Tyler Joseph x Reader

By blurry-fics

These are not related to one another in anyway, just a collection of random one shots! More

Black Coffee
Refrigerator Lights
Milkshakes
Nerf Wars
Crowded Rooms
Honeymoon
Valentine's Day
Distractions
Nightmare
Late Night
Loss
Late Delivery
Vows
If It Means A Lot To You
Milkshakes - Part Two
Wide Awake
Wide Awake - Part Two
Wide Awake - Part Three
Selfish
Shower
Heartbeat
Caught in the Middle
Halloween
Tea Party
Overwhelmed
Insecure
Worth It
There For You
There For You: Part Two
There For You: Part Three
New Year's Eve
I Could Use a Love Song
Better For You
Raindrops
Valentine's Day
Call It Off
Trench
December: Part One
December: Part Two
Tear In My Heart
Melody
First Kiss
Glowing Eyes
Taken By Sleep
Let It Out
Tipsy
Summer Storm
I'll Always Have Your Back
Don't Want The World To See Me
Sketches
Valentine's Day 2020
Between the Lines
English Class
Milkshakes: Part Three
Rainy Day
Accidental Surprise
The Letter
Milkshakes: Part Four
Come Hang Out
Odds
Cookies
Furry Friend
Tell Me We're Okay

First Date

1.1K 33 164
By blurry-fics

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1885

Author's Note: This goes along with the same story line from Vows & Worth It! It was also requested by @OhMyJosh_TatyTayandTy! Sorry that it took so long to get to, I wanted to get it right!

You stared down at your phone sitting on the coffee table as you nervously picked at your jeans. Tyler was supposed to be getting here at any moment and you were anxiously awaiting the text telling you that he was downstairs.

Your phone buzzed and you nearly jumped off the couch. You reached for it and scanned the message, but it only turned out to be one of your friends. The pit in your stomach immediately disappeared as you typed out a response.

Y/F/N: Excited for today?

Y/N: Are you kidding? I've been waiting for this date for months!

Just as you were about to lock your phone and toss it back onto the table, another text appeared at the top of your screen.

Tyler: I'm outside! I just hope I got the building right...

You bit down on your lip to keep from smiling too much and got off the couch. All of the stuff you needed was already sitting by the door, ready for you to grab and head straight downstairs. You took the stairs down two at a time, unwilling to wait for the slow elevator.

Tyler was standing outside the door, facing the street. His hands were buried deep in the pockets of his jeans.

"You haven't been here long, have you?" you asked as you stepped out the door.

He turned to face you, a smile already appearing on his face.

"Longer than I'd like to admit," he laughed, holding out his arms. "How have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"I've been good!" you said as he pulled you into a hug. "I'm excited to see you though."

"Tell me about it. I've been counting down the days until I had a break to finally take you on this date."

"Speaking of this date, are you going to tell me where we're going now?" you asked as he let go of you.

Tyler had been super secretive about where he was taking you on this date and it was killing you. He would give you hints every now and again, but you had still yet to piece together where you were going.

"You'll see," he grinned, taking hold of your hand and leading you down the sidewalk.

"Will you at least tell me how far away we have to walk?"

"Just to the car right now."

You groaned, but it was impossible to keep the smile off of your face. It really didn't matter where he was taking you; you were just happy to finally be spending time with Tyler.

You immediately checked the backseat for clues as soon as you hopped into the passenger seat of the car.

"Did you really think I was going to leave an obvious clue in the backseat?" Tyler laughed as he shut his door.

"I can hope," you smiled as you turned to him.

He started the car and pulled away from the curb. You tapped your fingers against your legs and tried to think of something interesting to ask him about.

"How long of a drive is it?" you asked.

"Not long," he answered, his eyes never leaving the road. You sighed and began to pick at your jeans, hoping that it would help take the edge off. Tyler reached over and placed a hand on your knee, "You're going to have fun, Y/N. Just relax."

You laughed nervously, "Sorry, I always get nervous about stuff like this. When you add in the fact that you're Tyler Joseph, it just makes me that much more nervous."

He smiled at that. "Trust me, I'm just as nervous as you."

That was hard for you to believe, but you decided there was no point in causing a debate about it. You took a deep breath and just tried to live in the moment. After all, it wasn't every day that you got to go on a date with a musician that you had admired for months.

Tyler pulled into a small parking lot about fifteen minutes after you left your apartment building. The two of you had spent most of the drive discussing things that you had yet to learn about one another: your favorite bands, hobbies you had, and any other random facts you could think of. It helped you keep your mind off of where Tyler was taking you.

"Is this it?" you asked as Tyler shut off the car.

"This is it."

You got out of the car and began to look around. Something about the area seemed familiar, although you couldn't quite put your finger on it. Tyler had walked around to the back of the car and was beginning to open the trunk. A picnic basket and blanket were shoved in the back among various pieces of music equipment.

"I knew I should have checked the trunk," you laughed.

Tyler smiled and handed you the picnic basket, "I was hoping the mess would deter you from doing that."

"I guess it worked."

"Alright, it's just a little bit more of a walk."

You fell into step with Tyler as he started down a nearby path. Sun was shining down between the leaves, casting shadows across the cement. It was a nice day and you were glad that you had the opportunity to spend it with Tyler.

The path eventually opened up to a large clearing. Dozens of other people were walking around, either enjoying the sunshine or spending time with their families. There were even a few dogs running around as their owners threw a ball around for them.

"Where do you want to sit?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know," you answered, unable to keep the smile off of your face. "This is beautiful, Tyler."

He was also smiling when you turned to look at him. "Here, let's go sit under that tree. That way we'll have some shade."

You helped Tyler set up the blanket before sitting down. He took the picnic basket from you and began to lay out all the food he had brought, which just so happened to be most of your favorites.

"So this is why you kept asking me what foods I liked last week," you smiled.

"Yeah, I'm not the best at being sneaky," he said as he pulled out drinks. "I really hope that you like the whole picnic idea. I know it isn't the most traditional first date."

"No, this is perfect! It's way better than dinner and a movie. How did you find this place, anyway?"

"I looked up the prettiest parks in this area," Tyler laughed.

You shook your head, "Of course you did."

"Hey, I'm not from around here. How was I supposed to know what parks looked the best?"

"Alright, you have a point."

"Honestly, I can hardly believe that we're on this date right now. When I saw you in the crowd for the first time, there was no way I thought I would be having a picnic in a park with you two months later. I just thought you were this gorgeous girl in the crowd that I would never have a chance to see again."

You knew you were probably blushing profusely, but you didn't care if Tyler saw. Just the thought of him thinking you were pretty was enough to make you giddy.

"If someone had told me before I walked into that venue that you would ask for my number by the end of the night, I would have told them that they were insane."

"And after jumping a fence, no less."

You began to giggle as you remembered what had happened that night. It was a rare occurrence that you told someone that story without them thinking that it was some kind of joke.

"That was crazy."

Tyler was looking at you with a smile on his face. It seemed a bit odd, so you raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sorry," he said, casting his gaze down towards the blanket. "You just have one of the prettiest laughs that I've ever heard."

You rolled your eyes, "I beg to differ, but thank you."

"Honestly!" he said, meeting your eyes once again. "It makes me want to keep telling jokes so that you'll laugh again."

This, of course, caused you to giggle again. Tyler smiled and tossed a grape into the air, only for it to hit his nose and bounce onto the blanket. You could hardly believe that this was your life and not some crazy dream that you would wake up from at any moment. It felt too good to be true.

"Was that date worth the two month wait?" Tyler asked as he pulled up to the curb in front of your building.

The sun was just beginning to set over the city. The two of you had sat in the park for hours, talking about life and any other topic that you could think of. It was easily one of the best first dates that you had ever been on.

"Definitely. Now I'm just sad that I'll have to wait another couple months for the next one."

"So you're admitting that you want to go on another date?" Tyler grinned.

"Well, I guess, only if you want to," you stammered, suddenly losing any ounce of confidence you had gained over the course of the date.

"Of course I want to."

You let out a sigh of relief, causing Tyler to laugh. "Is this goodbye for now?"

"Nah, I'll walk you to the building," he said as he shut off the car.

You hopped out onto the sidewalk and waited for Tyler to join you. His hands were dug deep in his pockets as he walked you to your door.

"Now it's goodbye for now?" you giggled, hoping to mask the disappointment in your tone.

"It is, but first I was hoping that I could get a goodnight kiss?"

Your heart immediately began to pound in your chest. "Um, yeah," you grinned.

Tyler reached forward and placed a hand on the side of your face. It was hard not to giggle nervously as he looked at you and slowly moved closer. You closed your eyes and allowed his hand to guide you towards him. His lips met yours and suddenly it was like you were the only two people on the sidewalk. Nothing else around you mattered.

"Woah," you said when he finally pulled away.

He grinned, "Yeah."

"Could I, maybe, get one more of those?" you said, pulling him towards you again.

He gave you one more kiss before finally letting go of you.

"You just keep making it harder for me to leave," he smiled.

"And you're making it harder for me to let you leave."

"I'll be back before you know it," he said, starting to walk backwards.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too."

"I'll be in touch."

"You better!" you called as he got into his car.

He started the engine and waved to you through the passenger window. You smiled and waved back, even though he was more focused on pulling out into the road. Once his car was finally out of sight, you turned and walked back into your building.

The wait had definitely been worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415 10 1
i do not own this, all credits the the owner. if you're easily triggered, please don't read this. if you're not, hope you enjoy reading this!
35.8K 932 17
just random one shots I thought of.
25 0 5
Tyler Joseph x Reader (One Shots) This is all purely fictional and I mean no offense to any real people mentioned in this story. I will try to inclu...
97.3K 3.2K 45
one of those lowercase intended things completed!