Gamer Who? (BxB)

By Futzer

(BOYxBOY) Spencer's life isn't out of the ordinary. He has a Mom, basketball practice, games on the side, gu... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 1

4.8K 196 70
By Futzer

"U up for pvps rn?"

Again? When was the last time we marched out and did some quests? Although, who can blame them?

Ever since the betting system was added people had gone wild. Player versus player was popular even before but now when you can put money on whatever player you think is going to win... Lets just say every other feature is as good as dead.

I sent them a quick reply and tiptoed to my room so I wouldn't wake Mom after taking my late night glass of water. What can I say? I can't sleep and PvP gives good money. I didn't have to worry about waking Scouter since he had been snoring on my bed for the past hour. I swear, he could sleep past an earthquake.

The water felt cold in my throat as I felt it linger in my system. The computer was turned on by the press of a button with my big toe and soon enough, I was in.

I adjusted my mic that sits on my headset and called my friends. They answered almost immediately.

"Heeeey!" Ammonal slurred. Drunk probably.

"Are you drunk again?" Yosu and Enez laughed at their friend. I joined with a roll of my eyes. These guys, I swear to God.

"You could tell from just one word!?" Ammonal seemed genuinely surprised that we noticed. Maybe if it was someone else they would pass it off with a shrug of their shoulders, but we all talk literally everyday (or night). Everyone's voices are glued into our brains wether we like it or not.

"We talk to much." Ammonal added. Everyone hummed in agreement and then we laughed and soon the game was on.

"I'm gonna leave too, school you know." Enez spoke with a slight yawn, as if to prove just how tired he was. I rubbed my chin on my knee that I had propped up and hummed to him in a reply.

"Bye." Atlas who wasn't a total douche like me gave Enez a verbal reply. I joined in and gave Enez a, "bye" of my own.

"Later nerds." Thanks, man.

"Shouldn't you also leave Lancer? At least get in a few hours sleep." I nibbled on my lip and gave the clock a bored glance while killing an enemy. Almost no people were logged in now so PvPs were a no-no.

"Nah, I'm good." I yawned, ops. "Also, you can call me Spencer now y'know." Atlas- or Evan in this case, chuckled softly at his forgetfulness. Evan's one of the few individuals- or actually- ONLY individual that I play with and also know in real life, I even go to school with him. Even I forget to call him Evan sometimes.

"Sorry, Spencer." He empathised playfully which brought a smile to my face. Or maybe I'm just being silly and smiling at literally nothing. Maybe I really should get some shut eye.

"I feel bad for leaving you, but I have to go now I have-"

"-An important test, I know." I interrupted Evan like the dick I am and stared glumly into the screen. Why was I always the last one leaving the call? Maybe I really do have serious sleeping issues? Ah, whatever.

It was silent for a bit. I could tell Evan was choosing carefully what to say. Sure, I had been snappy these last few days but it's not like I'm going to bite him. Plus, he's like ten minutes away and I'm way to lazy to get my ass up and ride my bike to him. Why's he so scared? Geez.

"...You have a test too, Spencer. Did you study?"

"Kinda."

"Kinda?"

"Yeah."

Kinda, also known as, I read through it the lesson our teacher assigned it to us and then I haven't touched it since. Yay.

I noticed Evan wanted to say something else. I stayed silent, hoping he wouldn't go all Mom on me and spank my ass. That didn't happen however (thank the heavens) and I only heard the wind from Evan's breath hit the mic.

"Try and get some sleep. Maybe a miracle will happen and you won't fail biology."

"That's never going to happen."

"I know."

And then Evan's profile picture with a weird anime meme disappeared with a plop. The room was oddly silent when the buzzing from my friends' backgrounds suddenly vanished. It was so silent that I even took the time to look around. My eyes didn't spot much however. The room was pitch black and Scouter was still on my bed.

It's like only ten minutes passed but based on the clock three whole hours felt like going loco and disappeared into thin air. I filled my lungs with air and then exhaled with my eyes on the screen. My character (Lancer01) was in a field littered with snow. The white crystals laid over the landscape like a blanket and my eyes scanned the pixels.

I turned on my heater in hope of killing the silence that had somehow decided to annoy the hell out of me. Doing quests was boring without my buddies, doing PvP was impossible because of the dead population and I didn't really want to spend all my newly achieved coins.

Knowing me, I won't be able to fall asleep even if I try. So what're my options?

One: Staring at my screen and probably ruin my eyesight.

Two: Stare at my character walking around and ruin my eyesight.

Three: All of the above.

So that's what I did. I ended up just putting on some random music on YouTube and went around discovering new places in different areas. The Christmas update really did great for itself, the snow looks beautiful.

The whole world was empty, just me, my stupid character and music humming in my ears.

Then suddenly, in my small field of vision a character appears in my screen. I mean it's not that strange. Maybe they're from another country where the time zone is different or they're just as sleep deprived as me. Yet, I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

I blame it on the boredom.

"Hi."

I hurried over to them and wrote a simple 'hi' because chatting never really was my thing. My eyes got a better look at them, they're a healer and male. Now, that's not something you see everyday.

Okay, okay I know girls aren't the only ones who can be healers. I'm not saying that guys can't be healers I'm saying that it's not often I see a guy that decides to be a healer in this game. Badabing badaboom.

'Please never fall in love again' suddenly starts playing. I don't particularly pay attention to it though, even though it's one of the few songs that have really stuck with me.

"Hey?" Can you blame me for initiating a conversation with someone when I am utterly, completely and shamefully alone? Plus bored. Really bored.

My chair squeaked underneath me as I rolled to the side. Just what do I write? I didn't exactly plan this. The chat was silent for a bit and I typed out something else when it looked like the other person was just about to leave.

"Where are you from?" Hello, stranger danger. I'm such a creep, Jesus.

"If you want to share of course." I added in hope of saving some of my conscience. Let's hope they don't block me or something, I'm not really in the mood to see if I can find something else to do.

"Wtf."

Well damn.

Just as I thought, 'well that was fun while it lasted' random-male-healer decided to write something else, surprising to say the least.

"As my mom taught me i won't answer that but if you're up for a conversation, how 'bout it? :)" I'm honestly up for anything at this point.

"sure"

We ended up being cool as fuck and sat down at a café where you can order stuff (cafés are for people who like roleplaying, otherwise it adds no other function). Sarcasm intended btw.

I watched him order some muffins. There isn't even an animation, you just buy something and then we're all good. Wow. at least there's an animation for eating, I clicked on the button that popped up when you hovered your mouse over the food and watched my character eat.

"This café/restaurant feature is so unnecessary" Finally! Someone who understands. Every time I bring it up with my group they always say I'm being to judgemental. I hate those guys sometimes.

"Agreed to 100%" I'm just going to ignore the fact that we just insulted a feature we are currently using at the moment.

I started writing something random out to fill the oncoming silence but Mr. stranger was one step ahead of me. I watched the text pop up and read it intently.

"Since we don't know each other like at all, let's have a code word for difficult subjects that pop up and we don't want to answer." Uh, okay? I reread the sentence a few times so that I was sure I read it correctly. That's kinda weird, why not just tell the other person that you're uncomfortable? Whatever, I'll just agree.

"Ooook, let's say swindler"

"Where did that come from?"

"no clue"

"Are you one?"

"wtf no"

I honestly have no clue. I just said something.

"I guess we'll take that then :)" My chair squeaked under my weight as I slumped down on it. This wasn't all that bad. My boredom is gone so can I really complain? Plus this random guy is a little... How do I put it, quirky? While adjusting my knee that was still propped up, I wrote in the chat.

"so whyre you up so late on this fine night" If it even is night for them.

"Can't really sleep." Oh. Guess we have something in common.

"why"

"Hey! One question each!"

"ugh are we seriously playing twenty questions wtf"

"I believe we are." I regret this decision. Should I just leave? I've already eaten my cake so like, I have nothing to lose?

Except being bored as fuck again.

"okay, ur turn ._." This is embarrassing. Here I am at three AM, playing twenty questions with a total stranger. Sounds pretty lame if you ask me. Although, walking around listening to depressing music in a video game is also pretty lame.

"What is ur favourite color?" Is this person for real? That's the most boring question you can ask someone! Oh, my god why am I here?

"imma block you"

"HAHA sorry sorry but seriously though."

"blue or something"

"Boring." I scoffed out loud. My quiet room was filled with the sound and a soft grunt was heard from my bed's direction as Scouter rolled over to his back.

"your question was boringer."

"That's noty a word." In my vocabulary it is.

"Neither is noty." Boom.

"Typo* stfu"

I don't know why, but I smiled. I wonder when was the last time I smiled at a chat bar, actually- never. That's weird. I'm pretty hard to please. How strange, a question about one's favourite colour made me smile. Maybe I should really get some sleep.

You sent MaximumCray a friend request!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 238 40
[COMPLETED] Meet Jacob and Theodore, the polar opposites within a tight-knit circle of the most esteemed members of society. Jacob's the laid-back an...
111 16 12
(A LITTLE BIT MORE TWISTED THAN YOUR NORMAL BOY NEXTDOOR STORY) Max wakes one morning to discover that he has a new neighbor and their par...
Tense By kara

General Fiction

4.1M 169K 54
"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. Best friends, football players, straight...
632K 22.4K 40
-COMPLETE-A bxb romance. When Nate gets tricked into playing a game of 7 minutes in heaven, he gets a lot more than he bargained for. Top Rankings:...