Gamer Who? (BxB)

By Futzer

(BOYxBOY) Spencer's life isn't out of the ordinary. He has a Mom, basketball practice, games on the side, gu... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 27

2.9K 141 132
By Futzer

Imagine there's a D instead of M

°

Friday after school.

The sky had just a sprinkle of innocent clouds here and there. The sun was shining but the air wasn't quite on a summer level yet, we still have a few months until that.

My backpack had grown old. When I bought it, it looked so good. The sewing was perfect and after all these years of it carrying old books and still surviving I'm sure it deserves a gold star. But it could only survive for so long, on the side there was a small hole that grew bigger each day and the straps had trails of the thread sticking out, thread I was pulling on due to nervousness.

I currently stood with my feet close intact and eyes on a pretty average house. Black roof, white walls and a small lawn up front and probably back. A short white fence gave the house a perfect homey feel.

Although, there was something about this house that didn't make it so average.

Dominic sleeps there, he eats there, he showers there, he breathes there-

"Are you coming or are you going to keep admiring my house like it's some kind of horror museum display?" My train of thought was stopped by a rough laugh and a grin a few metres in front of me.

Just how long was I standing there? I cleared my throat awkwardly with a cough into my fist and made my way to the doorway. Dominic chuckled the whole way. Asshole.

I stepped in past Dominic and as soon as my feet went over the threshold I felt my whole body get surrounded by warmth. My nostrils had the pleasant experience of getting filled with the smell of wood and a combination of scented berry candles together.

Not exactly what I expected.

Wordlessly, I pressed off my sneakers and slipped out off my jacket. Dominic was only wearing a t-shirt today. On first glance he would seem pretty lean, he is but from behind it really looked like he had some muscle on him.

I was fixated on the way his shoulder blades moved when we were in the cramped hallway but then we stepped out into the open living room area and I had to rip my eyes of off the brunette's back.

There was a door to the kitchen to the left. The house seemed open, there were windows on the wall in front of me as large as multiple doors and you could look out. There was a fire place, the flames danced and sometimes a branch would snap when the heat snuck to its middle.

There was a sofa and a table covered in big, thick different coloured candles, all lit. A few were purple others were pink and some red. I didn't doubt they all had berry scents due to the the house's aroma.

"You look so shocked. Didn't think we'd have a decent house did you?" My starry eyes turned to look at my company of the evening. He was grinning like the douchebag he was and had one hand tucked into his jeans pocket. I sneered at him when I got myself together.

"Shut up." Those were my to go to words when I was nervous.

Which I was. Very much so.

"Nicky?" A female voice spoke. Before turning to look at the girl who was probably one of his sisters I mouthed, 'Nicky?' to Dominic with a taunting laugh nearly bubbling up my lips, Nicky  scrunched up his nose up at me and gave me a look of anger but all I saw was immense adorableness.

A tall brunette with eyes as blue as the sky itself came towards us with an apple on its way to her bare lips. It seems everyone in this family is gorgeous as I nearly choked on air when our eyes met.

"Who's this?" Almost instantly I noticed the way she talked was slightly different. The way Yoga Jones in Orange Is The New Black would speak. (No, I haven't watched it. Shut up.) Her tone was clear, low and she used her voice slowly.

"A friend." How specific. I gave Dominic a look and wondered why he didn't give her any details. He shrugged wordlessly as if sensing my stare even though he didn't look at me back.

He was just about to head for the staircase that was visible from here. It was wide but didn't seem very long. My feet moved on instinct and I began to follow, then I remembered the rudely treated girl standing by the kitchen door.

"I'm Spencer, 'the friend'." I heard Dominic scoff ahead of me. She gave me a smile as soft as a butterfly's fluttering wings.

"Maddison." I nodded and gave her a small wave before jogging my way towards Dominic who had already arrived to a door by the end of the hall. I glared at him a little. But just a little.

"I didn't take you as the rude sibling." He put his hand on the door handle. The door had a nail hammered in it, like something hung there before. Maybe a sign with his name?

He raised a brow, "I know you don't have siblings but surely you know we usually don't treat each other like royalty?" I was at a loss. What the hell does that mean?

He grinned and gave me an odd look. "That's how we always act around each other. If not, we're beating each other down." I gasped and entered behind him with my eyes wider than planets. How can you just beat a family member up, what the hell?

Apparently Dominic saw my expression. "Relax. It's not like we give each other a bloody nose. We just have a friendly fight is all, or not anymore though. That was more when we were kids. Now we just act like we hate each other but we actually don't. Get it?"

I just blinked. 

"Great." He sarcastically remarked and sat down on his bed. I stared at a glowing sign saying, 'CHILL' on his wall while sliding my backpack down from my shoulder.

It was strange being in this guy's room. A guy I met not that long ago and a guy who I like hopelessly. His turf was quite normal, it seemed like any boy's room. Except for the obvious cleanliness fact. I was genuinely surprised that it seemed like not a dust was near.

Not that I thought he would be some kind of messy psycho but I thought he'd at least have something out of order. It was even clean UNDER his bed. Who has it clean there?

"What're you doing?"

"Nothing." I said while standing up straight again after inspecting the bottom of his bed. He cocked a brow and I swear I saw his mind considering throwing me out.

Then I saw his computer, it was in front of his bed by the side. I kind of just gazed at it like it was from a faraway land. To think this is where he sat when we first met on that lonely three AM night. It tickled my stomach, it was surreal.

"Can you stop acting like some kind of pervert and get started?"

"Oh, y-yeah."

So we did.

And then we took a break after five minutes.

Dominic groaned like the whole world had suddenly been placed on his shoulders. His back met the bed with a soft thud as he flew back, the bed bounced and a pencil rolled away from the textbook and fell to the floor. I stared at the pen and nibbled on my lip.

This wasn't as 'sexy' as I imagined it would be. Not that I ever did.

"You know the test is in three days right?"

"Yeah...?"

"You're doomed."

"Can you really say that as my teacher for the moment?" I craned my neck to take a peek at my friend. Dominic looked at me like I just called him my boyfriend or something.

"You're struggling to do addition without counting on your fingers how the hell am I supposed to teach you complex equations?" I shrugged and turned my head to look at a very soft looking chair. I did this to hide my large amount of embarrassment. I never asked to be bad at mathematics. I just am.

Doesn't mean I want my crush knowing it. Ugh, why did I ever tell him? Why am I here? Why do I breath?

I rubbed my arm uncomfortably and pushed out the sounds of Dominic's groans to gaze out the window. It was then that I saw God himself.

I turned my neck 360 degrees and blubbered out in some weird accent.

"YOU HAVE A JACUZZI?!"

"Yes..?" Dominic's eyes stared at me as if I had grown two heads. I honestly didn't care in the moment. Because Dominic has a frickin' JACUZZI, I love those! I didn't care either that I placed my hands on his wrists and pulled him up, close to me if I might add.

My teeth were on full display yet I once again, did not care. I literally dragged Dominic out of his own house and sprinted to the jacuzzi with my heart flying in the air. My stomach twirled as I turned to him. He looked super weirded out but there was still a smile on his face.

My sudden sugar kick calmed down when I saw his sincere expression. I wasn't prepared for it, really. Usually he just laughs at my mistakes or groans at them. He either smirks or grins evilly.

Now he was just...Smiling. It was nice.

"You're going to fail-"

"Math can go die."

"Oookay, then." He chuckled and then began leading me inside again. I blinked and had yet to notice our skin to skin contact.

"Can't we go in?" I asked with big doe eyes. I haven't been in a jacuzzi in forever and it's seriously one of the best experiences I've ever had. What can I say, I'm a boy with simple needs.

"You want to go in with clothes?" He raised a brow at me over his shoulder. I chuckled awkwardly and tried to hide my blush, "Oh".

By now I had noticed our hands clasped together, but I didn't mention it and instead listened to my heart skipping. We arrived inside but I wasn't sure where we were going, only that Dominic searched a box with one hand. How can he not notice?

Or maybe he has.

"This one might fit you." He showed me a pair of green bathing shorts. They looked slightly smaller than the other pair he presumably picked out for himself. He was going for black. I hummed but I hardly gave them a glance. My eyes were on our hands.

Why isn't he letting go?

Why aren't I letting go?

He started walking to a room. I wasn't very focused, rather I was focused on the violent drumming in my head. My toes felt the need to curl as I felt my whole body squeeze. I wasn't sure if I was feeling amazing or horrible. It was probably a combination of both.

He locked the door behind him and then, let go.

We both acted like we hadn't just held hands for the past five minutes. The only evidence was the feeling of losing a huge amount of warmth around my fingers and the racing of my poor heart. My cheeks were also pretty flushed.

I cleared my throat and noticed we were in a bathroom.

"Let's... Change?" I said. I cursed myself a million times over inside my head for my awkwardness. I was so stiff I hardly recognised myself.

The brunette let out a soft hum and then looked at me. I felt my throat go dry from his stare and I turned around but not fully, I didn't want to make it to obvious. Then here comes the part that I forgot.

Changing in front of each other.

I thought we'd both be frozen up forever but Dominic said something under his breath being around the lines of, 'fuck it' but he might've said, 'suck it'. Neither were very pleasing to my dirty mind.

He grabbed the fabric of his shirt and all I had was a glimpse. Just a glimpse and I was a new person. I nearly choked on air when I saw the absolute godlike human body that I was currently sharing a room with. I swear, an artist of the finest kind have sculpted his body with their very own hands.

I stared at the floor due to the absolute mess my brain was in. I couldn't bare to look at him again although I doubt it's the last time that I do, since we're literally going to be bathing together soon. Without shirts.

Oh, my God what was I thinking?

I changed in the speed of lightning and soon enough I had my arms wrapped around my body. I blamed it on the 'cold' but in reality I was very uncomfortable showing my body in front of Dominic. I had no idea why, at the beach or public pool I couldn't give two fucks. My body looked nice too, thanks to all those runs and basketball practices.

However, with Dominic it was like having the whole world watching me.

When we got out it actually was very cold. My arms wrapped around me suddenly wasn't an excuse even Dominic had goosebumps. Our teeth cackled together as Dominic cursed about how stupid we are for bathing in January.

Oh, well it's a jacuzzi as soon as we're in we're good.

He ripped the cover off and we both hurried inside, almost slipping to our deaths. As soon as my toes felt the warmth of the water I was in heaven. I moaned and slipped inside until only my nose and eyes were visible.

Dominic snorted at me but I saw how relieved he looked when he got inside too. Don't judge me bastard.

"Are you happy now?" His comment was filled with abrasive sarcasm. I just pressed my eyes closed and was to blissful to be rude back.

"Very." I said honestly. I slowly swung my arms around under the warm water and just felt it, y'know?

He chuckled, "I haven't even turned on the bubbles yet." Just as he said that he clicked a button with his finger.

All of the sudden the water was alive. I giggled as I was sitting right on one of those blasters and I bounced up a bit. I moved to the side, closer to Dominic as I slipped even farther down into the waters. The way the bubbles moved against my frame was one of the most relaxing feelings and I couldn't stop smiling.

"I had no idea someone could like a jacuzzi this much." I opened one of my eyes to peer at my friend. He looked pretty blank despite just giving me a joke. I shrugged.

"They're nice. Don't you?" He shrugged too and turned to look at his garden. This was the most perfect scenery.

The sun had just begun to set. A vivid orange decorated the sky similar to a canvas. The darkness had just decided to enter by the other end and the wind was calm. The trees swayed here and there but other than that there was only silence. The bubbles also gave their fair share of sounds but still.

I stared at Dominic's profile. There were lights in the jacuzzi, making shadows cascade his face that I believed to be perfectly imperfect. His eyelashes had their own little shadow appearing on his eyelids. His hair was messy and some strands nearly met his eyeball. I wanted to move the locks away with my fingers and then touch his cheek...

Okay, no. This isn't good for my heart. I looked away to focus on something else. Anything, just so that I didn't have to stare at this heavenly angel beside me with literally only a pair of shorts on.

Fuck.

"Bet I can hold my breath longer." I said all in one go. Dominic swished his head in my direction and smirked.

"You're on."

"One, two..." We both began in sync. How we mixed our voices so perfectly on time together baffled me.

"Three!"

Splash. Our heads were under the water. I held a firm grip around my nose and had my eyes pressed shut. I couldn't help having this feeling that Dominic was looking at me so despite not liking having my eyes open underwater. I forced them to look.

It was blurry but I could still kind of see. My hunch was right on, Dominic with big brown eyes was looking at me with puffed up cheeks. He always seems so cool and tough with his jokes so now seeing him looking at me with big baby eyes and cheeks the size of balloons-

I just couldn't help myself.

It was like a demon had possessed my finger as it dashed through the water on its own accord and my index finger pressed against Dominic's right puffed up cheek. An army of bubbles was blown on my face and the feeling of someone's hand clasped around my wrist as we both went up for air. I more needed to laugh while Dominic literally lost all of his oxygen.

The first thing he said while I gasped, "THAT'S CHEATING!" I burst out laughing and whipped some of my wet hair in his face.

"I know!" He looked beyond furious the first second and then the next he also started laughing. Our cackles mixed together was one of the best songs I've ever listened to. Our loud sounds disturbed the silent neighbourhood yet we didn't care in the slightest.

Soon enough we were both gasping for air. Our bodies were so close but I chose not to notice. I started breathing heavily as I literally was going to laugh to death. Dominic seemed to be in a similar situation as I heard him wheeze. The sound was so ridiculous so I began laughing again.

We were just two teenage boys with bright futures, laughing for no reason in a bubbling jacuzzi in the middle of the cold January evening.

I didn't want to be anyone or anywhere else. It felt like home, right here with Dominic's forehead on mine and our breaths meeting each other.

When I opened my eyes fully again I saw that another pair had opened as well. Brown met green like the perfect combination of branch and leaf. The glorious forest pair. Our smiles had fallen, our laughs had been blown from existence. Now we just stared.

On the outside it would've been deemed as awkward, weird or something around those lines but for me, staring at his brown and blue eyes was the best thing I could be doing right now.

Or that's a lie, the best thing I could be doing right now was to kiss him. Not that I'd ever admit that.

A droplet ran down from Dominic's lock. There seemed to have been a timer on the bubbles because the water had calmed down, like the storm had just died. My mind was still a rushing hurricane but that's beside the point.

Neither one of us made any move to motion. The fingers around my wrist were on fire and my cheeks were as red as a tomato. It was like I was falling to a very happy death. I fell down into Dominic's deep eyes and he was the only one who could fall with me.

I forgot how to breath when he leaned in just a little closer.

Seconds felt like years and I was ready. I was ready for him to kiss me. I like him and that's been clear for a while now. Maybe he likes me too-

"We should get you home."

"Huh?" My eyes who had fluttered closed on instinct opened. They opened only to see Dominic swing his leg over the edge. What was that... Were we going to kiss? Am I going insane? Did I imagine all that, am I dreaming right now?

No... The racing of my heart made it clear that all that just happened. Or that all of that didn't happen. We were going to kiss! Then... Then Dominic just...

"Are you coming?"

"...Shut up."

My heart just sank five metres into the ground. My feet were heavy as I walked a good distance behind Dominic. I must've misunderstood...

Maybe we weren't going to kiss at all?

Okay, I'm no idiot that's bullshit. We definitely were and I'm sure Dominic knows that. So why didn't we? Maybe he isn't ready? Maybe he realised he doesn't actually like me? Maybe he's just confused? Maybe he needs more time? Maybe...Maybe... I don't know.

I didn't sleep much that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 190K 28
Everyone knows that Spencer and Ethan are definitely, irrefutably, wholeheartedly, totally, unconditionally, unquestionably, completely, entirely, ut...
33.9K 2.2K 28
Dane has always been Mr. Chill. His friends think of him as the centered, calm, even kind of guy. He plays the piano. Bakes on the weekends. Does...
What if... By SkyRyan16

General Fiction

66 3 16
This is the story of Matthew. He loves music, particularly Piano. He also likes guys, including his next door neighbor, who happens to be his best fr...
6.4K 241 40
[COMPLETED] Meet Jacob and Theodore, the polar opposites within a tight-knit circle of the most esteemed members of society. Jacob's the laid-back an...