Silver Moon (ManxMan)

By -carmin

An Alpha who can't shift. A human with a special gift. -- Alpha Erik is always angry. An Alpha who can't shi... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
i n t e r m i s s i o n
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
Info
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
SEQUEL
Sequel update and offical cover
Dark Moon

040 | The End

26.6K 1.5K 293
By -carmin

Nervous.

Cobie was nervous. He has on a white shirt that was tucked into neatly pressed fit black slacks and suede shoes. His hair had been styled with a patten to the side and his eyes have been yellow with nerves for hours.

"It's going to be fine." Gabriel said. He's perched on Cobie's bed and dressed in pencil tight black gown, white sneakers and he had on a blonde wig.

"You look so beautiful." Cobie said as he stared at Gabriel who blushed.

"You look breathtaking. My brother won't know what hit him." Gabriel said, a bright smile on his face.

"I'm nervous." Cobie confessed. "I don't know what to do."

"It's fine. All the wolves are coming in, Queen Freya had come in early and the entire place looks beautiful."

"I thought it wasn't a wedding." Cobie began to pace. He wasn't sure what to do, he wiped his sweaty palm down his slacks.

"It's not but we are a close knit pack of thousands and our head Alpha, someone who couldn't turn but took care of us had found a mate. A mate. Something that was deemed impossible. His mate had also protected members of the pack in times of need without hesitation." Gabriel explained. He stood up and walked closer to Cobie and placed his hands on Cobie's arms. "You bet your ass everyone is going to make it look and feel special."

"I don't know why I'm nervous."

"A lot of people do but then it all disappears when you see Erik." Aetos replied as he walked into the room, the door closing behind him. He hands Cobie the box and Cobie flips it open.

Sitting on a red pillow was the ring Cobie had picked out.

"It's going to be okay."

"You bet your ass it's going to be." Colson cheered as he walked in. "It looks so fucking beautiful outside. You're going to love it."

Aetos takes a step away from Cobie and let Colson weak his arms around his brother. Cobie tucked his nose into Colson's neck and sighs.

"Mum would be so proud."

"I hope so."

Gabriel takes his excuse and walked out of the room. Aetos doesn't leave, he stays in the corner and when Cobie pulls back he noticed something that made him laugh mentally. Colson and Aetos were matching. Aetos and Colson both had on blue. Aetos has on a black button up shirt that was tucked into pressed black pants and a light blue blazer with two large buttons while Colson had on a blue button up that was tucked into black pressed pants and a black blazer with large buttons.

"Cobie Alexander Deckard." Colson said as he pulled away from the hug. "Look at me."

Cobie smiles as he looked at his brother. "Yes, Colson Alasdair Deckard."

"You're going to walk out there, repeat whatever the fuck those rude Elders say and ta da, you're done."

"I don't think it works that way."

"What I mean is," Colson rolled his eyes. "You are going to do great, you are going to be great and I am going to be there. I and Pa. Every step of the way."

"Thank you so much." Cobie doesn't realize he was crying until Colson's thumb began to wipe his tears away. "You are the best."

"I know."

"He is." Aetos adds.

The two brothers turn to Aetos who looked like a deer caught in headlights. Cobie lets out a small smile and slid the slim box into the pocket of the blazer he was going to wear.

"You don't know me, daylighter."

Aetos remained quiet. Cobie doesn't know what to do, he and Erik had agreed to give their friends time to sort themselves. They weren't going to meddle.

"Colson, can you please get me a tub of yogurt from the fridge and a couple of fruits?" Cobie asked, trying to diffuse the tense atmosphere in the room.

Colson looked away from Aetos. "I'll be back in five."

Immediately Colson left the room, Aetos made his way to the bed and sat on it. He let out a loud sigh and Cobie takes a step forward.

"I'm fine." The Vampire said and Cobie nods.

"Okay." Cobie replied, he doesn't press.

Aetos shakes his head and gets up from the bed. He shoved one hand into the pocket of his pants and walked closer to Cobie.

"Erik is a lucky man. The moon goddess chose well." Aetos said, gently placing one hand on Cobie's shoulder. "You both compliment each other."

"You've said this before."

Aetos shrugged. "That's cause it's true."

Cobie smiled shyly at the vampire. "Thank you."

There was a knock on the door, Gabriel peeped in to say it was time. Aetos pressed a kiss to Cobie's forehead and followed Gabriel out of the room. Colson appears with the yogurt and hands it to Cobie who placed it on the nearest surface.

"We have to get going. Everyone is here." Colson informs Cobie who nods. Cobie grabbed his jacket and shrugged it on, his finger softly grazing the material of the jacket.

"Thank you for picking this out." Cobie tells his brother who smiles at him.

"You are my favorite brother, I'd do anything for you."

"I'm your only brother, Colly."

"Don't call me that."

They walk down the stairs together, Cobie holding onto his brother's elbow. The house was quiet but as they step closer to the door leading to the large yard, he could hear the murmuring of a large crowd.

Once he stepped out into the open, Cobie lets out a loud gasp. There was a podium raised up high with slim stairs leading to the top, large columns were placed around the yard with green twines with bright colored covering every inch of each column.

"Oh my goddess..."

"Queen Freya contributed too. We can't have a Luna ceremony like this without flower." Colson replied.

Once they got closer, the murmuring died down and all eyes was on Cobie. Cobie looked around, trying to find his mate.

where are you? Cobie asks, his voice pushing through the mind link.

on the other side. I'm walking towards you, came Erik's reply.

Colson stops when they got to the stairs and gestured for Cobie to continue. Cobie stared at the wooden steps for a few seconds before placing his feet on his. He walks up the stairs until he got to the top podium where Erik was waiting for him.

Erik looked breathtaking. His hair was styled back, his beard neatly trimmed, he had on a white shirt tucked into neatly pressed pants and a black blazer. Just like Cobie's. Seeing Erik standing there, a large smile on his face and the confidence of a thousand gods made Cobie feel calm.

There was nothing to be worried about. Fuck, he had been crazy to even feel nervous. This was Erik for fuck sake. The man who had been with him, the man who fought for him, the man created just for him, the man who loved him fiercely. Erik Tomlinson.

Erik smiles when he sees Cobie and stretched out a hand. Cobie doesn't hesitate to take it, linking their hands together. Erik raised their joined hands to his lips and pressed a kiss to it.

"Good morning gorgeous." The Alpha says with a bright smile.

"Good morning handsome." Cobie replied, albeit shyly.

Erik pulls Cobie closer so he could rest his free hand on Cobie's hip. "I love you."

"I love you too."

The wolves cheered, clapping and howling. Cobie's cheeks flushed red and he buried his face in Erik's chest, his smile still present. Erik held onto him mate tightly, he would never let go for as long as he shall love.

They stayed that way, holding onto each other until the wolves began to murmur again. Cobie looks up and noticed the wolves were giving way to someone. Cobie cooed when he saw the elderly woman making her way towards the podium, two pack warriors flagging her side. She climbed the stairs with care and when she got to the top, Cobie and Erik assisted her a bit.

She turned to Cobie and beckoned for him to bend a little. When he does, she cups his face and smiles. The elderly woman was short, a good four foot seven, her skin was healthy and she had pure white hair, including her brows and lashes.

"Thank you." She said. "For keeping Astir safe and for taking care of my little one." She added, gesturing towards Erik who blushed to the tips of his ears.

"I'd do it again and again. Astir is my home, Elder."

"Call me Elder Atkins."

"Astir is my home, Elder Atkins. I'd fight for it."

She smiles at him and lays his cheeks. She moves on from Cobie to Erik who had to bend down and hug her. Any other time, Cobie would chuckle to himself but this was the cutest thing he had ever seen Erik do and he has seen the Alpha pout.

When the pull back, the wolves fall silent. She takes one of Erik's hand in hers and one of Cobie's hand too.

"A few months ago, Cobie Alexander Deckard drove into Astir with colors in his eyes. He mostly kept to himself and his clinic but all those who had been there said he treated them and their pets with so much care. In the recent months, Cobie had helped keep Astir safe. He didn't sit back and watch, he made sure he protected those he could and in time of need, taught several wolves how to protect themselves with the use of arms." Elder Atkins said, her voice ringing loud for a woman of her stature and age.

"For many years, mates have been extinct. The moon goddess had taken that sensor we had within us when she saw how her creation were mistreating themselves and the special gift she had bestowed upon us. For years, no true mate was found until Cobie met Erik." Elder Atkins squeezed their hands.

"They went through the trial of rejection, pain and death but came out strong. They accepted themselves, dated and finally claimed each other. They officially mated." Elder Atkins took a deep breath before she continued. "We are all gathered here today for the official proclamation of Cobie Alexander Deckard, Luna of the Silver Moon pack. You all as well as Queen Freya of the Seelies, Lord Aetos Amaya- Head of the Vampire Council and Colson Alasdair Deckard, brother of Cobie."

Colson, Queen Freya and Aetos march up the podium and stood behind Elder Atkins.

"Luna Cobie Alexander Deckard would be your teacher, advisor, a person you can come to with your problems or with solutions if you have one. He will be by Erik Tomlinson's side till their last breath is taken." Elder Atkins said. "Do you agree to this Cobie?" She asked.

"I do." Cobie replied, staring right at Erik as he replied.

"Do you, Erik, take Cobie to be your partner, your Luna?"

"I do." Erik replied, winking at Cobie who lets out a wet laugh, one lone tear falling down his face.

"Do you wolves take Cobie to be your Luna? If you do, pay your respect by bowing." Elder Atkin voices. Cobie doesn't know what exactly he was expecting. Maybe just a few wolves would bow or a large majority of the wolves would bow.

What he didn't expect was for all the wolves to go down on one knee, hand pressed to their chest as they bowed in respect to Cobie.

"Rise and howl for your Luna." Elder Atkins adds and that's all it takes for the wolves to howl. Elder Atkin placed Cobie's hand in Erik's and then raised it up. The wolves cheer and Cobie couldn't help the big smile on his face.

This is it.

This was the beginning of the rest of their lives.

Erik slammed Cobie onto the door, his hands lifting his mate up. Cobie held onto Erik and wraps his legs around the man's waist.

"Fuck!" Cobie moaned as Erik nipped at his neck. He craned his neck more, giving Erik more room. Erik trailed kisses up Cobie's neck until he captured his lips in a bruising kiss, one so full of passion it made Cobie's toes curl.

Erik pulls Cobie away from the door and crossed the room, he gently placed Cobie on the bed, his fingers brushing something hard in Cobie's pocket as he tries to pull the blazer off.

He pulls back and locks his lips, loving the taste of Cobie in his tongue.

"What's this?" Erik asked.

"Pull it out." Cobie replied, his eyes burning gold. Erik doesn't hesitate to do as he was told. He brought out the slim velvet box and placed it in his open palm.

"Cobie..."

"I got you a little something. Immediately I saw it I thought of you." Cobie said, his voice steady and cheeks pink. Erik stares at his mate, a little breathless. Cobie's heart flipped in his chest when Erik dips one hand in the pocket of his blazer and took out a velvet box identical to that of Cobie's.

"I got you a little something too. Something to match just how special and beautiful you are." Erik said as he hands Cobie the box. Cobie held the box gently in his hands. He shuffled a little and sat up, his heart
jackrabbiting in his chest.

When he opens the box, he lets out a wet laugh, tears rolling down his face as he stared at the ring sitting on the white pillow. It was a dainty gold hand wrapped blue gem stone. The best part of this was the fact that the ring was identical to the one Cobie had picked out for Erik.

"I can't believe we picked the same rings."

"It means we are fated." Erik says with a wink. He gently takes the ring from Cobie and slid it into Cobie's finger. "I love you. I love you and nothing is going to take you from my side."

Cobie sniffs as he gently picks Erik's ring from the box and slid it onto Erik's finger. "I know that as long as I'm with you it would be alright. I love you so much. This is a promise ring, I promise that I will be by your side and I will always love you with all my heart, with every breath I take and I also promise to make sure you don't do stupid shit like getting angry at a child for tripping over your shoes."

Erik laughed, his tongue peeking out to lick his lips. "I promise to love you, protect you and your family and to also make sure you don't blow off the head of any guy who messes with your brother." Erik adds, he reached forward and wiped Cobie's tears away.

"I love you. I love you so much."

"I love you too, darling." Erik replied, reaching forward to press a kiss to Cobie's forehead, nose and cheek. "I love you so much."

There were a lot of words they wanted to say to each other but they just couldn't find the perfect way of saying it or describing it. They were going to spend the rest of their lives together as lovers, best friends, mates and later on, husbands.

For werewolves, it was believed you only love once. You love the person you're mates with for the rest of your lives. You compliment the other, be it physically or emotionally, even spiritually.

Everyone deserves a second chance, hence, the prophecy. If wolves whose mates had died were given another chance of happiness, why couldn't wolves get their mates back? It always starts with one and then it turns to two and before we know it, everyone besides the already Mated are finding The One.

The One they've longed for knowingly and unknowingly, the One who will fill every corner of their hearts and minds and just love fiercely.

The Moon Goddess had created Erik and Cobie. She knew exactly what she was doing, she had heard the cries and seen the suffering of her children. Her creation was given a wolf but she had put him to sleep, that he could only be awaken in the presence of the One she had created him with.

She had also tried to make it easy for them.

"He smells just like you."

But there were complications.

"He's not my darling and I don't want to woo him."

' Cobie stops at the last line. The Great Cry. He's heard Gabriel talking about it and he has half the mind to search for it but wouldn't it be better to hear straight from the source instead of believing online articles? It's best to just forget everything. He's better on his own, he doesn't need to start thinking, or worse, overthinking. All he has to do is stay away from Erik Tomlinson and he would be fine. '

Then again, there was also acceptance.

"Erik..." Cobie moans. It sounded so soft, so gentle that Erik's heart skips a beat. "Please."

"You know, you taste like watermelon. So sweet and It makes me want more of you."

It took them a while but they finally got to where they were meant to be, no secrets between them, just honesty and love. There were many ways things could have turned out to be, there were millions of possibilities but at the end of each one, Cobie and Erik always found their way back to each other.

That's why they were chosen.

They were the first creations of hers that did that and for that they had her blessings. Cobie had been right when he said this was just the beginning of the rest of their lives.

Cobie looked at Erik with bright gold eyes filled with ole and happiness. "We are going to be happy right? We are going to make it?"

Erik moves closer to Cobie. "I will try my absolute best to make sure you are. You mean everything to me and you deserve all the happiness and more."

"Promise?"

"I promise." Erik says and he deals his promise with a kiss.

fin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 1.2K 9
We all want what we cannot have. . . . Or can we? Alpha Cyrus Rowan is the newly-appointed Alpha. He is the most feared Wolf in the Western Hemisphe...
1.1M 29.7K 33
Ever since Adam came out as gay his been bullied by the pack especially by his brother Mark. The only reason why he stays in the pack is because of h...
115K 4.8K 21
Book is very unedited! Torrence the soon to be alpha of the Eastern Sen Pack, finds his mate and future Luna of the pack. A tall blonde haired omega...
467K 19.5K 57
Donny has to move. Because his mother gets a promotion in another country and he knows he can't leave her alone, he starts at a new university for hi...