Only A Childhood Friend (Futu...

By lilyblizz

A shy girl named Suzuki Yuna met Ryuenji Tasuku at age 9 in a shocking situation at Aibo Academy. As the two... More

Character Profile and other OCS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Song Used 1
Song Used 2
Song Used 3
Song Used 4
Song Used 5
Song Used 6
Song Used 7
Song Used 8
Song Used 9
Song Used 10
Song Used 11
Song Used 12
Song Used 13
Song Used 14
Song Used 15
Song Used 16

Chapter 17

996 20 7
By lilyblizz

Light pattering footsteps were heard as Yuna walked up the flight of stairs, heading to her room.

"Tasuku-kun..", Yuna called as she opened the door with her eyes closed, tired from stress. "Dinner is rea-" Yuna froze as she stared at the boy with wide eyes. "... E-eh.. E-EHH?! T-TASUKU-KUN! G-GO PUT ON A SHIRT AND L-LOCK THE DOOR NEXT TIME!" she yelled as she covered up her face. "WHAT IS WITH MY TIMING?!" she said as she turned around to leave.

Tasuku sighed as he shook his head and walked over to the girl, wrapping his arms around her. "At least I wasn't just in my boxers or, even worse, naked," the boy noted playfully.

"S-shut up. You're getting my shirt wet! AND GO PUT ON A SHIRT, YOU KIND PERVERT!" Yuna complained as she blushed madly, struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Kind Pervert? Don't accuse me for a pervert..~" Tasuku pouted. "Apologize, pleaseeee!"

Yuna continued to wriggle around to break loose from the boy. "N-NO! LET GO OFF MEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"No apology? Hmmmm.. How coldddd..!~" Tasuku complained as he leaned over, allowing his hair to brush along her skin and blowing at the areas that got wet.

"AH! C-COLD! GO DRY OFF YOUR HAIR!" Yuna said as she jumped a bit.

"You never apologizeddddd!" he continued to complain as he dragged her in.

"ALRIGHT ALREADY! I'M SORRY, CAN I LEAVE YETT?!" Yuna said, pulling at his arms.

"Hmmm, when you put it that way... Nope!" he exclaimed.

"W-WHAT? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?" Yuna said, turning to face him.

The clingy boy smirked and made his move, placing a kiss on her cheek. "That should be enough," he said with a bright smile spread across his face.

"Why you... Pervert.." Yuna mumbled embarrassedly, shoving his face away as he let out a hearty laugh.

"You're going to get me sick!"

"I feel a lot better though!"

"DID YOU GET DRUNK OR SOMETHING?!" Yuna yelled, finally getting his arms loose from her.

"Nope!~" he said happily, finally letting go of her. "Looks like I got your shirt really wet," he playfully pointed out as he smirked.

".... Just shut up and hurry.." Yuna said as she covered up her face and left.

'That idiot is just making things harder for me to decide whether to date him or not....' Yuna mumbled to herself as she ate her dinner.

"Hm? I heard you say something?" Tasuku said questioningly as he walked to the dining table.

"Nothing. Just thinking to myself," Yuna sighed.

"Hey, are you angry again?" Tasuku asked with a smile.

Yuna continued to eat silently, ignoring the boy's question.

"... Yunaa.....?"

No reply.

'She's mad alright. Too bad it's really fun messing around with her,' the boy thought as he shook his head.

Yuna let out a soft sigh as she went to wash her used dish then headed to her room, leaving Tasuku in the dining room by himself.

".... Hm? What is it Abend?" Yuna asked her buddy as its card began to flicker.

"Looks like it wants to get out of its card form," Psy said, appearing in front of the girl.

"Man, just when I got to the door..... Alright, hold up..." Yuna said as she trotted back down stairs.

Tasuku looked over to see the girl heading to the backyard and summoning her Ancient World buddy. ".... Hm, I wonder what she's doing," Tasuku said to himself.

"Okay, Abend. Only for a little while," Yuna told the dragon. The golden dragon stretched before it landed on the grass and waited for its buddy to come over.

"Belly rub? I'm tired right now though.." Yuna said, walking over to her buddy and petting it. Abend rolled over and began to kick its leg from the affection it was receiving.

"That's an interesting dragon," Tasuku said as he headed over to the two.

"Mm," Yuna hummed out.

"You sound tired.. You should go to sleep," Tasuku told the dazed girl.

"Mm," she repeated as she continued petting her buddy. "You're not going to school tomorrow, just in case."

A few minutes later, Yuna fell asleep on Abend from the long day she had. Tasuku patted the dragon as he looked at the picture in front of him.

"This takes me back to when I first met Jack.." he said softly. "You should get back into your card now," he said, picking up the girl.

Abend grunted and nuzzled the girl once more before returning to its card.

'This girl needs to stop worrying so much..." he mumbled with an affectionate smile as he got into bed with her.

"Mmmmm.. Hmm..?" Yuna groaned as she tried turning to the side. 'It feels like I'm trapped again...' she thought, frowning a tiny bit.

Yuna turned her head over only to have her lips brush against Tasuku's.

'.... W-WHA- WHY IS HE SO CLOSE?!' she said quietly in a high pitched tone, avoiding his face. 'CALM DOWN... MUST RESIST DOING ANYTHING STUPID...'

The girl slowly turned over to see Tasuku still fast asleep. '... Maybe a little peck won't hurt...? I'm definitely going to get sick after this..' she thought as she started to blush hard.

Yuna turned over to the side, trying not to wake up the boy, and leaned in a tiny bit with her eyes tightly shut. Tasuku's arm began to wrap around her tighter and pulled her in closer, surprising Yuna.

"MM!?"

Tasuku smirked into the kiss and pulled away a minute later. "You're going to get sick~ Oh, and it wasn't my doing this time..~!" the boy said, grinning brightly.

".... Let go of me.. I'll be late for school..." Yuna mumbled embarrassedly.

"Text me if you need anything..." she mutttered as she left the house.

"Yuna-senpai!" Hanako called.

"Oh, Hana! Ah, right! Here's your hairclip and hair tie!" Yuna said, handing them back.

Hana stared at the older girl with a confused face as she took the accessories and motioned Yuna to bend down. Yuna looked at Hana curiously as she slowly bent down only to get her hair clipped and tied up.

"You can have it! It matches with my clip see?" she said excitedly as she pointed at her own hairclip. "It's the sun and the moon! My mom got them as a pair and I thought I should give you the moon clip! Also, we both have a tail! See?"

Yuna glanced over at the little girl's hairclip and ponytail and then at the clip she wore and her own tied up hair. "I see.. Thank you, Hanako," she said as her lips twitched upwards. "You really love the sun, don't you?"

Hanako gave a wide grin and grabbed her brother's shirt. "Yep! It's because my brother is the Might Sun Fighter!"

Gao just stood there and smiled at his little sister, resting a hand on her head.

"Say, are you staying to watch the tournament today?" Hisako asked out of nowhere as she landed in front of the younger students with her buddy.

"Wings that look like airplane wings, huh.. Interesting.." Noboru mumbled as he passed by.

"Meteor, return to your card," the 8th grader instructed as the red dragon disappeared.

Yuna shook her head as she answered 'no'.

"Awhh, I see. Hmm.. Ah! We should buddyfight someday, like after the ABC Cup!" the girl exclaimed.

"Uhhh, sure.." Yuna answered carefully.

"Okay, class you are free to do whatever you like until then. Suzuki-chan, you may leave if anything pops up." Yuna gave a nod to the teacher as she stood up to go check her phone.

"Suzuki! Did you check what was in the pouch yesterday?" Natsumi asked as she walked over to the girl.

Ayden looked over to the side and took quick glances at the two, acting as if she wasn't there.

"Ah, yeah. It was a bag of cookies with a note stuck inside. I didn't get to read it though," Yuna told the girl.

"Oh! Hmm, I wonder who left it for you.." the girl thought. "Hey, do you like eating sweets?" she decided to ask with a finger pointed up and her thumb out.

"Hm, I enjoy making them.. At the same time, I don't really have a sweet tooth. Why?" she said thoughtfully.

"Ah, well, you should visit the café I work at!" Natsumi suggested.

"O-oh sure," Yuna responded.

"It's Dessert Paradise. My shift starts at 3 PM on weekdays and 8 AM on weekends," Natsumi said.

"Ah, alright. I'll visit when I can," Yuna said as Natsumi walked off.

"A café.. huh..?" Ayden mumbled to herself as she looked over to Tasuku's seat. "Hmm..? Hey, where's that boy from yesterday?"

Yuna looked over at Ayden as she fixed her tie. "Tasuku-kun? He's at home sick," Yuna told the girl with a curious tone.

Ayden looked at Suzuki for a little and turned away silently. "Ah..." she finally answered.

"Well, I'm going to go out and check my phone now...." Yuna said awkwardly and waved at Ayden cautiously. The girl just crossed her arms and gave a small nod.

"Haa... I wonder if Psy is bother him right now.." Yuna mumbled.

'Hey, want to buddyfight when you get home? I'm bored..'

Yuna mentally face palmed herself as she texted the boy back. "This boy.... I don't even think he's sick anymore.. Why do I even bother...." she muttered to herself as she covered the lower half of her face and glared at her phone.

"Alright, class. It's time to head to the buddyfight auditorium," the teacher said as Yuna got out Abend's card.

"Abend, let's get back..." she said, summoning the dragon outside.

"You whine a lot when you're sick..." Yuna complained as she entered the house.

"Oh? Wouldn't you do the same?" Tasuku asked.

Yuna frowned slightly. "No. We can buddyfight right now if you want. I'm heading to the studio anyways."

Tasuku stood up and headed out the door. "Fine with me. I'll go to work with you. Also, I'm still not fully recovered," he said smirking.

"Says the one who challenged me to a freaking buddyfight match... You're not staying here tonight," Yuna sighed as Psy trotted out the door.

"Awwwww... Just one more night...?" he whined.

Yuna hopped onto Abend and helped Tasuku up with her head hung low. "Ha... fine...." she finally said after a moment of silence.

"Advance and soar to victory! Elemental Deities, luminize!"

"Gather dragon army! Dragonic Force, luminize!"

Yuna looked at her phone as she took in a deep breath. "We better finish this quickly.. My composer just texted me.." she said.

"Alright then, let's just start. I call..."

The matched went on with Tasuku having 3 life points left and Yuna with 4.

"Hey, Psy, what time is it? I buddy call, Gold Dragon, Abend to the left!" Yuna said, swiping the card to the left.

"You've been at this for about 15 minutes already," her dragon buddy said.

"... Eh.. Oh well... They can wait. Abend, attack Jack!"

The golden dragon flew over to the center as it began to attack, destroying Jack after a short time and having Tasuku's life point drop to zero. The dragon world flag was shattered and destroyed as Tasuku stood there dumbfounded.

'Game over! Winner is, Suzuki Yuna!'

Abend returned to its card as Psy followed Yuna off the field.

"Penetrate."

"Huh?" Tasuku asked.

"Gold Dragon, Abend has the penetration skill," Yuna pointed out.

"Ah, no wonder I lost all 3 life points when you got Jack. First win! Good job, Yuna," Tasuku said.

"Right, anyways I need to get to work."

As the two entered the studio, Yuna cautiously looked around for her composer. "Daisuke..... I'm here...?"

Daisuke popped his head over to look at the girl. "Oh, Yuna! You're going to need to record the latest again...."

Yuna stared at the teen for a bit. "You m-"

"Please don't," Daisuke piped in. "It was on accident."

Yuna sighed and walked inside with Tasuku at her tail.

"Is that -" Yuna nodded as she walked over to the recording room. "Yep, it is. Now, let's start. Ah! Psy, can you head back home and grab the desserts in a plastic bag inside the refrigerator? Head to police headquarter after you get it," she cut in as she put on her headphones.

"Okay," the dragon said, digging through her pockets for the keys.

"Don't ask.." Tasuku said, waving a hand to the side as he smiled.

"Okay, we can start now Daisuke I'm ready," she called from the room, receiving a nod.

waraiaeru tte sugoku shiawase na koto

sore o kimi kara oshiete moratta'n da yo

chiisana toki kara nan de mo shitte ite

kimi no shumi sono risou ni awaseyou to shita

sonna kimi ga kossori oshiete kureta

suki na hito toshiue no kirei na josei

oitsukenai dakara chikara tsukau kako e to RIIPU

soko de mata kimi to deai mata koi o suru'n da

boroboro ni naite kimi wa sagashite ita

totsuzen inakunatta atashi no omokage o

hayaku kaero demo chikara wa ippou tsuukou mirai ni wa tobenakatta

tooku kara kita tte koto o tsutaetai

demo sore wa dame da tte dokoka de kizuite'ta

toshiue no atashi o mite kiku no

"anata ni nita hito o sagashite'masu

nanika shirimasen ka" to

boroboro ni natte ano hi o sagashite ita

barabara ni natta futari o tsunagou to shita

yamete atashi koko ni iru yo dakara doko ni mo ikanaide

mada haru ga kite kimi wa koko o tatsu to kimeta

"moshi anata ga ano hito dattara yokatta no ni" to nokoshi

koi o suru zeitaku na kanjou

sore o omoidashita

dakara zenryoku de sono te o toru

boroboro ni natte kimi ni honto o tsutaeta

barabara ni natta jikuu ni suikomarete yuku

soshite mezametara soko wa ichimen haiiro no sekai

te ni motte'ta no wa furubita ichimai no shashin

konna iro o shite'ta jidai mo atta'n da

soko de mujaki ni waratte'ru

kimi ni ai ni koko kara RIIPU o hajimeta

mata waraeru ka na atashi kono sekai de

kimi no shashin wa oita mama de arukidasu

Yuna felt her phone vibrate in her pocket right after she finished and checked it to see a text from Gao.

'Yuna-senpai, are you going to watch the tournament tomorrow? I'm still in qualification!'

The girl smiled and texted him back. 'Hmm, sure. Why not?'

Yuna walked out of the room quietly and headed over to Tasuku and Daisuke as she slipped her phone into her blazer's pocket.

"Tasuku-kun, we should head over and visit Stella and Mr. Takihara after this," Yuna told the boy.

"Ah, sure."

Daisuke listened to the recording as Yuna looked around the studio once more. "Hmmm, it looks like no one is here..?" she asked.

"Alright, Yuna! Sounds good. That's all you need to do today!" Daisuke said. "Oh, and if you're looking for Akira, he already went out."

Yuna looked over to Daisuke and gave him a grin. "Okay. Thanks, Daisuke. Let's go now," Yuna said, heading out the door.

"Hey, Yuna?"

"Hm?"

"About this morning.." Tasuku started.

"No. Don't remind me," Yuna said with a disappoint look on her face.

"Eh? Why not? You still haven't answered me!" Tasuku said questioningly.

Yuna groaned inwardly as she looked down and shook her head. "Okay.. Does THIS answer you?" she asked as she reached out and pinched his cheek.

"Uwah! No, it doesn't!" the boy cried, prying off her hand.

"Just give me more time to think..."

"Stella!" Yuna called.

"Yuna! Oh? Tasuku! How are you feeling?" Stella asked, running up to the two and holding Tasuku's shoulders.

"I feel a lot better, so don't worry too much. I can start working again tomorrow," he said, reassuring her.

"That would be great!"

Everyone looked over to the owner of the voice only to see Takihara walking towards them.

"Yuna, I got the dessert like you asked me to!" Psy called as he flew into the building.

"Thanks, Psy. Here, Stella! This is for everyone, so you should split it when you enter the main room. Hopefully I made enough...." Yuna told the teen.

"You probably did. After all, you spend most of your free time making dessert," Tasuku said as he leaned over to the girl.

"True... Well, not only! I draw and play some music too you know.." she said as she tried to get comfortable into the boy's position. Stella let out a small gasp as her eyes began to widen and sparkle.

".....?"

Stella looked from the two students to Takihara excitedly and tugged on the man's sleeve as he smiled.

"A-ah! Can it be that?" she asked excitedly.

"No, Stella. Just no," Yuna said. "I know what you're thinking."

Stella's excited face slowly dropped into embarrassment. "Oh. Well, never mind then!" she said, scratching her head embarrassedly.

"Aww... Getting us both excited for no reason.." Takihara joined in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 285 20
Suzuki Mizuki is a third-year at UA. She has friends, good grades, and a great internship for a great hero. All in her life seems perfect, almost too...
1.3K 127 11
Disclaimer:I don't own pics, music or show.
5.8K 119 50
NEW!!!! I do not own any copyrights to the anime. This is an 'unofficial' season 2 of Toradora. Toradora left me with Post-Anime Depression because...
14.7K 127 20
Unknown to us, there are millions of parallel worlds. Including those from books and movies. All of them face a single threat...... When that threat...