The Bridesmaid

By softaura

His finger traces my skin, his coffee brown eyes staring deep into mine as I feel chills run down my spine. "... More

t e a s e r
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
IMPORTANT
The Bride
1 million. thank u.
the true story!!

Chapter Thirteen

68.1K 4.1K 2.6K
By softaura

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"So, spill." Nani spoke out even before taking a bite of her ice cream.

"Why do you always assume something's wrong?" I sighed, stuffing a spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream into my mouth. The sweetness instantly attacking my tastebuds as I closed my eyes, trying to savour the bite but Nani didn't allow me to. She shoved me trying to get my attention and I clicked out of annoyance.

"Okay, fine. Things are just weird. Taehyung's getting more emotionally invested in my life and it feels off." I said and Nani's brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" She asked, cocking her head to the side, her loose messy bun bobbing with the action.

"We were talking about Jae and he got really worked up." I took a second bite into the ice cream right after finishing.

"That makes the both of us," Nani chuckled slightly but I frowned. She noticed my change in expression. "You know how I feel about you and Jae. I think you-"

"I really don't want to get into this now." I groaned, cutting her off. "I just want to breathe for a bit, and not have to care about all that for a while." I breathed out.

She pressed her lips into a thin line as she nodded reluctantly, "fine." She sighed, finally picking up her tub of ice cream. "But you have to face this sooner or later." And with that she began playing the movie I had prepared.

I knew she was right. I knew Taehyung was right. I knew my relationship with Jae was something I couldn't save but I didn't want to end it without trying.

"Shit," I spat, glancing at the clock that hung off her off-white walls. "I'm going to be late." I jumped up from my seat, grabbing my bag.

"Late for what?" Nani questioned.

"Dinner with Taehyung."

『⋅∘➶∘⋅』

"I'm so sorry, I didn't keep track of the time." I rushed towards the door to unlock it as Taehyung sat on the porch, a paper bag cradled in his arms.

He simply flashed me a smile. "It's fine." He said as he waited for me to enter. "I thought since this'll be our last dinner, we should cook." He gave me his signature box smile.

"I think you should know, me and cooking don't go well together." I turned to look at him as he laughed. "Fine, then you'll just admire me doing all the work." He joked as we entered the kitchen.

"What did you get?" I asked, peeping into the paper bag.

"Some beef, kimchi," and he continued naming every ingredient in the paper bag and I catch myself staring. His excitement was practically overflowing out of him as he took each ingredient out, placing it on the counter top.

"Well, I'll just be here." I stated, hopping onto the counter top and he chuckled.

"Just be sure not to set anything on fire." He teased.

"I can't guarantee anything." I respond and he clicked his tongue.

I noticed myself looking at him in awe the moment he starts to cook. His sleeves folded up, giving me full view of his perfectly toned arms, his slender fingers picking at the packaging as he began to cook.

I feel my gaze droop lower to his body, his shirt tucked in perfectly, accentuating his lean physique.

"Areum." I hear him call out and my eyes dart up instantly to meet his. There's a smile playing on his lips and I can't help but wonder if he had caught me staring. I feel my cheeks go hot as my heart began picking up its pace.

"Can you pass me the salt?" He asked, eyes glueing back onto the stove.

"The salt?" I repeat, still flustered.

"Yea, I think it's behind you." He said and I looked around myself, still seated on the counter top. "I can't find it." I say, not being able to find the salt probably because my mind was still focused on Taehyung.

"I could've sworn I saw it when you hopped on." Taehyung walked towards me, dusting his hands on his jeans. As he approached me, I didn't think to move my feet out of the way, still being too absorbed in the thought of him coming closer.

As he inched closer, he trips over my feet and I instantly lean forward to grab him. I gasped as his hand lands on my waist, trying to support himself. "Are you okay?" I laugh timidly as I pull him towards me, making sure he doesn't fall.

"Yea," He chuckled bashfully, his head still hung low as he regained his balance. His neck slowly craned upwards and I stop breathing the moment I realise the close proximity of our faces. I feel his grip on my waist tighten a little the moment his eyes found mine.

I glanced down, noticing his large hands around my waist as he stood in between my legs. I feel the heat rush back up to my face as I looked back at Taehyung. His eyes searched my face, studying every detail of mine as he nibbled slightly at his bottom lip right before running his tongue against it, and I was back to admiring every little detail.

The way his eyelids were brimmed with lashes that casted tiny shadows against his cheekbones. I studied the little mole that rested on his bottom eyelid and the tip of his nose. My eyes trail down his face, studying his features meticulously as I notice the same mole on his lips, making it all the more alluring.

And that's when I catch myself leaning in. I feel him lean in too and that's when this sin suddenly didn't feel like a sin anymore. I feel my gut twist the moment his hot breath hits my lips, the urge of smashing my lips against him starting to get unbearable.

He leans in further, his nose brushing against mine as he tilts his head to the side, positioning his lips perfectly for me. I feel his soft lips graze my bottom lip and I part my lips, ready to kiss him but as I attempted to, an obnoxious series of beeps pierced through the silent surrounding.

Getting startled, Taehyung and I pull away from each other with a flinch. "Shit." I hear him cuss under his breath as he rushed to the stove that was smoking.

I looked up at the high end of the wall and stared at the smoke detector that was beeping. "Can you turn it off?" Taehyung asked as he dealt with the burnt food.

"O-okay." I stuttered, not being able to digest what had just happened. I rushed out, grabbing a chair to stand on. As I placed my hand on the chair, I noticed how I was trembling, still trying to comprehend the current situation. I tried pushing myself up, but I felt myself being too shaky.

"Wait," and I feel a hand on my waist, causing every muscle in my body to tense up. "I'll do it." Taehyung said as he gently moved me away from the chair.

He removed the smoke detector from the mounting bracket and finally stopped the loud beeps.

He placed it on the counter top as he turned to look at me, his gaze sending a shiver down my spine. "Um- I'll clean up." Taehyung said, eyes wide as he looked at me.

My expression mirroring his as I nodded slowly, "I'll," and I trailed off trying to find an excuse to leave the kitchen. "I'll get us takeout." I said and Taehyung nodded back, gulping. The tension between us was so thick, it could've been cut with a knife.

I spun on my heel, grabbing my keys and my purse and rushed out of the house. As I closed the door behind me, I leaned against it, finally able to breathe.

Images from just now rushing back into my mind. I bring my fingers to my lips as I recalled how his lips gently brushed against it, the memory of it sending a certain shock through my bones.

"Shit." I cussed, banging the back of my head against the door, realising what I had just gotten myself into.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 29.9K 47
COMPLETED "I love you." "But you're married." A KookJin/JinKook FanFic 1 - Jungkook (082521) 1- Jin (082521) 1 - JinKook (03072020) 2 - seokjin (0522...
3.3K 302 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
1.3M 62.2K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
66.8K 2.9K 26
⚠️ The following content is a work of fiction and the story has nothing to relate with the mentioned idol or his life. The characters are solely a pa...