OBSESSED

By badroommate

BOOK ONE of the Falling for a Muller series -(-)- her heart is on the mend, but his eyes are already set on h... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
sequel

6

76.8K 1.9K 262
By badroommate

JARROD

Each passing day seemed to drag slower and slower.

I sighed at the blinking computer monitor. Grabbing my phone from the desk, I opened my contact book and scrolled to the recently added contact in my phone.

I told myself it was no big deal. I had other patients' phone numbers saved in my phone. None of them were women I contemplated texting at all hours of the day, though.

I must have drafted 10 text messages to Leah just in the last few hours. I could never bring myself to send it, though.

How are you feeling?

What are you up to?

Are those ribs feeling any better?

Do I need to check them again? Should I go ahead and conduct a full body exam while I'm at it?

Okay, obviously, that one wasn't happening.

She probably wasn't even interested in me. Maybe she was just nervous around everyone like that. I overheard her speaking with a nurse earlier, though, and she sounded completely calm.

I knew I just needed to let it go. She was just my patient. So why couldn't I get her out of my mind?

I hadn't gone one night without stroking myself out to the thought of her in my office, spread out on a table, or bent over my desk.

Before her, months passed when I could have cared less if I got off or not. I stayed busy with work, the gym, and catching up with my buddies over a few beers.

Now? My cock was a steel fucking rod any time I thought about her.

I set my phone down and then compulsively checked my watch for the time. She was probably checking in at the front right now.

Saving the patient record on my screen, I tucked my tablet under my arm and poked my head out of my office.

A familiar angelic voice carried down the hallway. "How are you? Oh, me too. It's been a crazy week. Yeah, totally. Did you see those storm clouds rolling in?"

My face almost hurt from smiling so hard. The sound of approaching footsteps sent me scurrying back into my office.

Leah passed my door as she followed a nurse aide to an empty exam room.

My pulse hammered away in my temples. I felt like a school kid spying on his crush. This was exciting but a little embarrassing too.

I never felt like this before seeing someone. Not even when I was dating my ex, Tiffany, did it feel this exhilarating.

"Dr. Muller?"

I straightened and opened the door to greet the nurse aide. "Lisa."

The young woman smiled, batting her eyelashes up at me. "Hi, doc. Your noon patient is ready for you."

"Thank you."

"Holler if you need a hand with anything," she said, winking before she walked out.

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled to myself. The girl wasn't even old enough to legally drink alcohol.

I wasn't smug about it, but women often went out of their way to get my attention. Even when they didn't think I noticed, I did.

Women didn't do that back when I wore glasses and before I stepped into the gym. I still wasn't used to women glancing twice my way.

I shook off the encounter and focused on cooling my nerves. My stomach swarmed with nerves.

Brushing invisible lint from my uniform, I exited my office and walked down to Leah's exam room.

I bit my lip to suppress some of the anticipation coursing through me. I couldn't wait to see her, listen to her soft voice, feel her warm touch, smell her perfume.

After I knocked, I let myself into the room. All the air fled my lungs as the exam table came into view.

Leah sat on the table in a pencil skirt and fitted blue blouse. Her blonde hair was straightened and pinned to her face. The thin strip of eyeliner emphasized the roundness of her gorgeous hazel eyes. Her cheeks reddened as our eyes locked.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Muller."

"How are you, Leah?" I asked cheerfully.

Without looking away from her, I rolled the stool over to the table and settled on it.

"I'm fine," she said. "And you?"

"I'm wonderful. Thanks for asking." I scooted the stool closer and peered up at her.

She nibbled on her lip and broke eye contact. She was nervous.

Because of me? That thought sent a delighted shock through my system.

"How are your injuries healing up?" I asked.

"My ribs aren't tender anymore. They're more of a yellow color now. And the bump on my head is gone."

"That sounds like great progress. Mind if I take a look?"

She visibly swallowed. "Not at all."

I rose from the stool and set my laptop to the side. She kept her gaze lowered as I reached toward her.

"May I?" I asked.

Nodding, she gingerly lifted her blouse. So ladylike.

She pulled it up until I could see the underwire of her black satin bra.

My jaw clenched. Blood pulsed through my body to unwelcome areas. I pushed a breath through my nostrils and forced myself to focus on her injury area.

While I lightly probed her ribs to check for swelling, I said, "So, have you kept our little promise?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you forgotten already?" I teased. "I can't have my patients making false promises now, Miss Harris."

She stiffened, achieving clarity. "Oh, that promise." Her pink tongue swiped across her mouth as she looked up at me through wide, round eyes. "I haven't exactly been in the proper form to party, you know. It's a little hard to twerk with these bruises holding me down."

I laughed and pulled her shirt back down into place. I couldn't even let myself imagine her twerking or I'd lose all concentration.

"We can't have that," I said with a soft smirk.

"I know, right? I count it as cardio."

Shaking my head at her silliness, I chuckled. There are other forms of cardio you could do instead. I bit my tongue.

"Now, go ahead and bend your head back," I said, "so I can look at you."

My hands settled on her shoulders to guide her through the movement, should it cause any discomfort or pain.

Her pliant body shuddered. She sucked in a little gasp but silently obeyed. Tilting her head back, our eyes locked.

My fingers probed gently along her skull. I sifted through her silky gold hair to find the bump she had a week ago.

The bump was small, almost completely gone. I made sure there was no oozing or bleeding before removing my hands and walking back around the table.

Leah's eyes tracked my every move. When I dared to look over at her, she quickly looked away. I smirked to myself and settled on the stool again.

She cleared her throat. "What's the verdict, doctor? Am I going to make it?"

"On the contrary, I think you're going to live." I tapped some notes into her record for today's visit. "Have you had to miss any work? I can write you an excuse."

"I'm alright," she said. "I don't have to answer to anyone, so it doesn't matter."

"Must be nice. What is it you do?"

I pretended to keep typing so she wouldn't know I was just prying.

"I'm a manager at Seasons Bank."

"Wow."

This time I couldn't stop myself from looking up at her. The more I learned about her, the more hooked I was. Not only was she sexy but she was a young professional too.

I'm so fucked.

"That's impressive, really," I complimented her. "Do you like it?"

She nodded, shrugging. "Mostly. I'm at the point where ninety percent of my workday is HR. Either my tellers are bickering to each other or a customer is complaining about their interest rate. It's not my favorite part of the job, but I enjoy it otherwise."

The more she spoke, the further she relaxed. I was relieved some of the tension had leaked from her body language.

"I certainly could not do what you do," I confessed.

"You mean they don't teach Bickering 101 at medical school?"

I chuckled. "Unfortunately, they do not."

"To be fair, I would probably vomit on someone if I had to deal with body fluids and stitches. No, thank you."

"Ah, come on! It's not so bad. I promise."

She fidgeted with her fingers, smiling down at her lap.

I wanted to make my move, but the words kept getting lodged in my throat.

"Dr. Muller?" she said softly.

"Yes?"

"I want to, uh, apologize for my mom's behavior last week. She's insane. I hope she didn't upset you."

Recalling the firecracker of a woman, I chuckled. My golden opportunity.

"You don't have to apologize. I enjoyed her directness," I said. "She even answered a question I hadn't been brave enough to ask."

Her eyes shot up to mine. Those plush pink lips pressed together. A blush spilled across her cheeks.

I set the tablet aside and tucked my hands into the pockets of my scrubs.

"I want to make it clear that I am always professional with my patients," I told her. "I never share personal information and I like it that way. It keeps clear boundaries between work and pleasure."

She licked her lips and swallowed. Nervous again.

I couldn't help but enjoy the effect I had on her.

"Leah, I was wondering if you'd be interested in getting a drink with me sometime?"

She blinked a few times. "Really?"

"I wouldn't kid." I smiled up at her, cautiously absorbing her facial expressions. "Of course, I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Feel free to tell me 'no.'"

"You don't make me uncomfortable," she said. Her fingers fiddled with her neat hair as she bit back a smile. "You met my mother and you still haven't run for the hills. I think I owe you a drink."

"Nonsense. You don't owe me a thing. I would love to treat you."

Her eyes gleamed. "Alright, doctor. I might let you buy me a coffee."

A latte was not a martini, but it was something.

Baby steps, Jarrod, baby steps.

This wasn't the kind of thing I wanted to rush.

"Coffee sounds wonderful," I said. "I'll text you and we can sort out a time and place?"

A shy grin curled at her mouth. "Sounds good to me."

Standing, I tucked the tablet under my arm and headed toward the door.

"In that case, I will permit you to leave, Miss Harris." I propped the door open with my foot, winking at her. "But only because you've been such a pleasant patient."

"If you insist, Dr. Muller." She slid off the exam table, straightened her skirt, and walked through the door.

I walked her to the checkout counter and nudged her lower back with my hand. "I do insist," I whispered. "And for you, it's just Jarrod."

Saving the vision of her smile, I nodded farewell and headed for my office with a little jolt in my stride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 455 54
A Nethergod who was supposed to be a Lord that governed the Netherworld as a ruler. Cruelty and Mercilessness are his nature. But despite that his h...
927K 29.2K 51
He was obsessed with you til the point he almost killed you.. Sequel to "anything for you (obsessive bf x reader)"
170K 8.9K 69
BOOK TWO of the Falling for a Muller series -(-)- he should be grieving. she should be moving on with her life. and yet, they find themselves dancin...
83.5K 2.8K 87
[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with urgency, at last pulling my bottom lip bet...