Paige (2/3)

By CeeCeePhiwe

I made my way to the kitchen as usual and opened the fridge and grabbed a drink. My mom was usually in here,p... More

•°1°•
°•2•°
°•3•°
•°4°•
°•5•°
•°6°•
•°7°•
•°8°•
°•9•°
•10•
•°Eleven°•
•13•
•°14•°
•°15•°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
Epilogue
New Book!! ❤️

•°12°•

47 11 0
By CeeCeePhiwe

"Sorry what?" I begged for them to repeat.

Caroline then walked over to me and sat me down so i could process the information.

"No. No! Dad would never do such a thing!" I shouted while i sprung to my feet.

"Paige calm down." said Amber trying to make me sit again.

I felt my eyes sting from this pain i was feeling, indicating that i would breakdown. "No!" I shouted while yanking my hand away from her. As i did this, she harshly bumped into the wall, more aggressive then i had intended.

After i had discovered that she was not harmed, the anger returned quicker then it left. I felt like i couldn't breathe, nothing was making sense, it was too hot. Too much. I then started running towards the woods, the tears now freely falling.

I kept running. I didn't know where i was running to but i just kept running. When i noticed that no one was following me i did feel relieved because i really didn't want to hurt anyone in this state, i couldn't even control my powers.

My powers.

The fact that i have powers confirmed what the twins had just told me.

Why would dad do such a thing? That was the only question on my mind right now.

All these thoughts were too much, so i gave up. I stopped running and just fell on the spot and just cried.

They warned me. They told me that i wouldn't handle it and here i am.

I just kept crying, finding it hard to come to terms with this truth. A snap of a tree brunch caught my attention and i instantly snapped my head up now on guard.

I looked around for the source of the sound but i couldn't find it, it was actually really dark outside and the fact that i was alone and didn't even know where i was terrified me.

I then decided i should at least start looking for my way back. I started walking, checking now and again for someone who might pounce on me.

I had been walking for ten minutes and everything still looked the same and I was starting to panic.

Way to go genius.

As i continued walking, i heard a sound at the back of me. I stopped walking to listen to it again but didn't hear the same sound again, instead i heard the sound of something charging towards me.

I didn't waste time. I immediately started running the opposite direction, my heart beating dangerously fast against my rib cage. I looked back to see the biggest werewolf ever. It was probably the same height as i was, but i didn't have time to analyse it as it was gaining on me.

Panic sunk in once again and i couldn't even think of a escape route if i didn't even know where i was. I ran until i felt a burn in my legs, and only stopped because i bumped into a figure.

I started fidgeting furiously in order for the figure to let go of me. It was shouting but i couldn't hear it.

"Paige!" he shouted.

I then stopped fighting and took a deep breath trying to calm down. I then took a step back and looked up at the person. "Taylor?" I asked while still panting.

"You okay? What are doing here?" I heard him ask.

"It was chasing me!" I quickly went behind him, remembering what had me panting this hard, pointing to the direction of the werewolf.

"What was chasing you?" he asked confused.

I then looked back and saw...completely nothing.

___

After looking like a complete idiot, Taylor then led the way back to the mansion and was greeted by his joyful mother who was, oh yeah my aunt.

Caroline had prepared dinner by the time we came back and when i walked into the dining room, she smiled brightly at me while setting the table.

I was surprised that she was still so nice to me even after i had just showed up at her house-unannounced-welcomed me with open arms, just so i can throw her sister into the wall and piss off her husband.

Alpha Ryan on the other side couldn't even bare to be in the same room as i was. He refused to eat supper with us and i didn't blame him to be honest, even i would be disgusted.

It was now well just after midnight and i couldn't sleep. How could I? Just imagining what kind of sickening things those poor girls were going through...

"Supernatural human trafficking."

So the girls were like...me? Not normal. Weird. Un-understandable. Just dangerous in every way possible.

I then left like my lungs were not getting any oxygen at all once again, and the burning tears rolling down my face didn't help either.

For an eighteen year old, you're really going through the most aren't you?

I then silently made my way downstairs to the kitchen as i did not want to wake anyone up. As i was going down i then heard people talking, talking in low voices yet i could hear everything crystal clear.

"Baby, please talk to me. You literally haven't said a word to me since i came up here." that was Caroline that much i knew, this must most probably be their room.

"I have nothing to say." he said coldly to her.

You really should make eavesdropping a talent or career you know.

"Is this about Paige coming here?"

"What else could it be about?!" He raised his voice a little louder.

"She's just a kid Ryan. A little broken girl who just found out that her father traffics people for a living!"

"Same shit. She's still that bastard's daughter." "Same fucker who took my sister." he added after a pause.

"I know that-"

"No! You don't know anything Caroline! You don't know how i am feeling. Im her older brother and all i had to do was protect her and i couldn't even do that. Do you have any fucken idea how im feeling? And im just here defenceless as ever! I've lost forty men trying to get her back and this Paige just shows up to my home and has the nerve, to say that she's a 'West' so proudly? Well sorry but that fucken bothers me."

After Ryan was done ranting i felt my breath start to shorten, and my heart, i don't think i have ever experienced such pain before. If a surgeon had to have a look at it, he'd see just how bruised up it is. He'd see all the little broken pieces, so small and so many, even he wouldn't know how to fix it.

"Fine. Then I'll just throw her out." said Caroline.

Well, no surprise there.

"I'll throw out the only family i have left. I'll just tell her to go live with that monster and his pretend family. I'll let her live with someone who isn't even her real mother, while her real mother can not even see her daughter, afraid of what will happen if she even remembers her past. If that will make you happy, then I'll get to it right now."

There was a short pause before Ryan spoke again.

"Baby wait." sigh. "Look I'm sorry, i didn't mean it like that. It's just...she is as beautiful as you are, but she looks so much like Scott. I can't stand to look at her. She just brings me too much pain. And i get that you still need to break things down to her and stuff but baby, you gotta understand that i can't even look at her without imagining Scott right in front of me."

"I do understand Ry, believe me i do. And it hurts to see the way she looks at you. She thinks you would rather be struck by lightening then to be even be near her-"

"Which is true." he said.

She sighs then says. "I know. But I can't leave her alone right now, and neither can i leave you. So please baby, just lend a helping hand, please?"

"I'll try." he said.

"That's all i ask. I promise you, we will find Katie, okay?"

He didn't respond, or maybe he did but i couldn't see it. After they had finished their conversation i decided to head back upstairs.

It was at that moment that i realised that there is no one on this good earth that i hated more than Scott West.

__________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 184K 35
"Let me put this very clear to you, because it looks like you're not fully understanding. I paid for you to be my wife, meaning as my wife you'll do...
14.9M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...
4.9K 259 42
"Don't go inside! Stay!" She said, holding her hand up to show me her palm and then I leaned over the balcony, resting my forearms on the railing to...
8.5M 249K 68
Valentina Matrix sold her virginity to the highest bidder. "She's twenty four and she's never been touched" the announcer yelled to the crowd out men...