Change Me (Tobias Eaton FanFi...

By Jenni9797

It has been four years since Tris's death. Tobias is somehow unable to move on from the past. One day, while... More

1
2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15

Chapter 6

4.4K 87 4
By Jenni9797

Zey POV:

I sat on the bed, thinking about what I said to Tobias. I remember the day my family died. Blood everywhere, terrible things, and promises ...

We were in the kitchen, eating plain food that Abnegation ate all the time. I stirred my spoon around my chunky chicken soup. 

"How was school today?" My father asked me and my siblings.

"Amazing! We learned so much!" My sister shouts, all excited. I rolled my eyes, continuing stirring my soup.

"How about you Zey? How was your day?" He asked, curious. I shrugged, not looking at him.

"It was alright, I guess," I muttered quietly. Then sirens sounded. These sirens are different that I ever heard. My father looked scared. He immediately got up and ran upstairs. My mom ran up to us, forcefully grabbed me and my siblings.

"Stay here with me alright. Don't ask anything." Mom said, calmly. I started to panic. I don't understand what is going on. I heard screaming going on. And gunshots sounded. I jumped. My siblings started to cry. My mom hummed a song, trying to calm them down. I was shaking. My father came running back down with a suitcase. He whispered something in my mom's ear. I stared at them.

"Zey?" My father spoke up. I looked at him, scared. "You have to promise me to keep this suitcase safe." He handed me the black suitcase. "I love you so much, dear." My mom said to me, kissing my head. "Promise me that you will protect your brother and sister." Then the door slammed open. My mom quickly pushed me to the closest closet, along with my sister and brother. And she slammed the door shut. I peek through the door side.

Dauntless soldiers came in and pointed their guns at my parents. Then gunshots sounded. And a sound of bodies falling to the ground. I covered my siblings' mouths, preventing giving off our location. I tried not to cry out. I felt hot tears running down my cheek.

Footsteps sounded, coming closer and closer to us. I hold my breath, muffled crying coming from my sister and brother. I tightened my grip of their mouths. I felt the suitcase next to me. I was shaking so much. Then I accidentally loosened my grip of my sister's mouth. She cried loudly. I quickly covered her mouth again. I took a deep breath, hoping that they didn't hear it.

But I was too late for that. Footsteps stopped and ran to us. They opened fire at us. We screamed. I fell down with my brother and sister. As I fell down, I kicked the suitcase more further to the door. I didn't feel any gunshots. That's how I knew my brother and sister are dead. I hold in my cry, pretending to be dead. I tried to hold myself together. They looked around and left. Once it was completely quiet, I cried out. I slowly got up and looked at my siblings. Their small bodies covered in gunshots.

I grabbed their little heads and rested them on my lap. I rocked back and forth, I placed my head between theirs. I felt warm blood on my hands. I didn't care. My sister and brother are dead. I cried harder. I lifted my head, kissed their tiny foreheads, and gently placed their heads on the floor.  I ran to my parents. My father's shirt was all red and soaked of blood. The same as my mother. I fell on my knees. I am all alone now. All alone. 

I rested my forehead against my mom's. I closed my eyes. "I am so sorry..." I muttered over and over again. I slowly opened my eyes and saw all my tears on her face. I kissed her forehead and went to my dad.

"I promise dad. I promise." I kissed his head as well. I went to the closet and went down on the floor, looking for the suitcase. I felt the handles and grabbed it. I pulled it out and looked at it. I opened it and there was a whole bunch of documents. I looked around and finally to my dad's feet. He is hiding these documents from them. I closed it, got up, and brought it to my chest.

I ran up to my parent's room and opened a secret drawer where we kept a gun. I grabbed it and placed it in my gray pants, which they were covered in blood. I ran back down the stairs and took on the last glace at my parents. I put the suitcase on the coffee table and walked to the closet. I picked up my sister and put her head on my dad's chest. I ran back and picked up my brother.

I placed his head on my mom's chest. I scooted them closer to each other. I put my dad's arm around my sister's shoulder and his other arm around my mom's. I put my brothers and my sister's arms around our parent's waist. I moved out of the way. This position reminds me of a picture that I took when we were in a picnic. We were all happy, laughing, enjoying everything, hope, alive. I cried again. "Stop crying Zey. Keep yourself together." I thought. Then I took a deep breath and grabbed the suitcase.

"I love you guys. I always will love you." I walked to the back door. I looked back into the living room. "I promise," I muttered quietly. Then I got out, looking around, then running for my life.

I inhaled deeply, trying to not cry. I never felt this terrible. It was all my fault that my family is dead. If I haven't loosened my grip, my brother and sister would still be alive right now. I took deep breaths, trying to keep my crying quiet.

I laid down and closed my eyes again. I could picture myself and my family at the picnic. We were having the best day of our lives. We ran around and smiled. We never felt alive. No drama, no work, nothing to worry about. But now I have things to worry about. My life and others are in the line. I still remember where the suitcase is located. I hope no one finds it.

There was a knock on the door. "Can I come in?"  I recognize that voice. It was Christina. I tried to sit up when the door opened. "Hey Zey, how are you feeling?" I sighed.

"I feel great." A hint of sarcasm came out of my voice. Christina sighed and sat next to me.

"Really, tell me." I sighed in frustration. I ran my hand through my hair. Christina just sat there, looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know..." I shrugged.

Christina exhaled loudly. "If you say so." She said quietly. "I heard you were with Tobias up in the roof." She wiggled her eyebrows. I gasped and playfully pushed her shoulder. Christina laughs at me.

"Who told you that?" I asked her.

"Who do you think told me?" I rolled my eyes.

"Zeke," I said.

"Ding, ding, ding." She said, tapping her nose.

"Of course." I sighed.

"Do you like him?" She asked. I raised my eyebrow.

"Who? Zeke?"

"No! Tobias!" My eyes went wide and my heart accelerated. I shook my head.

"No! Why you ask that?"

"No just wondering." She giggles.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just the way he looks at you. He used to look at a girl exactly like that." I slowly nodded.

"Was it Tris?" I asked. I looked at her. Christina looked surprised.

"How did you know?"

"I saw them together when the Dauntless soldiers were attacking Abnegation. They are Divergent. Just like me." Her eyes were coming out of her head. "I met Tris before. At school, but I never really talked to her much." I shrugged.

"Tobias loved her so much," Christina said. "But she died. Someone shot her four years ago. And now Tobias found you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean that Tobias looks at you like he wants to protect you. You don't notice it, but we all notice it."

I scoffed."He barely knows me though." She shrugs.

"He cares for you." She smiled. I shake my head.

"You're just saying that."

"I mean it." Christina looked at me seriously. I sighed. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I don't want to be in any relationship with anyone. The last time I was, it was a total nightmare and I regretted it. He was sweet and nice at first and the next thing you know it, he betrays you.

"I'm tired. I need to rest. I will talk to you later Christina." I scratched the back of my head, stalling. She nods and smiles.

"Alright then. Goodnight." She got up and walked to the door. She looked at me one last time. "I never saw Tobias the way he is acting right now in like four years. It's because of you. You make him the way he is." And she shut the door behind her. I sighed loudly and laid down. Why did she tell me this about Tobias? I don't care. His heart belongs to a girl he truly loved. I sighed. Tobias was a really sweet guy. He saved my life. I wouldn't be here without him.

Why am I even thinking about him? I shake my head and put the covers over me. I forced my eyes to seal shut went to sleep. As I slept I could see Tobias smiling at me and his dark brown eyes staring at me. But without realizing it, I smiled back.
..........................................................................................................................................

I opened my eyes and I saw my family in our house in Abnegation. My parents laughing and my siblings eating and smiling.

Then sirens, the same sound of sirens what sounded when Dauntless came. I snapped my eyes open. I wasn't dreaming about the sirens part at all. Someone was slamming at my door. I ran up to it and opened it. A girl with tattoos all over her arms.

"Hurry! Get the hell out of here!" I heard her scream through the sirens. The girl ran down the hall. I stuck out my head and saw that everyone was running out. I grabbed my shoes and pulled them on. I ran down the hall and looked around for Christina or Zeke or Tobias. The crowd was hard to walk through.

Screams covered the halls. Then an explosion sounded from the top. The building shook. I lost my balance and fell on the floor. More screams occurred. I tried to get up but some people would just step on me. Pain spread through my legs. Then a firm hand grabbed me and helped me up.

"Are you alright?" I turned and saw that it was Zeke. I nod.

"Are we under attack?" I asked. Everyone ran around us.

"Yes. We need to get out of here." He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

"Where are Christina and Tobias?" I looked around hoping to see them.

"Christina is on the second floor looking if anyone stayed behind. And I'm not sure where Tobias is at." Then gunshots began to surround us. Some of the wall pieces fell. I turned and saw a man climbing through the windows.

They pointed the gun at me. I screamed to Zeke. Zeke quickly pulled out his gun and began to shoot at them. We continued running, pushing our way through.

They found me. And they are here to finish their job. To kill me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone!

please comment and vote for this chapter. Thank you!!!:D

jenny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 642 24
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
38.1K 1.2K 22
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
150K 6.5K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

311K 7.7K 113
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...