Pieces of Me

By CaptainSaint212

Ae feels empty... Pete is bored... Are they the missing pieces that will complete their own puzzles called li... More

Emptiness
Boredom
Encounter
Plot
Journey
Home
Belongingness
Nostalgia
Ae's Hurtful Past
Invitation
Prelude
The First Date
Pete's Tragedy
Needs and Wants
Answers and Questions
Ae's Worries
Pete's Jealousy
Different Views
P'Ae
Realizations
N'Yim's Wish
Can's Trap
Morning Kiss
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
A Gratitude Post from CaptainSaint212
Day 4
The Delay
Into your Arms
A Different Night
Lovely Lazy Afternoon
Silhouette From The Past
Lost Chance and First Chance
Old Flame
Confirmations and Affirmations
Fateful Day
I'm yours, You're mine
Our Promises
One-sided Confrontation
Deception
Betrayal
The Surprise
Future In-laws
Foreboding
Tailspin
Relapse
Revulsion
Yearning
Limit Breaker
A Mother's Love and Wrath
Ruse to Retaliate
Memories and Decisions

Changes

3K 168 26
By CaptainSaint212

The three went back to Ae's home before lunchtime after their overnight. They skipped lunch in the resort because Ae's mom called saying that she will be preparing lunch for them before Ae and Pete return to Bangkok.

Pete and Yim was laughing so hard because of Ae's joke when they entered the living room where everyone was waiting for them.

"You lot seem to had a really good time. What's so funny?" Ae's mom asked while kissing Yim's cheek.

"P'Ae's really funny, Auntie. He keeps saying nonsense things!" Pete explained in between his chuckles.

The family exchanged meaningful looks that Pete and Ae did not notice because apparently Ae was not yet done with his joke and Pete was attentively listening until the end before both of them burst to hysterical laughters.

"Ae was joking? And by the way, Pete call me Ma instead." said the pretty lady who seem not convinced with what she heard.

"Yes, ahhhm, Ma. He is really funny."

Pete was happy and shy at the same after saying the word "Ma." He can't even remembered how long it has been since that word came out of his mouth.

"So Ae knows how to joke now?"

Oh was frowning, looking bewildered while putting his arms on his younger brother's shoulder.

"Of course, I can! What the hell do you think of me, P'Oh!" Ae was surprised as he defended himself.

"Is P'Ae the stuck up type, P'Oh?" Pete looked innocently confused.

His P'Ae does look serious but he had seen him smile and laugh a lot since they met.

"Well, how should I say this. He became like that after..."

Oh left his statement in hanging as he was testing the water, waiting for a change on his younger brother's expression and mood like whenever the conversation heads to that direction. But Ae continued to smile, looking at the confused expression on Pete's face while waiting for what his older brother is going to say.

Oh decided to risk it and continued his statement, throwing every worry out the window. He needed to confirm something.

"...the incident three years ago."

"P'Oh! Do you really have to bring that up? Anyways, you know, Pete here is really like a kid. You can make him smile and laugh with the simpliest joke. He is such a good audience. Hahaha!" Ae explained while freeing himself from his brother's touch. His face has no trace of hurt or pain.

Pete pouted with his arms crossed on his chest which made Ae laugh louder.

"See, your reactions are like N'Yim. Honestly, how old are you? Ma, should have given me a younger brother like Pete." Ae continously teasing.

"A younger brother? You are already a handful!" Ae's shocked mother blurted out.

"Hahaha! Well you have a point there. We have Pete here so I guess I'll have that instead." Ae was still laughing his heart out to the expense of the younger guy.

Pete was sulking because his P' is still laughing at him until Ae approached him and put his hands to his shoulder

"There, there, my adorable angel. Don't sulk. Let's have lunch. Ma's cooking is the best." Ae comforted as he led Pete to the kitchen. But they stopped on their tracks when they heard a cute tiny voice shouting.

"I thought I was your angel?!"

Ae rushed to approach his little princess and carry her.

"N'Yim is my princess angel and Ar'Pete will be my adorable angel, is that fine?" Ae said in a playful pleading tone that made the little girl smile.

"Well it can't be helped. Ar'Pete is really handsome. He is more handsome than you, Ar'Ae!" Yim declared while shrugging her shoulders like what she was saying is fact that no one can deny.

Everyone burst into laughters as they head to the dining room, Ae, Pete and Yim leading the pack.

"Our Ae is back." Oh said happily as he looked at his parents and wife.

---

Ae and Pete said their goodbyes after lunch as they needed to go back to Bangkok.

Yim made Pete promise to come back and stay with them again, a request that the actor cannot decline.

Pete thanked everyone for welcoming him and making him feel part of the family.

"You are part of the family now, Pete. Come back anytime you want. And Ae, drive safely." Ae's mom reminded them.

Pete was on the verge of tears, immediately hugged the woman who had been very kind to him, mouthed his thanks and kiss her on the cheeks.

They went to the car and started their travel back to their own reality.

---

It was almost dinner time when they reached Bangkok.

Pete gave his address to Ae so that the latter can drop him off.

"P'Ae, this is my house. I owe you a dinner, okay? And thank you for letting me have wonderful weekend. Would you like to come in for a tea?" Pete invited Ae.

"Maybe next time, Pete. The lights are on so if my hunch is right, a good scolding is waiting for you inside because of your recklessness. Make sure to stay alive." Ae teased making Pete roll his eyes while smiling.

"Hahaha! You really are so cute. I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Don't forget your promise to N'Yim. See you later, Pete. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, P'Ae. Please take care."

Pete went out of the car and waved goodbye. He watched the car went out of sight before opening the gate accompanied with a deep breath.

Ae was right, a scolding was waiting for Pete.

Noh was seated in the living room when Pete came into the house.

"There you are! So how is your weekend getaway?" Noh asked sarcastically.

Pete can only smile widely while holding the back of his neck.

Noh's expressions softened when he noticed how genuinely happy his bestfriend was but kept his poker face because this kid needed to be disciplined. [A/N: They have the same age but Noh always acted as the older one]

"Now, Pete. You promised to come clean. So explain."

Those few words of his bestfriend are enough cues for Pete to start talking.

"Noh, have you ever experienced not knowing why you are doing something? This past few weeks, I started to feel that certain kind of boredom is creeping on me from inside out. I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. You know I love what I am doing. I am happy that we have a much better life now. But now that things have improved a lot for us, I suddenly felt this way."

Pete was looking at the floor, feeling a little embarassed on what he had just said but he wanted his bestfriend to understand so he continued.

"P'Ae was the owner of the car where I hid during that fiasco in the hotel. Initially, all I wanted was to get out of the whole mess. I really just want to escape and P'Ae was my chance. I took advantage of it but when we were at his home, I felt happy. I feel so at home that I don't want to leave even though I know you were worried about me. It was a warm feeling and I don't want to let go of it yet when you called me."

"Pete..."

"Noh, don't worry. I'm not sad nor envious like what I use to feel when I see families together. On the contrary, I was genuinely happy meeting and staying with P'Ae's family. I didn't feel any hatred on my fate. For the first time in 15 years, I didn't pity myself even if I'm with a happy family. I did not blame anybody. It's like my demons had no chance in putting out the warmth that was growing inside me. And now, I suddenly felt free. I felt like taking that risk of going with a stranger in a far away place was all worth it. Call it sheer luck. Yes, I guess I was lucky to have met him, met them, Noh. They healed me. They may not know it, but I will be forever thankful to them."

Pete was now sobbing quietly as tears started to fall from his eyes. Like all the sorrows and pains he has kept bottled inside is slowly slipping away as he accepted everything that happened in his life.

Noh approached his bestfriend and hugged him tight which Pete returned while letting himself cry on Noh's shoulder.

"I am glad you met them, Pete. I'm glad that you have let go. I have been wishing for this day since the first time I met you in the orphanage."

Pete released himself from his bestfriend's arm and smile at him.

It was the first time Noh saw that serene and peaceful smile on his bestfriend's face making him feel that he is meeting this person for the first time even though they have been together for years, through thick and thin.

Noh smiled and held out his hand which Pete took.

"I'm Noh. Nice to finally meet you, Pete."

---

Should I blame or thank the traffic for this mid week update?

The traffic earlier was really bad that I started writing this chapter.

But knowing the "OC" me, i felt the need to finish it so I can sleep in peace. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 2.4K 18
What if Pete loses his memory instead of Vegas.Will he remember him or forget him.What will Vegas do read and find out. Disclaimer: i dont own the ch...
187K 4.5K 18
Ae and Pete have been through 3 years of hard time due to separation and finally got to be together (the novel ended). Their love is still growing st...
97.6K 3.4K 34
Pete - "Let's break up" Ae - "Why?! I can't live without you! Please don't leave me😭" Pete - "Can you give me another chance? 😢" Ae - "So you can d...