METAMORPH ... k.mikaelson

By liIiths

Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And the... More

โœฐ PART ONE โœฐ
โœฐ ZERO - PROLOGUE โœฐ
โœฐ ONE - WATERCOLOUR SKIES โœฐ
โœฐ TWO - NOT-SO-WARM WELCOME โœฐ
โœฐ THREE - A LIL' BIT OF MAGIC โœฐ
โœฐ FOUR - ROMEO & JULIET REIMAGINED โœฐ
โœฐ FIVE - PARTY FEVER โœฐ
โœฐ SIX - LATIN GROCERY LIST โœฐ
โœฐ SEVEN - BAYOU TREKKERS โœฐ
โœฐ EIGHT - HIGH FEVERS โœฐ
โœฐ NINE - LOCK 'EM ALL AWAY โœฐ
โœฐ TEN - KINSHIP BETWEEN WITCHES โœฐ
โœฐ ELEVEN - KING WITH NO CROWN โœฐ
โœฐ TWELVE - CASKET GIRLS โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTEEN - THE FOUR STAGES โœฐ
โœฐ FOURTEEN - PAPA TUNDE'S BACK โœฐ
โœฐ FIFTEEN - WAKE ME UP (INSIDE) โœฐ
โœฐ SIXTEEN - TREASURE HUNT โœฐ
โœฐ SEVENTEEN - BABYSITTING THE DEVIL โœฐ
โœฐ EIGHTEEN - DIVINE INTERVENTION โœฐ
โœฐ NINETEEN - DRUNK IN LOVE โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY - SHE WAS THE MOON โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY ONE - INNOCENT BLOOD SHED โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY TWO - MIND-NUMBING TRICKS โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY THREE - PUTTING THE FUN IN FUNERAL โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY FOUR - THE BEGINNING OF THE END โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY FIVE - A NEW HOPE โœฐ
โœฐ PART TWO โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY SIX - HUSH LITTLE BABY โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY SEVEN - THE WORST HALLOWEEN EVER โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY EIGHT - TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD โœฐ
โœฐ TWENTY NINE - A NEW HATRED โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY - MAMA, JUST KILLED A MAN โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY ONE - ADDAMS FAMILY REUINION โœฐ๏ปฟ
โœฐ THIRTY TWO - THEIR CHANCES SUCK โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY THREE - HUNGRY, HUNGRY HIPPOS โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY FOUR - THE UNSUNG MONOLOGUEโœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY FIVE - PANIC! AT THE PIZZERIA โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY SIX - WATCH OUT, BABY GIRL โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY SEVEN - FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY EIGHT - SHOPPING, SHOPPING AND MORE...DEATH? โœฐ
โœฐ THIRTY NINE - THE FIRST DOMESTIC โœฐ
โœฐ FORTY - SAVE A SOUL FOR ME โœฐ
โœฐ FORTY ONE - DOGS, WITCHES AND BEER, OH MY โœฐ
โœฐ FORTY TWO - ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE โœฐ
โœฐ FORTY FOUR - MAGIC GIFTS FROM MAGIC BLOKES โœฐ
โœฐ FORTY FIVE - WHEN IS A DOOR NOT A DOOR? โœฐ
โœฐ FORTY SIX - WHEN IT IS AJAR โœฐ

โœฐ FORTY THREE - WAR (WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?) โœฐ

3.9K 138 48
By liIiths

" In a hotel room where demons play, they run around beneath our feet "

THE shutters were almost fully closed in the dining room because of Lena, who sat with a can of Red Bull cradled in her hands and her head sat against the table, letting out a quiet groan every so often. She and Rebekah had gone on a drinking spree the night before - Lena was too traumatised by almost dying to care about her 'no alcohol' rule - and now they were facing the consequences.

"Is something the matter, brother?" Klaus asked Elijah loudly, causing his girlfriend to let out another quiet groan as she raised her head slightly to take a sip of her Red Bull and noticed Elijah standing behind her. "Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?"

"Strangely enough, I'm not in a mimosa mood," replied the eldest brother, running a soothing hand over Lena's head, understanding that she really was not well. It was so sunny outside, and she loved the sun so her having the shutters closed was a true sign of her not being right.

"Fantastic," came Klaus' chipper voice. He was talking far too loudly for Lena's liking, and she had already told him off earlier about it. "More for me."

"Let's discuss strategy, shall we, Niklaus?" At least Elijah was trying to talk quieter for the sake of the very hungover witch. "Just wondering if you actually have one. We can begin with Mikael's ashes. Given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, would you care to tell me where they disappeared to?"

"Elijah," sighed out Klaus, causing Lena to place her chin on her crossed arms so she could watch him. He had finally put down his mimosa. She was sure it was his third that morning. "I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification and yet you ignore my efforts in favour of needless concerns!"

"Please shut up," groaned Lena, "you're talking too loudly."

"I agree," came Rebekah's equally as unamused voice as she entered the dining room, leaning on the back of Lena's chair. "Give me that," she ordered, diving for the cup of tea on the table. Lena took another swig of her Red Bull, glaring at the food laid out on the table in front of her.

"What's the matter?" teased Klaus, smirking at the two hungover witches. He had told Lena it wasn't a good idea to go out with Rebekah last night, but neither of them had listened and he had been forced to put them both to bed when they stumbled into the compound at three that morning, singing too loudly for anyone's good. "New witch body not up to last night's bender?"

"So, we had a few," replied Rebekah with a shrug, dropping into the chair beside Lena and sending her a tired and hungover smile. Lena couldn't bring herself to smile back. She really did not like getting drunk. "It's not every day you lose your father to the hands of your brother, again."

"Whoever said opportunity only knocks once, eh?" Klaus questioned, laughing. Loudly. Lena grabbed a bread roll sitting in basket in front of her and threw it at him. "Oh come on!" Klaus moaned, rubbing his forehead where the roll had hit him. "We all fled Mikael's tyranny together for centuries, I would've thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant!" complained the hybrid, throwing his hands in the air.

"Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be rather commendable, Niklaus," agreed Elijah, sitting himself down on the other side of Lena from Rebekah. The two witches looked at him, hardly being able to move their heavy heads. "Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with."

"You know--" Klaus was on his feet now, turned away from them to fill up his champagne glass with more mimosa. "--for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast you're proving quite the buzzkill."

"Well, Niklaus, if indeed anything has killed the 'buzz' as you say perhaps it was because murdering Father alienated the one person who truly knows how to defeat Dahlia," Elijah pointed out to his brother, who handed a can of Red Bull to him. Elijah stared down at it in confusion, before Klaus nodded to the dozing off Lena sitting with her head leaning against her crossed over arms. Elijah opened the can before replacing it with the empty one in her hands.

"If Freya wants to be a part of this family, she should be willing to accept us, warts and all."

"Is it too late to back out of this family?" Lena grumbled, gulping down the energy drink in her hands. Klaus sent her an unimpressed look when she sent the can back down and she only smiled sarcastically back at him.

"Elijah's right," cut in Rebekah, ignoring her adopted daughter. "Freya loved Mikael and you've likely ruined everything."

"Pity," spat the hybrid, sarcastically. "Whatever shall I do?"

"Whatever you please, apparently," shot back Elijah.

Klaus hit the table then, causing Lena to wince at the very loud nose. Maggie nudged the witch's leg with her head and she only scratched the dog's ear to tell her that she was okay. "Do not mistake my high spirits for lack of clarity," Klaus snapped at his brother. "I know full well the threat we face, and I intend to deal with it personally."

Lena and Rebekah shared a look but before any of them could say anything, Klaus was scraping his chair back, claiming that someone had arrived in the Abattoir that shouldn't have been there. He sped out of the room, his siblings hot on his heels. Lena and Maggie a little bit farther behind due to Lena not being used to hangovers and Maggie just being lazy.

"Josephine," Lena heard Elijah greet as she reached the Mikaelson siblings and the very old witch standing in the courtyard.

"Forgive me for calling so early, Elijah, but I've come bearing a message from your Aunt Dahlia." Lena and Rebekah shared another look, this one much more confused. Had Dahlia managed to gain the support of some of the New Orleans' witches? "She is owed a debt and she means to be paid."

"She can writhe in hell first," answered Klaus.

"For merely taking what your mother promised her?" shot back Josephine. Lena hated to admit that it was a good point. But they were not going to let Dahlia have Hope. Not now, not after everything they had done to protect her. Lena would rather die. "If you must harbour hatred, isn't it better spent on the one who traded your child away a thousand years ago? Blame Esther, if you must, but I seek only to fulfill a bargain. A bargain that consequently resulted in your very existence, if you'll excuse me excluding you Miss Ricci, perhaps you should be thanking me."

Lena gulped as Elijah stepped forward. This old witch was creepy, too creepy for her liking, and so she kneeled down beside her dog, wrapping her arms around the old girl and pulling her closer. Maggie snuggled into her as she watched Elijah's eyes narrow.

"Dahlia," he realised.

"My child--" she hummed, shaking her head at the vampire, "--I prefer Aunt Dahlia."

Rebekah's hand shot out then, latching onto Lena's shoulder quickly and securely. Lena's own hand came up, holding onto Rebekah's, squeezing it tightly to show that she was there for her best friend as Klaus stepped forward, past Elijah.

"You dare enter my home!" he seethed, spitting the words out angrily, like a wounded dog trying to take back what was his. Lena felt a rage surge through her. This woman had almost killed her.

"I only came for what is mine. The time has come to add the child's power to my own, though I do not detect her here. I see you've used a spell to cloak her. No matter, such spells will yield, as will you, say your farewells. You have till nightfall tomorrow and then the child shall be mine. Be a dear and inform the mother, no reason we can't be civilized about this."

Lena let out a shrill shriek as Klaus swept Josephine's head straight from her body with one swift punch. Her hand shot up to her mouth as the blood seeped from the woman and straight to her knees. She never got to hear Elijah and Rebekah reprimanding their brother as she ran from the courtyard to the nearest bathroom, bringing everything she had eaten and drank in the past twenty four hours up from her stomach.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

LAFAYETTE Cemetery. Lena had been in it way too often for it to be considered healthy, but there she was, walking arm in arm with Rebekah, feeling much better after getting rid of everything in her stomach earlier. They finally reached Freya, who seemed to be having a mini funeral for Mikael.

"Freya," Rebekah called out, squeezing Lena's arm as they got closer to the witch. "I am so sorry."

"About what?" asked the girl. "Certainly not our father, I alone mourn him as I alone loved him and now because of Klaus my father is taken from me once more."

Rebekah nodded, letting go of Lena to step closer to her sister. Lena shoved her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket, eyes trained on the sisters. "I never knew the man you're now mourning, he showed more tenderness to you yesterday than we have ever seen," Rebekah told her sister, sitting down beside her at the makeshift grave. "All I can recall is his terrible temper, his awful cruelty, especially to Klaus."

"That is not an excuse," Freya shot back.

"Isn't it?" countered Rebekah, cocking her head to the side. "He once used Lena to get to Klaus so that he could kill him, almost killing her in the process. He didn't even know her." Freya glanced up at Lena then, noticing the way she dropped her head at her own vicious memories of Mikael. She had paled slightly. "I know that Klaus can be infuriating, treacherous even, but there is no one better to have by your side against someone like Dahlia."

Freya pushed herself up to her feet then, turning her back on Rebekah and Lena. Rebekah glanced back at her best friend, urging her to help in the argument.

"Klaus wants Hope safe just as much as you want your freedom," Lena told the blonde, "we need to work together."

"How can you defend him?" Freya asked, her voice bitterly savage as she spun back around to glare at the two, spitting her words out like poison arrows. "I was abducted by Dahlia, spent years under her control and yet he acts as if I am the enemy. I have given you all every reason to trust me and still Klaus rejects me. In all honesty, I cannot understand why you would continue to trust him."

Freya started to walk off then, but before she could leave the two alone, she turn back around to address them. "You two and Elijah have a choice, from now on it's either Klaus or me."

Lena gulped as Rebekah squeezed her hand.

"I will always choose him," the younger witch whispered to her best friend. Rebekah nodded. She knew that was how it would be, but she couldn't be sure how she would choose. She loved Klaus with all her heart, he was her brother after all, but she was now beginning to love Freya, her sister. They needed both to win this fight.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

AFTER Lena had morphed the magic from Klaus' favourite magic-stopping manacles to the bracelet she had been wearing that morning and given it to Aiden to give to Hope, she found herself sitting in Klaus' art room, watching him paint.

The painting was all harsh lines and red splattered everywhere. Lena watched him, the way his eyebrows drew together when he concentrated, how his wrist flickered so delicately, how he bit down on his bottom lip when he swapped to a darker shade. There was something so fascinating about watching someone else paint.

But she was also getting annoyed. They had to do something, anything, to get rid of Dahlia and yet all Klaus was doing was painting. They didn't have the time. She also felt the weight of knowledge pressing down on her shoulders and the uneasiness of lying eating away at her. Aiden had told her that Hayley and Jackson were planning to leave at nightfall and that was why she had had to swap the magic from the manacles to the bracelet, so that there was a way to stop Hope's magic. But she couldn't tell Klaus and it made her feel sick knowing that he would be separated from his daughter once again.

"Maybe we should go for a walk," Lena finally called out, noticing the way that Maggie was itching to get some sunshine. "It will be good for Maggie and, also, it will probably do you a ton of good not obsessing over who to trust and who you're gonna murder next."

"I quite enjoy my obsessions, thank you very much," he shot back, bitter tone laced in his words. He turned back to his painting, slashing the red with the yellow paint in his hands. Lena let out a sigh, stepping past her dog.

Her hand ran up Klaus' back, finally smoothing over his shoulder and forcing him to turn around to face her. Her hand moved, cupping his cheek and he moved into the touch, looking almost deprived of the feeling.

"Talk to me," she whispered, voice almost thunderous in the eerie quiet of the art room.

"Let's go for that walk."

And so the two pulled on their leather jackets - of course, bought from the same shop - and made their way through the streets of New Orleans, taking turns in holding Maggie's tartan leash. They passed by artists sketching the most random things, photographers taking pictures of the architecture, writers jotting down ideas in notebooks, musicians earning money by playing beautiful music and dancers having the time of their life while people clapped for them. And they talked and it was beautiful.

"Have you ever thought about how hard this must've been for Freya, being raised by this woman?" asked Lena as they both ate lunch outside of some cafe, Maggie laying down at their feet, sipping contently from the bowl of water the waitress had given them. "I mean, you of all people should at least have some compassion for that."

"Yes, yes, poor Freya," moaned Klaus, throwing his head back in consternation, "but that's my point, exactly. I of all people know whether the parent raising you loves you or loathes you they still form who you are. After all this time, am I not Mikael's son? And therefore, is Freya not just as dangerous as Dahlia herself?"

Lena sighed, sipping on the cup of coffee she had just gotten refilled by the passing waitress, who had also stopped to pet Maggie. Everyone seemed to love the dog. Lena always felt a surge of happiness whenever someone smiled at the Scottish Deerhound.

"You do realise that you've been talking for about twenty minutes and that's the first time you've brought up Mikael?" she questioned, raising her eyebrows at her boyfriend over the rim of the white coffee mug in her hand.

"I see no reason to dwell on the deceased," shrugged off the blonde hybrid. Lena had had to do a lot of what she liked to call 'Cami thinking' while on her walk with Klaus. This was when she dove into the mind of Cami, trying to dig out the psychology notes that the blonde would have flying about her head while listening to this conversation. It came from months of talking to the bartender, whether in person or on the phone.

"You made an alliance with him, you fought beside him, and then you killed him," she pointed out. Lena was pretty sure Cami would file that in the cabinet in her mind titled 'Klaus' Daddy Issues'.

"Yes, for the second time, your point?" Klaus asked, realising what she was doing. It wasn't the first time Lena had tried to 'Cami' him. She tended to do a lot when she knew he needed to vent.

"You don't have any feelings about that?"

"My only feeling is a lingering sense of annoyance that he didn't stay dead the first time."

Lena rolled her eyes at him as she leant back in her chair, crossing one leg over the other. "I don't believe you, Mikael raised you."

"And I ended him." Lena cocked her head to the side. She decided to try her 'Cami look' then, the puppy dog eyes that were filled with sympathy, meaning to dig right under the skin of the person being analysed. It seemed to work. "After the first good day we ever had together, we actually made quite a team and just when it looked as though we might for once be allies I drove a stake through his heart."

"Because he said he loved Freya?" she asked, cradling the piping hot cup of coffee in her hands and allowing the steam to rise to her face. Klaus seemed to get caught in the simple beauty of her existence for a second before her words took notice in his brain.

"Or maybe it's just what I do," he waved off, folding his arms over his chest as he leant back in his chair. "Kill my enemies, sometimes my friends. I hope this doesn't come as a surprise to you, my love, but I'm not a terribly good person."

"No, Niklaus, but that doesn't make you a bad person either. I just wish you would see that," and with that, Lena threw a twenty dollar bill on the table, took a hold of Maggie's leash and left her boyfriend sitting there, staring at her retreating figure, deep in thought about the next piece to move on the chessboard.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

AIDEN and Josh were leaving, so Lena and Davina were going to see them off, both having a close bond to the pair of Romeo's. Night had fallen and despite Lena's anxieties she couldn't help but laugh at the teenage girl and the gay vampire standing beside her.

"Well, I promise we'll move somewhere cool so you guys will wanna come visit," Josh joked, causing the two girls to giggle as they moved down the street. They didn't want to say goodbye to Josh or Aiden. Lena loved them both so much. "Any preferences? Like uh, Berlin, Rio, Joburg?"

"You know I'd go anywhere to see you," Davina told her best friend, grinning brightly at him. Josh glanced over her head at Lena, who actually seemed to be thinking about it. His face fell a little until she began to laugh.

"I'm just kidding, as long as you and Aiden are happy, I will be visiting you every time I get a break from Mikaelson drama," she told him, causing both him and Davina to laugh again. This felt nice. It felt like they were three friends, walking through the streets, talking about visiting one another. It felt human and that's all they wanted to feel.

"I hate to leave with everything, you know, I feel like a jerk," Josh told them, shrugging a little. A teenager zoomed by on his skateboard, jamming out to whatever he was listening to though his headphones. He looked so alive and so free. Lena wished she could feel like that.

"No, no," sighed Davina, smiling to herself. "I'm glad for you guys. Really, I am, I... it'd be too depressing if one of us didn't get a happy ending, and, yes, we all know you're probably going to get married to Klaus one day--" Davina rolled her eyes at Lena as she spoke, causing the metamorphic witch to blush. "--but he's still Klaus."

Lena let out a breath of laughter but it was cut short as she noticed the figure in the alleyway. Davina and Josh stopped beside her, also noticing him. It was Aiden, bleeding, in the middle of a deserted alleyway. Josh dropped his bag as they rushed to his side.

A gasp escaped Lena's lips as she dropped to her knees, the tears rushing to her eyes. There was Aiden's heart, sitting right beside his body. Her hands came up to cover her mouth as the blood rushed to her ears. She felt dizzy. Not Aiden. Anybody but Aiden. Why Aiden?

"No!" Josh seemed to be screaming the word now as he turned his boyfriend onto his back. There were three long claw marks in his cheek. Had Jackson done this to him just because he had told him he had been working for Klaus? Josh tried to feed him his blood, but it wasn't working, not with his heart missing from his body. "Aiden?"

Josh sobbed and the sound jolted through Lena as she crawled over to him, pulling him into a bone shattering hug. Josh just pulled her closer, his tears soaking through her jacket. She whispered soothing words in his ear, rocking him back and forth, running her fingers through his hair. The tears spilled down her cheeks too.

She would have to tell Stacey.

"Phone Jackson," Lena mouthed to Davina, who nodded and pulled her phone out of her pocket. It only took seven minutes for the wolves to be pulling up in front of the alleyway. Lena heard Stacey's ear splitting scream as she dropped to her knees beside the truck at the sight of her best friend's body.

Jackson lifted up his beta, not even bothering to wipe away his tears as he laid him in the backseat. Lena left Josh in the loving care of Davina Claire as she hopped into the front seat beside the Alpha and his alive Beta, who were both crying as they dodged the other cars and careened down the streets in the old truck. Nobody said a word.

"KLAUS!" shouted Jackson as he entered the safe house, Aiden hoisted over his shoulder. Lena and Stacey followed him inside, as well as some of the werewolves who had been placed on safeguarding the house. Jackson shouted the hybrid's name again as he dropped his Beta and best friend - gently - onto the table. Klaus, Hayley and Elijah appeared from the next room.

"What happened?" Hayley asked them. Klaus met Lena's eyes over the body. She looked shaken up.

"Klaus made Aiden spy on us, instead he told me everything, so you killed him!" Jackson accused the Original Hybrid.

"No," gasped out Lena. Klaus may do evil things but he wouldn't kill Aiden. He knew that Lena and Aiden was close. He wouldn't do that. Klaus was silent. Lena's head shot up. Klaus was silent. Her mouth dropped open and her head began to swarm with the loving memories she had made with Klaus.

Maybe she had been wrong.

Maybe he was a bad person after all.

"You killed him, one of the wolves sworn to protect our daughter."

"So what if I did?" A sob escaped from Lena and she found herself having to grip onto the table to stop from falling. "This is what happens to anyone who dares cross me."

"Just give us the word, Jackson," Stacey growled to her Alpha, amber eyes narrowed at the hybrid standing across from them. Lena's sobs were shaky, but she too found herself glaring at her boyfriend.

If she even wanted to call him that anymore.

"Yes, come and have a go, but you'll be putting your life on the line for one who is all too willing to betray you, perhaps this never would have happened if he'd had a real Alpha."

"Hurt him," the words fell from Lena's lips without her even realising it. Klaus looked offended and as Lena made eye contact with him, she saw the absolute pain that swam in those blue irises at the thought of her even being okay with saying that. He didn't have time to react, as Jackson stepped forward, aiming a clean blow to the side of his head. Klaus staggered back a little but once he regained his posture, he pushed Jackson back into his pack. When Hayley ran forward, Klaus pushed her pack and that was enough for Elijah who ran forward, seperating his brother from the pack of werewolves hell bent on destroying him.

Lena stood at the table, clutching Aiden's lifeless hand tightly.

He didn't deserve to die.

"Do you wish to die?" Elijah asked Jackson. Hayley pushed Elijah away from her husband, glaring hotly at him.

"You wanna kill me too, Elijah?" she growled. The vampire looked hurt, but he shook it off as he made his way to stand beside his brother.

"If you come at him, you come at me."

Klaus smirked as his brother stood in front of him, protectively. "You lot should make better use of your time, I suggest burying your dead."

"GET OUT!" Hayley screamed.

"Niklaus, you mentioned a plan, I recommend you begin. Hayley and Hope are safe for the time being, they aren't going anywhere."

"Shan't be long," replied Klaus, smirking at the werewolves, "coming love?" he called out to his girlfriend.

"No, I'm going to go and find the only Mikaelson worth being around," she spat at him before she stormed out of the safe house, wrapping her arms around herself. She couldn't believe Klaus and she couldn't believe Elijah. Right now all she needed was Rebekah.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"MY brother's lost his bloody mind," groaned Rebekah after Lena explained what had happened. She was not sat in Marcel's loft, a cup of tea warming her hands and the dried tear stains causing her hair to stick to her cheeks. Rebekah sat beside her, arm curled around her in a comforting gesture.

"You really think those wolves are gonna fight to protect Hope now?" Marcel questioned.

"He ruins everything he touches," Rebekah moaned, pulling Lena closer to her. "Why did I ever let him get near you? Look what he's done to you, look at the pain he's caused you. Oh, Lena, I am so sorry."

The tears flooded Lena's eyes again as she allowed the empty mug to lay on the coffee table and Rebekah's arms to tighten around her. Lena ducked her head into the crook of Rebekah's neck, finding comfort in the familiar scent of her best friend.

"Marcel?" that was when Davina arrived. Lena looked up. Davina was crying just as badly as she was.

"We just heard," Marcel told her, glancing back at Lena and Rebekah cuddled up on his couch. The witch's hair had turned a stark black in grief. "Is Josh with you?"

"No," replied to younger witch, stepping further into the room. She was shaking. "When Jackson came to get Aiden's body he just took off."

"D I'm so sorry."

Marcel wrapped his arms around the teenage girl, allowing her to cry into his chest. That set Lena off too, and she found herself being wrapped up by her own best friend, ruining Rebekah's lovely shirt with her tear stains.

"I brought something for you," Lena heard Davina say and broke away from Rebekah to see her pull a dagger out of her bag. Was this the dagger she and Kol had been working on in order to get Klaus to sleep for centuries like he had done to his own siblings.

"Is that what I think it is?" asked Rebekah, getting to her feet. Lena followed her over to Marcel and Davina. Davina nodded. The dagger glinted gold in the low lighting of Marcel's apartment.

"The dagger Kol and I made. I want you to use it. I want you to put Klaus down."

Three of the four in the room looked at Lena. She was staring at the dagger. When she realised they were all staring at her, she gulped back the tears that were threatening to spill again. She couldn't get Aiden's dead body out of her mind.

"I'm stepping out," she felt the words fall out of her and it lifted a dead weight from her shoulders. "I don't want to be a part of this anymore."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

SHE wasn't sure why she was back there, but there she was storming into the compound, eyes stuck on Klaus' figure. He hadn't noticed her enter yet, not until Maggie let out a relieved bark to see her standing there. Klaus whipped around to see her and his face dropped.

"Lena--"

"Tell me you didn't do it."

"I told you who I was long before we got into this, love, you didn't believe me. You can't blame me for your disappointment."

"I wish I did believe you," she admitted to his retreating figure, watching him stop. "And you know what? Maybe you were right, maybe about everything. Even Freya! Maybe she's not what she seems, maybe she is out to get you and twisting everyone against you and maybe she is this terrible person. But you know what she didn't do, Klaus? She didn't just kill Aiden. She didn't just murder an innocent guy," Lena's voice cracked with emotion as the sobs raked through her body again. "She didn't just rip my friend's heart from his chest."

"NEITHER DID I!" roared the hybrid, spinning around to face his girlfriend. Lena felt the breath get caught in her throat at that. Her head was spinning, her ears buzzed. Klaus didn't kill Aiden. She had just spent the past hour hating him with every fibre of his being for no reason. She didn't just spend the past hour with Carlotta and the Altamura's making plans on how to get their revenge for Aiden when it wasn't even Klaus who had killed him.

"Why did you say that you did?"

"If I have spilled Crescent blood then Hayley will be forced to question her pack's loyalty to Hope and she will not run!" Klaus explained. He still didn't know that Lena knew that Hayley was going to run off with Hope and Jackson. He didn't know that she had given them the perfect aid in doing so.

"But if they don't protect her, then who--"

"ONLY I CAN SAVE HER AND I NEED THEM TO FEAR ME!"

"And I'm supposed to fear you too?" Lena asked, voice barely a whisper. Klaus blinked, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"It will be better for you if you did, for you to believe I am the monster they would paint me as and then one day, when all this was past, I might find you and profess my innocence, and because you're you, you would believe me--" Klaus hand came up to cup her cheek, his thumb rubbing away one of her tears. "--and we would pass a perfect afternoon in a corner cafe together, with Maggie and Hope, and I would wish for nothing more."

He dropped his hand from her cheek. "A better man would protect you with that lie, but I am not that man, so I leave you with the burden of a truth no one will believe." His lips were soft against hers and Lena got a sudden feeling of finality in the gentle pressure. When he stepped away from her, she understood what those tears in his eyes meant.

"I am not good for you Lena Ricci."

"Don't do this, not to me."

"I love you, but we cannot be together."

"Don't say that to me, Klaus, please."

"Lena. There is only one way that I can protect you. I cannot love you anymore, because it will just hurt you."

Lena pressed her lips together and let her head fall. She nodded. She knew Elijah and Rebekah were there, waiting in the shadows. One simple move and everything would be okay. One simple move and they could save the day.

"I will never stop loving you, Niklaus Mikaelson."

Klaus turned from her, right into the dagger that Elijah had help up. Klaus' face fell as he staggered back from his brother. Lena's hand covered her mouth again as she fought back sobs. Rebekah was quick to appear at her side, both of them being forced to receive the betrayed tears in Klaus' eyes as he fell to his knees. He turned grey and fell the floor once Freya appeared on the other side of Rebekah.

Outside the bells tolled with Dahlia's tune.

This was it. The start of the war. 

you have no idea how hard I am sobbing like wow 

also only three more episodes left and then season 2 is over, so three or four chapters left and Metamorph will be over. 

but dont worry, I'll start working on the sequel soon, it will be called Magicae, so look out for it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.2K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...
592 72 6
๐‘ผ๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’€๐’๐’– Scarlett and Elijah, more in love than ever, wanted to leave the United States to live in France, their plan is going...
413K 8.7K 39
เฟโ˜†*:ใƒป๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก โ”โ”โ” โ SHE HAS NO IDEA OF THE POWER THAT SHE HOLDS โž in which a sixteen-year-old girl contains power that she cannot cont...
21.3K 737 10
๐‘๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฑ ๐Š๐ฅ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐Œ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ยท ยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท๐–ฅธยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ยท Adeline had always been strong. Never letting her guard down. Nev...