Only A Childhood Friend (Futu...

By lilyblizz

A shy girl named Suzuki Yuna met Ryuenji Tasuku at age 9 in a shocking situation at Aibo Academy. As the two... More

Character Profile and other OCS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Song Used 1
Song Used 2
Song Used 3
Song Used 4
Song Used 5
Song Used 6
Song Used 7
Song Used 8
Song Used 9
Song Used 10
Song Used 11
Song Used 12
Song Used 13
Song Used 14
Song Used 15
Song Used 16

Chapter 16

974 23 2
By lilyblizz

The dragon and his buddy decided to head home first after spending most of the day over at Gao's house.

"Hm...?"

Yuna looked up from her phone as her buddy continued to tug on her blazer and pointed at her house. Facing towards her house, Yuna spotted Tasuku and Noboru sitting in the front yard, holding a conversation.

"Why are they just sitting there....? More like why are they even here..?" she asked more likely to herself.

"HMMMM, I WONDER WHYYY.... LET'S GO FIND OUT!" Psy said as if it were to be obvious.

Yuna frowned at her buddy, shaking her head and walked to the yard. Getting closer to the two boys, Yuna rested a hand on her forehead and let out a long sigh.

"So, what are you doing in front of my house..?" Yuna asked as she crossed her arms and leaned against the stone wall.

Noboru and Tasuku looked over to see the girl waiting for their answer.

"Decided to visit. Just didn't know when you were getting back," Noboru said in a bland tone.

"Uhuh... And you?" Yuna asked, directing the question to Tasuku.

"Same reason... Just got out of work.." Tasuku said, avoiding eye contact.

"...Alright then.." Yuna sighed.

"You could've just texted or called me. ..Actually, Noboru, you're an exception. You don't have my number.."

Yuna unlocked the door of her house and walked in, leaving the door wide open for the boys.

"So are you coming in or what?" Psy asked as he trotted through the door. "Psy, don't be rude."

Noboru glared at the dragon as he entered the house and sat on the living room couch. "Don't do that.. Don't want to know what happens next if the two catches you glaring," Tasuku whispered, sitting down next to the younger boy.

"Want anything to eat or drink?" Yuna asked, looking over the counter to have the two in her sight.

"No thanks," they replied at the same time.

"Okay.. You can head up into my room if you like.." Yuna said awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm just here for a bit, so don't worry," Noboru told the girl as he flashed a smile. "Oh and nice hair clip. From Hana was it?"

Yuna stared at the boys suspiciously as she slowly nodded. Remembering the girl from this afternoon Yuna, decided to ask the two about her.

"Hey, did any of you see a girl with light purple pigtails, reaching around her waist, and blue eyes? She wore a light brown jacket, dark blue jeans and sneakers, and a very light blue t-shirt. Her buddy was an Inferno Armor Dragon.."

Noboru looked at Tasuku, who also looked as clueless as himself.

"Okay, then... I'll take that as a no," Yuna said, walking to the couch and giving her number to the blond.

Noboru stood up from his spot and headed to the door right after adding her into contacts. "Well, I should go now," Noboru said, waving a good bye and stalked out the door.

"Uhh.. Okay, bye, Noboru," Yuna said, staring at the retreating figure.

"Bye...?" Tasuku echoed after the girl, staring at the leaving boy oddly.

"Soo.... Why are you here again..?" Yuna asked, eying the boy suspiciously.

Tasuku sat on the couch, staring at Yuna blankly. "Just wanted to hang out. Why?" he asked his friend with a smile.

"Just curious.." she said, heading to her room as she untied the very loose braid and removing the clip from her bangs. Tasuku stood up from his seat and followed the girl to her room.

"Yuna, I'm going to sleep now.." Psy said, returning to his card.

"Alright, I'll rest later," Yuna told her buddy as she stretched and took off her blazer and tie.

Suddenly pushed down on to her bed, Yuna laid still with her wrists secured next to her head, wide eyed.

"..."

Tasuku stared at the girl seriously for a bit and then rested on top of her, shifting all his weight onto Yuna.

"T-tasuku-kun! Get off! You're heavy!" Yuna choked out shocked.

"Nope. Go to sleep you had a long day and seem to be very tired today," Tasuku said in a sleepy manner.

"How can I if you're lying on top of me? You're heavyyyyy!" she squeaked. "Off now!"

"Nope."

"What are you, a lap cat?!" Yuka asked, struggling to get loose from underneath the boy.

"Sure. You can say that. I'll be the cat and you'll be the owner," he said, lifting his head up a bit and turned to look at Yuna.

"Well, too bad, I'm not too fond of cats!" Yuna said, finally laying still.

Tasuku suddenly bit the girl's ear, making her flinch, and mumbled in a tired tone. "Now, you are. Well, you're fond of this cat at least. Now, go to sleep unless you want me to make you.."

Yuna blushed furiously as she shut her eyes closed. "UWAHH, OKAY! I'LL SLEEP! THAT FEELS WEIRD! LISTEN TO ME ALREADY!" she complained and mewled helpessly.

"Like I said, I'm the cat and you're the owner. Cats don't listen to their owners as much as dogs do," Tasuku said nibbling on her ear a bit longer.

"Quit it....! Now it just tickles.. I'll sleep it you stop! " she whined.

"Good night then," Tasuku mumbled resting his head next to hers.

"WAIT, YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE TOO? LIKE RIGHT NOW? GET OFF ME IF YOU ARE!" Yuna exclaimed.

"Ahhhhhh.." Tasuku opened up his mouth wide enough to nibble the girl's ear again, giving her a warning of what would happen if she didn't stop whining.

"... Okay! Okay..!" she squeaked, closing her eyes shut.

Tasuku gave a soft chuckle as he closed his mouth and smiled, drifting off to sleep and loosening his grip on her wrists.

'He seems really tired...' Yuna sighed as she wrapped an arm around the boy and rubbed his back.

'And yet he's out cold, great,' she mumbled as she tried to get him off with her eyes closed, but failed.

Tasuku started mumbling in his sleep as his breathing started to get heavy. Yuna opened an eye slightly, taking a glance over at the sleeping boy and noticing he was still in his work uniform. The girl sighed; both eyes opened, and felt the boy's forehead, feeling his temperature slowly rising.

"..... Psy.." The dragon didn't respond to the girl's call.

".... Psy!" Yuna called louder.

The card started to glow and summoned the miniature white dragon. "What is it...?" he yawned.

"Go get me a wet towel. Quick," she requested as she attempted to get Tasuku off her without waking him.

Failing terribly at pushing and rolling the boy off her, Yuna decided to just try and take off part of his uniform in the position they were in. Removing the boy's gloves and vest, Yuna sighed as she tossed it a few feet away from the two and lifted him up a bit once again to unzip the top half of his one piece uniform.

"Is something wrong with him?" Psy asked, returning with a wet towel and a bowl filled with cold water.

"His temperature is starting to rise.. Probably from stress?" Yuna said, dabbing the towel on Tasuku's face.

"I see.. I'll just leave this here.. and get back to sleep then," the dragon said, leaving the bowl filled with water onto the night table.

'He should've taken better care of himself..' Yuna sighed, lifting up his shirt and dabbing the towel onto his back.

Finally waking up from his sleep, Tasuku sat up from his position, only to see some of his clothes thrown to the side, his uniform half off, and a bowl of water with a towel hanging off to the side along with a very tired looking Yuna sleeping.

"...."

The boy stood up from where he was and wobbled, falling back down onto the bed and waking up the girl.

"Tasuku-kun, are you okay?" Yuna asked as she sat upright worried.

"Y-yeah, just slightly dizzy," he responded back.

"...You're catching a cold I believe. I don't think it's a good idea to go to school tomorrow or go anywhere in general," Yuna told the boy in a serious tone, texting Stella.

"I'm fine.. Really," Tasuku replied tiredly.

"... You're staying over here tonight.."

Yuna stared at the boy and shook her head, standing up to head to the kitchen. "Go into the other room and set out a futon for yourself," Yuna instructed.

"No thanks. I'm sleeping here tonight and I'm dragging you in with me," Tasuku responded with a smirk.

Yuna mentally face palmed herself as she blushed and left the room without another word.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Yuna asked, supporting Tasuku as the two walked to school.

"Yes, if I'm not feeling well, we'll leave early..." Tasuku said as he yawned.

"Then again today is the start of the ABC Cup so, we may leave early after.... an hour of class?" Yuna told the boy, trying to remember.

"Careful when we get to the escalator. Don't want both of us injuring ourselves now."

Tasuku nodded as he yawned tiredly.

"Okay, class. Participants of the tournament may leave early today, but before you leave, we have a new student who just transferred over from the United States," the teacher said.

"In the middle of the year?" Natsumi asked.

The girl Yuna saw the day before stepped into the classroom with a straight face, ignoring everyone's comments in class.

'Is that the girl you were talking about yesterday?' Tasuku whispered to Yuna, earning a nod.

"This is Tomomi Ayden. She just moved to Japan recently."

Ayden's gaze shifted over to Yuna, eyes lowering slightly. Yuna's body stiffened under the girl's stare as she slightly nodded a hello. The girl just brushed Yuna off and completely ignored her.

"Hmmm.... You can sit.... Behind Suzuki over there. Suzuki please stand up," the teacher asked.

'Oh god, why is it always me....' Yuna mumbled.

As the girl stood up, Tasuku remembered and thought about when the two first met in elementary. 'She sure changed a lot these past years,' Tasuku thought smiling.

Ayden walked over to her seat and sat down after Yuna took her seat, staring at her back. Yuna hesitantly looked over to Tasuku as she felt the girl's eyes burned through her back.

"Free time until the tournament starts," the teacher waved and returned to his desk.

Tasuku stared at Yuna and took little glances over to Ayden, indicating that they should talk to her. Yuna gave a mental sigh and turned around slowly as she avoided eye contact with the girl behind her, afraid she was going bite.

"Umm, hello, Tomomi-san...." Yuna said, slowly looking over at the girl and trying not to be as inconsiderate as she had always been around new people.

The girl stared at Yuna with her usual cold demeanor and left her unanswered as the awkward silence filled in.

"So.. I believe I saw you yesterday when you were moving in.....?" Yuna recalled awkwardly.

Tasuku sighed and jumped in. "Hello, I'm Ryuenji Tasuku and the girl in front of you is Suzuki Yuna. Nice to meet you," he said smiling.

Ayden completely ignored Tasuku's introduction and continued to burn holes into Yuna with her gaze, leaving a disappointed Tasuku on the side line. Yuna looked down at her lap, continuing to think of what to say to the girl as Psy came out of his card.

"Hey, you! If yo-"

Yuna grabbed the dragon and forcefully closed his mouth before he said anything stupid.

"... A Psychic Knife Dragon..? That little sorry buddy of yours sure doesn't have any manners..." Ayden mumbled as she started to glare at the dragon.

"S-sorry.." Yuna apologized softly as her cool began to snap at Ayden's stoic tone.

"Yeah, sure. Just keep that thing away and tame it or something..." the girl mumbled, looking away.

Yuna snapped at the last statement and turned towards the purple headed girl and gave a hard glare she hasn't been giving for years.

'Oh man, this is not going to end well..' Tasuku said, shaking his head.

"How about... no? I can tame YOU if you like. But I personally think Psy is fine the way he is," Yuna said through clenched teeth, smiling and having venom drip off every word she said.

Ayden shot a glare at the girl as her buddy appeared and tried holding her back.

"Why you...." Ayden growled.

"Ah ah, Ayden there you go again! Sorry about my buddy, girly, but do excuse her. Ayden isn't a people person when she first meets someone," the miniature Inferno Armor Dragon noted. Ayden threw her arm in a downward motion to shake the dragon off and crossed her arms glancing over at her buddy.

"Please excuse Yuna and Psy as well. Yuna tries hard to keep her inconsistent sarcasm and insensitive self hidden at all times. But if she snaps..... well, this type of thing happens.... And for the dragon over here... He's very protective of Yuna, so he ends up coming off.. very... rude.." Tasuku mentioned as Yuna turned over to look at the boy with a sharp glare.

"Psy, return to your card immediately. AND. I'M. SERIOUS," Yuna commanded.

The white dragon finally stopped struggling under her grasped and obeyed his buddy, returning back to his card as he growled.

"Ayden, you should apologize. I think you went too far referring her buddy as a thing and pet," Inferno Armor Dragon said, shaking the girl a bit.

Ayden sighed and glared at Yuna for a while. "And stop glaring already. She was just trying to make a conversation," the red dragon shrugged.

Ayden closed her eyes as she sucked in some air and released it, trying to calm back down. Yuna looked away as she slowly relaxed and calmed down a bit. Tasuku reached over to the girl and poked at her cheek.

"I'm starting to get dizzy again, but just get this over with, okay?" Tasuku mentioned to the girl.

Yuna let out a heavy sigh as if she was holding in her breath for the entire time.

"Sorry. What I said was rude and inconsiderate of me, but don't say anything like that about anyone close to me," Yuna said, turning around with a relaxed face expression holding back her harsh tone.

Silence filled between the two girls again after Yuna apologized. Sighing, the girl picked up her bag and stood up.

"I'll go tell the teacher that we're leaving early today," she said, stalking off.

Midori Natsumi spotted the girl leaving her seat and headed over to Yuna as she got closer to the front. "Excuse me, Suzuki?" the raven haired girl called. Yuna turned over to look at the girl with a curious look on her face.

"Yes, how may I help you, uhhh..." Yuna paused to think.

"It's Midori Natsumi. Just call me Natsumi if you like," the girl filled in for Yuna. Yuna just stood there and nodded.

"I believe that this is yours? I found this pouch sitting outside near the lockers labeled Suzuki Yuna/Kotone on it.." Natsumi said as she dug for the small bag and handed over to Yuna.

"I don't think I saw this anywhere near me...." she said, accepting the pouch. "Thank you for telling me though."

Natsumi just gave a small nod with a smile on her face and walked backed to her desk.

"Sensei, may Tasuku and I leave early today? We aren't in the tournament and Tasuku isn't feeling very well today," Yuna asked as she got closer to the desk.

Their teacher looked up from what he was doing, sat there, and thought about it for a moment. "How bad is he feeling?" he decided to ask.

"He's starting to catch a cold, I noticed, and I thought I could help him back to the police office since he's getting dizzy," she reasoned.

The teacher wrote down a note and nodded. "You both can leave early today. Stay safe now," the teacher told the girl.

"Thank you."

Tasuku looked over to see Yuna coming back, nodding an okay to him. Yuna helped the boy up to his feet and supported him before he fell over, walking off to the door.

"..Hey. Suzuki was it?" Ayden asked, sounding a little less cold than earlier. Yuna turned her head to look at the girl.

".... Sorry," Ayden said, looking away.

Yuna began walking again to get out of the classroom with Tasuku on her. "It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow then," Yuna spoke.

Ayden stared at the leaving girl and let out a 'hmph' when she disappeared out of sight.

"Feels better to apologize than to make more enemies, right?" her buddy asked.

"Yeah, sure. Just return to your card please, Inferno," she told her dragon.

"Tasuku, you're not working today, okay? Don't know what would happened if you do and I'm sure you don't want to know," Yuna said sighing.

Tasuku began to get heavier as his body weight started shifting forward.

"...Jack.. Psy.... I'm going to need help.." Yuna said, struggling to keep the boy up.

Jack flew the two students back to Yuna's house as Psy flew next to the green dragon.

"What has he been up to, Jack?" Yuna asked as she clings onto Jackknife Dragon and Tasuku for dear life.

The dragon closed his eyes for a brief second. "Working to the point where he tired himself out," he finally responded.

"This guy... God, he shouldn't make me worry like this.." Yuna said, pulling her phone out to text Stella and Takihara.

"Psy, please watch him. I'm going to work early today so I can take care of him later," Yuna asked as she left with Abend's buddy skill after bringing the boy in.

"Daisuke, let's get this over with quickly. I left school early to take care of a sick friend, so don't ask," Yuna called, rushing things to get started.

"Uhhh sure.." he responded.

After re-editing the song she wrote and recording it, Yuna left and immediately headed to the police headquarter.

"I'm here, Stella..." Yuna said in a tired tone.

"Ah! Here's his things and sorry for asking so much of you, Yuna," Stella apologized.

"It's fine. His cold just got worse when he was over at my house. Can't do anything about that," Yuna replied, trying to get her to stop apologizing.

"Here, take this as well. I noted that you have quite a dress collection and decided to get something else for you to wear," Stella said as she motioned the girl to come over.

"It's not like I like dresses and skirts nor hate them. It's just that they were gifts from my mom before she left.. I haven't been able to get rid of them," Yuna mumbled, looking away.

"Whatever you do, don't just recklessly throw them away, okay? Aren't they special to you?" Stella asked with concern as Yuna just nodded a bit.

Yuna sighed tiredly as she set the bags down in her room and looked over to see Tasuku slowly waking up.

"....Nnnghhh... I'm so tired..." he complained.

"Your fault for putting so much stress on to yourself... You fell asleep once we got out of the school building. Had to get Psy and Jack to help me get you back," Yuna pointed it out.

"..Right... Sorry," Tasuku said, grinning sheepishly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 23 12
you, you is (y/n) shiroka, a 14 year old girl. You are suddenly transported to a world you don't know where there are monsters and cards, don't know...
2.8K 54 7
"Fairy tales, huh?" Jin said. "Yep!" Gao said proudly. "I think Yuna fits as a princess and Tasuku as a prince! Me? Maybe a wolf!" "Then what about e...
6.5K 270 16
This is Rouga x Reader story, enjoy! PS: Buddyfight doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Bushiroad.
10K 86 15
Aina Sakamoto, a girl who lost her parents during the disaster, become a buddy cop and soon remeets Tasuku Ryuenji, which she soon afterwards falls f...