Where Do I Belong (a Liam Pay...

By Hattie_and_Ellie

[COMPLETED] "I've been looking for the answer to this question for so long now, but I can't find it. I mean... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen, Part One
Chapter Fifteen, Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen, Part One
Chapter Eighteen, Part Two
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Messages

Chapter Fourteen

40.2K 690 72
By Hattie_and_Ellie

We hope you enjoy this one. It's got some humour, a little romance. But this chapter is sort of a build up for Olivia's and One Direction's departure for London. So hope you enjoy it.

H&Exx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia’s P.O.V~

I hadn’t realised that I’d left my phone back in the apartment until I returned from the pool. With the towel still being used to dry my hair from the swimming, I walked over to the coffee table and picked it up, my eyes widening when I saw three missed calls from Maria. Oh god, I hadn’t been keeping in contact with her like I said I would. She was one of my best friends and deserved to know everything.

Instead of getting ready to have a shower to wash off the chlorine and then prepare for bed, I went over to the kitchen, poured myself some orange juice, and dialled Maria’s number.

“I am really mad right now, but I love you too much to shout.” I heard her say in a strong Italian accent as soon as she picked up.

“I am so sorry Maria! I have been completely forgetting to ring you or even at least update you with a text.” She sighed dramatically at the other end but I could tell that she had already accepted my apology.

“It’s them boys. They are very big distractions.” Wow, she was definitely right. But Liam was the biggest distraction for sure.

“But right now, I want you to tell me everything.” Her voice was demanding on the other end but I could hear a smile.

“Of course! What do you want to know?”

“I told you. EVERYTHING!” She was definitely getting excited.

“Um, ok. Where did we leave off from our last call…Oh yeah. That dinner date with Liam-.” I immediately heard her squealing as I said his name.

“Tell me how it went. You made up and everything right? He likes you, doesn’t he? Aw I bet he really wanted to sort things out. Did he ki-.”

“Maria! I will tell you if you let me talk. Now breath.” I was laughing at the way she barely left any time to breath when she threw the questions at me. Ha, she was just as interrogating as Louis.

“Fine.” She giggled.

“We talked, I explained to him what happened between me and…Federico. Liam still seemed upset but when he saw how much pain I’d had to put up with when I was with Federico, he sort of-. Well he comforted me.”

“What do you mean, ‘comforted’?” I could tell that she was smirking when she asked.

“Well first he apologised for not being sensitive about the whole thing, and then, he um-.” I still hadn’t got round to telling Maria how far my relationship with Liam had progressed and I was finding it difficult to talk about the topic.

“YOU KISSED!? TELL ME YOU KISSED!!!” She yelled down the phone, as I went to pull it away from my ear to protect myself from going deaf. She was speaking words of excitement in Italian but it was too quick for me to make any sense of it.

“Maria? Maria calm down!”

“Tell me now! Did he kiss you? Did Liam Payne kiss you?!”

“Yes.” I finally said, sighing with a smile at the end. I hadn’t noticed but the other end of the phone went completely silent. “Maria, are you there?”

Then, without warning…

“OH. MY. GOD!!! You kissed! What, how did this happen? I told you! I told you that you could have anyone! I was sooo right! You owe me big time!” She giggled, laughed, squealed and screamed all in one sentence.

“Ok ok ok, yes you did say that, and yes you are right.”

“Then what happened?”

“Huh?”

“That date was like a week ago. You must have moved on further from that.” She was certainly right.

“Well, today actually, he asked me to be his girlfriend-,” My ear was met by another loud girly squeal as Maria went off on one again.

“WOW! I can’t believe this actually happened. I need to see you two. Wait, I need to see them all. Oh I wish I could come down.” With that said, I felt a churning in my stomach. It felt as if someone had thrown a rock at it and now my throat was getting tight. But I had to tell her.

“Maria?”

“Yes! Did something else happen. Ooh more surprises-,”

“Wait, listen. I, I’m going back home this Friday.”

“What do you mean?” I could hear the confusion in her voice and knew this wouldn’t be easy on either of us.

“I’m going back to England.”

I had tears forming in my eyes at the thought that there was no way that I would be able to see Maria before I left. I’d be gone for another six months, maybe even longer, and I just had to see her.

“But-, when will I see you?” She was so quiet now, compared to the outbursts from earlier.

“I don’t know. I’m so sorry. I wish I’d let you know but ugh. I’m sorry.” I repeated my apology and didn’t feel as if I could speak anymore.

“Maria, I promise to ring you before I leave, and just for you, I will try and get the boys to speak to you too.”

“Aw Olivia,” She was smiling in her words but her voice was trembling. “Please ring me then. I will miss you so much.”

“I will too. God I better go before the waterworks get out of control.”

“Of course, I can’t talk either when I’m like this.”

“I will ring you soon Maria. Love you, ciao.”

“Yes, ring me! I’ll be waiting. Ciao Livvy.” She snuffled once and the phone went dead.

The tears had spilled out and over onto my cheeks as I squeezed myself into a tight ball on the sofa. I was going to miss her so much, if only I could see her face before I left, just for one day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Olivia, did you sleep alright? Your eyes look pretty red.” Louis said to me as we sat opposite each other for breakfast.

“Um, no. I was just a bit restless,” was all I could say. I didn’t want to explain how I’d cried for most of the night because I was going to miss my best friend when I moved back to London.

“Olive? What’s wrong?” Liam had just walked in with Harry. He looked at me with concern across his face before walking straight over to me and hugging me from behind as I stayed sat on the chair.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” I mumbled as he pulled out the chair beside me.

“Well something kept you up didn’t it?” He was sat facing me and had his hands on mine.

“Liam it’s really not important. If I told you, you’d all probably laugh or somethi-.”

“No we wouldn’t laugh. Tell me.” His gaze was hard and caring and I couldn’t look away. He’d done nothing wrong to have me hiding something so I spoke up.

“I have a friend, Maria. She works here but she’s away because her shift is up for this term. Um, she’s kind of obsessed with you all and made me tell her everything about you guys and- us.” Liam was still looking at me with a thoughtful expression.

“We are like best friends and well, I only told her last night that I was leaving for England.” The tears were returning but I didn’t want to look so stupid in front of everyone.

“I won’t be able to see her before I go, or for another six months after that-.” Liam came forward and pulled me in for a hug wrapping his arms around me tightly.

“Now why would anyone laugh at that?” He whispered into my ear.

“It just seemed like such a silly thing to get emotional over.”

“No it’s not. We have to leave people behind when we go on tour all the time, and it definitely gets emotional.” Liam looked back at me and I saw the love in his eyes. I nodded back at him and rubbed my eyes hoping that none of the tears had fallen.

When I looked back at the rest of the boys, none of them were smiling or laughing about the situation. Not even Harry. They all sat silently, and Harry looked lost in thought. Damn it, so now I’d made breakfast all awkward like this. Well done Olivia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aw come on cheer up!” Louis said as I sat curled up on the sofa in the boy’s room.

“You can have some of my sandwich if it will make you feel any better.” Niall came and sat next to me, waving his half eaten sandwich in front of my face.

“Um, no thanks Niall. I’m good.”

“Ok then.” He smiled before devouring the bread.

“I know what will make you smile. Truth or dare!” Louis beamed and Niall nodded with a full mouth of food.

“Ah, really Lou?” Zayn said with a laugh as he walked into the room from the bathroom, obviously sorting out his hair in front of the mirror.

“Yes Mr Vain! Now, come here and sit down!” Louis snapped back playfully as Zayn put his hands up in defence before he came and took the seat opposite me.

“Do we have to play this Lou?” I asked, but I knew what the answer would be.

“Yes we do! Now where are the other two?” He looked around and Zayn gave him a funny smile before pointing to the room that Lou and Harry shared. A worried look shot across Louis’ face as he jogged over to the closed door.

The rest of us just sat in an awkward silence as I twiddled my thumbs, Niall got out another sandwich and Zayn brushed his hand through his hair.

“HARRY! WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME!?” We all turned to see Louis storming out of the room with his hands covering his eyes.

“Aha, aw Lou. Come ere, I’m sorry.” Harry followed with a grin on his face. Compared to Louis, Harry was terrible at acting.

“Sorry Lou, there’s no room for you in his life anymore. It’s me he wants now.” Liam laughed as he emerged from the room.

“What?! But you have Olivia!” Louis really did sound convincing with all of his shouting and girly whimpering.

“Aw Lou. Forget them, come sit with me.” I budged Niall over a bit and patted the space between us both. He came running and plopped onto the space folding his arms with a stroppy face.

“Guys you better come sit down before you make him even angrier.” Zayn said looking up from his chair to Harry and Liam with a smirk.

“Sure aha. Heard it was truth or dare huh?” Harry and Liam came and found places to sit so that we were all ‘sort of’ sat in a circle.

“Ugh, I hate this game.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Right then, Olivia. You go first.” Louis said smirking at me after he heard my comment.

“Alright, Louis, truth or dare?”

“Dare!” Yes, perfect.

“I dare you to forgive Harry!” I said not really interested in the game, but I just wanted to get Louis back.

“What, that’s a rubbish dare.” He looked annoyed but that’s what I wanted. Obviously, he didn’t want to speak to Harry just yet, but now he had no choice.

“Do it!”

“Fine.” He got up from the sofa and walked over towards Harry. Harry was grinning back at me then looked up at Lou. I’m sure we all expected Louis to just say something to accept the apology but we were wrong. Instead, he climbed onto the sofa with Harry and sat on him, and cuddled him.

Niall burst out laughing nearly choking on his food, Zayn chuckled and Liam just put his hand to his face smiling at Lou.

“Wasn’t that hard now was it Lou?” I asked but Louis just beamed back at me and gave me a wink.

“Right me now! Zayn, truth or dare?” Louis said loudly, even though we were all sat around him.

“Truth.”

“Right, I already know the answer, but I’m sure Olivia will find this interesting,” both Zayn and Louis looked at me, Zayn with a worried expression and Louis with a grin.

“Have you ever worn women’s makeup before?”

After a long thought out answer, Zayn just nodded and tried to hide the shy smirk as he did so. Louis started to laugh and I just looked at Zayn with disbelief all over my face. But then again, what did I expect. He spent more time in front of the mirror than any girl I knew.

“Truth or dare Niall?” Zayn changed the subject and carried on.

“Dare!” He said still nibbling on his bread.

“Give the rest of your sandwich to Olivia.”

“Ew no, Zayn why?” I said with a funny face.

“But, but I don-.”

“No backing out buddy. Give her your sandwich.” Zayn smirked and Harry laughed at Niall’s distraught face.

“I hate you all,” he said with a small smile as he passed me the mangled sandwich. “Harry, truth or dare?”

“Um, dare.”

“Go cuddle Liam.” Niall said with a cheeky smile, obviously getting Harry back for laughing when he had to give up the bread that I was holding away from me. It seriously looked like road kill.

“You can’t make him do that!” Lou shouted at Niall.

“Yes I can.”

“Well here I go then.” Harry squeezed out of Louis’ grasp and made his way over to Liam. Liam was in hysterics when Harry sat on him and threw his arms around his neck.

We all erupted in laughter apart from Louis who was sat with wide eyes and his jaw dropped.

“Oh cheer up Loueh. I’ll be all yours tonight. Olivia, truth or dare?” Harry winked at Louis who grinned back.

“Dare?” I said unsurely.

“I dare you to give up your phone to Louis, for the rest of the day.”

“What? Why?” This was the strangest dare I had ever heard, ever! But I passed the phone over to Louis who gave me a smile as he shoved it into his pocket.

“Zayn, truth or dare?

“Dare this time.” He said, with an embarrassed smirk.

“Well, um. Zayn, I dare you to pour one bottle of your aftershave down the sink.”

The boys all gasped and I just nodded at Zayn, encouraging him to go and do it.

“Zayn mate, ahaha.” Harry laughed crazily and Niall did the same. Liam looked at me with a cheeky grin.

“Whoa Olive, that’s a harsh dare.” He said with a wink.

“I know. But this game of truth or dare is actually awful.” Liam laughed as Louis looked at me with a sad expression. Zayn slowly stood up and went to the bathroom. We heard some rummaging around and the he returned with a torn expression

“Oh well, it was my cheapest bottle anyway.” Everyone chuckled and the game continued.

“Dare!” Harry had said when Louis carried on the game.

“Right, I dare you to go and jump in the pool.”

“What now?”

“Yes. And, you must be… naked.”

We all looked at Louis with wide eyes. I couldn’t actually believe what Louis had just dared Harry to do. Would Harry have the guts?

Well obviously, he did.

“Right away sir.” Harry got up and started to unbutton things and pull things off.

“No wait, Harry, go do it somewhere else. Olivia doesn’t need to see.” Liam whined, not entirely happy with the way Harry had started to strip in front of us all.

“Fine.” Him, Louis and Niall all walked out the door.

“We’ll watch him do the dare ok?” Louis shouted back at us as they walked out and down to the pool.

“Will he actually do it? Naked I mean.” I was honestly pretty unsure about the whole dare. Zayn smirked at me and exchanged a look with Liam.

“Well, seeing as you’re part of the family now, you’re gonna have to get used to seeing that guy naked.” Zayn laughed as he explained.

“What do you mean?”

“Basically, Harry is naked pretty much 99.9% of his life.” Liam grinned at me and knew that I was finding this hard to believe. But I just shrugged, hoping that they wouldn’t talk about it anymore.

Moments later the others barged back into the room, all of them in hysterics, Niall sounded as if he was crying.

“Olivia, cover your eyes!” Zayn shouted as Harry walked into the room, laughing calmly.

“Hmm, that was quite refreshing. Too bad that elderly woman looked as if she was gonna have a heart attack.” Harry proudly joked.

“What?!” I said with my hands still covering my eyes. I was actually scared that he might have freaked some of the other guests out. But I guess the boys and I would be leaving in a few days, so any complaints wouldn’t matter too much.

“Harry, go get some bloody clothes on now!” I heard Liam chuckle. “Olivia, he’s gone into his room now, you can look aha.” I moved my hands and blinked a few times adjusting my eyes to the light again.

“Ok, I think I can now admit that this game has been pretty-, um… interesting.” Liam cracked up at my response.

“This has actually been pretty laid back compared to some of our other matches though,” Zayn went on to say with a small grin.

“I don’t think I wanna know what you guys all got up to.”

“No, I think its best we keep it that way.” He replied with another handsome smirk, I smiled in return.

“I told you this game would get you to smile.” Louis had calmed down from the last dare and he’d come to sit next to me.

“Yeah, whatever.” I couldn’t deny that I had enjoyed it.

“We never did dare you to snog Liam though.” Louis went on to say with a wink.

“Or strip!” We all turned to see Harry making his way out of the bedroom, using a towel to dry up his hair. I felt my cheeks heat up a little, and caught Liam’s quick scowl aimed at Harry.

“In your dreams Harry.” I said quietly, hoping he wouldn’t say what I knew he’d say next.

“Well maybe in mine, but definitely in Liam’s.” Everyone, but me and Liam, erupted into roars of laughter. That wasn’t even funny, just very, very, cheeky.

“Right, I can see that this teasing is going to get quite out of hand. So, I’ll love you and leave you all.” I got up from the sofa and stretched out my limbs.

As my eyes searched for Liam, I found that he was already standing up and stretching his arms out too with a yawn. Aw, what a cutie. Olivia, that sounded so wrong. The voice inside my head went on to say before I quickly shoved it away.

“Are you sure you have to go already?” He made his way towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist. The contact made my head spin and my legs wobble. How was it that Liam still made me feel this way?

“Yeah, I better go to sleep early tonight, I didn’t exactly get much last night.” Liam nodded at me with an adorable smile, and even with the other around us, I couldn’t really help myself.

I put my arms up and around his neck and pulled his head to mine. As our lips met, those sparks began to shoot around inside. The others were mumbling and I could feel Liam’s smile under the kiss. His lips were so soft and gentle on mine, and I didn’t want him to move. Slowly, our lips moved apart before things could get a bit too eager, and our foreheads met.

“Well then, sleep well love.” His voice was so soothing and I immediately wanted our lips to meet again.

“I’m sure I will.” I mean, I was definitely going to be replaying the feel of his lips on mine and his hands around my waist all night.

I eventually I made my way to the door, but before I left, I turned to face Louis.

“You take care of my phone Mr.” I said pointing at him with my finger.

“Sure I will. Nothing will happen to it.” He beamed at me with an adorable smile.

“I’ll be expecting you to drop it off in the morning, so no losing it or getting it broken. Ok?”

“Yeah, don’t worry.” Louis laughed, and I saw Harry smiling behind him. Weirdo’s, what were they smirking about.

“See you guys then.” They all waved and Liam winked at me before I closed the door.

But seriously, why did I have to leave my phone with Louis? I mean, what kind of dare was that anyway? Wait, what if Maria rang?

A number of thoughts spun around in my head as I tried to figure out the real reason for me being dared to give up my phone. What could it honestly be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, we apologise for there not being that much romance in this chapter. But this was kind of a filler chapter to build up to the next ones.

Aww, poor Olivia and Maria, doesn't it suck not getting to see your best friend for a long time. Will they see each other? We'll have to find out.

And why do you guys think Olivia was dared to give Louis the phone? Strange dare hmm. But Harry's naked dare!! HAHAHA! We loved it :')

Anyway, let us know what you thought of this chappy and please vote if you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading ~Hattie & Ellie~ xxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...
37.4K 944 27
PREVIOUS TITLE : FIFTY SHADES OF STYLES Harry Styles. Two words that can bring a woman to her knees. Yes men, too. He's your usual entrepreneur, that...
57.1K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
31K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...