Bad Secrets (Bad News Series...

By _kylienkhloe

*New Version of the Bad News Series coming in 2018/2019* One Lie. One Promise. One Ending. 6 months later... More

Bad Secrets (Sequel to Bad News) George Shelley, Union J Fanfic
Trailer
Character Profile
Before you read...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
New Trailer
Chapter 19
Chapter 19 (PART 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Behind the scenes video for Bad News/Secrets
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
um...
Hi
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
I'm sorry...
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 - LAST CHAPTER.
Update and thank you
Epilogue - Part 1 (Vegas)
Epilogue Part 2 - The Ending
Deleted Scenes
Deleted Scene 1 - Jack & Jess
Deleted Scene 2 - Matt & Juliet
Trilogy? Third book?
Third & Last - Bad Bets

Chapter 31

2.8K 65 31
By _kylienkhloe

“Geez, slow down. What's the rush?!”

Isabella remained on her hospital bed, sat, this time, rather than lying down, watching George race around the room like his arse was on fire.

It had been 3 weeks. 3 long agonising weeks of her body feeling as though it was shrivelling into a hunched over mess. She had barely been allowed to move from the not so comfy sheets, and boredom had become one of her biggest challenges.

George had spent a lot of nights with her. Taking any moment he got free from the gang, to hang out with her at the eerie vibe of the hospital. It meant that she had company, but it also meant she constantly felt bad about him having to hang around. He had nothing to do and she spent a lot of time sleeping. However, he was still adamant that he would remain with her every moment he could.

George had also been to see his brothers once more in between visiting Isabella. Once in the whole three weeks hadn't necessarily been enough for him, but things had been tough. Heather had spoken to Eric about the whole ordeal, but it hadn't gone down well. He had been fuming that she had gone behind his back to arrange the whole meeting and claimed it wasn't safe.

He was partly right, you couldn't disagree with that fact. I mean, Heather wasn't fully aware of what George was doing with his life. She wasn't aware that he was still apart of a gang and spent the majority of his life watching his back. It wasn't safe for his brothers to be involved in that, but now that he had them back in his life, he refused to let them go.

“I can't wait to get you out of this shitty place.” Was George's reply as he literally lifted Isabella up from the bed, so he could make sure they had packed all of her belongings up, before placing her back down.

“Hey, it wasn't too bad...” Her voice was so unconvincing and so was the cheeky smile aimed in his direction.

Pausing and looking over at her he held up his middle finger, and pointed to it.

“Do you know what this right here is?”

Isabella just frowned, watching over at him like he had lost his mind.

“This right here is my finger, and what does this finger mean you ask?”

“Actually I didn't a...” She began before he quickly cut her off.

“This finger means bullshit. What you just said was bullshit, utter, utter bullshit.”

Putting his finger back down, he ran a hand through his hair as a burst of laughter came from Isabella's lips, her head tipping back in hysterics.

“What the hell was that George?” She barely managed to force out through her laughter.

“My bullshit finger.” He replied, as if it was totally normal.

She had no following answer to give, her stomach felt like it was caving in and her eyes were streaming. It wasn't so much of an innocent gesture, I mean, he did just pretty much swear at her, but in George it looked so innocent. The fact that he wasn't intending to be funny, yet the whole thing was hilarious, made it adorable.

“What even is a bullshit finger?”

Shrugging his shoulders, he pulled a packet of cigarettes from his jacket pocket, followed by fishing for the lighter that had seemed to vanish in an invisible hole.

“Calum taught me it. I thought it was pretty cool.”

Isabella's eyes widened.

“Your thirteen year old brother taught you about the bullshit finger?!”

She was now the one speaking as if this bullshit finger was actually a thing, when it was probably something that was used on the playground at school.

“Yeah.” He snickered, not only at the concept but also at her shock.

“He's thirteen!!”

Finally finding the lighter, George pulled out a cigarette, lining it up between his lips and stalking over to the window. Pushing it wide open and leaning his head out, he lit the end, inhaling with one long satisfactory intake, before speaking.

“He's a teenager. C'mon Iz, he's like his brother.”

Biting her lip, she tried to hold back the laughter. It was true, he was. She had only met them the once, but she had seen it in him instantly. He was confident and cocky, even for a young boy. He had his brothers looks, but most importantly he had his personality. You could see the initial mischief in his eyes the moment you began speaking to him. Whereas five year old Braxton was the complete opposite. He was as innocent as they got. He was your typical cheeky child, constantly wanting to be on the go and have fun, but he was all sweet and innocence. He was much shyer than Calum, and Isabella didn't know their parents so couldn't pinpoint on who he took after.

“You shouldn't be smoking in here.” Isabella diverted the topic of conversation, as the smoke was blown out of the window but hazing back in due to the wind.

“Technically I'm doing it outside.” He looked back her way briefly.

“Technically you're not.”

She pointed around the room where there were obvious signs of smoking misting around. Luckily the door was shut so there was no instant run in of a nurse or doctor warning George for the one hundredth time that he had to leave or they would be forced to call security. However, there were smoke alarms, and it sure wouldn't be long until one went off.

“You're leaving in a second Iz, who's going to give a shit?”

She knew regardless of what time she was leaving, the nurses would mostly definitely give a shit. They had given a shit throughout the whole of her stay. They had been polite to begin with, but as the weeks progressed they got more and more agitated. The funny thing was, George himself, still didn't give a shit. He would do it more once he knew it pissed them off. He would lay in bed with her after they had told him not to. He would move furniture around in the room to suit himself, after they had suggested it best not to. And now here he was, standing at the window smoking, when he knew, they would lose it the moment they saw him.

“They will. You've been out of trouble for a while, don't do something stupid.” She replied, referring something worse than just getting kicked out of a hospital.

She didn't want him getting called on by the police. The guys as a unit had been caught for different things a number of times, but the past few weeks had been much quieter. They had remained on with the gang as decided but kept things to a minimum.

“Calm that pretty head of yours.” He spoke mid exhaling the smokes haze.

Throwing the cigarette out the window he walked over to her, taking her hands and urging her up from the bed. Cupping each side of her face, he leaned down, gently blowing out the remaining smoke across her lips.

Turning her head, she began coughing lightly, laughing up at him.

“Did you have to do that?”

The edge of his mouth curved up into that all so famous smirk before he prevented her from saying anymore, pressing his lips to hers, he slid his hands around her waist.

“It smells revolting in here, what kind of hospital is this?!” That ear piercing voice of Sharon bounced around the walls of the small combined space of the room.

For a moment Isabella refused to pull herself away from George, enjoying the moment too much to face the reality of what was going to be stood in front of her.

“Oh my!” That voice spoke again, causing Isabella to pull away instantly this time, knowing exactly what it was aimed at.

Turning her face to the entrance of the door, she saw her Aunt Sharon stood there, covered from head to toe in clothes that likely cost more than Isabella got paid a month. Her hair was neatly groomed as usual in a perm bulging out around her face. Her lips were covered in some bright pink lipstick that she was too old to be wearing now. As her eyes glared in the direction of George and Isabella, watching the both of them in nothing less than disgust.

“Aunt Sharon?” Isabella whispered, still breathless from her and George's previous actions.

“Wh-what are you doing here?”

“Who's this?” She snapped, ignoring Isabella's initial question and instead, turning to look at George.

She scaled her eyes up and down his body, clearly taking in the number of tattoo's that were visible. He was currently wearing a jacket, that was covering his arms, and Isabella couldn't help but think of how much more extreme her reaction could have been, if he hadn't have been.

He was wearing all black. One of her Aunt's pet hates. She said it expressed danger. That it expressed unkindness, troublemakers and only the heartless wore black. She had always said that colours represented happiness, love and the kind heart. This is where Calum's bullshit finger would really come in handy.

“I'm George Shelley...” He spoke confidently, stepping forward and holding out his hand.

Sharon continued to stare at him in disgust, like he was some sort of creature in a zoo behind bars. Her lips were pursed, the one thing she liked to do to 'prove' she was better than a person. However, I knew this wouldn't work with George.

“...Isabella's fiance, and you are?”

Isabella wanted to laugh. She wanted to laugh at his innocence with not so obvious intentions behind the words he spoke. He didn't know who she was. He wasn't aware how this person stood in front of him, was associated with Isabella. Why was that? Because she hadn't been around. It was like much of Isabella's family really. She had a lot of it, but none of them were ever around. None of them stuck by to watch Isabella grow up, or help her and her mum through the tough loss of Joe a few years ago. They had wanted nothing to do with them the moment her mother met Scott.

“Fiance?!?!” That ear aching voice screeched, her mop of hair looking as though it could fly from her head, leaving a shinny polished scalp.

Isabella pulled her bottom lip into her mouth, twiddling her fingers before finally looking up and giving her eye contact.

“Yes.” Was all she mumbled, mentally hitting herself for letting her Aunt make her feel about 10x smaller.

George had caught on with exactly what Isabella was thinking, stepping back and linking his hand through hers, purposely running his finger over the ring.

“Fiance?!” Her Aunt panicked once more.

“Yes Sharon, he is my fiance. What are you doing here?”

“No. No he is not. What on earth do you think you're doing Isabella?”

Her eyes were pinched, squinting, anger an unmissable feature about her right now.

“And what does your mother think of this?”

“She's happy for me.” Isabella spat back, knowing herself that was a complete lie.

Her mum didn't know. She hadn't seen her mum in weeks and didn't think it was likely she would see her anytime soon either. She had spoken to her once since being in hospital and her mum had sounded panicked, adamant that she should come home. However, she also didn't seem herself. The conversation was kept short and it was unclear why. It had been finalised that she stayed put. Isabella knew as much as her mum wanted to be with her, that whatever was keeping her away from home this long, was going to keep her there regardless of Isabella's state.

The conversation had ended at that. Sarah was staying where she was and Isabella was left wondering. She had told Joe and he was sure he would figure it out, but she didn't know anymore. Things didn't just get 'figured out', it took more than that.

“Oh of course she would be, what with your sad excuse of a father!”

That was one thing Isabella and her Aunt agreed on, but difference being, Isabella hadn't disowned her mum for it, like the whole family had.

“You still didn't answer my question.” George spoke up once more, frustration was clear in his voice but Isabella was praying he would keep it contained to make things easier.

“Sharon, her Aunt.” She quipped, not even looking his way.

“Pleasure to meet you.” He smirked, tugging at the collars on his jacket, wanting nothing more than a reaction out of her.

“It's a bit hot in here, don't you think?”

Then with that, George pushed the leather jacket down from his shoulders, to reveal just his black top. All tattoo's on his arms were now on full view to her Aunt's bulging eyes. She looked like she had just seen a murder been committed before her as she stared at the black ink, scaling his arms.

Fanning herself down with her hand, she bee-lined to the first chair she could see, taking a seat in some dramatic manner. Chuckling to himself, George threw his jacket on the bed, making his way over to the window. Picking up the cigarettes he had left on the side he stuffed them in his pocket, all the while Sharon watching him with a shocking look.

As much as Isabella wanted to slap him one for acting up, it was quite refreshing how comfortable he was with being himself. He had chosen the best option, not letting her get to him, because the moment she knew she patrionised you, that was it, you would never win.

“Isabella.” Sharon sighed, like she had just run a marathon. “How are you?”

Sitting down on the bed adjacent to her Aunt's seat, she looked over with a half smile, no emotion behind it.

“I'm fine.”

“Why are all your bags packed?”

“Because I'm going home.”

“But I heard you took a nasty beating. How can you possibly be going home now?”

“Because It's been 3 weeks.”

And that was how the conversation went on. Short and snappy, with no means of prolonging it for anymore than need be.

It didn't matter how many years had passed, Isabella still held a grudge. Her mum's side of the family only got involved when they had to. They didn't care, they never had, the moment Sarah had decided to choose a different pathway that didn't match their high standards.

“Do you need somewhere to stay? Someone to look after you? You can stay with me, I have a few friends who could do a smashing job of making you feel better.” Sharon blurted out like it was a race. “Then, you can also see your cousins, catch up with the family.”

“I'm going to look after her just fine.” George spoke up, swinging the keys around his middle finger.

“Isabella.” Sharon looked her way, trying to plead her case and get her away, but she should have known she wouldn't get it.

“I'm staying at home with George.”

Pursing her lips once more, wanting to say so much, but instead thinking twice, Sharon stood to her feet.

“Okay. Do you mind if I speak to my niece for a moment George?” Her voice was controlled but you could tell she was anything but on the inside. “I haven't seen her in a long time and would like to catch up.”

Looking to Isabella to ensure that she was okay with that, she nodded lightly.

“Sure.” He quipped, standing to his feet and running a hand down the side of Isabella cheek, before cupping her chin.

“Stand up for yourself baby.” He mumbled against her lips before leaving a her with a brief kiss and strolling over to her Aunt.

“Nice meeting you.” He said, holding out his hand once more, to this time she took, shaking it, before he disappeared out the door, leaving the two alone.

Walking down the halls of the hospital, George pulled his phone out from his pocket, dialling in Joe's number and holding it up to his ear.

Just as he walked by a desk of nurses, it was as if they were waiting for him to go by anytime soon and make some kind of mistake. One of them jumped up from her desk, scurrying over to him.

“Excuse me Sir, no phones allowed on in this hospital.”

“I'm leaving.” He mumbled, not even turning to look her way.

“But you must turn it off until you are outside.” She responded once more, a little agitated this time.

“Alright.” He held a hand up, but not removing his phone while he continued to walk away.

He kept his conversation with Joe short as he made his way outside, letting him know that they would be leaving the hospital soon. Joe had done everything to keep the peace in the past few weeks so that Isabella would be coming back to a safe surrounding. They had yet to have the talk with Brent and the others, confirming they knew just what they had been up to. But, they all knew right now wasn't the time. Isabella needed to be home and well before they could jump into anything serious like that.

George had also finally agreed to Joe's decision of training Isabella up a bit. He knew Joe's intention would always be the best for his little sister, but it still didn't feel completely right. George never wanted her getting involved in the gang life and felt like she was doing just that by learning a few things from them. But, then again, he knew it was best for her safety. If she didn't learn this now, if things took a nasty turn she wouldn't be able to look out for herself. She wouldn't survive it.

*

It had been a good few hours before Isabella's Aunt had finally left and Isabella had been checked over once more, and given the go ahead to leave.

George and herself were both now in his car, on the way back and hopefully away from that place for good.

“This feels fucking amazing.” George said as he wound down the window, leaning his elbow out over the edge.

“You're not the one who was even stuck in that place!” Isabella laughed, also letting some air into the car to spread across her face.

“But, I've spent the past 3 weeks living with your brother, who still wants to kill me for us, rather than my fucking gorgeous fiancee.”

Looking his way for a moment, she bit her lip, holding back a laugh. Joe was still pissed off with George and it would take a while for it to pass. He wasn't so much pissed anymore that he didn't follow the rule of 'protecting from afar', now it was more based just on the fact they were a couple.

I think if any guys bestfriend ending up taking the hand in marriage of their sister, the brother would have every right to feel defensive. But, I think it had been made clear between the two, if George ever fucked up, he wouldn't get away easily.

“You must have re-kindled your relationship a bit.” She asked hopeful.

“Your brother likes to hold a grudge Iz, much like yourself.”

With that last comment, he earned a slap on his arm from a frowning Isabella Roads, before he took a sharp turn left on a 'T' opening.

“Right, George. You should have gone right.” Isabella pointed in the direction where her neighbourhood was. “You've been living there for 3 weeks, you can't still not know the way.”

But he didn't answer, he continued to drive, his hand tapping on the side of the window as he drove. Just as Isabella began to talk again, George swapped hands, placing his right on the steering wheel and using his left to take hers in his. Interconnecting their fingers he ran his thumb over the top, trying to distract her away from speaking.

“George.” She continued, trying to grasp his attention that wasn't going to work, only causing him to chuckle.

“Trust me.” Was all he said.

They had been driving down this road for a good ten minutes before he took one last turning up another street. Pulling up outside a house, Isabella's eyes didn't move from his face the whole time, trying to wait for him to actually say something, to explain himself. Coming to a stop, he finally looked her way, cupping her face with his hands and placing a kiss to her lips.

“Welcome home baby.” He mumbled, urging his head in the direction of the house.

She didn't know what to say. She didn't quite understand what was happening. Turning her head she saw from the window, Braxton and Calum stood outside. Calum ran over and pulled open her car door as if working for royalty. Then, Braxton came running over, a key in his hand connected to a long golden ribbon tied neatly on the end.

Taking Calum's outstretched hand, she stepped out of the car, the whole scene feeling as though she were a princess...minus the clothes she was wearing, considering she had just left a hospital.

“Hi.” She breathed out, barely being able to speak as she looked down to George's brothers, both displaying huge smiles.

She watched as George came around to her side, shrugging his leather jacket on and wrapping an arm around her waist, as he ruffled Braxton's messy hair.

“Here.” Five year old Braxton held his chubby hand up in Isabella's direction, the key dangling from it.

“It's for you, from George.” He smiled, all his teeth on show, his eyes squinting.

He was the kind of boy that you just wanted to pick up and cuddle for hours and not let him go. Then you had Calum, leaned up against the car, arms crossed, trying to look as calm and grownup as possible. Times like this was when you could see George in him. He was wearing a leather jacket that was pretty much matching George's own, black jeans and a white shirt. He looked smart, there was no denying that.

Isabella looked to George, still complete bewilderment over her face, but never the less she was smiling.

“C'mon.” Was all George said, as he took her hand and guiding her up the path and to the door.

The boys followed after them, picking up a pace to catch up. As they opened the door, with a still very confused looking Isabella clinging onto George's hand, a scream of people echoed from inside.

“WELCOME HOME!” They all yelled, the voices around the room coming from people such as Joe, Sophie, Elliot, Jack and more. All her closest friends and then just a mixture of people she knew, all standing surrounded by balloons and banners.

“Oh my god.” Was all she managed to say as her eyes fluttered away the tears, looking to George and then back to the large crowd of people.

“This is all ours baby.” George mumbled, placing his lips to the top of her head.

Then she burst into tears, she couldn't hold it in anymore. Looking around the room, it was beautiful. This whole thing was beautiful. She had her own home, her and George, at twenty years old, him twenty two. As much as they both had drawn the short straw in life, it had benefited them in the long run. Two people with messed up backgrounds had crashed into each others lives and now here they were, getting to live their own little fairytale. It may not be perfect, it may not be your average Cinderella story, but it was perfect for Isabella. Someone who loved her was all she ever wanted, and she got just that.

“I love it. I love you.”

*

As the welcome home party came to an end, it was all about goodbyes. The next 6 months were going to be used wisely. The gang had made the deal to continue as they were until Jess had given birth. That of which wouldn't occur until those 6 months were up.

They would continue with light gang work, but that would be it. Jay and Joe were going to take on most of the jobs, giving Jess time to deal with the pregnancy, and George time to spend with Isabella. It was an agreement that never would have happened under Brent's rules, but things were different now and he didn't have to know.

Brent, Josh and Matt were still unaware they had been figured out, but that was a bonus. It meant Jay and Joe could work alongside them, take money from them, and it would seem as though things were normal, when they were so far from it.

Once the 6 months were up, and the baby was born, that would be it. It would be time to give up the gang for good and hand over everything they had learned, everything that had been their life. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was a mature one. Something they needed to make.

Until then, they were going to use these 6 months in the best way possible for themselves.

As for Sophie, she had surprisingly taken some time off and she was about to go travelling with a work colleague, who went by the name of Todd. Much to Elliot's disapproval, she was going anyway, needing to get away and do something different with her life, even if she didn't know the guy all too well.

As for Elliot himself, him and Juliet were taking some time to rekindle their relationship with their family. They had both leaped off too far into their own lives, leaving a void with those of blood relation that needed to be fixed. There would also be time for friends; Jack and Elliot spending the last few months doing the childish things they could, before Jack became a father. And Juliet to get out and have some fun after the heart wrenching breakup with Matt – that she had to claim was for other reasons, rather than the secret he was keeping-.

As for Jack, he was going to continue being Jack. Running the car business and partying at night, not feeling guilty when Jess couldn't join him due to the temptation of alcohol being there. But one thing was different, over the case of the 6 months, him and Jess were going to attempt to move in together. When it happened, they would leave her place to Jay, so he finally had some freedom of his own room.

Lastly, Isabella and George were going to soak up these 6 months as best as they could. They were going to make up for all the times they hadn't got to spend together because of business. They were going to make up for all the drama that had stopped them from living that normal life they craved for. They were going to spend time, just them. In hope that nothing would distract them.

George's brothers had also invited themselves around every Saturday to spend with the pair, and they both couldn't be happier.

The 6 months sounded perfect. But none of them seemed to take the thought into account, that at the end, they were going to be experiencing the worst few weeks of their lives.

You couldn't get out of the gang life with a click of a finger.

Death and sacrifice, were what it was going to take.

♥ 

thank yooooou for your comments on the last ILY ILY ILY ILY ILY!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.5M 51.3K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
16.2M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...