LOVED✓

By _Bed_Of_Roses

A NOVEL ON STOCKHOLM SYNDROME BOOK 2 OF A THREE BOOK SERIES *TRIGGER WARNING* This book contains scenes that... More

soooo....
Chapter one- you'll be traveling tomorrow
chapter two - life is playing tricks on me, isn't it?
Chapter three- Since when did you have such a snappy mouth?
Chapter four- Keep that bastard under control.
Chapter five- oh, and it's Jules
Chapter six- Way too much
chapter seven- I don't leave Nuisances around my work place
Chapter eight- A Friend
Chapter nine- This Bastard
Chapter ten- Don't be a time waster
chapter eleven- So Dad was right huh?
Chapter twelve- Is that a bad thing?
Chapter thirteen- She had really changed
Chapter fourteen- I'm beginning to reconsider this entire idea
chapter fifteen- Not knowing better be damned
chapter sixteen- I think I discovered that already
Chapter seventeen- For all I know this girl is crazy
Chapter eighteen- But I'm not going to say it
Chapter Nineteen- I love this girl
Chapter Twenty- I'm not fine
Chapter Twenty one- P.S. touch her and you're dead
Chapter twenty three- A little play hurts no one
Chapter twenty four- A little prouder than when I stepped in
Chapter twenty five- Get out of my cellphone
Chapter twenty six - You don't learn do you?
Chapter twenty seven- I'm getting tired
Chapter twenty eight- when will murder serve a less penalty?
Chapter Twenty Nine- I know it was Mason
Chapter thirty- If you put it that way
Chapter Thirty one- I don't think so
Chapter thirty two- knowing who he is
Chapter Thirty Three- Dylan?
Chapter Thirty Four- Dylan and Iris?
Chapter Thirty Five- Tiniest thread ever created.
Chapter thirty six- What did I do?
Chapter thirty seven- Do we?
Chapter Thirty Eight- long night
Chapter Thirty Nine - Everyone drove home
Chapter Forty- He also has a sister.
Chapter Forty One- Something else.
Chapter Forty Two- Only worse this time
Chapter Forty Three- like a baby
Chapter forty four- just for you
Chapter Forty five- Finally
Chapter Forty Six- Two Children inside
Chapter Forty Seven- chatting away
Chapter Forty Seven B
Chapter forty eight- A successful exit
Chapter Forty Nine- At least
Chapter Fifty- Yes
Chapter fifty one- I need to grow
Not an update!
Chapter fifty two- I don't think
Chapter fifty three- I have a visitor
Chapter fifty four- I miss the little girl already
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six- I'm sorry
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight- I really don't care
Chapter fifty nine- She was out the door
Chapter Sixty- funny thing is
A√N / Sequel

Chapter twenty two- Thank you

27.5K 1K 95
By _Bed_Of_Roses

So I wrote this chapter ravaging a malted drink and some crackers.

My brain needed a release from all the tension 💆

Chapter twenty two already but I'm having this titsy feeling that this book is really just beginning 🙃🙃

To all those reading, voting and commenting.. You still take my breath away and I love you all.

This probably isn't the best chapter, not much drama but hey, it's needed so..

Enjoy:::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was just standing up from bed when a call comes into my phone.

Surprisingly it's Dylan again.

I know he said he'll tell me something today but this early?, it's five thirty in the morning.

Sweeping my cover to the sides and checking if Louie is still asleep are the last things I do before answering the dial.

" Isn't it like three AM over there?" My voice groggy and dry.

That's the effect of a good sleep.

" Yeah yeah I know, but I couldn't sleep "

Now that has honestly got me worried. The only time Dylan ever had a difficulty with sleeping was when his Dad was diagnosed with diabetes.

It took a while to make him understand that diabetes and cancer are two different diseases entirely.

" What's up? Sleepless nights are not in favors for you "

" Remember when I said that I wanted to tell you something?" His voice sounds unsure like he's having a change of mind about saying it.

" Sure I do, just say it. I don't bite and you know that " My response elicits a chuckle from him.

" Of course I know that. But first have you heard from Meredith?"

He's switching topics? Something is wrong here.

" Sure, we spoke just yesterday. Kinda a funny story "

" Really? About what then?"

" I went for an event. Real expensive and classy but guess who the host was"

" Uhmm... Meredith?"

I laughed at his horrible guess but immediately slap my hand to my mouth to avoid waking Louie.

" Ha ha... Laugh all you want "

" I'm sorry but your guess was crazy "

" Tell me who then. The suspense is killing me!" Dylan had always been one to pay interest in stories.

" It was her Dad. In fact it was her whole family "

" You're joking "

" I'm not, that's why I said it was a funny discussion. I was telling her about the event and describing the hosts to her, The Reid family and all and she was like I think you just described my dad"

" Whoa!"

" Whoa indeed, I was shocked myself "

" How's she doing now? I know this news isn't the best to her " Concern now lacing his speech.

" She wasn't okay then but when I got her to talk about her new guy she became all mushy " I chuckled as I remembered her change of tone.

" She's got another guy? What if this one doesn't like pandas too?" He asked buy the humor in his voice couldn't stay hidden.

" Then sayonara huncho" We both laughed and there was a silence on the receiver.

He said nothing, just a very long pause that begins to make me fidget about what he's about to say.

" Dylan?"

" Iris. I know Hunter" He starts and that throws me off guard.

He knows Hunter? Who doesn't?

" We all know Hunter Dy-"

" No, not like that. I've known him since I was a kid. He's my cousin "

I felt a shadow of nothingness fall on me. Hunter is his cousin? This means he could have gotten to Hunter whenever I needed the assistance but he never did.

He just watched me burn and came back to console me.

Just like my parents did before.

" Iris?"

" Why? Why didn't you do anything? You just left me to suffer but you'd be the first to come cheer me up. Why did you do it?" I honestly feel my eyes getting hurt by the stings of tears threatening to escape.

" I did everything. I warned him, threatened him, heck I even told on him to his Dad who in turn warned him about it though his father had little doubts that his son could be a pest to someone's life. I tried everything but you of all people should know how stubborn he can be "

That's true. Hunter never listened to anyone. No one at all.

I was clearly surprised when he started taking instructions from his Dad.

Maybe time did have a little change on him.

" Why didn't you mention that you were related to him" Surely I should have known.

" For so many reasons, firstly you and Megan hated him. If I mentioned that he was my cousin only who knows what would have become of my dad's relationship with Megan's mom and I know my dad really loves her, I couldn't sabotage that"

So I wasn't the only one in darkness for a while.

" Does Megan know now?"

" Yeah, she found out after you moved to Bridgewaters on one of her visits"

So she knew and also kept me in the dark.

" I told Megan not to tell you because I promised to do it myself. I'm just so sorry it took a very long time to say it but it's not my fault "

" So who's fault?".

" Iris if i had told you that I was related to Hunter you would have hated me without giving me a chance "

He was right. I would have hated him the exact same way I hated his parents without even knowing them.

If I had known Mr McConnell was his dad I wouldn't have agreed to this job.

Maybe he was right to keep me in the dark.

At least I don't regret ever meeting or knowing him.

" Iris I'm sorry " He called out into the phone during my one minute pondering.

" It's okay"

" You.. You're not mad at me?" Surprised right?

" Not really. It was actually beneficial in a little way. I got to know a dumb dumb like you "

He laughed so hard at the other end that I could imagine his eyes crinkling up at the sides with his pearly white teeth on display.

I would have actually loved if we did work out together but life has a different plan for us.

" Thank you "

" What are you thanking me for? I should be thanking you for telling me the truth "

" Fine, so thank me then"

" Ugh.. I'll pass"

He chuckles again before clearing his throat.

" I'm coming down to New York soon to pay my lil' old cousin a visit. Maybe I can stop by your place ".

Oh he is in for a surprise.

"When you arrive at Hunter's, call me"

" Is someone trying to murder my cousin?"

" Perhaps "  I snapped back, receiving a chuckle from the other end.

" I'm so glad I got this off my chest. I can sleep again!" He cheered into the phone and I laughed once more at his childishness.

" You need it. Now I need to get ready for work and prepare Louie for school " I patted my little girls back as she slept peacefully.

" Oh, that's right. But remember if he tries any shit, hit my number. He's old enough to go to prison now" His voice was drop dead serious.

I laughed again.

" Bye Dy."

" Bye Iris and thanks again "

Then i heard the beep from the receiver.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 524 57
Aria know as the special one and the leader of the Venom underground Mafia team. have been through a lot in life. Until she came across Luca, would s...
120K 3.2K 62
Fallon Crow, a strong-headed powerful assassin, who wants revenge. Also known as the bastard child of a lord. Raze Aeden, the king of a country he n...
1.3M 44.8K 26
A married writer begins a passionate and destructive affair with a tortured artist, not knowing he has loved her since they met thirteen years ago...
1M 18.4K 73
𝑂ℎ, 𝑂𝑝ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑎, 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑎 𝑓𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑙�...