feel Like a Kiss)
12-Kill Bill Vol. One
13-Rhiannon
14-Bad Moon Rising
15-Ring of Fire
16-God Bless the Child
17-Walk On The Wild Side
18- Jackson
19- So This is Love
20- The Sound of Silence
21- Rose Hill, TN
22-Seven Wonders
23- Emmeline and the Devil
24-Hey God? It's Me
25-Runaway
Part 2: 26-Dancing With the Devil
27-Doves In The Wind
28-I Had Strings
29-Together
30-Huge Mistakes
31-The Other Woman
32-A Depressed State of Mind
33-Final Battle
34-The Aftermath
35-Is This What You Wanted
36-Runaway
37-No Good Deed (Goes Unpunished)
38-Lowlife
39-God Knows I Tried
39.5-Mine//Jolene
Part 3: 40-Civil War
41-Sokovia Accords
42-A Huge Mess
43-Family Feud
44-On The Run
45-All Night
46-Haunted
BTW
47-Loyalty
Part 4: 48-Infinity War
49-Wakanda Forever
51-hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have
52-breathin
53-Dream a Little Dream of Me
54-Heart of Glass
55-Cherry Bomb
56-You Are My Sunshine
57-You'll Be In My Heart
Prequel is up!
58-i love you
59-Lucky Ones
Part 5: 60-Endgame
61-Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
62-Blue
63-Landslide
64-Time in a Bottle
65-Tainted Love
66-Don't Stop Me Now
67-Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
68-Silhouettes
69-Stuck in the Middle With You
70-Its Quiet Uptown
71-Hurt
72-Lay Me Down
73-Stayin Alive
74-Dear Theodosia
Part 6: 75-Arsonist's Lullabye
76-Timshel
77-A BOY IS A GUN*
78-Love song
79-From the Grave
80-How to disappear
81-Wolves
82-everything I wanted
83-Heartless
84-Power is Power
85-Bonfire
86-She
87-To Be So Lonely
Please Read!!
88-In a Week
Bonus: Cheating
Bonus: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Bonus: Alternate Situations
The Playlist

50-Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

3.6K 90 26
By AvengersPey

The forcefield open just a little, letting the horrific monsters in. I immediately starting throwing fireball after fireball at them, burning them to a crisp. I landed among a crowd of them and started burning them to ashes. I'd lift some of them up with my telekinesis and then slam them into the ground so hard their bones would break. I left myself lose control and get out all that pent up anger. The scent of burning flesh filled the air, but to semi-quote a popular pop song, I didn't care, I loved it.

I flew back into the air, landing beside my husband who was getting attacked by multiple creatures. I screamed and used my powers to throw the creatures in the air, lighting them on fire and throwing them at more aliens. I didn't let them get close to me or my damn baby.

"I thought we agreed on not dying." I yell to Steve as I take down more creatures. I shove my flaming hand through one of the creatures. It's dark blood sizzles around my arm. I yank my arm out and light another creature on fire, none of them getting close to this little family reunion.

"I love you!" Steve yells back, which makes me laugh. That laugh is cut short when a beam of light slams into the earth. Suddenly, a lightning covered axe swings around, killing aliens. It swings back around just as the light disappears, flying into Thor's waiting hand.

"Holy shit." I breathe. We haven't seen Thor in maybe three years and damn he is certainly welcomed now. With him is a raccoon with a gun? And a tree with a face? I don't question it further. More people that'll fight with us, the merrier.

"You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce tells the creatures around us, laughing like a crazy person. Thor immediately gets to work and I grin, letting the flame cover me once more and I fly off. More fireballs, more fire, more everything. Well that is until I get yanked out of the sky by some of the creatures and I land hand, rolling so I don't land on my stomach, flames disappearing. Rocks cut at my skin and I am very sure my leg is bleeding from where the creature's claws dug in. Yup, definitely bleeding. Creatures are coming in for the kill, the nearest to me clawing at my arm, also cutting it. Suddenly, they're being fried with lightning, burning them to a crisp. I quickly pull out a knife and slash the throat of the creature that's crawling on top of me, it's blood covering me. Thor throws the animal off of me.

"Lady Peyton!" The God of Thunder says almost happily, helping me up. I smile gratefully up at him, ignoring the disgusting smelling blood covering me. He looks a little different, hair cut shorter.

"Thor, I'm so happy to see you." I tell him, burning some of the oncoming monsters that were coming up behind him. He smiles at me as he shifts the weight of the axe in his hand, looking a little disgusted by the blood covering me. I wonder what happened to his hammer...

"As am I." Thor says, throwing his axe at the creatures behind me, "Stay safe, Lady Peyton!" He shouts before running off once more, his axe following. I catch my breath, rolling my neck as the dark whispers start creeping up on me. I'm caught off guard as there's a distant rumbling, the ground rolling like its made of water until what I can only call spinning wheels of death shoot out of the ground, rolling towards me.

"Oh fuck me." I shout before flying forward as fast as I can. I land beside Bucky, my eyes wide. I didn't think I'd have to tap into my darker powers, but things aren't looking good.

"You okay? Oh my God, you smell like shit." Bucky asks and I turn to him, slightly hunched over as I catch my breath, glaring at the old man.

"Peachy. Fucking peachy and you smell too, asshat." I say with a grim smile before flying away again, landing in the center of the field. I shut my eyes and keep my hands outstretched, calling all the fire in the forest just outside the barrier to my hands. A wave of fire comes to me, burning everything in its path. A dark smirk appears on my face. It's a lot of fire and it's killing a lot of those damn monsters.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve screams over the line. Both Wanda and Bruce respond so I just focus on my fire, thinking they'll have it covered.

"Guys, Vision needs back up now!" Bruce screams over the comm lines and I bundle up
all of my fire and fly to the woods, taking down monsters as I go. I get there just as my husband is getting the shit kicked out of him. I am about to charge, but Vision stabs the child of Thanos before I can do anything. I rush to pull Steve away using my powers. My husband stands as Vision falls down, obviously weak.

"I thought I told you to go." Steve says, helping the android stand. Vision holds his hand to the large gash at his side. Wow, how many fucking times has he been stabbed within the past 72 hours? Poor android.

"We don't trade lives, Captain. And besides, you have a kid on the way." Vision says, turning to look at me and I nod my thanks. I walk over, throwing a fireball at the body of one of Thanos's children, burning him to ash. Wanda helps Vision lay down against a rock. Steve grabs ahold of my hand.

I'm standing next to Steve in the woods when a breeze picks up. An unnatural one. We look at each other. It's too quiet.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve tells everyone and I gulp as my dark whispers get stronger. Something big is going to happen so my husband turns his head to me, "I don't want you to be here when this goes down, doll. Please." Before I can answer back to his pleads, a portal appears out of no where and Thanos (it has to be him because who else would it be) walks out.

"Cap. That's him." Bruce confirms and I walk backwards slightly. I have two options here. I can either give in to that darkness and maybe have a chance at winning this for us or I can run away like my husband wants.

"What is it going to be, Princess of Hell?" Lucifer whispers in my ear, pushing me towards that darkness. I gulp and look at my husband's back, watching as he readies himself. I don't want him or anyone else to die today.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve says, walking forward. Steve launches himself at Thanos, but gets tossed aside. I mutter a quick prayer before running into the woods. I'm sorry, handsome. I'm so God damn sorry.

"Alright, I give in. Give me your dark powers and strength, Dark Lord!" I shout, my hands outstretched. A dark laugh fills my ears and suddenly I'm brought down to my knees. The ground cracks open and it's like time stops completely. Out of the crack comes bright red flames. I throw my head back, my mouth wide open as the flames diving into my mouth. I feel the heat from the crown of flames on my temple. Time returns back to normal as I stand run back through the forest. An unearthly noise leaves my mouth as I send my flaming fist into Thanos's big purple face. His head turns sharply and he stumbles, spitting purple blood out onto the ground. His skin on his cheek was burned. I can hear Steve yelling at me.

"Oh, this will be fun." Thanos says darkly and I smirk, the whispers telling me what to do. I lift a hand and send a freshly uprooted free straight into Thanos, but it turns into bubbles before it can hit him. I growl and he lifts up the ground underneath me, carrying me up with it as I launch an onslaught of fireballs.

"You would've been a fun daughter." He says, slamming me into the ground, the rock wrapping around my hands. I struggle against the rock, trying to get get out of the restraints before anything bad happens. Just as I think that, I see Steve going up against Thanos by himself only to get punch hard in the face, his body flying before it build the ground hard. I see red at that point and I rip through the rocks, flying at him again. The whispers tell me to punch him back, but instead he wraps his large hand around my neck. He grips it tightly. My flame covered hands grab at his fingers, wriggling in his grasp as I gasp for breath. Black spots dotting my vision as I struggle. And just like that, the dark powers leave me, like
Lucifer himself knows that fighting is futile. I kick my legs helplessly, nails clawing at the golden gauntlet. The purple monster in front of me grins when I look at Steve.

In that moment, I fear death. I want to tell Steve I'm sorry and that I love him so much. I want to tell Tony that I love him so much. I'm sorry Tony. I'm sorry Steve-

Thanos throws me into a tree, done with me. I gasp for breath, blood and tears trickling down my face as pain erupts all over. There's a ringing in my ears and I think I'm coughing hard with how much my chest is moving. Steve's leaving over me, his mouth moving but I can't hear what's coming out of it. He looks both mad and worried.

"Are you okay? Pey, you okay?" Steve asks, his voice cutting through the ringing in my ears as he kneels beside me. I nod, amazed he is alive. He's amazed I'm alive, by the way he's looking at every single one of my injuries. Our reunion is short lived when we hear Thor and Thanos start to fight. Steve helps me up and I weakly stand against him. The cuts on my leg has decided to make itself known and it's making it very hard to stand. The father of my child helps me walk towards Thor, who is now standing alone. Thanos is no where to be seen. Something feelings wrong, very wrong.

"Where'd he go? Thor, where'd he go?" Steve asks, letting me stand on my own. My heart is beating fast and I feel like I'm going to be sick. I'm terrified, one hand going to my stomach and the other going to my neck. I hiss when my hand touches the now extremely sensitive skin around my neck.

"Steve?" Bucky asks and Steve and I both turn to watch in horror as Bucky turns into ash before our eyes, his gun falling to the ground. My mouth opens in shock as Steve walks over and kneels by where Bucky's body should be. Steve looks at me and then at Thor, all of us in shock. My husband quickly gets up and walks over to me as tears run down my face. I can hear Okoye shouting. I don't know what's going on.

"Steve, what's going on?" I ask, moving to hold onto him, hoping neither of us turn into dust. I can hear Rhodey yelling. It's too chaotic. I wait for either Steve or I to disappear, but neither of us do. We move numbly to Vision's grey body, Steve kneeling beside it as I lean against a tree. Tony, you better be okay. Tears are streaming down my dirty face.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey questions. It's just him, Thor, Thor's raccoon, Bruce, Steve, and Nat left. Tony you better be okay, you better be. Be okay. Be okay.

"Oh, God." Steve pants out and I walk over to Bruce, releasing the arm on the Hulkbuster suit. My emotions are running too high with what's going on and with my added hormones-I'm a mess.

"Pey, what are doing?" Rhodey asks as I sit on the ground, fiddling with the arm of the suit. I hold to me as if it was a baby, trying to something-anything.

"I-I need to get a message out to Tony-I need to see if he's okay-I have to see-I got to see-" I break into tears as I realize I can't do anything to contact my brother with how far away he is. My team-well what's left of it-lets me sit there and sob hysterically.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 92 19
Reign is back and this time she is more badass than ever. Yet she still manages to get herself into trouble. Both because of her father and just beca...
14.6K 190 38
The Avengers show up to Natasha's safe house but they encounter her daughter Y/N Romanoff. Y/N rescues and Rehabs animals. She is already dating some...
2.1M 50.8K 105
Hayden chase, a thirteen year old girl, she is a force to be recon with, everyone steers clear of her, But she has a deep dark secret, what happens...
39.5K 1.4K 17
holland stark, the brilliant yet rebellious younger sister of howard stark. taken from SSR by HYDRA after Steve is injected with the serum, she becom...