Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 30

10.2K 868 76
By Navya_Mishra

They entered the giant black metal gates of the Malhotra Mansion at around 4:15 as Manik pulled the car in.

Manik: Most of the people are here....

Nandini: All thanks to my so called parents.... Anyways, forget it we r still on time for the pooja to begin.
Nandini said as Manik turned off the engine. She was about to get down when she noticed Manik close his eyes as he gripped the steering wheel.

She moved her hand, placing it over his shoulder.
Manik: I can't do this Nandini... I can't face all those people. I can't face my family as they mourn over her unfortunate death when they don't even know what happened. Why can't they just stop remembering this day every year with sorrow. Why don't they keep a pooja on her birthday to remember her with happiness....

Nandini: Coz feeling happiness with her not around is much more difficult than feeling sorrow Manik.... And I m sure ur Di is proud of u to remember her happy moments always! I know how difficult it gets.

Manik took a deep breath before opening his eyes as he looked at the door, seeing people walking around.

Nandini: Come!
Nandini whispered to him as she opened her door. She got down followed by Manik as he walked round the car and stood next to her.

Nandini: U can do this...
Nandini said to him softly making him nod. She took a step ahead along with him when she felt his hand on hers, as he entwined his fingers with hers tight.

Nandini: I m here for u Manik... I m right here if u need me!
Nandini said looking up at him as he nodded. She could clearly see how much affected he was by this. But she made sure to tell him that she was there as his support. They removed their shoes outside in front of the servant as Nandini pulled her dupatta on her hair, manik tying a handkerchief on his head in respect.

They moved inside to see the entire living room cleared with furniture as soft white mattresses took place on the ground, most of the guests settled down while others were moving as the pandit said,
"Pooja ka waqt ho gya h... Sabhi aa jayiye.."

Nandini spotted Manik's parents right next to the pandit as Raj looked around at the now settling down crowd on to have his eyes fall on Manik. Nandini saw surprise visible on his face as his mouth opened up.

She turned to look at Manik, who had his eyes fixed in the middle of the hall. Following his gaze, she saw a framed photograph of a beautiful girl, smiling broadly at them. Her eyes twinkling in happiness, her face showing off her overly friendly nature clearly. She was indeed very beautiful.

By the time she looked back to his parents, she noticed Nyonika too staring their way, her eyes tearing up, as she wiped them. Nandini spotted Fab4, Navya and Abhi too present. Almost each and every person among those 60-70 faces had the same expression on their face. She knew it wasn't that surprising for a brother to be there for his sister, but she guessed all of them knew, that it was a big deal for Manik.

She looked Manik still lost at his sisters picture, not even aware of the gazes on them while the pandit patiently waited for the two of them to get seated.

She took a step ahead tugging Manik's hand softly. His gaze got down the picture and rested directly on her, the fear and sadness breaking out through his eyes making it clearly visible for her to read them. She moved her head softly nodding at him once as she started moving ahead taking him along.

They reached in the front, a guarded look back on Manik's face, hard emotionless to the entire world. Though his tightening grip on Nandini's hand told her otherwise. His eyes moved over to his parents as he forced a soft smile towards them, leaving Nandini's hand finally and moved to take a seat next to Nyonika.

On the other side Nandini noticed all their friends, and spotted a place next to Mukti, she took a step towards them only to have her hand held back as Manik pulled her along with him. Though shocked, but she did not say anything, not wanting to make the pooja delayed more.

As they settled down she noticed Nyonika wipe off her tears as she patted Manik's lap and turned back to the Pandit. Manik took a deep breath looking up at his sisters smiling face when his love resurfaced in his eyes, softening his expression ten folds.

The pooja started thereafter and they all joined their hands together in respect. Throughout the ritual, Nandini noticed Manik zoning out quite a few times staring at her picture. A ghost of a smile even came onto his face, maybe remembering some happy memories from past. While the other times, he just sat their with his eyes closed and hands joined.

About an hour later, the pooja was finished. They all got up as Nyonika and Raj took blessings from the Pandit. Nyonika turned towards Manik motioning him to do the same, and he followed politely without words.

There was a small arrangement made for food in the back garden for all the guests. All the guests moved outside except their friends when Nyonika turned towards Manik and caressed his cheek.

Nyonika: I can't tell u how happy I m that u came today... Thank u Son...

Manik: I know Mom!! I know.... U don't need to thank me!
Manik replied to her softly managing to give her a small smile.

Nyonika kissed his forehead shortly as she moved outside to attend to the guests while Raj patted Manik's back.
Raj: I m proud of u Son... Proud of u!

As Raj moved outside Manik looked at his retrieving figure while his smile faded away. His face hardening again.

Nandini noticed Cabir taking a step closer and opening his mouth and quickly stopped him. Cabir noticed Manik's face and nodded as he said,
Cabir: I guess we should all also move outside and attend the guests.

All of them nodded at him including Manik who gave a slight nudge as they moved outside.

A few minutes later, they were standing outside on the left corner of the garden, having small conversations among themselves. Manik didn't say anything to anyone, except for the one or two words greetings to the people who came to him.

Nandini was standing and talking with Cavya along with Manik while Dhruliya and Mukbhi had gone to take something to eat. She noticed Manik looking around casually with no expression on his face at all while she continued her conversation.

Suddenly she noticed his face harden as he curled his hands into fists.
Manik: What The Fuck is He doing here??
Manik gritted in anger stopping their conversation immediately as he took a few steps ahead towards someone.

Nandini looked ahead to see him walking towards his parents, though the sudden anger in him confused her when she noticed a couple standing along with them.

Nandini: Freak...
Nandini muttered as she moved ahead and held Manik's hand stopping him as she said slowly,

Nandini: Manik, stop!!

Manik: Leave me Nandini.... I m gonna kill this guy today! Even after everything that happened, he has the audacity to come here.

Manik said angrily trying to jerk away Nandini's hand. Nandini noticed a few people around them notice him along with Cabir who came forward.

Cabir: Manik... What happened?
Cabir asked holding Manik along with Nandini.

Manik opened up his mouth to tell him to move away when Nandini suddenly stood in front of him, keeping her hands on his shoulder.

Nandini: Manik calm down.... There are people around, just relax!

Manik: Nandini, I-

Nandini: Shh... Not here!!
Nandini stopped him from saying further. She noticed his gaze fixed behind her at Him when she held his arm.

Nandini: Come with me!

She started moving to the other side while Manik tried to get free.
Cabir: Guys?

Nandini: Cabir, we'll be back just handle here!

Nandini pulled Manik to the far most corner of the garden standing next to a tree, making sure they r out of eye sight.

Manik: Nandini, Plz Don't try to Talk me out of this... There is no way I m gonna Accept that guy in My House....
Manik shouted at Nandini.

Nandini: Would u first tell me who he is.... Why r u so angry suddenly?

Manik: He is the same jerk Nandini.... I lost my Di bcoz of him! Sanjay Purohit, he is that so called Husband of hers.
A gasp escaped Nandini's mouth at his words. Somewhere she had already guessed this, but now getting it confirmed from him was still shocking.

Manik: How dare he fucking step into this house?

Nandini looked behind him, gazing towards the guy who stood with Nyonika, talking fondly with her.

Nandini: Manik, u hv never been here on this day! Maybe he comes here every year.... Ur parents seem to hv invited him.
Nandini said softly, mostly thinking on it making Manik groan as he hit the tree behind him.

Manik: I won't let him capable of walking out to here on his feet.
Manik said in anger as he turned to walk away to for Nandini to hold him back.

Nandini: Manik stop.... What r u doing? Ur family is here, so many people are here, what r u gonna tell them if u random go and start beating the shit out of him. Just Calm Down!
Nandini snapped at him holding him back.

Manik sighed at her words as he rested his back on the tree in defeat.
Manik: I can't do this Nandini... I can't be here in the presence of that bloody murderer. I can't breath here, knowing that he is responsible for my di's innumerable tears.

Nandini saw him breaking down as he hung his head low, closing his eyes. She moved forward cupping his face as she hugged him tight, tears filling up her own eyes.

Manik hugged her back immediately, pulling her closer to him, wrapping his arms tight around her as he rested his face on her shoulder. Nandini felt her shoulder getting wet from his tears and pulled him closer, threading her fingers through his hair.

Nandini: Shh... Control urself Manik! Shh...
She tried to console him. They stayed in the same position for a few minutes, as Nandini did her best to console him until they heard a voice next to them.

"Here u r, I hv been looking for u all over!"
Nandini felt Manik stiffen at the unknown voice, as she opened up her eyes and turned her face aside only to widen her eyes at the same guy about whom they had been talking.

She felt Manik's grip around her loosen up as he broke the hug standing up straight. His eyes smudged with tears, which he immediately wiped off before turning towards the side.

Sanjay: U hv really grown up to be big handsome Man.... I m so happy to see u after all these years!
The guy said with a smile on his face. Nandini saw Manik's fists clenched together by her side making her shiver at the thought of his anger.

Sanjay: Come on Buddy...
Sanjay said moving forward with open arms to hug Manik when Manik suddenly held his collar, jerking him at the side right into the tree.

Nandini yelped with a jump as Manik landed a straight punch right on his face.
Nandini: Manik...

She looked ahead to see the tree totally hiding them from everyone's view. As she moved forward and held Manik's arm.
Nandini: Manik, stop!

Manik: How dare you?? How dare u come here...?

Nandini looked in guy wince in a slight pain with a confused expression on his face.
Sanjay: Manik what r u doing?

Manik: Answer Me.... What Are You Doing Here?
Manik shouted pushing him back into the tree, banging his head as he still held his collar.

Sanjay: I m here for Mansi... She was my wife along with ur sister!

Manik: Huh.. Wife?? Do u even know what that means? What do U Think, no one knows how u Treated her?

Before Nandini knew another punch landed on his face,
"This was for breaking her heart!"

Punch!
"This for picking up ur hand on her!"

Punch!
"This for torturing her everyday.. "

Punch!
"This for kicking ur own unborn Child!"

Punch!
"This for making her life so miserable that she finally found dying more better!"

Nandini saw blood oozing out of his lips and cheeks by Manik's punches. He tried his best to get out of Manik's grip but failed miserably.

Punch!
"This for coming here, even after knowing all that u did to her...."

Nandini: Manik... Stop! U'll kill him...

Manik: YES... YES I'LL KILL HIM! Coz he killed my sister.
Manik shouted in anger, his eyes red from rage as he glared at the guy.

Nandini: Manik... Leave him!
Nandini said finally pulling him away from the guy. Manik didn't move an inch by her efforts until she pushed him off forcefully. His eyes still fixed at the guy who stood with great difficulty, taking the support of the tree.

Manik: U-
Manik started saying again when Nandini suddenly came in front of him, holding both his shoulders.

Nandini: Manik enough... Not here, not now! U can't make a scene here...
She said to him before turning towards the guy.

Nandini: Get Out of Here!

The guy opened up his eyes looking up at her words in confusion.
Nandini: I said Get Out!
Nandini repeated sternly still holding Manik back. The guy looked up at Manik once before pulling off as he stood straight turning to move away. When Manik spoke up,

Manik: Listen to me loud and clear.... Don't u dare show ur face anywhere around this house or my family, coz the next time there won't be anything stopping me from destroying u completely. I'll make u suffer much much more than u made my Di suffer. I'll take away all that fucking Money bcoz of which u trapped her, each and everything that u hv will pass on in vein. Remember That!

The intensity of Manik's anger shocked Nandini as she saw a visible shiver pass down the guy. Before he moved away moving right inside, hiding from everyone's eyes. Nandini saw him move away from her eye sight when she turned towards Manik who stood there with his eyes closed. She gave him a minute in silence before holding up his hand.

Nandini: U r hurt!
She said looking at the blood on his knuckles.

Manik opened his eyes looking at it before shaking his head as he said in a fairly calm voice,
Manik: I m not... It must be his blood!

Nandini sighed at it as she held his hand,
Nandini: Come... Lets go!

She walked him back towards the crowd. Manik washed off his hands and joined their friends as the guests started leaving slowly. Cabir looked at Manik once and then at Nandini asking her through his eyes, nandini simply nodded back at him turning the attention into some random conversation.

It was around 7 when almost all the guests had left and they got back into the Mansion.
Mukti: Ohk aunty..... We should leave! We'll see u soon...
Mukti said slowly as she hugged Nyonika wishing her bye.

Nyonika smiled softly at her while everyone too wished her.

Nandini: Bye aunty... Bye uncle! I'll see u tmrw at work?
Raj smiled at her nodding when Manik spoke up for the first time.

Manik: I'll drop u back home!

Nandini shook her head at him as she replied,
Nandini: Relax... I msged Rishab! He is on his way... I'll see u tmrw.

Manik nodded softly at her before wishing all his friends as they moved out one after the other. Nandini was about to move out when she heard Nyonika call him,
Nyonika: Nandini....

Nandini: Ji aunty?
Nandini asked stopping while the others left and Nyonika walked closer to her.

Nyonika: Thank u my child...
Nyonika said softly to her making Nandini confused.

Nandini: Thank u?

Nyonika: For bringing him here today!

Nandini smiled at her, shaking her head.
Nandini: U don't need to thank me Aunty. I didn't bring Manik here, he came himself coz he wanted to.

Manik who was moving up to his room stopped in his tracks looking at the two of them when he heard Nyonika say,
Nyonika: I know my son Nandini... Even if he wanted to, I know u gave him the strength to actually come here....

Nandini held her hands with a smile as she replied,
Nandini: Aunty... Manik is much much more stronger inside-out than what he shows. Just like his Di. And I m saying this bcoz I hv seen that. He didn't need me, or anyone else to bring him here. He is even more stubborn, and I know no one could force him for anything if he himself doesn't want to do it.

Nyonika smiled broad at her with tears welling up in her eyes. She caressed her hair softly as she said,
Nyonika: God bless u my dear... God bless u!

Nandini thanked her before wishing her a good night and moving out. Nyonika turned around back inside the house when she saw Manik standing there, still with a blank look on his face. She moved closer to him and cupped his face.

Nyonika: Go... Take some rest! U must be tired. I'll call u later for dinner, ohk?

He nodded softly at her with a slight forced curve of his lips before turning around and walking upstairs.
-----------------------------------------

Rishab: So... Where were u all these days?
Rishab asked as he drove the car out of the Malhotra Mansion.

Nandini: Just somewhere...
Nandini said lying comfortably on the passenger seat. Her tiredness clearly visible on her face.

Rishab: Somewhere?

Nandini: Don't ask Rishu... Its sort of Manik's hide out place. I don't think I should tell anyone!
Nandini said softly making him nod.

Rishab: I saw what happened at home today! With Mom and Dad....
Nandini heard him say seriously, making her turn towards him as she saw him looking straight ahead at the road.

Nandini: Forget it Rishu! It was nothing...

Rishab: I don't like it Di... Don't u think its increasing day by day. What happened today was totally illogical, they snapped at u without any reason.
Rishab said shaking off his head.

Nandini: Honestly, I don't care now... Somewhere, I knew this was going to happen, that's why I chose to stay away from them, out of India. But they just had to call me here.... I just want to ignore them as much as I can, and for now I need some nice long sleep. I hv had a long long car journey since last night to this evening.

Rishab smiled softly at her as they pulled into the house.
Rishab: U go to ur room... I'll get something for u to eat.

Nandini: No... I don't want to wat anything. I guess I'll just have a coffee and go off to sleep.
----------------------------

Nandini: Why aren't the designs complete yet? The deadlines are almost here...
Nandini said to everyone else as she looked around the conference room. She had called for a meeting with her team for the highway project early in the morning to check for all the designs.

"Ma'am, these will be finished soon...."

Nandini: Soon... Well, that's good enough coz I want it to be finished today itself. I don't care how, but I want it. If u hv to stay back after working hours then be it, but I want the first draft today.
She said sternly to all of them. They all looked at each other, realising her serious tone and then turned back to her.

Nandini: Get back to me as u finish each of the part, I'll be compiling them together with the correction part.... Lets finish this off today itself, I m sure if u all work together as a team then u can pull it off. And I m also here to help u out, I won't leave the building till each one of u does, so buckle up and get to work.

All of them nodded at her with small smiles on their faces as she signaled them to get going. Soon she was back to her cabin, checking onto some other projects. She continued with her work and soon got up, taking her phone and a few design sheets as she moved off to Cabir's cabin to discuss something with him.

Nandini: Cabir.... Check this out!
She said entering his cabin only to find it empty. Coming out she shook her head as she moved to the next cabin. She entered inside to see Cabir sitting with Manik.

Nandini: Cabir... Stay in ur cabin at least sometimes!
She said taking their attention as they smiled at her while she moved in. She reached his table and saw some stuff kept on the table making her frown.

Nandini: Why is this table so full? Cabir, move these files...

Cabir followed her words and cleared some space as she laid her sheets on it.

Cabir: Well, hello to u too Nandini....
Cabir smiled broadly at her making her roll her eyes.

Nandini: Isn't this usually the other way round? I should be the more polite person here....
Nandini said earning a smirk from Manik.

Manik: I think we r spoiling u!

Nandini looked up at him waving her hand dismissing her thought,

Nandini: Nevermind, U guys don't even deserve politeness... Now listen Cabir, these are the designs for the farmhouse project, I hv written out all the material configurations in each part, I wanted to know if it matches the budget otherwise I will hv to change these...

On hearing work, Cabir looked into the designs as he read them while Nandini looked disapprovingly at the table. Manik noticed her gaze in confusion when he saw her get up and pick over the files.

She read off through them and started sorting it out before placing them all on the shelf at the other side of the cabin. She continued sorting this entire table and left only the necessary stuff on it.

Nandini: Now this looks like a cabin. U need an assistant Manik, u can't keep it so disorganised.

Manik: I don't need anyone Nandini... Its fine!
Manik said shaking his head at her while Nandini simply took her seat back. Cabir discussed some stuff with her as she noted down the possible changes for it. While Manik continued his own work.

Nandini: Cool... I guess I can manage these changes easily!
Nandini said nodding at him as she rolled up her sheets.

Cabir: Chalo... I need to get back. I hv a meeting to attend to in a few minutes.

Nandini: Ohh yes, That reminds me. Manik, I guess we would be ready with the Highway project designs by tmrw, if Cabir is fine then we can hv the final presentation on thursday.

Cabir: U r done?

Nandini: No.. But it will be over by today. I'll pass on the designs to u tmrw!

Manik: Ohk then, I will arrange a meeting with the investors this thursday.
Manik said nodding at them. When the two of them got up to leave.
Cabir: See u guys later...

They were about to get out when Manik called  out,
Manik: Nandini, one sec!

Nandini stopped at his voice while Cabir moved out with a smile.

Nandini: Yeah?
Nandini asked moving closer to him when Manik said,

Manik: Umm... I... Lets hv dinner together! I hv to talk to u about something.

Nandini frowned at his serious tone and asked,
Nandini: Anything important!

Manik: Yeah... Just some idea about my parents, I needed ur opinion about it.

Nandini smiled at him nodding softly as she moved back. She opened up the door when she turned around,

Nandini: Manik...

Manik: Hmn?

Nandini: Its good to see u back! I like this Manik more.
She said with a broad smile making him smile too before she moved out.

Manik: Idiot!
Manik muttered to himself still smiling as he looked back down at the laptop to continue his work.
-----------------------------

Nandini supporting Manik.

Aren't these two just amazing for each other. He supports her at her weak times and she supports him at his!😅

Anyways, do comment ur views about this part!

Love,
Navya😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 7.9K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
107K 5.4K 36
Her calm creates chaos in him His behaviour is something she can't tolerate but they don't know when they become part of each other's life and all...
3.6M 253K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...