The Bromance Problem

By PastelGenesis

Big chaos arises when Zayn decides to speak up about his Bromance status- which is none. When he announces he... More

Part 1 Louis' Unicorn Diary
Part 2 Sleepout
Part 3 Sleepover in Harry's Room
Part 4 Partial Forgiveness
Part 5 One Man, Two Bromances?!
Part 6 At the Hospital
Part 7 Mrs.Tomlinson has come to see Boo Bear!
Part 8 The CatScan
Part 9 Harry's Question, Finally Known
Part 10 Leaving the Hospital and Going Home
Part 11 Larry Stylinson
Part 12 Breakfast Time Again and a Little Twitcam
Part 13 Dinner Gone All Wrong
Part 14 Ambulance
Part 15 Back Home Again
Part 16 Larry Heats Up
Part 17 Planning the Trip
Part 18 Possible Drama?
Part 20 Forever Together and No One Can Stop Us
Part 21 Zayn's Literal Dream Girl
Part 22 Plans
Part 23 Haz Wants to Go to the Park
Part 24 Tacos for Dinner!
Part 25 Fix Things Up
Part 26 Jiffy-Puff Brownies
Part 27 Tomlinson's Second CatScan
Part 28 Titanic
Part 29 Harry is "UnManly"
Part 30 Last Breakfast with the Lads
Ending Note from Genesis

Part 19 Break Up

169 1 0
By PastelGenesis

Part  19

Break Up

Harry sighed and settled back into the pillow. "Well that went well."

Louis seemed a little relaxed, walked over and lay down next to Haz. "Yeah I think it did, unless you were being sarcastic?"

Harry shook his head. "Nope." he turned to face Louis. "I really do miss seeing all of them, Lou."

"Aw, Harry. Well I'm pretty sure they'll come by the room with dinner or just to chat. They miss you too!"

Harry nodded and scooched closer to Louis. "But I also like spending time with you." he said with a smirk. The older boy started blushing bad and tried speaking but he was too embarrassed.

Harry laughed and backed up "Calm down Lou! Your face is so red right now!" he continued to laugh. "S-sorry" Louis stuttered, still red. His eyes were looking at random places. "I love spending time with you too..."

Harry was staring at Louis, grinning "Why are you so embarrassed?" He didn't touch the older boy in case it scared him again. The older boy's mind was racing. "I'm not embarrassed..." he said shyly looking at Harry. Harry's smiled faded "What is it then?" he said still keeping distance.

Louis noticed Harry keeping his distance. "Nothing! At least I don't think so...I guess I'm not in the mood..." he lay down, his back facing Harry. "Just...don't worry about me."

Harry frowned "Come on Louuu!" He whined moving closer but still not touching Lou.

The older boy's heart hurt hearing Haz whine but gave in, still not looking at Harry "I love you a lot, Harry...it's just...I don't know what to do about...Eleanor."

Harry eyes widened "Louis! I'm so sorry! I forgot about El!" he exclaimed, moving away and covering his face. The older boy immediately turned back around, hugging his friend. "No! Don't be sorry. It's my fault."

Harry moved back a bit "Louis. You have a girlfriend..." he said closing his eyes "I'm so so sorry."

"I can break up with her. She doesn't have what you have. I can’t love her the way I love you I'd do it for you!" Louis pulled back to look at Harry's face. The older boy had tears at the edge of his eyes.

"Louis. Don't cry." Harry said "But I don't think we should do Ehm...Anything else until you two are broken up...Officially."

Louis wiped his eyes. "Tomorrow. I can do it tomorrow. Or today even. Is it ok with you Harry?"

Harry sighed and nodded. "Okay. I think I'm going to sleep now." he said trying to wriggle out of Louis arms.

"Oh...um...right sorry." Louis let go completely then got off the bed. He was heading for the door.

"Good night Louis. I'll see you in the morning." Harry said turning over and closing his eyes.

Louis opened the door, and walked out. "Yeah. See you in the morning." he said as he shut the door behind him. Harry sighed. The big room seemed so empty without his best friend next to him. And to make matters worse his wound was killing him. His bottom lip started to wobble a bit and he brought his knees up to his face, so he was curled up.

Meanwhile, Louis had just taken his shirt off and put some pajama shorts on & then remembered something. "I'm such an idiot!" he yelled as he slapped his forehead, running out the door to Harry's room & barging in. He saw Harry curled up in the bed & he ran over. "Haz?! Are you ok? I'm so sorry! Your wound must be hurting like hell! Lemme get the meds." He took out the bag & was able to stretch one of the younger boy's arm out to insert the needle, which he did.

Harry winced at being moved. "Thanks" he mumbled trying to wipe his tears without Louis noticing. "It was hurting a bit."

Louis' face seemed mixed with pain & concern. "A little? Harry. You were curled up." he said not touching the younger boy.

"Uhh. Yeah. I was just... Cold. Yeah." Harry said nodding, trying to keep his voice steady.

"You're cold? Here let me get you a blanket." the older boy got up and took an extra blanket out from the closet & covered Harry with it. "Are you sure that's it Haz?"

"Ehm, yeah. That's it." Harry replied, curling up in the blanket. "Thanks."

"Ok...well goodnight then..." Louis looked a little sad but slowly headed for the door anyway.

Harry restrained from asking him to come back. And stay with him. As soon as Louis was out the door, he ripped the blankets off and sighed staring at the ceiling. The older boy was still outside the door & felt too broken to even make it to his room. He ended up falling asleep in front of Harry's door.

Harry eventually fell asleep. When he woke up the next morning he was briefly confused why Louis wasn't there. All the memories came flooding back to him and he groaned and pulled the medicine out of his arm, setting it aside. Outside Harry's door, Lou sensed that the younger boy must be awake. He got up, stretched & knocked on the door. Harry's eyes shot up to the door. "Yeah?" he lightly called, his voice deep and rough from sleep.

"Ehm...it's me...Louis."

"Oh. Yeah." he said clearing his throat. "You can come in..."

Louis slowly opened the door then walked in. "Hey, how're you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine." Harry said eyeing the blankets on the floor, hoping Louis wouldn't notice and figure out that he lied about why he was curled up.

There were small bags under Louis' eyes. He walked up to the bed and sat up next to Haz & noticed he took out his meds already & also noticed he wasn't looking at him. "Do you not want me here Haz?" he asked, turning his head to face the boy.

Harry moved his gaze to Louis. "No! Stay!" he cleared his throat again "Ehm... Please?"

Louis smiled a little, about to put his hand on his friend's, but pulled it back. "Sure, whatever you say Haz."

Harry frowned. "You should call El..." he suggested. "Oh yeah..." Louis pulled out his phone, standing up while dialing El's number. "Hey El...yeah I'm fine...um actually yes. Can you meet with me here outside the house tomorrow?...ok great. See you then." He sighed & hung up, sitting down on the bed. Harry smiled slightly. "Thanks Lou..." he said trying to sit up.

"Anything for my Haz." he said about to hug Harry but deciding against it.

Harry just smiled. But he mentally cried inside, "I won't be able to kiss Louis for another whole day."

The older boy’s eyes were sad but he tried to smile. "Are you hungry?"

Harry shrugged "I'm a little hungry I guess..." He said slowly while playing with his hands.

Louis got up. "Ok! I'll go get you some! Anything specific you want me to get you?"

Harry shook his head, fixing his eyes on the wall across him, trying to pull back his tears. "Harry...?" Louis walked over to the younger boys' side, resting his hand on Harry's arm. "Are you ok?"

Harry looked Louis straight in the eyes and nodded. "I'm fine."

Louis had a blank expression but in his mind he was going berserk. "No. Harry you're not fine. Please tell me what’s wrong."

Harry just shook his head, breaking their eye contact "Seriously Louis."

The older boy's expression became angry. "Fine. I'll just go get...something." Louis stormed out of the room slamming the door behind him. Harry sighed and squeezed his eyes shut letting a tear slip out. He was frustrated with himself for making Lou upset. In the kitchen, Lou angrily slammed down two plates and cups then stood there, head handing down, disappointed that he'd make such a scene in front of his friend. At that moment, Liam walked into the Kitchen. "Hey!" he smiled at the older boy, walking past him to the fridge.

"Um...yeah I am." Louis took out some oatmeal & put apple spice on it. "It’s nothing..."

Liam walked over and swiftly took Louis bowl from him and set it down at a spot on the table. Liam sat down across from it. The older boy sighed and sat in the seat where the bowl was. "To start...I'm breaking up with El today..."

"Well that's good right?" Liam said half smiling. "that means you can be with Harry!"

"Yeah I know!" Louis exclaimed, his face brightening for a moment. "But...he seems to not want me to touch him until I do...and I just kinda had a tamptrum in front of him…storming out of the room..."

Liam nodded, thinking. "Well. Right now you technically still have a girlfriend... I guess he feels bad about everything."

"But why? I told him I’m the one to blame! He shouldn’t feel bad."

Liam bit down on his lip. "Well... I think he doesn't want to create more problem. I don't know what you two have done... But technically you were cheating on Eleanor while doing it." He replied calmly.

The older boy put his head in his hands. "I really messed up but I don’t want Haz feeling guilty..."

Liam shrugged "Hopefully he will feel better after you break it off with El... How've you've been feeling though?"

"I feel like the worse person on earth to be honest..." he replied.

Liam shook his head. "Don't worry Lou, Eleanor will understand."

"What if she doesn’t? She’s a wonderful girl and now I’m just...maybe it’s for the best...she deserves someone better."

Liam thought for a second "I just don't think you are the right guy for El. You were meant for Harry."

"Maybe I’m not even right for Harry...I don’t know..."

Liam was about to respond when his face turned in to a mix of Surprise and concern. Behind Louis, Harry hobbled into the room, clutching his side. Louis quickly turned around & jumped out of his chair, making it fall when he ran to Harry's side, clutching his arms. "Harry! What are you doing?!"

"Ehm I wanted some water... And you had been down here for a while. So I thought I could get some for myself." he shrugged.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Louis looked frantic. "You have to be lying down! I’m so so sorry! I’ll get your water but please at least sit down!" The older boy led the younger young to a chair & helped him sit down. Then he quickly got a glass of water and brought it to Harry.

Harry sighed "Thanks Lou, but I'm fine." he said taking a sip of water.

Louis sat down and faced Liam. "Um...Liam can you leave for a sec please?"

Liam nodded and got up and left. Harry sipped his water watching Louis curiously.

Louis swallowed. "Um...Harry...call me an idiot for asking but...do you really love me?"

Harry replied "One, you are an idiot for asking, and two, of course I love you!"

Louis smiled a little. "Another thing...I'm sorry for being a jerk. I dragged you into this & now you’re mad at yourself when you should be mad at me."

"You weren't being a jerk Louis" Harry said frowning, playing with his hands.

"No I was!" Louis protested.

Harry looked up and shook his head without a word, then looked back down at his hands.

The older boy sighed. He got up to the side of Harry’s chair, his back facing the boy. "Want me to help you go back to the room? You can piggy back?"

Harry sighed. "I'm sick of my room. I'm bored in there!" he whined.

Louis turned around. "Oh well what about we go to the living room and you can lie down & watch TV?"

Harry shrugged "it's better than my room I guess..." he replied

"Ok! Try to get on, carefully." Louis turned around again bending down a little.

Harry slowly stood up and turned towards Louis. He draped his arms around Louis shoulders. The older boy picked up Harry’s legs and held them firmly as they walked to the living room. He set Harry down on the couch.

"Thanks Louis." Harry said stretching out on the couch and looking up at the older boy.

"No prob Haz!" Louis sat on a seat near the couch turning on the TV.

Harry turned in his side slightly and turned his eyes toward the TV. He smiled as he remembered last time they watched TV. The older boy glanced at Harry and smiled, remembering last time too. Then they heard the door bell. Harry gave Louis a confused look. "Who's that?" he mouthed to him.

"El" Louis mouthed back. He got up "Coming!" then opened the door. "Hey. Can we talk outside?" Lou said to El when he opened the door. Harry heard El say "yes" then the door shut behind. Harry sighed and unsuccessfully tried focusing on the TV.

El and Lou stood a ways from the doorway. "El...You're a great girl but...we can’t be together anymore."

Eleanor gave a shocked look and looked at the ground wiping away a few tears. "May I Ask why?"

Louis sighed and looked straight at her. "I...love Harry and well I can’t give you the love you need. I think you deserve someone better."

Eleanor half-smiled through tears. "You mean, Larry Stylinson is real?" she asked.

"Yes..." Louis reached his hand out to touch her shoulder. "Please don’t cry..."

"I'm sorry." she cried. She pulled him into a hug. "Can we stay friends at least?"

"Sure! We can still be friends." he said while hugging her back. "I’m sorry..."

Eleanor pulled back "Don't be. I'm glad that you and Harry are together now" she smiled.

Lou looked confused. "Really...?"

"Well yeah. It was bound to happen at some point. You two are basically inseparable." She said smiling up at him.

"Thanks I think. And thanks for understanding." he smiled down at her.

"No problem Lou. Speaking of Harry, are the rumors true? Did he really get shot?" she asked with a look of concern.

The older boy rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah. He's on the couch watching TV right now."

"Oh my gosh!" she covered her mouth "is he alright?"

"Well I guess sort of. His wound hurts once in a while but we have meds for it."

"Wow... I’ll let you go back to him. Tell him I say get well!" she said giving him another hug.

Louis returned the hug. "Ok! Bye then!" He turned around and went back in the house into the living room. Harry had fallen asleep on the couch and was lightly snoring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 10.4K 25
We all feel lost at some point in our lives. For Harry Styles it was when he was in a tragic accident that changed his life. After years of recoverin...
349 59 16
Enemies waited for eachother's love ❤️
16.3K 333 16
Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan all knew they were different from the start. They met each other at school and...
142K 5.4K 14
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles never really got along. In fact, they despised each other, which was confusing since both of their mothers were best...