Chapter 10

Zey POV:

I couldn't move. I would tell myself to move, but my body won't respond. Anthony is here. How did he find me so fast? How? I can't take my eyes off of him. He looked scarier than I remembered. I ran half of my life and I forgot how he looked. I couldn't breathe, the atmosphere was unpleasant, too much tension in the air. Christina, Zeke, and Tobias had their guns pointing at them. If they shoot, we all die.

"Zey, my how you have grown." Anthony started to walk up to me. "You look just like your father." His fingers brushed against my cheek. My breathing hitched.

"Leave her alone!" Tobias yelled. I closed my eyes. He is going to get killed.

"Why, aren't you the famous Tobias Eaton?" Anthony said I heard him walking towards Tobias's direction.

"Why do you fucking care?!" His voice sounded rough and throaty.

"Language sir." Anthony's footsteps stopped. I opened my eyes and turned my head towards them. Tobias had his gun pointed at Anthony's chest. Anthony's group clicked their bullets in place and pointed towards them. "So how's Tris?" Tobias's nose flared with anger. Tobias didn't answer. "How is Tris?!" He asked again, so loud that it echoed.

"She is dead!" He finally answered.

"Oh, I know. I just wanted you to say it." Anthony's smirked evilly. I looked at Tobias. He was doing something with his fingers behind his back. Zeke and Christina looked at Tobias, confirming that they understood. I was the only one that didn't.

"Let me tell you it was a shame that Tris died. She could have been very useful." Anthony started to pace back and forth. I felt Zeke walking closer to me. I looked up at him. He slightly nudged my arm, the one with the gun. It took me a few seconds to know what he is saying. He wanted me to raise up my gun. I sighed and raised up my gun, clicking the bullet in place. Anthony stopped in front of me. "Wow, you look so scary pointing the gun at me."

"I would look scarier if I killed you right now." I challenged him.

"Well, you will be dead first if you shoot me."

"I don't think I would."

Anthony laughed. "You are just like Tris." He examined me. "No wonder Tobias looks like he is going to defend you." He turned his head towards Tobias. I followed his gaze. Tobias glared at me and whatever so slightly, he nodded his head. "Now you are going to be just like Tris." He brought his face closer to me. "Dead." His group pointed their guns at me this time. As Anthony was about to move out of the way so they can shoot me Tobias yelled,

"Now!" Zeke, Christina, and Tobias, quickly shoot up in the air and hitting the lights, making everything dark. Then Anthony's group fired at us. I felt a strong arm pull me out of the way. We slammed the door open and ran down the hall.

"They're escaping! Go after them!" I heard Anthony yell.

We all ran as fast as our legs could carry us. I heard gunshots coming from behind us, hitting the walls. I gasped as one almost his me on the head.

"Come on hurry!" Tobias yelled. I almost stumbled on my feet, trying to catch up with Tobias. We ran until we lost them, and we took a turn and it was a dead end. The only way out was through the window. We could hear the men charging towards us every second. "It's the only way!"

"We are going to get killed!" Christina yelled.

"No, we are not, there is an old Amity truck that is filled with hay. Which is weird becau-"

"Jump already!" I yelled. "They are coming! And we are wasting time!"

"Christina, Zeke go together, holding hands, alright?" They nodded. They joined hands and took a few steps back and ran. They jumped up at the same time through the window. The window smashed and pieces of glass flew everywhere. I heard Christina scream a little. "Ready?" Tobias asked me.

"Yeah." No, I wasn't. My heart was pounding like drums. Tobias slid his hand from my wrist to my hand. He nodded and took a few steps back. Few soldiers barged in, firing. We ran to the window and jumped. I could feel the wind rushing through me, I looked down as the hay looked closer and closer. Then we landed. I felt metal hitting my head. "Ow." I looked up and saw that I banged my head on the truck. The truck started to move. I panicked.

"It's just Zeke driving," Tobias reassured. I looked up at the building and saw men still shooting at us. Some of the bullets hit the truck. I crawled over the piles of hay and slammed my hand on the window. Christina turned around and slid the window open.

"What?"

"Drive faster!" I told her.

"Zeke drive faster."

"That is what I'm trying to do!" He yelled.

"Duck!" I felt my body hitting the hay again. Christina quickly moved her head, ducking. Then a bullet hits where I was sitting. I panted and looked up at Tobias.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded.

"They are right behind us! Step on it, Zeke!" Tobias ordered.

"I'm trying!"

"You're not trying hard enough!"

I still noticed that Tobias was on top of me. His legs straddling over mine. His hands placed at either side of my head. His chest was close to mine, rising and falling quickly. I bit my lip. What am I thinking! We are about to get killed! Tobias looked down at me and he removed himself from me. I sat up and looked behind us. The truck looked smaller and smaller as we drove. I turned my head and saw that we were heading towards the Amity fields. We drove through the opened gates and out towards the fields. But I noticed that we weren't stopping there. We continued driving. I looked at Tobias, who was giving orders to Zeke. Christina saw me and noticed how scared I was. She opened the door, while it was still driving and hopped over to the back.

"Breathe Zey."

I let out a heavy breath, that I didn't know I was holding.

"Tobias go up front." She told him. Tobias snapped his head towards us. He looked at me, not sure if he should."She will be fine Tobias." She gave him a small nod. He nodded back and walked over us to the door. I don't know how they do this without falling.

I took deep breaths, trying to relax. But it wasn't working. Christina sat next to me, our backs against the truck. She sighed. "It feels like I am doing this all over again." She chucked once then frowned.

"How did Tris die?" I asked her quietly, hoping Tobias wouldn't hear.

"It's rather a long story."

"We have plenty of time." I looked around as we drove through nowhere.

She chuckled. "Alright then. It all started when I met her..."