Love Is A Leap

By InHemsworthianHeaven

Samantha. Football lover, totally crazy and a sucker for romance. Edward. The sexy, hot and very caring best... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Five
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Epilogue.

Chapter Four.

2.7K 25 6
By InHemsworthianHeaven

Waking up always depressed me and today especially because it meant I had to go to work and I so did not want to but nevertheless I did, and around four in the evening when I was preparing to leave my cell phone rang. And as usual it was an unknown number,

"Hello?" I said.

"Is this Miss Samantha Daniels."

"Yeah who's asking?"

"Oh I'm speaking from the city hospital we here have Miss Melina Wishaw. She has asked ....... " my heart stopped I just couldn't believe what the nurse was telling me Melina was in the hospital and she had asked for me I was really dazed and worried. I cut in the nurse's speech,

"What happened to her? Is she all right? Is anything serious? "

"Miss, you have to come down here, she fell down the stairs today and broke her leg I'm afraid and she also has some minor injuries."

"I'm going to be there in ten minutes, tell her I'm coming."

I shut down my phone and rushed to the hospital. I was always shit timorous from hospitals and preferred to be away from them but today I rushed into the hospital, inquired about Melina's room and practically ran to her room. When I opened her door and she saw me she smiled this hearty smile of hers and though she had been weeping I was so relieved to see her there smiling at me.

The nurse once again told me what happened to her and then left the two of us, I sighed and realised I had been holding my breath.

"You stupid stupid woman, were you trying to kill yourself? Can't you be careful? " I was all over her but I was really afraid by just thinking of what might have happened to her.

"Oh sorry I was coming to see you when I slipped." she was in pain.

"Don't talk. Just rest. " I went to her and I saw that the tears were back in her eyes,

"Hey I'm here now; I'll take good care of you." I murmured and she managed a weak smile before hardening the hold on my hand and drifting off to sleep. I was just so sick at my heart seeing Melina like this and I had no clue what to do that's when I remembered Nick and I thought I should call him, he had to know about what happened with Melina. I dished out my phone and dialled his number but only reached his voicemail.

"Uh hi Nick, Samantha this side, I just wanted to tell you that Melina fell down the stairs and I'm really scared can you please come over in the city hospital. We are in room 107. Bye." the line went dead. I was sitting beside Mel waiting for Nick to call, but I never received one. That's when the doctor came in.

"Are you Miss Samantha?"

"Yes, you must be the doctor."

"I'm afraid, can I talk to you?"

"Of course."

We went to his office.

"Miss Melina told me that she lives alone and also that you are her neighbour. Is that right? "

"Yeah I live next door." I replied. I knew the news coming was not going to be good and my heart was racing real fast, good thing I was all ready in a hospital.

"Okay so I would advice that you move in with her and take care. The cast will be removed in around a month. Also does she have any other relative? "

"She has a grandson, but otherwise there's just me."

"Oh, did you inform him about Melina?" he seemed anxious to tell someone something about Melina and somehow he couldn't trust me.

"Yes I did, and every time I called I reached his voicemail and so I stopped trying since the last three hours and the point here is doc that I know you are hiding something and right now only I'm available so you can only tell me. So it's best if you cooperate and tell me whets wrong." I was running out of patience and if the guy did not tell me now then he had to be ready to get kicked hard in his guts.

"I don't mind telling you, but the news is .... Bad. "

I was really annoyed to acknowledge the fact that I was afraid. Really afraid.

"Actually she says she slipped but I'm pretty sure it was because she was dizzy. You see, when we got her heart X-rays we got to know that she has a heart problem which even she doesn't know about and it's high time. She can't live healthily after like a year or so, she can only survive on drips then. "

I thought I was going to faint. I really was.

"Are you all right, Miss?" I heard the doctors' voice but all that was going through my mind was that Mel cannot live. I would loose my mother yet again. I gulped back my sob and ran out of the office. I just could not stand there and listen to the doctor telling me that I was gonna loose Melina for ever, just the mere thought of that fact send a shiver down my spine. I remembered the day when I had come home and seen my mother lying on the floor, loosing her was painful beyond words but then I acknowledged the fact that she never really loved me and deep down I knew I had always blamed my self for her death and I don't want it to be the same with Melina as well. I loved her dearly and she loved me too. She had too. I knew I really wanted to talk to Edward only he knew what I could do in this situation.

I dialled his number.

"Hello" Edward answered.

"Edward, I want to talk to you, are you free?" My voice was shaking so badly.

"Are you all right?" At this question my tears took over totally I started sobbing.

"Hey sweetheart what happened?" Edward asked.

"I'm in the .... Hospital. "

"What? Are you okay? " His voice was almost harsh and worried sick.

"It's not me ... its ... Melina."

There was a pause at the other line and it only increased my tears.

"Oh Edward Mel fell down the stairs today ... she's on a cast, she told the doc that she slipped but the doc says she has a heart problem ... her fall was because of the dizziness and that she ... cannot ... live ... much ... longer. I'm so helpless ... I can't do anything Edward ... if she leaves me I'll ... die too. " I was crying so hard I couldn't even hear what Edward was saying I knew I was going to faint if I dint stop so I leaned into the wall for support.

"Listen to me Sammy, don't cry okay, just stop crying, Mel is going to be all right, I promise, I'm coming down over there okay, you have to calm down, Mel needs you right now, you have to be strong for her."

"I can't Edward, I love her more than my own mother you know how I was when my mum ..... Died I was shattered, if Melina dies ......" I couldn't continue.

"Listen I'm coming there I'll be down by day after tomorrow. Are you all alone?"

"Yes I tried to contact Nick but he is not replying to my calls."

"Christ! Is that guy deaf?" he was agitated I could tell, but he was the only one I could trust completely and shares my thoughts with. But that's when I remembered Avina and that Edward had gone there to complete a project. I just can't rely upon him now; things had started to be difficult between us. But still like some idiot I had called him and asked him to come to my rescue.

"Listen I'm sorry I called you like this but I had to talk to somebody and you don't have to come down here, please I'll be fine." I tried to reassure him but I knew I failed.

"Don't be ridiculous I do have to come for the wedding too." He was angry.

"Okay call me from the airport, I'll come to pick you up."

"Fair enough and Samantha don't cry please you're a very brave girl and I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Edward." I whispered into the phone and clicked it shut. I was really desperate to be with someone and somehow I was feeling that this was another feather in Edwards cap and another favour among the thousands one he had all ready done for me. I was still trying to call and inform Nick about Mel but I could only reach his voicemail again and again and he never replied. I was practically sick myself by the next day and Mel was having dizzy attacks and could not talk much. In the evening the doctor called me in his office and I was really scared.

"Samantha have you told Miss Melina's grandson about her?" Now that was a very good question indeed.

"I have been trying to contact him doc but he has not answered my calls. But why do you ask that?"

"Actually Miss Melina has started mumbling his name in between the dizzy spells. So I think it would be a good idea if she meets him, she's desperate."

"I'll try my best doc, was there anything else?"

"Yes actually, Melina is in a very bad shape and she's also on drip and I think she is getting dizzy attacks due the lack of energy. She needs a lot of medication and if she cannot cope up ... then I'm afraid we won't be able to ... help her."

"NO! No please no, you have to save her please she's the only family I have." The thought just tore from my heart.

"I'm sorry." He bent his head down and I knew it was time to leave, I went home and took the coldest shower of my life all I could think was how Mel could be fine and how in hell was I ever going to contact Nick. Where in hell was he? I had left like twenty-fucking-messages in his voicemail. I just couldn't sleep, I reflected back my days with her. How she had helped me to settle in and how we had gone to parks and talked nonsense, how we had sat and watched matches. I was feeling so low by the thought that I won't have her next to me.

I don't know when I dozed off in the night but I woke up when my cell phone rang.

"Hello, Miss Samantha I'm speaking from the hospital you have to come down here immediately. Miss Melina is not well." I practically ran from the house in my pyjamas and went straight to the hospital. I went to the doctor.

"What's wrong?" I practically shouted at the doctor.

"Melina had a heart attack." He stated, I was so gob smacked it took me a minute to realise what the doctor had said.

"What? No ... no ... no ..."

"I'm sorry she's in a critical shape."

My phone rang, it was Edward.

"Hello?" my voice was so shaken.

"Sammy, I'm at the airport. Coming?"

"Yeah." I muttered and shut my phone down I was in a giddy shape. But still I went to the airport and as soon as I saw Edward, I ran towards him and buried my head in his chest and started crying my heart out.

His arms came around me and he crushed me into him.

"Oh, Sammy, sshhh sweetheart. Mel is going to be all right. I promise."

"No ... she isn't she got ... a heart attack ... in the ....morning." I hiccuped the whole sentence and as soon as the words came out of my mouth I started crying even harder.

"Sshhh baby stop crying, you'll get sick yourself." His hands were moving up and down my back and instead of the circumstances, there was a tingling feeling in my stomach, I was just so comfy around him, he always had that effect on me.

"I'm so scared Edward, I don't know what to do, I can't see Melina like this, it's killing me completely." I whispered into his shoulder and he gathered me even closer.

"Look at me." His voice was commanding so I peered up at him through my misty eyes and I saw the raw need and pain in his eyes,

"What's wrong, Edward?" I asked him and I was almost afraid to listen to his answer.

"I can't see you in pain, please Samantha for my sake stop crying." His voice almost send me toppling backward, but that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me and my tears almost went back in my eyes, we were gazing in each other eyes as if nothing else mattered and yet again I felt a shiver go down the length of me, I was all ready in his arms all he had to do was bend his head down and place his lips over mine. And he did do that, his lips brushed mine very frivolously and I all but melted in his arms, this was something I wanted to do from the day he had come back and now when he was finally kissing me nothing had prepared me for this explosive experience, and all he was doing was brushing his lips against mine, suddenly his lips increased the pressure and I gasped. His kiss was like water to a dehydrated woman. His lips were moving in a sluggish and sensual rhythm. He tasted magnificent-strong, masculine and sure. My eyes closed as the delicious sensations tingled me at the most intimate part of my body. Edward tugged me even closer and the touching increased my hair ... my face ... my neck ... he was touching me as if it mattered as if he could not let go. And all the while his kiss was playing havoc with my mind, I could not expect of anything else but this man and the moment ... a jarring sound of a mobile took us by surprise and I pulled away from Edward. I had even forgotten that we were still in the airport and I was too ashamed to even look at Edward so I went out of the airport and waited for him in the parking lot. Whoa! I had no clue what had just happened inside there one minute I was crying and the other I was kissing Edward like a long lost lover, and I was shocked to realise that I had actually enjoyed the kiss and I wanted it to go on forever. At that very moment Edward came out and again a rush of heat flooded my body. God I had it bad. I had to stop this,

"Edward, I ... sorry ... I don't know ... sorry." God I suck at words I really do. I saw him push his hands through his hairs and release a tense breath and all was because of me and I was feeling so bad to call him down here then getting entangled in this situation with him.

"Edward, really I'm sorry I had no right to call you down here I should cope myself but ..." I gulped I knew I was going to burst into tears any minute now. So I continued,

"Nick is not calling me back and Mel kept on asking for him and then the attack it just knocked me for six, I really am a failure." I whispered the last line and again Edward expelled a long breath.

"Samantha stop blaming yourself, it was not your fault, the kiss it just happened and I promise it won't happen again. Now we have to go to the hospital and also you have to STOP crying. Ok?" He sounded irritated and I felt really bad. So without saying another word I went in the car and Edward came in the seat next to me and we drove to the hospital. As soon as I went to the doctor with Edward he practically jumped at me.

"Where have you been?" Oh my god he sounded impatient.

"Wassamatter?" I asked him and I was really touched when Edward got hold of my hand I glanced up at him and he was looking at me tenderly, I was so thankful to have him here with me.

"Miss Melina wanted to see you, but you weren't anywhere." He glanced at Edward and asked me,

"Is this gentleman, Nicholas?" I saw Edward's jaw tighten on Nick's name and I shook my head.

Edwards grip tightened and I gulped I knew I would never be able to survive seeing Melina like that but again I looked at Edward and he mouthed,

"I'm gonna be there with you."

I nodded and hand-in-hand with Edward we went in Mel's ward. And as soon as I saw Melina it took all mine and Edwards strength to stop me from running back out. Melina raised her eyes at me and extended her hand. Edward was nearest to her so he placed his hand in her outstretched palm and I stood there next to him clutching onto his arm I was trembling so hard.

"Hey Sammy, Hi Edward." Her voice was breaking.

"Hi Rosy" I noticed Mel smile at Edwards nickname and I was really thankful to him for lightening the mood a little.

"Won't you say hi to me Sammy?" She asked me.

It took all my effort to reply,

"Hey" I mumbled.

"Sammy I know ... it is hard ... for you ... I don't want ... you here." She was wasting a lot of energy by talking but what she said made me real angry.

"If you think I'm going to leave you all alone over here then think twice because I'm not. Understand that, I'm not leaving you, you will just have to bear me." I was relieved when Mel smiled,

"That's my Samantha." Mel never really called me Samantha but I practically died listening her say my name in so much pain. I let go off Edwards hand and said,

"You need rest so shut up and sleep and don't even think about waking up before I tell you too." I commanded. And Mel's lips twitched but nonetheless she fell asleep almost immediately. I was just tucking her blanket and trying to suppress my tears when once again Edward took hold of my hand and as soon as I met his gaze all I wanted to do was drown in his eyes I really did, his eyes were ... mysterious.

"You have a lot of guts Sammy. I'm really proud of what you did." He whispered and I smiled weakly up at him. Once we were out the doctor informed us that Mel would be sedated for the rest of the night so we could go home. Though I dint want to but Edward had to be settled in. So we went to my apartment. Once inside I took him to the spare bedroom and left him to unpack. I went to the balcony and tried to call Nick again but like always I just reached his voicemail, I was feeling so feeble I had a real big intuition to break my phone but I couldn't. I was feeling so bad and angry. Tears burned my eyes and my face fell into my hands I slid down the length of my balcony's wall and started crying. I knew I would die the day Mel left me and I really wanted to do something for her and what she wanted was Nick and I can't give her one single thing she wanted for me, I really was a failure.

"Please Nick wherever you are .... Just return my one call." I was so helpless. All I could do was pray. A hand gently brushed my hair; I opened my eyes to see Edward sitting in front of me.

"Samantha." My name felt like it had been wrenched out of his chest.

"Please, sweetheart don't cry, please I can't bear to see you cry like this. I can't." He said and it sounded genuine and still it had the worst effect on me or maybe the best because my tears began flowing even more freely.

"Jesus." He swore and in the other instant I was again in his arms and that's when I realised how badly I wanted comfort. I went numb in his arms. My arms went around his waist and my head was rested against his heart and I was really shocked to feel his heart thumping against his chest it seemed that he was in some kind of physical pain and I raised my head to ask him the same question but as soon as I raised my head and looked at Edward he released a tensed breath and then his head bent down and his lips captured mine in a heart stopping kiss, I was rocked to the core of my heart and this was the second time he has kissed me in the same day and it was even more dynamic, and all of a sudden I started kissing him back it seemed like all the strength flowed into my lips and they parted in sweet welcome. I just couldn't get enough of him, the kiss went on and on and shivers were running down my spine, Edwards hands went lower and he pressed my lower body into his and again I froze when I felt just how aroused Edward was and I started to get an all new feeling ... I felt scared and so I broke off the kiss. I was really mortified and din't even have the courage to look up at him. Edward was still holding me and his breathing was really shallow.

"I'm sorry." I did not know why but the words just flew out of my mouth. Edward let go off me and finally I looked up to see that he had his back towards me and I was going to say something when he abruptly turned around and our eyes met and BANG! Something happened it really did. Something passed between us and my words died in my throat that's when he finally said,

"You don't have to be sorry, I'm sorry, I really am, I don't know what came over me, I saw you looking all vulnerable and I don't know why I kissed you ... it was a mistake ..." I was hurt, really hurt he meant I was a fool and he took advantage. I was really infuriated with what he had said so I couldn't control the next words that came out of my mouth.

"Ok so I looked vulnerable and you took the advantage just to fulfil you own ... sexual needs, well fine but let me tell you I'm not a slut or a sex toy if you are so desperate go back to your sexy portugese girls or that purring little Avina for all I care because you know what I all ready have a lot of things messed up and I don't want to add another one to the ever increasing list." I turned around but before I could take a step forward, Edward took hold of my hand and turned me around to face him, and man he had that 'if looks could kill' expression,

"What the hell was that little outburst supposed to mean?" My god! The gal of the man it pissed me off.

"Exactly what I said. Now let go off me." I tried to free my hand but all the reaction I got was his more hardened grip.

"You know it wasn't anything like that and may I remind you that you were there with me in every step and you kissed me back quite enthusiastically, so am I to take that suddenly you enjoy kissing so much that you grab the chance." Whoa! Someone must turn the air conditioning on, this was war baby and I had all the wits in the world to win it.

"Yeah maybe I have a very good teacher in Nick and maybe I was imagining Nick while I was kissing you." As soon as the phrase came out I regretted it because suddenly a harsh look came in Edward's eyes and he jerked me towards him and I was too shocked to resist; his head came down and he kissed me with a brutal force that turned me on to the limit, I had never seen this much anger or force in him before and instead of being scared I was excited. He bit my bottom lip so hard that I gasped and as soon as my mouth opened his tongue thrust in with vicious force. I went all jelly and he pushed me into the wall all the while kissing me, his hands were roaming around my body, one of his hand went inside my top and lightly brushed my breast through the thin material of my bra and I groaned into his mouth, his hand went inside and he played with my nipple until it hardened to a point of pain and that's when he broke off the kiss,

"I bet you don't have Nick in your mind now." His voice was like silk but the words were like a bucket of icy water splashed into my face.

"So this was all to prove a point was it, very well you did it Edward and I have to say you did a hell of a good job because Nick was nowhere in my thoughts. But well I also have to tell you something." I took a deep breath I have never said this to him ever before.

"I hate you for this Edward I really do and I would prefer to die than kiss you or let you anywhere near me again. So it would do me a big favour if you would catch a plane tomorrow and go back because I don't want you here anymore. Get lost." I spit the last words at him and before he could say anything or see me brake down I ran to my bedroom and shut the door. I cried in the bed until sleep took over.

I woke up to notice that it was just four in the morning and I was hot and cheesy and all I wanted was a drink, but then I realised that Edward was somewhere out there. And I did not want to see him now but I was really desperate for a drink.

"Damn it." I cursed but still went out to my kitchen. I was happy that Edward had not come out and I poured myself a shot of neat vodka and drank it down in a gulp.

And wow that was the effect it had on me. I took hold of the bottle and the glass and I turned around to see Edward standing there looking at me.

He was looking so damn sexy, my eyes practically popped out but I was also getting a little horny seeing him like that, he was bare chested and was wearing a pair silk boxers. If he would have done that to seduce me I would no doubt have fallen in his arms, seeing him my heart took a double take and to slow it down I gulped down another dose of vodka and really it helped. Edward opened his mouth to say,

"Sammy, I ..." I raised my hand and did not let him finish, I did not want to listen to any of the shit he was going to throw at me but I also knew he was in my way and if I tried to walk past him he could stop me and if he touched me ... then only god could help me. But I knew I was brave enough to dare, so I tried to walk past him and he did stop me by holding my arm and that's when I realised how helpless I was my head was bend down and tears were forming in my eyes, he tugged at my hand and I looked up. I think my look did the trick because his hold loosened and I rushed to my room. I woke up by the sound of thumping on my door and I was really depressed and my head was pounding.

"Who is it?" I shouted.

"Edward, open this damn door or I swear I'll break it."

God he was angry. Really angry and it was amazing how this time I can get all the emotions out of him but I just woke up and I so did NOT want to listen to him shout at me.

"What's your problem?" I asked him.

"You open this door and I'll tell you." He shouted.

Wow I too was angry and I was really happy to realise that this was a challenge and I needed it and so what I did next was the devilish me.

"I'm so not opening the door Mr. Kiss-it-all so break away." I was feeling the heat and due to the drinking last night I was still a little bit boozed. For a minute there was a silence outside the door and I was really relieved, I slumped back into the bed and tried to sleep and just as I was on the verge of sleeping, when there was this large thud on the door,

I jumped off the bed.

"JESUS H. CHRIST." I was so so so angry with Edward, I opened the door. And I got more enraged when I saw Edward chuckling and it took all the strength in me to stop my hand from making contact with his face.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Standing there and making my life a living hell. I don't want you here I told you that last night so why are you still here?" I was sooo angry with him and I have never in my life been angry with him before this; it was like all the anger stored in me was bubbling out.

"I think you have forgotten that Matt has asked ME to be HIS best man." The way he emphasised me and his I practically fell over the edge.

"Ok so what does that have to do with me? Why are you still in my house? You have a house go there, I don't want you here." His eyes went blank. He too was angry and suddenly he turned around and went to his own room. I heard banging and I knew he was packing,

Edward too like me was a smart ass and I was dumb enough to say things to him. He was nevertheless the only family I was going to be left with. The thought of Melina again made be sad and I also had to go to the hospital and I was selfish enough to want him with me.

I went to his room, he had his back to me and I saw him throwing his clothes in his suitcase. Seeing him I wondered that we were never like this, we used to be happy with each other and now just in a day all our friendship was turning sore. I was never good at relationships and deep down I knew it was dangerous to let Edward come so near to me but I was greedy enough to be with him all the time. And now when I knew that in Portugal he had somebody else I was ... jealous yes I admit I was, but because I did not want to share him with anybody but I did not know if the rivers ran more deep. The thought of never seeing Edward again was like seeing Mel die and now both the things was hanging over my head. And I did not want any of the two things to happen. I knew I would cry in front of him and so I wanted to go out but before I could the sob caught me and I broke down.

"Don't do this to me Edward. I'm ... not ... that ... strong." God the tears took me then and I started crying.

"What am I doing to you Sammy, I did not do anything. I came out here to you after one call. I chased like a dog. Your precious Nick did not even return your call and I was here to help you. Damn it I left everything. And when I come here what do I get, I get your anger, your hatred, and I don't want it ok so shove it up your ass. Or better either shower you blessings on Nick and stop being a cry baby."

I flinched at his words and again I was angry really angry because he could not see what he was doing to me. And suddenly I wanted to tell him, I really did. I rubbed my hands over my eyes and went to stand in front of him. I was too close to him and I could even smell his after shave but I was past caring.

"I'll tell you then. I wake up one morning to meet a guy who I really like, who takes me to the best date of my life, who offers me tickets to my dream. Nick offered me tickets to a MANU match but I said no because I had promised my best friend that I'll see my first match with him. Then he disappears and I don't care much but then I receive a call that tells me about the woman I worshipped and loved like my own mother who died because she was a drug addict is in the hospital and when I go there the doctor tells me that she does not have much to live so I call my best friend and ask for support. He flies down to me and he supports me all right, but then he kisses me and insults me and kisses me again and what can I do? Respond back. That's what I do. Then when I insult back he abuses back and thinks that I see Nick in him. Which is not true." it took a lot of effort to continue.

"I have never been good in a relationship, I always do something bad. Maybe I'm some kind of bad luck in every ones life. But I want to ask you this. What do YOU want from me? Why did you fly down here in my one call? Why did you kiss me? Why?" I was getting on his skin I knew that. He was really struggling.

"Tell me, come on why?" I was getting restless.

"Because I care. That's why. I care damn it, I can't see you cry like this, I can't see you die inside. I want you to be happy that's why." I was really bowled over by this, and I don't know why but I crossed the distance between us and flung myself in his arms and he hugged me back and I knew he would stay.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch." I whispered.

"That's ok, Sammy, you are the only thing that I have in this world and I can't see you like this, I really ... care for you." The way he stopped after really I knew he was hiding something.

"Edward, I never told you this but my mommy died because of ... me." My voice was so low. But he heard me.

"No. no. why do you say that?" his grip tightened.

"My dad got fed up because indeed I was a cry baby and he was a business man, he could not take the sound of me and Matt cry, so he left us. My mum was devastated. And so she hated us both. That's why she turned to drugs and died like that. It was me, all me."

"I'm sorry I called you a cry baby but your mothers death was the overdose not you and choosing drugs was her decision, she could have chosen to live, but she chose death instead."

"But I and Matt loved her wasn't that enough why did she want dad? I always wondered that. But I guess you are right." He tipped my chin up and I thought he was going to kiss me; he did but gently on my forehead.

"You are staying, right?"

He took his time answering,

"Yes."

I was happy. For the first time after a long while.

"Thank you." I whispered to his neck. Then I let go off him and told him,

"We have to go to the hospital."

"Yes! Go get ready." I walked out of the room and then I and Edward went to the hospital. Once in the hospital I went to the doctor.

"Where have you been?" the doctor questioned and I froze.

"Is something wrong?" It was Edward who questioned.

"Melina is critical, we cannot do anything, and she want to meet you both and Mr. Nickholas too." Automatically Edwards arm came around my waist to support me and I gladly leaned into him.

"You are not gonna cry. You are brave. Do you hear me? For Melina." He whispered into my ear.

"I can't." I was going to breakdown like I did the time my mother died.

"Sammy, look at me." I was struggling but I raised my eyes to his.

"You are not going to let me down, do you hear me? WE are going to go in there together and we will face it together, if it's Melina's wish to meet us, then we are going in there. Ok?" He said these words slowly like trying to make a dumb person understand. But I couldn't understand really, because I was really shell shocked and was so not prepared to meet Melina for the last time.

"I can't Edward but I'm really not prepared. I'm not brave enough to see Melina for the ... last time."

"You don't know that. Sammy, don't do this. Don't. Let's go." He tucked me forward towards Mel's ward.

"I can't, I really can't. Please Edward don't do this to me. I can't go in there, I'm a coward, and I can't go in there."

I was crying I was already crying. I'm such a jerk. Edward pulled me into his arms.

"Please Sammy, don't cry, baby, nothings gonna happen, she will be just fine. Come on, sweetheart." He pulled me inside Melina's ward and I froze, I was ice all over. Melina was all pale and was looking like all the life was sucked out of her.

"Hey you two." Her voice was so stumpy I could hardly believe her voice.

"Hello, rosebud. How are we today?" Edward was so calm and soft while I was shaking all over.

"Well I don't know ... about we but ... I suck." She and Edward both chuckled and I got even more near to just go to her and cry my eyes out. Melina was mere, she was so delicate, I knew I couldn't stand there and sweet talk.

"Samantha ... are you all right?" Mel asked me that and it was funny.

"You are in a hospital bed Mel not me." I was not calm but I was cheeky.

"Can I talk to you baby?"

WHOA! I would not be able to talk to her, but I couldn't say no too.

"Sure" I said and went to sit next to her, Edward was behind me and his hands came down on my shoulders.

"Sammy, you know I'm gonna die." Edward tightened his grip and Melina took my hand.

"But you are like a daughter to me, in fact you are, my baby, I love you a lot ..." It was difficult for her to say anything and her heart beats were quickening.

"I think we should call the doctor..." I was getting up when Melina held my hand and said,

"No, I want to die now. This is the right time, and the right place." She was going to drift off.

"Melina you have to live for me. Please, damn it, let go off me!" She was gripping my hand with unbelievable force.

Her heart beats on the monitor were slowing gradually.

"Will you do something for me?" She asked me.

"Anything." I replied.

"Just be happy, don't cry or breakdown, it's my time to go but remember I always love you Samantha, unconditionally. And tell Nick that I love him too."

"I love you too, Melina." I said, she smiled and closed her eyes.

The heart beats lines went straight from the zic-zag pattern.

"Doctor, DOCTOR...." I flew out of the room to call the doctor he came back and examined Mel and then turned around and faced me and Edward.

"I'm sorry. She is no more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 299 43
redamancy: (n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full Dear Luke, I apologize for the existence of this fanfiction. Sam (a...
1.1K 7 16
It starts with you two being teenagers and goes from there. Hope you like it!
233K 11.9K 27
Sometimes people are just drawn to each other, no matter who they are and how they know them. It's chemistry and sometimes it can end as an experimen...
11.1K 78 20
18 year old Samantha Walsh and her best friend, Liam Payne, have known each other since first grade. They've both seen each other the happiest they'v...