Maeve

By SVINSKI

"A King is not complete without his Queen." This is a story. A story that is far too unreal for anyone believ... More

a little note
Prologue
ChapterOne: Human
ChapterTwo: Plaything
ChapterThree: Eating with mice
ChapterFour: Finding Light
ChapterFive: Miracle
ChapterSix: An Outsider
ChapterSeven: The Chase
ChapterEight: Stranger Danger
ChapterNine: The Princess
ChapterTen: Tomatoes
ChapterEleven: Dark Hallways
ChapterTwelve: Meeting Him
ChapterThirteen: A Mouse Called Tommy
ChapterFourteen: Happy Birthday
ChapterFifteen: The Ball From Hell
ChapterSixteen: Prophecy
ChapterSeventeen: Coldhearted
ChapterEighteen: A Snowy Village
ChapterNineteen: Pain
ChapterTwenty: A Rapid Coyote
ChapterTwentyOne: The Beast
ChapterTwentyTwo: His Prey
ChapterTwentyThree: Defending Tommy
ChapterTwentyFour: Foley
ChapterTwentyFive: A Walk To Unknown
ChapterTwentySix: A Shooting Star
ChapterTwentySeven: A Lonely Bird
ChapterTwentyEight: The Girl Behind The Wolf
ChapterTwenty-Nine: Journey to the woods
ChapterThirty: The Beauty On The Moonlight
ChapterThirtyOne: Butterflies
ChapterThirtyTwo: The Echoing Screams
ChapterThirtyThree: Mother Of Four
ChapterThirtyThree: When He Still Had A Heart
ChapterThirtyFive: Regret
ChapterThritySix: Wanted
ChapterThirtySeven: The Screaming Lady
ChapterThrityEight: Back To Him
ChapterThirtyNine: Gusts of Wind
ChapterForty: The Circle of Red
ChapterFortyOne: The Damsel in Distress
ChapterFortyTwo: Black Wolf
ChapterFortyThree: The Funeral
Epilogue
Last Words
Little Witch

ChapterThirtyFour: A Family Reunion

108K 4.1K 677
By SVINSKI

The human girl was sleeping peacefully in her large bed. Sleep has always been a place where she has had the chance to escape the problems in real life. When she fell asleep the sky was clear but soon after she fell asleep the sky started to cry and throw bolts of lightning towards the sleeping species. Since the beginning of the time, people have always thought that there were gods behind the different things in life. If that is truly the case then the god of lightning is currently yelling in anger that he has never felt before. Or that is what the sky at least looked like.

In her dream, she was walking in a deep forest. Little rays of sunlight managed to pass the wall the trees had made to the sky. It reminded her a lot if her childhood. Almost every day she and her mother went to the woods to pick berries and mushrooms for dinner. A smile plastered on her face.

Sometimes she could see small meadows and colorful flowers grow in them. It almost took her breath away how beautiful everything was.  

The smells of flowers and trees around her filled her nose. There are no words to describe how much she loved nature. Even in her own dream, she admired the nature around her. But even in the dream, the branches of different plants cut her feet and legs until they were bleeding from small scratches. Her shoes were nowhere to be seen as she walked on the moss.

Nature has always been a safe place for her no matter where she was. Picking a flower from the ground and sniffing it the world around her went blur and the next time she could see correctly was when she was standing outside of the small cottage she once called home with her siblings.

The cottage that was located in sector seven and a small village with no name. The entire village was filled with werewolves and two humans, no one ever fought with each other. They danced, laughed and sang at every celebration, the last one before the murder of everyone expect one was Maeve's birthday. 

The people had gathered to the middle of the village and sang her 'happy birthday' before they ate the cake that the village's baker had prepared for free. It was one of the happiest days of her life. How she could see the other children she had grown with hug her and give her flowers as almost no one could afford to buy books or clothes. Never had Maeve owned a good friend in her time at the village with no name.  She just never understood the people with her age there and they didn't understand her mind. 

The place she once called home was just as she remembered it. A small log house with flowers growing around it and moss covering its roof.

Her legs took her inside the house to the room where she witnessed her sister being shot by an arrow. Pain filled her heart as she noticed how cold and empty the house looked like when once it was filled with love and noises of children laughing.

A tear fell on her cheek.

As the tear fell so did her dream change. No longer was it a happy dream with birds and butterflied flying around but a nightmare. 

Feeling like she was trapped in the house she rushed out trying to get more air in her lungs.

Take a deep breath in, and out. She told herself as she was gasping for air. The sky over her had also changed. The beautiful sun and its rays were replaced by a crying sky and bolts of lighting.

A loud growl behind her made all the hair in her body stand up. 

Turning around and taking a thick stick from the ground to use as a weapon. It was a large wolf with dark grey fur covered in blood. Step after a step it made its way towards the human. Her legs felt weak and her eyes were trying to focus on everything else than the big predator in front of her. When it growled again showing its bloody teeth Maeve started to run away from the beast.

Hearing its paws hitting the ground behind her made her run even faster. Her heart beating faster as the adrenaline in her body made everything happen in slow motion. How everything around her had slowed down, even the tears of the sky. The wounds in her hand and legs made her running a little bit harder because of the pain but she didn't care. The last thing she desired at that moment was being eaten by a wolf.

Step after a step the wolf reached her. Maeve couldn't understand why it was chasing her. Did she look like a perfect snack for it and its family? 

That's when her leg got stuck in a root. Her body crashed down with a voluminous pain in her ankle. A whimper left her mouth as she tries to get her leg from the root that had decided to keep her as a hostage.

A drop of drool fell on the ground next to her.

Realizing that there was nothing she could do any more to save her own life. The stick she once had flown away from her hand when she tripped down. 

"P-please," she shuttered hoping that the wolf would understand her.

The beast snarled.

"Stay a-away f-from me!" She yelled trying to look like braver than a small mouse in front of a cat. Maeve noticed small rocks next to where she was lying down. Throwing them towards the wolf was a fools idea but the only one she had left. Nothing changed except the fact that the wolf looked even more angrier.

But then the most surprising thing happened, the wolf sat down next to her like a puppy. Wawing its tail and panting like a dog and not an angry wolf.

Maeve put carefully her hand on its head and started to pat him slowly. The wolf seemed to enjoy it making Maeve laugh. It felt good to laugh and looked like the sky had had enough of crying and started to smile again.

"You a-are a good boy, aren't you?" She could have sworn that the wolf had smiled at her. She kept patting him for a while before hugging its hairy body. The blood she once saw wasn't there anymore maybe being washed off by the rain or it was only her imagination.

Then the oddest thing so far happened. No more was she hugging a hairy body of an oversized dog but a human man. Being startled by it she pulled away from the hug.

The man was gorgeous, his dark hair made a contract to his hazel eyes. Something in him seemed so familiar but she couldn't put her mind on what it was.

"Who a-are you?" She whispered. 

The man smiled, "Don't let him kill me, mum." He said and kissed her head before standing up and walking away from the human girl.

Something flashed in Maeve's head, even she couldn't quite figure out what it was. "Cearul?" She whispered and tried to stand up and follow him but her leg was still stuck at the root. 

The man disappeared and in his place was a small boy, no older than three years old. He waved at her before disappearing to the woods.

Screaming after the boy and trying to run after him her eyes snapped open in real life. Her heart was beating fast as if she just had really run in the woods.

Checking the environment she was currently in seemed familiar making her beating heart calm down. 

"It was just a dream," she muttered.

But what she didn't notice was the dark figure in one of the corners watching her. There are no words for him to describe the feeling of relief as he saw her unharmed and safe. She looks just like he remembered her looking like since the last time he saw her. 

He watched as the girl stood up from the bed and made her way to the window. She hadn't noticed him, yet. There isn't much time left before he has to go back and hopefully he can bring his daughter with him. 

Maeve watched as the storm outside waved the trees and bushes. It's so weird that something so powerful can be so beautiful at the same time. To see how powerful nature truly is, it could kill the entire world of supernatural and humans if the mother nature truly wanted to do so. If something it also reminded her of her dream. 

She couldn't shake off the feeling of how the man looked like. His hazel eyes were the same shade as hers. He also called her 'mum'. 

Could it be? She wondered and put her hands over her plump abdomen. Did her own child contact her through her dream? Maeve didn't even know if that is possible. Probably not, she was just imagining things like usual.

She remembered how it felt like when the wolf stared at her. How someone was watching her, actually she was feeling it right now.

A chill went down her spine.

"Dominic?" She whispered wishing that it was only him or her imagination.

Seeing it as the only chance Oliver got of revealing himself to his daughter he walked away from the shadow. He saw as Maeve's eyes widened and her face got pale. Never did he want to see that look on his daughter's face. 

"I'm not that beast," he cursed. The hope that could be heard when her daughter said his name was something that made Oliver see red. 

The girl took a candlestick on his hands, "Who a-are you?" She had recognized him as the man in the woods who had the same eyes as her brother.

"You don't recognize me?" He asked.

Maeve shook her head. How could she recognize a man she had once seen in the woods from a long distance? 

Oliver took a deep breath, "I'm your father."

Maeve froze. Could it be that her father finally heard her pleads of him rescuing her? She eyed the man and like said before he carried a big resemble to William. But there is no way he can be her father. He is dead, or that is what Maeve told herself since she was a little child. She has never heard a thing about him, Alison never told anything about him when Maeve asked about her father. It was only a dream that kept her going on her first months at the castle that her father was alive. That she still had a family.

But now everything is different. She has a new family or at least she is going to be a mother of her own.

"He's dead," the man couldn't be her father. He just couldn't. He is only an imposter who wants to get close to the king.

"What can I do to prove it to you?" He pleaded.

"When it's m-my birthday?" She whispered. The only persons who knew her birthday are all dead now. No one else survived from the massacre that happened in her village than her. 

"You were born at the thirteenth of June in 1678"

Maeve blinked, he was right. But there is no way he is her father, he must have checked it from the books of her village.

"Why have you ne-never come to see me?" That was a question that has been on her mind ever since she was seven. It hurt to see the other villagers hug their father and from the few weddings that were held where she saw the father of the bride walk her down the aisle. 

"It was for your own safety," he muttered quietly.

That made Maeve's blood boil. She has been an orphan for over a half a year because of her own safety? Was it safer for her to be chased by the wolfs or being executed by an ax? Was it for her own safety when she cried over her father and the loneliness she felt every time she saw a child hug his or her father?

She threw the candlestick straight towards his face. luckily for Oliver, he managed to dodge it on time. Tears fell on her cheeks. 

The man had come close to calm her down and that is when she knew it. He truly is her father. No matter how much she wanted to deny it, she couldn't do it forever. Her father had come back to her at a time she didn't need him. He came back just when she had managed to learn how to live again as an orphan. 

She was no longer an orphan. 

Her child is going to have a grandfather. 

Noises of guards could be heard on the hallway making Oliver curse. He needed to leave right now if he wanted to keep his heart in his chest. He closed the distance between him and her crying daughter.

"We need to leave now, m'iníon."

"We?" 

"I am going to take you back home."

***

The library's door was open when the guards rushed in covered in fear. They had to do it, there was no other option if they wanted to keep their heads on.

Dominic was looking at the couch at the library. The same old and worn couch held so many memories in it. He remembers if it was only yesterday when his father barged in with the damn sword Dominic has always hated. It's too heavy and he has learned that the fastest way to kill a person is ripping their hearts out. That is also more painful than the strike of an old sword.

Once had he used it and there is no way he is going to touch that thing again. After the genocide of humans, he had hidden it to the library. Behind the shelves where no one ever looks. 

Not only did the couch remind him of the previous king it also reminded about the carrier of his heir. It almost seems like this library is her favorite place in the castle. Almost every time he walked in there he could see her sleeping on the couch or reading one of the books.

He smirked as he saw one of the books with a fairytale on the ground. When he had the book on his hands he could feel a presence behind him. He was too tired to hear about some problems the guards had noticed. It's probably just something he can deal with tomorrow.

"Yes?" He asked.

One of the guards opened his mouth, "Someone has broken in the castle."

"Then go find that someone." Sometimes Dominic really wonders does anyone else in this castle own a brain.

"It seems like the intruder has already left,"  the other one said. Before Dominic had the chance to start to yell at them about why they already aren't chasing the intruder the guard continued. "We also can't find your mate, your highness."

The alpha male marched out of the library making his way to the room where the pregnant human should be sleeping without saying a word to the guards. The beast in him trying to control the feelings filling his body is being filled with.

Breaking the door open he walked in and noticed the empty bed and an open window, but there was no living soul inside the room.

The human was gone.

***

So, does this chapter repay the long wait?;) 

I had this chapter almost done but I had to rewrite the entire chapter because the text was so poor and bad that I cringe when I even think about it. And I did all of this because of you guys;) First I was supposed to update tomorrow but I wanted to give you guys a little extra surprise because of the long wait for the new chapters. 

I am currently sick and lying on the bottom of my bed trying to make sense on here with the text I am writing now. I am pretty sure that all the rules of English grammar have disappeared on my author notes. But well my English teacher isn't luckily reading this...  Also all the translations of different languages (except English are 100% by google translate)

Next update will be lastly on 30.12 or a few days earlier;) If you want the update to be a little earlier, please remember to share your thoughts on the comment section and color that little star😁

Hope you all have had an amazing day and will continue having one after this update;) btw love u all and spend an amazing holiday where ever you are from:)❤️

...and remember to drink hot chocolate for my girl Maeve;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5M 445K 40
"Be careful, sweetheart. I can make you scream my name right now if only I wanted to. And it wouldn't be screams of fear or pain; it would be screams...
1.7M 75.2K 52
Twenty years later, it's time for an heir to take the throne and time for a new ruler to lead the wolves. It is time for a new beginning. It is time...
392K 13K 30
She's efficient, loyal and frank. This isn't surprising considering for someone with her ugly past. She was born and grew up in a small family in a b...
6.8M 219K 64
MATURE BOOK! MEANING MATURE THEMES, TOPICS SUCH AS SA, S*ICIDE, ETC... If ur definition of mature was just smut this book doesn't have it-BUT BEFORE...