Chapter 12

"Anddddd.... We're finished!" Daisuke said, stretching out his arms.

Yuna gave a long sigh and looked over at Psy, seeing him motioning her over. Standing from her seat, the girl walked over to the dragon, wondering what he needed.

"It's getting really late... We should head home and sleep."

Yuna nodded with agreement to the dragon and looked over at Emiko.

"We have a concert tomorrow afterschool."

"Wait. Directly afterschool?" Yuna asked, feeling unprepared.

Emiko nodded at the girl and gave her an apologetic look. "I'm sorry if it affects anything tomorrow."

"No, it's quite alright! I don't plan to do anything tomorrow..." Yuna answered frantically. "Thanks for telling me. Let's go, Psy."

Once she got home, Yuna decided to check the website Akira created for her, catching one of the messages on one of the videos.

'I remember you saying that you aren't interested in buddyfighting on the very first day you performed, but I got you something that might get you interested! Hope you hold a concert soon! -anonymous'

"Are you doing anything today?"

Yuna didn't hear Tasuku the first time he asked, drifting off into a distant as she drew on her notebook, waiting for the last bell to ring.

"Yunaaaaa...." Tasuku called her, still not getting her attention.

Tasuku let out a sigh and leaned in closer, poking the girl's cheek with the eraser of his mechanical pencil.

"Mm!?"

Tasuku stared at his friend curiously leaving his pencil poked into the girl's cheeks.

"W-what is it?" her question coming out her throat with a jerky flow.

Tasuku's stare pierced into Yuna's bright golden eyes as silence filled between them.

".....?"

Tasuku leaned back into his seat, letting his arm hover over his desk and putting the pencil down.

"You seem to drift off in class a lot more often you know.. Anyways, are you doing anything today?" he repeated.

Yuna rubbed her cheek where his pencil poked her and answered the boy. "I do? Huh... Yes, I'm busy afterschool today. Going to run some errands for my neighbors again," Yuna lied, packing her supplies.

Tasuku packed away his pencil and notebooks as he nodded slowly. The bell was heard throughout the school, signaling that it was the end of the day for school.

"Well, let's get you back home, then."

"Yuna, I never got to tell you what I wanted to say last time." Tasuku looked at the girl, making sure she was listening.

"Uhuh....." she answered, listening closely.

"I wanted to..... tell you..." Tasuku drifted off. 'Why was it so easy to tell her when she was sleeping?!' The boy mentally face palmed himself, face expression twisting into annoyance.

"You wanted to tell me...?" Yuna urged him on.

"I just wanted to say that I-" Yuna's phone started vibrating in her pocket, interrupting him once more.

".... S-sorry.... I'll get that.." Yuna told him embarrassingly.

"It's fine.." Tasuku replied disappointingly.

"Hello?"

'Are you on your way right now?' Akira asked.

"Yes, I'll be ready soon..." Yuna said, drifting off with a hint that there was someone with her.