The Flame (Avengers Fanfictio...

By AvengersPey

ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS HAWKEYE'S GIRL. Growing up in the limelight as Tony Stark's adopted little sister wasn't... More

News
1-The Start
2-The Captain
3-Backstory
4- The Start
5- Lies
6-Going to Hell
7-The Mistake
8-Life and Death
9-Rain Keeps Falling
10- High Slits and Blushes
11-He Hit Me (It Didn't Feel Like a Kiss)
12-Kill Bill Vol. One
13-Rhiannon
14-Bad Moon Rising
15-Ring of Fire
16-God Bless the Child
17-Walk On The Wild Side
18- Jackson
19- So This is Love
20- The Sound of Silence
21- Rose Hill, TN
22-Seven Wonders
23- Emmeline and the Devil
24-Hey God? It's Me
25-Runaway
Part 2: 26-Dancing With the Devil
27-Doves In The Wind
28-I Had Strings
29-Together
30-Huge Mistakes
31-The Other Woman
32-A Depressed State of Mind
33-Final Battle
34-The Aftermath
35-Is This What You Wanted
36-Runaway
37-No Good Deed (Goes Unpunished)
38-Lowlife
39-God Knows I Tried
39.5-Mine//Jolene
Part 3: 40-Civil War
41-Sokovia Accords
42-A Huge Mess
44-On The Run
45-All Night
46-Haunted
BTW
47-Loyalty
Part 4: 48-Infinity War
49-Wakanda Forever
50-Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
51-hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have
52-breathin
53-Dream a Little Dream of Me
54-Heart of Glass
55-Cherry Bomb
56-You Are My Sunshine
57-You'll Be In My Heart
Prequel is up!
58-i love you
59-Lucky Ones
Part 5: 60-Endgame
61-Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
62-Blue
63-Landslide
64-Time in a Bottle
65-Tainted Love
66-Don't Stop Me Now
67-Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
68-Silhouettes
69-Stuck in the Middle With You
70-Its Quiet Uptown
71-Hurt
72-Lay Me Down
73-Stayin Alive
74-Dear Theodosia
Part 6: 75-Arsonist's Lullabye
76-Timshel
77-A BOY IS A GUN*
78-Love song
79-From the Grave
80-How to disappear
81-Wolves
82-everything I wanted
83-Heartless
84-Power is Power
85-Bonfire
86-She
87-To Be So Lonely
Please Read!!
88-In a Week
Bonus: Cheating
Bonus: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Bonus: Alternate Situations
The Playlist

43-Family Feud

4.5K 109 47
By AvengersPey

"I don't think you two understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon tells us as we get out of the little Volkswagen bug that we are "borrowing".

"It's low profile." Steve says in response as we walk to her car as she pop opens her trunk.

"Good. Because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." She says, showing us all of the gear, "Also do you know hard it is to get a marriage license for two wanted criminals? I had bribe a few people."

"We owe you big time, Sharon." I say, hugging her tightly. She hugs me back, which makes me smile. What Steve and I asked of her was such a big favor...we could never ever repay her.

"I'll add it to the list, Mrs Rogers. You know, he tried to kill me." She says, motioning her head to Bucky in the bug. He looks very awkward in the tiny back seat. Maybe I should've stolen a bigger car.

"Sorry. I'll add it to the list. They're going to come looking for you." Steve says as I hold his hand. Sharon is definitely out of a job at this point and I doubt she'll be able to find one after this.

"I know." She responds with a smile, looking at the two of us.

"Thank you, Sharon." Steve says as Sharon hugs the both of us. Steve and I carry the gear back to the small car, the heavier stuff in my husband's arms. I put it all in the trunk before climbing in back with Bucky. Sharon drives off just as Steve gets into the car.

"So you two are married? Officially?" Bucky asks, looking at me. I nod, a smile on my face. The blond man in front of me was 100% my husband. All mine, bitches.

"Your brother is going to be so pissed." Sam says from the front seat, which earns him a slap to the back of the head from me. Bucky chuckles, smiling at me.

"I like her Steve." He says with a grin. Steve chuckles as we drive off, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Thanks, Buck."

-

We drive the little car all the way to the airport, where we park beside a white van. Steve and Sam get out before Bucky and I push their seats up and climb out. Wanda and Clint get out of the van.

"Cap." Clint calls out, shaking Steve's hand. For once, I was relieved to see Clint. Steve had asked me before hand if it would be okay to call him in and I gave him the complete go ahead. We needed as many people as could get if we were going to take down an army of super soldiers.

"We wouldn't have called if we had any other choice." Steve says as Sam and I stand nearby.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I have a debt to repay." Clint says, looking at Wanda and then me. I nod, acknowledging him.

"Thanks for having my back." Steve says and Wanda shrugs.

"It was time to get off my ass." Wanda says before looking at me, a smile on her face. There was no more anger between us. There was no point in being anger for what happened between us.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asks. Clint walks over to the van, opening the sliding door to reveal a sleeping man.

"He's ready to go. Needs a little coffee, but should be good." Clint says, startling Scott Lang and making him wake up. I grin and Sam crosses his arms over his chest. Scott gets up, looking very confused.

"What time zone is this?" Scott asks, getting nudged in our direction by Clint, "Ca-Captain America."

"Mr Lang." Steve says and Scott shakes his hand for an uncomfortable amount of time. The prodigy to Hank Pym looks amazed by the fact he's meeting my husband. God, I love saying that. My husband.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow, this is awesome. Captain America." He says, turning to look at Wanda, pointing at Steve, "Hey I know you too. You're great. Holy shit, you're Peyton Stark." Scott says when he turns back around again. I chuckle.

"Actually it's Peyton Stark-Rogers. Hi Scott." I say, giving him a wave. Wanda's widen and she looks at Steve and then me.

"Good for you! Look, I know you know a lot of super people so thanks for thinking of me. Hey man!" Scott says, pointing at Sam.

"What's up tic tac?" Sam asks, which makes all of us look at Sam, a little confused. Didn't realize he knew Scott enough to give him a nickname. He doesn't have friends outside of us.

"Hey good to see you. Uh what happened last time-" Scott starts, but Sam cuts him off.

"It was a great audition. It'll never happen again." Sam says, smirking. I raise an eyebrow at Sam.

"They tell you what we are up against?" Steve asks, making the situation serious once more.

"Something about some psycho assassins?"

"We are outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted criminal." Steve explains as I walk back to the bug, opening the trunk. I'm still focused on the conversation, but we can't lallygag.

"Yeah, what else is new." Scott says with a shrug.

"We should get moving." Bucky calls out, to which I nod.

"Got a chopper lined up." Clint says before a warning goes off over the intercom in some language. I look at Bucky as I pull out his designated suit.

"They're evacuating the airport." He translates and I toss him his suit. Bucky catches it with his metal hand, nodding a thank you in my direction.

"It has to be Tony." I say as I pull out my red suit. He's really being safer, huh? Completely different from before.

"Stark?"

"Suit up." Steve commands before turning around. He grabs his suit as I kick off my shoes, "You sure you still want to do this? Especially since now you're going to be fighting your brother?"

"Steve, I already married you. I'm not going to leave you now. And besides, I've been fighting Tony since I was three. It's just recently he's been able to maybe have a chance at beating me." I say with a smile as I take off my clothes and pull on my red suit, zipping it up. He starts putting on his as well. We are speaking low enough just for each other to hear, but I know Bucky with his super soldier hearing can hear us.

"I'm just making sure." He says softly in response. I nod, pulling on my boots, throwing my clothes into the car. Sharon still had our marriage certificate for safekeeping. Who knows if we are going to see that again.

"Peyton Rogers has a real nice ring to it." Steve says with a smile as finishes putting on his suit. I laugh and kiss him before he puts on his mask. When we pull away, Sam and Bucky are smirking at us. I flip them both off.

-

Steve and I run out together towards the chopper, but before we can do anything, my brother fires a projectile at it. Both Rhodey and Tony land in front of us.

"Wow it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Isn't it weird?" Tony asks as his face plate slides up.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey says in response.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, The psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve attempts to explain just as the Black Panther jumps down.

"Captain. Miss Stark." T'Challa greets us. It takes everything in me to not correct him. Not the place, nor the time.

"Your highness." Steve greets in response. He doesn't sound all to happy about it. I don't even greet the guy.

"Anyway, Ross gave me thirty-six hours to bring you guys in. That was twenty-four hours ago. Can't you help a brother out?" Tony asks as he looks at me, heavy emphasis on the brother.

"Tony, you're after the wrong guy. Bucky didn't do it." I attempt to explain. My brother isn't having any of it. But Starks are already stubborn headed.

"Your judgement is a-skewed, your boyfriend's friend is the one who did it. Your war buddy, Steve, killed innocent people yesterday." Tony says, glaring at both of us. I don't know what makes him more mad: the fact that I'm not on his side or the fact that I'm standing with Steve.

"And there's five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony, I can't." Steve explains.

"Steve, Pey, you two know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?" Natasha asks, stepping closer to us. We don't respond. Her eyes linger on me, like if she thinks I might change my mind here.

"Alright, I've run out of patience. Underroos!" Tony yells out. Suddenly, a web-like material shoots down and Steve's shield is ripped away from him by a kid wearing-I'm going to fucking kill my brother. Steve's hands are wrapped in the weblike material as the kid wearing the suit I designed lands with Steve's shield.

"Nice job, kid." Tony says happily as I glare at my brother.

"Thanks! I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit-it's nothing Mr Stark it's perfect thank you-" I cut the kid off by moving forward.

"Tony didn't design that suit, I did." I snap, glaring at my brother. He glares right back. I had made that suit for the thing that's been swinging around New York just in case we asked him to join.

"I'm sorry, you're a wanted criminal. Didn't think you'd care." Tony snaps right back. I wanted to kick his ass.

"Cap-Captain. Big fan, Spider-Man. Flame, I love you work." The spider kid salutes as he awkwardly introduces himself. I glare at the very young spider boy.

"We'll talk later." Tony says, silencing the kid as I move back to Steve.

"You've been busy." Steve says, motioning with his hands to the kid.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave-a safe place! Brainwashing my sister into being on your side! I'm trying to keep-I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony says, looking very tired.

"You did that when you signed." I tell Tony, looking at my brother as I stand next to Steve.

"Alright you're going to turn Barnes over and come with us now! Because it's us and not a squad of guys that don't care about being impolite! Come on. Come on, Pey." Tony pleads, looking at me. He doesn't want to fight me. It's all over his face.

"We found it. Their quinjets in hangar five, north runway." Sam says other the comms. Steve lifts up his hands.

"I'm sorry, Tony, but I'm not going to ditch my husband." I tell my brother just as an arrow shoots through the web material binding Steve's hands. Tony's faceplate slides up after he glares at me one last time, but before he glares his eyes widen slightly.

"Alright, Lang." Steve says and Scott, who was on Steve's shield quickly grows, taking the shield back from Spider-Man.

"I believe this belongs to you, Captain America." Scott says and he hands the shield back. My brother's argues amongst themselves as Steve throws his shield at T'Challa. I fly up and shoot a fireball at Rhodey.

"Y'know your brother is going to be so mad at you when it finally sets in, what you said." Rhodey says, aiming his blasters at me. I shrug, my hands lighting on fire. My ring was currently on the dogs tags that were safely around Steve's neck, under his suit. I didn't want to melt that ring, which Bucky had let me know it was Steve's mother's wedding ring. It was in the Smithsonian Archives. Key word: was.

"What else is new?" I ask, dodging a blast from him. I use my telekinesis to throw him backwards and into the ground. I land on the ground, not really wanting the fight the second brother figure in my life until he goes after Steve. Instead of going after Rhodey, I turn my attention to T'Challa. I throw a ring a fire around him.

"Your highness, I'm still mad about what you did to my cheek." I tell him as I float above him, making the fire grow hotter.

"Well next time don't keep me from getting Barnes." He shoots back and I roll my eyes. He jumps up and grabs me, yanking me down. I land in the fire, but I let the flame cover my body.

"Well now I'm unhappy." I stand up just as Scott runs up to us.

"Hey Cap, heads up. Throw it at this." He says as he hands Steve what looks like to be a small toy truck. Steve throws it and it quickly grows into a large truck, crashing in a fiery explosion, which almost hits Natasha and Rhodey.

"Aw man. I thought it was a water truck." Scott says and I sigh, extending my hands out and drawing all the flame onto me. Scott looks at Steve and says, "Dude, your wife is badass."

"I know." Steve laughs as he smiles at me. Steve and Scott run side by side to the Quinn Jet as I fly above them, a fiery beacon. Wanda, Clint, Bucky, and Sam soon catch us with us. We are all moving together, that is, until Vision rudely cut us off.

"Captain Rogers, I know you believe what you are doing is right, but for the collective good, you must surrender now." Vision says as the rest of my brother's team lands near him, all of them standing across from us.

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asks and I land near my husband, my flame disappearing. I look up at him. In this moment, I'd do anything for him.

"We fight." He says simply as we start walking towards them. Walking becomes jogging, jogging becomes running. Wanda, Sam, and I fly up as the other team does the same. Tony and Steve against each other while I land in front of Spider kid, kicking him to the ground. I can't do anything more because my brother pulls me off of him.

"I am so pissed at you right now." Tony practically growls to me as he throws me into an airplane. I hit the side of it hard, which makes me groan in pain. I roll off the wing and jump down to the ground. I land beside Steve and Bucky.

"We got to go. That guys is probably in Siberia by now." Bucky tells Steve and I.

"We have to draw out the fliers. I'll take Vision, Pey can get Tony. You get to the jet." Steve says, looking at Bucky.

"No you get to the jet. Both of you. The rest of us aren't getting out of here." Sam says over the comms. Steve looks at me. He doesn't want to leave me. It's written all over his face. I grab a hold of his hand, touching my thumb where my initials are embroidered on his suit. He looks down at the letters and then at me.

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we are going to win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Clint responds too. Bucky looks at Steve and then me.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve." Sam says and I nod.

"You guys got to go. They're right." I tell Steve, looking at him and then Bucky. Bucky looks like he doesn't want to leave me either, which is weird seeing that we haven't known each other long. I squeeze Steve's hand.

"Alright, Sam. What's the play?" Steve asks, his eyes still on me. I swallow hard, putting on a brave face for Steve. He and Bucky need to do this.

"We need a diversion. Something big."

"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half, don't come back for me." Scott says and I sigh.

"He's going to tear himself in half?" Bucky asks, looking at me very confused. I shrug.

"You sure about this, Scott?" Steve asks, all three of us a little worried.

"I do this all the time. I mean once. In a lab. And I passed out." Scott responds and I sigh again. I turn to look at Bucky.

"You better make sure he doesn't die or else I'll kill you. Understand?" I tell Bucky, very serious. Bucky nods and I hug him tight, surprising the super soldier. I let go of him and turn to my husband, hugging him tightly.

"Don't die please. Come back to me and don't lose my ring. I love you." I tell him, kissing him lovingly as hold onto him. He hugs back and kisses me back as well.

"You don't die either. We still have a honeymoon to go on. I love you, Peyton Rogers." He tells me with a watery smile as he pulls away. Suddenly Scott becomes huge and I look at the two soldiers in front of me. I pull the emotion away from my face.

"Go! Go!" I shout and they do what I say. I watch as they run off just as Sam takes out my brother. My eyes land on T'Challa, who is chasing after the two men. I chase after the Black Panther, throwing fireballs at him, letting my fire cover my body once more. Scott blocks off T'Challa, so I'm able to fly off in order to fight someone else. Which happens to be War Machine. I throw a huge fire ball at him in order to stop him from hurting Wanda anymore. Vision throws me to the ground besides Wanda, where I land hard. The air escapes my lungs and my body hurts all over. I watch as the Quinn Jet flies off. Wanda is talking to me, but there's a ringing in my ears.

The next time I'm getting up, it's because I'm forced to. My hands are forced behind my back and handcuffs are put on my wrists. They put me and the others in separate vans. I sit with guns pointed at me. From there on, it was a series of transfers until a helicopter carried me off to the Raft. I wasn't mad. I knew what would happen. I just prayed Steve and Bucky were okay. My mouth mouthing the words to the Hail Mary.

"You and Steve are married now?" Clint asks suddenly while we are being transported to the Raft. I look up at him, being drawn out of prayer. My chains clink as I shift in my seat, body sore.

"Yeah. We got married this morning." I respond, looking out the window. Out of the corner of my eye, he nods. Sam is silent. Wanda and Scott are on another helicopter.

"That's good. You deserve it." He says, which is much different from what I've heard from in a while. I look at him, the first man I truly loved and smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.4K 17
holland stark, the brilliant yet rebellious younger sister of howard stark. taken from SSR by HYDRA after Steve is injected with the serum, she becom...
14.8K 190 38
The Avengers show up to Natasha's safe house but they encounter her daughter Y/N Romanoff. Y/N rescues and Rehabs animals. She is already dating some...
16.6K 243 33
Sarah has no idea who she is or where she came from, the only person she knows is Tony Stark, her commander. But what happens when his friends find o...
738K 11.7K 81
(Y/N) and chris have been friends since High school. (Y/N) is an actor like chris and gets the opportunity to star as the main roll in the next marve...