Skaikru ☣ Bellamy Blake [2]

By unknownnavajo

"I never wanted to be this kind of warrior. A soulless one." Nia's journey continues, except now she is amon... More

Act Three
Coming Clean
Comfortable
The Commander
The Ceasefire
Not Too Late
Arkadia
Azgeda
Ambush?
Wanheda
Mount Weather
A Trap
Summit
Winds of Change
Memorial
Can't Tell Him
Decisions, Decisions
Shouldn't Have Come
Prisoners
I Am Trikru
A Signal
Getting Out
Proving Alligences
Expansion
A New General
Unbeknown
A What?
Too Little Too Late
Message Received
Trust Is An Easy Thing To Lose
May We Meet Again
Lifting The Blockade
Sticking Together
Truths Revealed
Takeover
Hostages
Fight
Luna
Hopeful Or Hopeless
Leverage
Accepting
Rejecting
Our Mission
Improvise
A Short-Lived Victory
Act Four
Odds End
An Ally?
Blast From The Past
Trying
Making A Decision
Cutting Ties
Trikru Strength
Broken Alliances
Vulnerable Side
Salvation
A Close Call
A Conclave
Why Am I Not Shocked?
Ai Gonplei Ste Odon
Good-Byes
Another Way To Live
The End...
Book 3

Just A Moment

5.2K 166 53
By unknownnavajo

Death is inevitable but living life means that death can be unpredictable. But knowing that Praimfaya is coming takes that element away. Life became bleak for those who would get no chance at a longer one.

As the days went by Nia could sense the changes in the girls. While Fox was still willing to stand with her they all seemed to have a damper mood. They shouldn't be in Polos guarding a tower that might not even be useful to them. But they couldn't leave their post or else it would show weakness. It made Nia remember when the last time they were happy without anything disturbing that happiness.

Nia called Indra over as the plan formed in her head. The two went to an area where they wouldn't be bothered.

"I need to go out and I need you to take command." Nia informed set on her decision. It was only a matter of time for her to hand the army back over but it never seemed like time. Right now seemed like the opportunity for the warriors to begin to take orders from Indra again. It would make the transition more smoother.

"Nia-" Indra went to speak against it. Nia had excelled in the position and for her to give it up was something she thought she wouldn't do.

"No, this is how it needs to be." Nia stopped her from rejecting the gesture. "I'll be back soon, make sure they all stay here."

Without another word, Now turned and left. She went to her horse and petted him lovingly. Once she mounted she took her time making her way through the forest. Taking in all her surroundings carefully as she wasn't sure how long their world would last.

She pulled back on the reigns once she was outside her destination. She dismounted and stared at the entrance uneasily.

Taking in a deep breath, she made her way inside. The inside seemed cold and lonely as it seemed so long since she had been there. Her once home no longer felt comforting. Now it seemed to harbor the ghosts that haunted her. The memories too painful as she walked inside.

Her first stop was Lincoln's corner. His belongings scattered around as she stepped closer. She picked up a book that lingered by taking a seat on his bed before opening it up.

Drawing had always been his vice and she loved seeing his final work after he spent so much time on them. His only two journal were currently in the possession of others, while the one in her hand only held drawings of the world around them before Skaikru.

Her heart hurt the more time she sat there and thought of him. None of her family deserved the end that they had and she wished for nothing more than for them to be beside her. But maybe their deaths were timely because now their deaths would be met in a firey blaze. They died without suffering.

Setting the book aside, she made her way to her part of the cave. She moved aside her belongs until she came across what she had been searching for. Throwing the items in a bag and threw it over her shoulder as she was quick to make her way out. She couldn't bear to stay in there any longer.

By that time the night sky begun to look overhead. She was glad for it as it would help her complete her task with little difficulty. She steered the horse in the direction she needed liking the silence that overcame her. The only noise was her horse whenever a branch snapped under it's hooves. Not knowing that the sound had caught someone's attention not far away.

Bellamy had followed Jasper out into the woods when Jasper had left him with no choice. The boy seemed dead set on a suicide mission as black rain could fall at any time. Their while trip was spent with Jasper talking about their inevitable end. As much as Bellamy didn't want to lose hope, he had.

Every time they had tried to find a solution to survival, something came along and stole it from them. It was beginning to look like they had no way of escaping this extinction now.

After traveling all day, Jasper had called out to what he had been looking for. The hallucinogenic nuts. He shook his head once he realized Jasper's intentions. He wouldn't be willing to take those nuts again not after what happened last time. But now the hallucinagin might be ten times worse especially with his decisions still lingering in his mind.

A snap caught his attention as he brought his gun up. Even after so much time on the ground, it still wasn't safe for them outside their walls. Not wanting to take their chances, he ordered for Jasper to stay while he took a look. The boy couldn't care less as he continued to collect.

His movements silent as he walked toward the sound. The branches continued to break until they came to a stop. It wasn't till he caught sight of the field that he realized where he was.

He had long forgotten about the butterfly field until that moment. And then his body frozen once he saw her silhouette. His lungs forgot how to breath as he watched her. He had never thought to see her again let alone with just them two.

She was crouched on the forest floor as she simply watched the insects fly overhead. It was tranquil to her. It eases all her thoughts as she felt comforted. It seemed like so long for her to feel like that.

All her fears vanished as she wanted to stay there. There she wasn't alone. There she could be valuable with no care.

A rustle from behind made her stand quickly and draw her bow. Her breath hitched as she realized who it was. She knew that one day this might happen especially with what was to come but she didn't expect it to happen so soon.

His gun hung at his side as he held his hands up. She lowered her bow and settled her breathing as he stepped forward.

"I didn't expect to see you out here." He was the first to speak. Nia stayed silent as she wasn't sure what to say. "How are the girls?"

"Fine. I left them in Polis for their own safety." Nia replied but her answer was rather ironic. Polis was currently in a state of border wars, yet there among hundreds of warriors is where they're were safest.

"Then what are you doing out here?" He asked wondering why she was there so far from Polis.

"I needed to do something at least before Praimfaya destroyed everything." She answered honestly.

It was silent as Nia was unsure how to tell him about what had happened just as he was unsure how to ask her. Their once strong relationship laid before them in pieces. If it had been months earlier, they would have no problem with communicating but how do you communicate when so much has happened?

"How's," Bellamy went to ask but the words seem to catch in his throat. "How's the baby?"

Now sucked in a breath at the question. Her eyes dated down as she didn't want to look at his reaction. Her breath quicken as the memories came flooding back.

Dread began to settle in him as she had yet to answer. A lump formed in his throat the more he watched her. A gasp escaped her throat after a moment, her body on the verge of a panic attack.

"Nia." He called out his voice cracking slightly.

Her eyes snapped up and her eyes full of tears. She struggled to breath as their eyes connected and the tears began to flow.

At the sight of her, he wanted no time to step forward and gather her in his arms. Small sobs left her as her body shook in his arms.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She repeated over and over.

His shushed her and rubbed her back soothingly while placing small pecks to her temple. His own tears falling from his face. His child was gone and there was nothing he could do.

Both took comfort in the others presence as they stayed that way for what seemed like hours. Nia was the first to pull back before taking a couple steps back.

"Maybe it's for the best. I mean why bring a child into the world only for it to live for a short time." She whispered. "Maybe we were never meant to last."

Her statement was true for the most part but her last cut him deep. He never wanted for her to feel that way. He wanted her to know how much he loved her and how much he cared until the day he died. He wanted to be with her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything. I never meant to hurt you. I was only trying to protect you and the girls." He began to express everything seeing how he might not get the chance to. "I let my anger consume me and I pushed you away. I never should've sided with him. I never should've picked up a gun because now I've lost everyone. I lost you and the girls. And my sister, she blames me for Lincoln and she should, his death is on me."

His head was down making Nia step forward and pull his head up. She looked into his eyes and saw all the pain and guilt in them.

"Lincoln's death is not on you. He died protecting his people and no one could've talked him out of it. Pike killed him. You were merely a puppet to him." Nia tried to soothe him and ease the guilt that he held. "At least now he wouldn't suffer the same fate we are. He made his peace with death long before that moment."

Bellamy took her hands from his cheeks and placed a soft kiss to each. "Stay with me." He requested not wanting to go any longer without her or the others. If these were their last days then they should be with those they love.

Nia placed her forehead against his as she let out a breath. She wanted nothing more than for them to stay in that moment away from all the problems they faced but she couldn't.

"I have to get back, they need me." She spoke out making them dread their seperation. But it had been too long since she had left Polis and she needed to return.

Bellamy placed a kiss to her forehead as he knew her mind was set. He didn't want to part but there was nothing he could do.

It was all too familiar to her. Being in his arms and the small kisses that lingered on her skin. It was like her body acted on its own will. She leaned up and connected their lips. The kiss full of love and passion as they never wanted that moment to end.

"I love you." She breathed against his lips as she pulled back slightly. "May we meet again."

Before she could change her mind she walked away from him back to her horse. She grabbed a hold of her bag and mounted her horse. Looking back once more before she turned and rode off into the night.

His feet wanted to run after and pull her back to him. To continue to hold her in his arms no matter his much time they had. A part of him healed after talking with her.

With a heavy heart he made his way back to where he came. He had long forgotten about Jasper and his task as their journey back was silent.

Jasper and a girl had tried to lure him into having fun sith them but his mind was only on Nia. He say in his room with the picture of the sonogram and in that moment he made a decision.

It didn't matter if Clarke and the rest had found a nightblood solution. It didn't matter if his people wanted him there, when it came time he would go out and be with the people he loves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 5.4K 20
*COMPLETELY RE-EDITED* "I'm a Grounder. I'm of the Trikru. I'm not just going to leave that all behind." Joyla is a Grounder. She's a skilled warrior...
87.6K 1.8K 33
"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜; 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤...
52.8K 1.3K 25
Clarke is forcibly sent to the ground a few years earlier. The grounders make her part of their community, teaching her to fight and their customs. A...
183K 5.7K 23
in which Erica Parker escapes Mount Weather, and lands right in the middle of a war between peoples, finding romance along the way. "Love is not weak...