That Smile (Dave East Fanfict...

By DaveIsFave

Faith and Dave both want a relationship, but aren't eager in taking that step with anyone. Faith feels she is... More

Introduction
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
That Smile II Is Up!

Nine.

38.5K 1.3K 359
By DaveIsFave

Faith's POV

"Back to the city," I mumbled to myself, walking into LAX airport to check in for my flight back to New York.

I completed my summer internship and have a job opportunity already after I graduate in December. God is good!

Since Dave and I's first date we have talked non stop. Whether it's on the phone, texting, or FaceTime, we've found the time to talk to each other. We haven't had the time to physically see each other much. With me wrapping up the internship and him traveling to do shows and his music, we couldn't find time to meet up. Which is fine. We both understand that the other is busy at times. We're not dating anyway so it's cool.

It's currently 4:30....in the morning. Yes it is early, but I'd rather take an early, nonstop flight, than a late flight with stops. Plus there's not too, too many people here. It's late/early so most would avoid these flights. Once I got situated and went through security I waited until my flight was called.

With this flight you're able to pick where you want to sit. I'm heading to the back. I wanna be in the cut. I'm really hoping that whoever sits beside me doesn't bother me. Just let me be at peace during this flight. Please. That's all I ask of you.

Me being nosy, I lift my head to see over the seat in front of me to see possible seat mates for this ride. An older white man sits in the outside seat. Cool. Maybe with him doing that, no one would want to sit in between us. Good looking my guy. Squinting my eyes I see Dave. Yo what in the world?! I mean I don't mind, but come on now. This is wild. Why I keep running into this nigga?

I quickly duck down, hoping he didn't see me, even though I low key hope he did so he can sit with me. What? I don't want to make it too easy for this man. He gone have to work for it.

"Let me squeeze by you my man," I hear David tell the man. My stomach is full of butterflies and a warm feeling right now.

"Dave? Oh hey! Funny seeing you here. How've you been?" I pretend to be surprised.

"We were just texting 10 minuets ago. We both know you saw me walking this way." He said once he sat down.

"I mean it was worth a shot to pretend," I smile looking at him.

He pulls me into a hug. "I missed you," he mumbled into my neck.

"I missed you too" I told him honestly. I did miss him. A lot. I enjoy being in his presence. I enjoy his attention. I enjoy everything about him.

"Switch seats with me," He slid in. I pull away giving him an amused face.

"Oh no sir. You wanted to sit with me. Not the other way around." I tell him sitting back, facing towards him with my arms folded, with a smirk.

"Come on. I know you wanted me to sit with you. I'm a nigga. I don't want to be sittin close to another man." He told me in all seriousness.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed in disbelief. "Oh get over yourself. Not every man is gay and not every man is looking to take your masculinity. That's unattractive and corny." I tell him truthfully. That's something that gets on my nerves. You can be a hood nigga, but you don't have to be a dick. I find things like that just plain rude. This elderly man isn't even thinking about Dave. I motioned for him to get up so we could switch.

Once I buckle my seatbelt for takeoff, I throw my earbuds in and blast music. I don't even want to talk to him right now. Like that was really uncalled for. Just ask to switch seats. I don't need the extras.

An hour into our flight I feel my phone vibrate. Looking down I see a text from this negro. I don't even check his message and put my phone back down. I hope he saw that too. A couple of seconds later I feel it vibrate again. Then again. Getting annoyed I turn my head and give him an annoyed look. As if to say chill and leave me alone. He still texted me again. Sighing I finally look down at my phone.

David.

Faith

Faith

Baby

Baby talk to me. I'm sorry
if I made you mad.

Can you stop? 😒

Talk to me 😩 I'm sorry

I just find that corny asf. That man is not worried about you. All you had to
do was ask to switch seats.
I didn't need all the extras. I wanted my window seat too negro! 😤

I mean you can always
have the best seat
on this whole plane. 😛

I put my phone down and looked over at him. He stuck is tongue out and gave me a goofy face.

"I freaking hate you," I nudged his shoulder laughing at him.

"No you don't," he wrapped his long arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. "I'm sorry." He mumbled in my ear. "You forgive me?" He continued.

He made me shiver with that one. I'm feeling real Ella Mai Boo'd Up right now.

"Mhm" I replied.

"Nah. I need to hear you. Do you forgive me?"

"Yes David I forgive you. Move now." I tried to shrug him off.

"Chill. Damn. You doing too much."

I went ahead and chilled my ass out. I huffed and relaxed in his embrace.

"Why you ain't tell me you were getting on this flight?" I asked him.

"I wanted to surprise you. I know we haven't been able to chill since our date and I know you understand, but I still feel bad. I was looking forward to spending some more time with you. Then you told me you were heading back to New York and I was also done with business in LA so I got the same flight as you." He looked down at me and said.

Awwwww David! That's so cute. He really missed me just as much as I missed him.

"Awww you really missed little ole me? Precious." I smiled

"I did," he looked in my eyes. "You know what else I missed?" I raised my eyebrows as if saying what. "Them lips."

"Oh please," I laughed. "We only kissed once. How you miss em?" I questioned, amused.

"I still remember how they felt on mine though. I miss the feeling." He shrugged.

"Mm. That's nice." I chuckled. Okay? I'm still not going to kiss you. He really feening.

He smacked his lips and turned towards the window, taking his arm from around me. "Maaan whatever."

"Really David? I'm just joking. Grow up." I looked at him still laughing.

He still didn't look over at me. I started to rub the back of his neck. Then massaging his scalp. He peeked over at me. A few seconds later he laid his head on my shoulder with me still playing in his hair. I kissed his forehead. He mugged me because that's not where he wanted my lips, but uhh homeboy. You better take what I give you.

Eventually he fell asleep from me playing in his hair. He's such a big baby. I went to sleep shortly after he did.
————————
Dave's POV

"David. David. Come on now. Get up. We're about to land," I heard Faith say as she shook me awake.

I did a little stretch, waking the rest of my body up. "Damn. I slept the rest of the flight? That's wild."

"Yeah your big head was all up in my space," Faith said rolling her eyes, jokingly.

"Whatever lil girl. Nobody told you to run your fingers through my hair. I do appreciate it though."

"Yeah you seemed really tired so I didn't bother you. When's the last time you got some proper sleep?" She questioned in a concerned matter.

"If I'm being honest. When I stayed over your place."

She looked shocked, but tried to mask it. "Oh dang. It was probably them hotel beds. You know they feel nothing like a cozy bed," she nervously chuckled.

"I didn't stay in a hotel."

The flight attendant telling us that we landed interrupted our conversation, but we couldn't get off right away so we had a little time.

"Where you going after this?" I asked her to see if we could chill.

"Home? Where else would I be going?" Her sarcastic ass replied.

"Watch that tone," she interrupted me.

"Boy bye. I'm grown. Why you want to know where I'm going?"

"I'm trynna get an invite over." I shrugged.

"Don't you want to go home and freshen up? Relax?"

"I can do all of that at your place. I got clothes."

"You may now exit the plane. Have a great rest of the day and thank you for flying Delta." The flight attendant dismissed the plane.

"I'll send you my address." Faith told me before she stepped in the aisle leaving me behind.

Faith's very adamant about not being seen in public with me. Which lets me know that she's serious about just getting to know me and she isn't interested in the fame.

Walking towards baggage claim, I see Faith standing there waiting for her bags. I want to go over there and show some PDA, help her with her bags and lead her to my car, but I can't. Not yet, at least.

Once I got all of my bags and the rest of my people got theirs, we headed outside where my driver was waiting, along with some paparazzi. Ahead of us I see my crush getting into the car that picked up and leave. Yeah I said crush. I definitely have a thing for Faith. She's going slower than most women I've come in contact with, but, surprisingly, I'm okay with that. I think she's worth the wait.

After dropping my people off where they need to be, I told my driver to head to my house so I could get my car. When I got home I showered real quick and then headed to the address Faith sent me after her calling me a creep because she caught me staring at her at the airport.

Knocking, I waited a few seconds before she came and answered the door. Once she turned around from locking the door I scooped her up in a tight hug. We stayed like that for a little bit until I walked her backwards with my arms still around her waist and hers around my neck. Sitting down on the couch I sit her on my lap.

"Got a nice lil place here." I looked around her living room placing my hand on her thigh.

"You think so? Thanks," she looked around as well. "You really missed me huh?" She looked at me with a cocky smirk. "That was a nice hug you gave me."

"Hell yeah. I mean I already told you I did on the plane. I couldn't really show you how much I did on the flight, but I can now." I put my face in her neck and kissed it a couple of times.

Her breathing started to get choppy and she started to move around in my lap, which wasn't a good idea since I am a man. A man who hasn't been shown any attention. Despite what most think of how rappers are, I don't get down like that. I don't go around just fuckin anybody. I'm also not going to lie and say I haven't had my dick wet, because then I'd be lying. I haven't gotten any play in about two weeks though. I haven't had time.....and I may have been thinking about Faith. Maybe.

She moved my head from her neck and started kissing me. She kissed me. We were going at it. Tongue and all. I gripped her thighs and changed her position into straddling. She placed her hands on both sides of my face and slowed the kiss down. Yo not gone lie. I'm bout ready to take her down on this couch, but I know she wouldn't allow that to go down.

Someone clearing their throat caused Faith to jump off of my lap. Her best friend, Nyasia. "Mm. I see you bitch. Hey Dave," She smirked and laughed, laying down on the chaise. "You're sitting on my blanket." She reached her hand over to receive her blanket from me and relaxed, flipping the channel on the tv.

I've never seen Faith so flustered and embarrassed. Her cheeks were visibly red and she was kind of stuck.

"Um Dave let's go to my room," She finally spoke, getting up from the couch and leading me to her room.

"Use a condom!" Nyasia yelled from the living room.

"Oh my gosh." Faith sped walked to her room and quickly shut the door behind me. "I am so sorry about that. You can sit on my bed." She said, avoiding eye contact with me.

I pulled her over to me so that she was standing between my open legs, interlocking our fingers. "Nah don't even start that shit. We not about to repeat LA." I told her seriously. We both grown. Let's not play these little kid games.

"What are you talking about?" She scrunched her eyebrows.

"That shy, awkward thing you do after we get too close. To be specific, after we kiss. Chill out. You good. I enjoy kissin you, bein near you, touchin you. Allat." I told her all of that while looking into her eyes. I want to see what we're doing, where we're going, and if this possibly turn into a relationship. I can't tell right now, but the chemistry is there between the two of us.

She looked down with a small smile. "You're right. I'm sorry. Like I told you back in LA, you're the first guy that has taken a liking to me so this is all very new to me," She looked down again before looking back into my eyes. "But I'm willing to experience this new page in my book with you." We both smiled at each other.

"Yo what are you doing to me," she chuckled and put her face in the crook of my neck with my hands resting the back of her thighs. "You got me all mushy and actually beginning to feel for someone else. This is wild."

"I've been in a relationship and I'm feelin the same way you are. Like this is my first experience wit a girl. So the question should be what are YOU doing to ME." I turned it back around on her. I'm honestly feeling the same way she is.

"Or maybe we should just ask what are we doing to each other? That way we don't have to direct it specifically to one another. Yeah. Let's go with that." Faith goofily said and yawned at the same time.

"You tired baby?"

"Yeah. I need a nap. This time difference is something." She mumbled.

I pulled her on top of me and I laid us straight back onto the bed for a minute before she wanted to get under the covers. She turned her tv on and played something low just to have sound.

"Do you have to get going?" She mumbled while laying on my chest.

"Nah not right away. I can lay witchu until you fall asleep. I'll have to get going once you do though."

She kind of whined, but nonetheless accepted the little time we got and do have to spend with each other. I wrapped my arms around her from behind and she eventually went to sleep twenty minutes later. I slowly unwrapped my arm from around her gathered my things.

"Bye baby." I whispered and leaned over to kiss her forehead. Then I left out of her apartment.
~~~~~~~
I think I'm going to start writing the text messages like this. I like the lay out and how other authors do it on here. Anyways I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.4K 84
It's been six years since Dave and Faith ended their relationship. Will they ever get back on the same page? Will they both have that smile in the en...
5.5K 246 17
on the road to success, it can be easy to gain tunnel vision, but what about the little things in life? real love wasn't something easy to come by fo...
97.9K 5.1K 33
Forever~ As in permanently, for all time Mature Content
164K 6.3K 34
Uchemba aka Chi didn't grow up with a silver spoon nor a perfect family. From an Abusive father and a drugged addicted mother she knew that wasn't th...