The Mafia's Nanny

By mindsets

A love story about the peace that can be found in our darkest moments, and the people that can help us find i... More

Author's Note
Epilogue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
THANK YOU

Chapter 47

40.8K 970 275
By mindsets

Alessandro

My bare chest heaved as I watched her skin brush against mine. Her hands laying on my stomach peacefully.

My Queen was back in my arms. Every single shattered piece of my heart was slowly bringing itself back together at the thought of having her in my protection until my last breath. I'd never let her go ever again... never allow myself to survive without her.

Her lips peppered my chest and I ran my fingers through her brown locks of hair. I'd missed the softness of her kisses...

I'd missed her smile and the privilege of wiping away her tears. I'd missed her petite frame that managed to mould perfectly against my broad figure. I'd missed her sweet voice and the laughter that never failed to follow. I'd missed her kindness and compassion for me. I'd missed seeing her every morning and every night.

Damn, I'd missed every single fūcking thing about her.

"How have I lived without you for so long?" I whispered down at her, brushing my mouth against her ear.

Her head tilted upwards and her mouth spread into a smile. "I don't know."

I smirked and leaned down – allowing my lips to press against hers. Now that I had her back, I was determined to earn back all the kisses I lost being away from her.

Her mouth moved in sync with mine and I savoured the sweet taste of her kisses. She hummed against my mouth and I pulled away.

"Where did you stay?" She whispered with concern in her tone.

"I was safe," I chuckled briefly, moving my mouth towards hers again.

"No," Her voice was small and soft, her hand pressing on my chest. "I need to know everything..."

My heart warmed up. My angel definitely hasn't changed whilst I was away...

"I stayed with a family until I was completely stable. They gave me everything I needed and made sure I was safe." I explained to my frantic lady. Her eyes were soft with worry and I chuckled to myself, kissing her forehead.

"And they won't tell Antonio?"

"I didn't even tell them what happened or who I was," I told her honestly.

"But what if Antonio's men ask them if they've seen anyone like you?"

My eyebrows knitted together and I sighed.

"What if they come back and take you away again? What if they kill you? What if..."

"Eva," I whispered softly, caressing her face with my thumb as I cupped her jaw and forced her to lock eyes with me. "Stop."

Tears were forming in her gorgeous eyes and I couldn't stand the sight. I wiped away the tiny droplets and kissed her lips with passion – passion that I hoped would take away all the negativity inside of her. When I pulled away, she was breathless and still locking eyes with me.

"I'm here..." I whispered to her softly, holding her face and feeling her nose brushing against mine.

"B-But..."

"Shhh," I hushed with my head shaking lightly. "Just enjoy and let your mind free for once."

Eva closed her eyes and exhaled heavily. Her minty breath fanned over my face and I pressed my forehead against hers. I could practically hear her pounding heart against my chest... feel the nerves rushing through her veins. I'd only been back for a few hours and she was already worrying about me going again.

Her eyes opened and met mine. They were glassy and sparkling – their beauty endlessly making my heart race.

"Can we talk about our wedding?"

My heart exploded in my chest.

Of course we fūcking can.

"All night," I grinned widely at her sudden words. Eva smiled back and shuffled, placing both of her hands on my chest and gazing up at me. I'd almost forgot that we were engaged; all the pain had drowned out the positivity that still existed in my life.

"I want a big dress!" Eva exclaimed with one of her girly giggles following.

"You can have anything you want," I whispered honestly.

I'd give her the entire universe if I had the ability. She was my everything and all I wanted to do was make her the happiest woman on Earth.

"Arianna has missed you..." Eva whispered softly after a few moments of appreciation.

My princess.

I'd missed her little face so much. Eva had entered my life but Arianna would always have her reign over my heart. No matter how much she grows – I'll always want to protect her with my entire being.

"You've looked after her?" I asked Eva seriously.

"Of course," Her voice was gentle and filled with honesty. I didn't doubt even for a second that Eva would protect Arianna in the same way that I would.

"Alessandro..." Eva shuffled and sat up in bed, looking at me with glassy eyes. "I can't stop thinking about the same thing happening again..."

I sighed and held her closer. My Queen was fearful once again. It's as if no matter how much I protected her – she'd never be completely safe.

"Antonio is still out there.... he could come back at any time." Her tone hurt my heart. It ripped my chest apart to be reminded.

"He thinks I'm dead, Eva-"

"That's not the point." She interjected with seriousness dripping from her tone.

All I could do was exhale heavily. My heart just wanted to stay here forever with my family, believing that the universe would protect me from the possibilities of being caught again. But my head knew that Eva was right.

As long as Antonio was still around.... I wasn't safe.

And that wouldn't just fūck with my head; it would fūck with everyone that I loved too.

I couldn't bear the thought of hurting them again – especially not after the heartbreak they've faced within the past couple of months.

"I'll sort everything out, baby..." I whispered huskily against her ear. My fingers danced along her tanned skin and I kissed her forehead lovingly.

I could practically feel her heart beating against my chest. It was relentless and powerful, and caused my own to thunder along.

"I just don't want to lose you, Alessandro," Eva croaked out with her head pressed against my chest. "Not again..."

How could I possibly make this moment last forever?

"I promise, Eva," I spoke in a hushed tone with my fingers caressing her face gently. "You'll never lose me again."

Eva hummed absentmindedly but I could sense that she didn't completely believe my words – and I had to admit that I didn't either. Antonio needed to be destroyed for good in order for my family to be at peace.

The creaking of the bedroom door snapped me from my thoughts and Eva and I both sat up to see who had entered.

The moment I saw sparkling brown eyes and curly locks of hair that were bundled around her gorgeous face... my heart exploded in my chest and my body weakened with the amount of love rushing through my veins.

"Daddy..." Her voice was croaky and I could see droplets pouring from her large eyes.

I opened my arms and sat on the edge of the bed, trying to hold back my own tears for her sake. Arianna ran into my arms and I inhaled her sweet scent, feeling my shoulder being soaked by her uncontrollable tears.

"Oh bambina," I cried as I held her small frame against my chest.  I'd missed everything about my sweet princess; her voice, her eyes, her warmth as I held her.

"I've missed you, Daddy," Her hand moved up to wipe her glassy eyes as she pulled away from me and looked into my eyes.

"I've missed you too. I'm so sorry for leaving you...."

The hurt in her innocent eyes stabbed my heart over and over again... to know that I was the reason for her pain.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're back with me," Arianna whispered gently, taking me back into her embrace. Eva placed her hand on my back comfortingly and eventually joined our embrace.

My family was back together. Forever – or so I hoped.

Arianna climbed into bed with Eva and I.

I managed to hold both of them in my arms and my heart was whole as I felt their heads against my chest. I hoped that I'd be able to protect them and keep them safe for as long as I was breathing. They were my universe; I needed nothing but their love to keep me going.

We must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes – I had Arianna still laying on my chest but Eva was nowhere to be seen.

I looked around and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Arianna breathed softly and I tried my best to lay her down without waking her up. She looked so peaceful in her sleepy state.

I managed to climb out of bed successfully and the cold wood met my feet. Eva had her beauty products scattered on the dressing table which caused me to assume that she had gotten herself ready before leaving.

I walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind me – preventing Ari from waking up. The hallways were quiet but I could hear faint noises of chattering in the distance and I knew that the chattering was coming from the kitchen – Eva's beautiful laugh confirming my assumption.

God I'd missed her laugh.... how she'd smile widely and the sweetest giggle would fall from her lips. Especially when I was the reason behind it.

As I got closer to the kitchen – the conversational chattering became more clear. Rosie and Leah joined Eva at the coffee table, all of them turning to look at me when I made my way into the kitchen.

Rosie and Leah both smiled widely and ran over – wrapping their arms around me and laughing on my shoulder.

"God I've missed you," Rosie giggled into the crook of my neck. I embraced both of them and throaty laughter rumbled from my chest.

"I've missed you all too."

Eva was smiling at the scene before her eyes. When Leah and Rosie pulled away – I smiled at them and made my way over to where Eva was sitting.

"Left early?" I playfully asked as I looked down at her perfect features. My hands rested on the chair and I raised my eyebrow as I watched her smile and giggle.

"I decided to leave you and Ari to sleep. You both looked exhausted!"

All I could do was grin like an absolute fool. My Queen was back with me... was there anything better?

"Is Ari still sleeping?" Eva questioned curiously.

I nodded my head and hummed softly.

"Do you want anything?" Rosie inquired.

"I'm okay," I shook my head and gave her a brief smile over my shoulder.

And that's when I spotted four men standing in the doorway of the kitchen. They all had amused grins on their faces and I couldn't help but smile uncontrollably.

My pack had come to greet me after so long.

The four men that stood by my side through every single circumstance.

"Missed me?" I raised my eyebrow and pursed my lips at them.

"Nahhh!" They all mumbled with their heads shaking and smirks spread across their stupid faces.

We weren't men that liked to hug and show our adoration for one another but the love was there. It was thick in the air and anyone could sense the emotion – especially Eva.

"You guys aren't the same without one another," Her sweet voice chirped. "You're family."

I could grab her and kiss her right here. Her words made my heart ache with love that I never thought I could possess for a woman. She was everything I'd ever needed and damn.... I wanted to spend every single breathing moment with her by my side.

"Eva has been looking after us," Leon smirked her way.

"Of course!" Her response was quick and just as playful.

I chuckled and kissed her forehead lovingly. "I have no doubts."

Just before I could enjoy having all my family back – I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where's Gabriel?"

Vito motioned into the hallway. "In his office. He's sorting something out and then said he'll come down and see you."

"Sorting what, exactly?"

Vito shrugged and I hummed in confusion and curiosity.

"I'll go and see...."

I pulled away from Eva and made my way into the hallway – towards Gabriel's office.

When I eventually arrived there, I noticed him sitting at his desk with concentration plastered all over his face. Confusion swirled inside my head and I knocked softly on the door.

He immediately looked up and his mouth quirked into a cheeky grin. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"You insensitive bastard," I laughed loudly as I closed the door and walked towards him.

He smiled widely and watched me. He seemed to have paperwork scattered over his desk and files were opened up.

"What's all this?"

He looked down and exhaled heavily. " A plan."

"Plan for what?"

"To murder Antonio. I've thought about everything – from his daily schedule to those that work for him. I've managed to-"

"Wait," I stopped him with my hand gesturing in the air, causing him to halt his words and look up at me. "Don't you want me to help you? You can't exactly plan this by yourself."

"The earlier, the better," He shrugged and rested back in his seat.

"How long have you been planning?" I inquired with confusion still in my head – if not more than before.

"As soon as I found out that you were coming back..." He replied with calmness in his voice.

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes curiously.

"Antonio Rosso has destroyed our families. He's killed our loved ones and I can't stand to think about that bastard still breathing," Gabriel began to get angry. I could see the fire burning in his warm orbs; they were feisty and ready. "I want him finished for good. And as soon as I possibly can..."

That's something that I'd always adored about my best friend. He was ready for anything and his determination never failed. It was stronger than mine would ever be.

"So?" I raised my eyebrow with a smirk. "What's the plan?"

"I have information on all the right-hand men that work at his Estate. If we can somehow get all of them together, we'll be able to kill them and it'll leave Antonio on his own – or at least his strongest men won't be able to fight for him."

I nodded slowly and waited for Gabriel to continue.

"Antonio is weak without his backup. We'll easily be able to murder him... even in his sleep."

I'd thought about killing Antonio in his sleep before. It was the perfect state of unconsciousness that would allow me to do the deed without him having enough energy to fight back. But I'd always brushed it away as I wanted him to suffer a slow and painful death... one that he was completely awake to experience.

But I didn't have much of a choice anymore.

I needed him off the face of the Earth before he could hurt anyone else.

I needed him gone – no matter how it was done.

"Gun? Knife?"

"Gun. Through the head... one good shot and he's gone forever." Gabriel told me with power reigning over his words.

I smirked to myself.

Why had I never thought about this before?

The truth was, I wanted to torture Antonio.

I wanted to brutally murder him in the same way my loved ones had been torn from me. I wanted him to feel my pain.

But as I thought about it more and more.... Antonio being wiped from the universe was enough.

Not being able to torment my past. Not being able to threaten me. Not being able to remind me over and over again of what he's committed against me.

That was the greatest gift possible.

"How do we get all of his men together without any suspicion?" I questioned Gabriel curiously.

Gabriel inhaled sharply and rubbed his eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows immediately in confusion.

He was stressed.

"What?" I insisted with my eyebrow raising.

He rubbed his lips together and exhaled. "I have an idea but..... it puts my own in danger and the thought makes me sick."

He couldn't mean anything about Eva because he knew that I'd never allow her to go anywhere near the Estate again. And I knew that he didn't mean himself....

"Leah?" I spoke in a hushed tone. A surprised tone – to say the least.

He looked into my eyes and I saw the dread.

The doubt that he possessed for what might happen.

"You'd make her go into the Estate?"

"The thought makes my stomach churn but Leah is the perfect person. They don't know much about her and she could try and pretend that she was doing some research for her psychology," He explained. The plan sounded perfect but I knew that Gabriel had fear pumping through his veins.

He loved Leah more than anything in the world. She was the one woman that he'd always loved – the only woman he'd ever known that had captured his heart.

If he lost her – I couldn't imagine my best friend in the same way.

"Leah would do anything for me," Gabriel spoke with sensitivity in his tone. "And I know that she'd do this."

Watching him looking down with anxiety shadowing over him wasn't the best sight to behold.

"But you're scared of what might happen..." I finished what he couldn't say.

He nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. "Giovanni and Leah are the centre of my universe. I can't bear to lose either of them..."

I leaned on the edge of the desk and looked at Gabriel. "I'd never let anything happen to your wife. You know that. I'll have backup to protect her if she goes into the Estate."

He nodded slowly – wanting to completely trust me but still having fear pounding in his heart.

But there was nothing that I could say that would destroy that fear. It was something that was unbreakable and uncontrollable... paranoia that could drive someone insane. Gabriel would just have to accept the feeling until Leah was back safe and sound with him.

"I'll ask her," He nodded and sighed in defeat.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and raised my eyebrow sternly. "Don't feel like you're forced-"

"No, this was my idea," He interjected before I could finish my sentence.

I nodded and patted him on the back firmly.

I stepped back and turned around, looking over my shoulder. "Want some coffee?"

Gabriel shook his head and continued with the plan. "I'll be okay."

The hallways were quiet and calm. Just the way that I enjoyed them when I'd had chaos for too long. As I strolled down the hallways with confidence in my stride – I enjoyed seeing the surroundings.

This was truly home.

As I got to the kitchen – I noticed that Rosie was the only person left.

Her body was resting on the counter with coffee infront of her. Her eyes moved up to meet mine as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, trouble," I grinned widely at her.

Rosie gave me one of her lazy smiles and I chuckled. "How come you're the only one here?"

"Daily jobs. I've finished mine for today, really," She explained with the coffee meeting her lips.

"Have you missed me?" I smirked and leaned against the opposite side of the counter so that I was facing her.

Rosie looked at me and rolled her eyes playfully. "So much."

I laughed and smiled widely at the sarcasm I'd always known and adored. A few moments passed and I just admired her. The way she was always there, always ready for anything.

And then her mouth parted and she spoke softly.

"We've all missed you..."

My heart soared.

My family meant everything to me. I'd gladly take bullets and wounds for them. I'd gladly sacrifice everything just to keep them safe. It was the kind of love that made your heart pound and your head become dizzy.

And I knew in that moment.... looking at Rosie... that as soon as Antonio was dead...

I'd heal all the wounds that I'd caused.

And I'd fix all of their tainted hearts.

~

Hope you enjoyed my lovelies! Our King is back with us :)
I'm sorry about the late updates recently. I've had some writers block along with busy schedules. Please have patience with me, I promise I try and update as much as I can!
Let me know your thoughts.
Until next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 126K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
601K 39.2K 52
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1.4M 95.3K 187
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2.8M 40.1K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...