Living With Agreste

By Savaboo

At 16 years old, Marinette prepares for the chance of a lifetime. Internships, closer to defeating Hawkmoth... More

Chapter 1- A Place To Stay
Chapter 2- Options
Chapter 3- Ask Agreste
Chapter 4- The Answer
Chapter 5- Nervous
Chapter 6- Feelings
Chapter 8- Waiting
Chapter 9- The Meeting
Chapter 10- The Next Day
Chapter 11- Rumors
Chapter 12- Lies
Chapter 13- Time To Move
Chapter 14- Settle In
Chapter 15- First Gig
Chapter 16- Faces Of The Company
Chapter 17- The Wrong Bikini
Chapter 18- Apologies
Chapter 19- The Tear
Chapter 20- A New Model
Chapter 21- Empathie
Chapter 22- Freezing
Chapter 23- Trapped Together
Chapter 24- Vines
Chapter 25- Illusion
Chapter 26- Loneliness
Chapter 27- Alone With Agreste
Chapter 28- Back To School
Chapter 29- Worse
Chapter 30- The Three Witches
Chapter 31- Is She Really Sorry?
Chapter 32- Hands Off
Chapter 33- Back
Chapter 34- Emotions
Chapter 35- Date
Chapter 36- Costume Shopping
Chapter 37- Pity Party [Part 1]
Chapter 38- Pity Party [Part 2]
Chapter 39- Blurry Memories [Part 1]
Chapter 40- Blurry Memories (Part 2)
Chapter 41- The Truth
Chapter 42- Solo
Chapter 43- Hidden Feelings
Chapter 44- Sympathy
Chapter 45- Please
Chapter 46- The End
Addressing Feedback

Chapter 7- Blushing

53.6K 1.2K 4.1K
By Savaboo

Marinette made her way back towards the picnic area where she had been eating with Nino and Alya. Nino was still there on his knees, cleaning up Alya's lunch. The bluenette knelt to help and gave him a small smile.

"Where'd you go? Wait, why is your face so red, Marinette?" Nino suddenly asked, meeting her eyes. Marinette looked away quickly and gritted her teeth.

Why is my face red?

"Marinette? Hello?"

She perked up and looked at him again. "Sorry, I zoned out. Anyways, I was just in a rush to get back over here... for... class."

"You were walking." He argued suspiciously.

"I need to get t-to class," She said, standing while finishing up packing her things that she'd left beforehand.

"Marine-"

"I don't have time for your interrogations, Nino Lahiffe," She pointed her finger in the boy's face who pursed his lips in return. Instead of speaking, he merely nodded and stood up, pulling the blanket out from underneath Marinette's feet. She stumbled backward.

"What was that for?" She asked, hurt that he had done that intentionally.

"Sorry. But, Mari, you've been out of it all day today. Alya told me what happened in the bathroom. You can't be that nervous to meet with Gabriel Agreste?"

Marinette plugged her ears. "Don't say his name; I can't take it!"

Nino rolled his eyes. "Get a hold of yourself-"

His choice of words triggered the memory of Alya who said the same thing only a few hours before. She took a deep breath and lowered her hands, wrapping her fingers around her right arm.

"You can do it, Marinette. Just a few more hours, then you find out if you'll be able to stay here after all." He smirked. "And if you'll be roommates with Adrien Agreste."

"Nino! Housemates! Not roommates!"

Marinette hadn't thought about what the rooming arrangements would be if she were able to stay, for she simply guessed she'd have her own room.

I mean the house is enormous!

"HA! He may be my best friend, but I can't stand that house."

"I thought you liked it?" Marinette asked.

"Nah. Not anymore. Too much goes on behind those doors. I feel bad for my dude."

From a distance, Nino spotted kids heading back towards the school. Marinette checked the time and waved to Nino.

"I gotta go- well... We have to go! Come on! We'll be late!" She ran off, sprinting towards the school, barely giving Nino time to answer.

"Oka-" He watched her as she ran swiftly and grabbed all of the things, packing them on top of each other.

"WAIT FOR ME! SERIOUSLY? It's not even 5 minutes till!" He yelled after her before exiting the park quickly.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

When the final bell rang, Marinette wanted to stay seated and not move until the next morning. But there was no way she could back out of it now. The meeting had to be attended. By her. By Adrien. And by Gabriel.

This is best for me. I need to spend my Junior year here. I need to stay here because I'm Ladybug.

She watched as each student exited, grabbing papers from off the desk and sticking them into their backpacks.

"Don't forget to do pages 11-13, and these two worksheets!" Ms. Bustier called from her spot from behind the desk. She returned her attention to the board and began writing the agenda for the next day. Marinette slipped out of her chair and grabbed her things. She met Alya outside, who had a smile on her face already. Nino was glued to her hip.

"Have fun, Marinette! Remember, smile!"

"Yeah, just be yourself!" Rose called from behind Nino.

"W-Wait what?" Marinette asked, confused as to why Rose wished her luck.

"I know all about your plan. I was one of the people you asked, remember silly? I'm so excited for you! I hope Adrien says yes!" She waves before skittering off and following Juleka out of the school. Marinette slumped her shoulders forward and frowned.

"But Gabriel probably won't..." She muttered.

"Of course he won't!" A loud voice boomed from behind Marinette, and she groaned inwardly at the familiar sound.

"There is no way that my ADRIKINS would be living in the same house as Maritrash." She exclaimed to practically nobody. Sabrina nodded her head in agreement.

"Yes, so back off, Maritrash!" Sabrina shot back, smiling at herself. Chloe visibly cringed and shushed her short-haired friend.

"Anyways, stay away from my Adrien!"

"He is not your Adrien, Chloe! Why don't you understand that?" Alya retorted, rolling her eyes as usual. She had rolled her eyes so much in the past at Chloe, both Marinette and Nino felt as if she did it once more, they'd pop out of her head. Marinette shook her head.

"You don't own Adrien."

"Well, my daddy owns his father, so technically I own his father, which means I technically own him and-"

"Back off." Alya hissed. Chloe flipped her hair over her shoulder and shoved Marinette as she walked towards the stairs.

"Whatever. See you at school tomorrow! Or will I?" She let out a giggle that sounded hesitantly evil.

The only question Marinette had now was, who told her?

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"Marinette! You're going to be late! The third time today!" Tikki called, her voice muffled from the cookie her owner had given her.

"I know Tikki! I just need to- Oh god it's late I gotta go!" Marinette started digging through her closet again before pulling out a cuter outfit. She wasn't just meeting Adrien's father, but also the world-renowned fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. She had to dress to impress in order to showcase her pieces.

She pulled out a heart-spotted shirt with a red skirt, cute purple knee-high heart socks, brown boots, and a gorgeous brown purse that she had made herself for a project a few years prior.

"Here, Tikki, check, do you have enough room?" Marinette asked, thoughtfully. Tikki dived in and gasped from inside.

"Can you see me through the other side of the purse?"

Marinette was confused, yet she peered at the purse. Tikki could not be seen from the outside.

"I can't see you through the bag. Why?"

"Really? Yay! I can see through this side. I can watch what you're doing easier now!"

"Aw, Tikki. Should I just use this purse from now on?" Marinette asked.

"No, it's okay, Marinette. But for now, since you are super nervous about this meeting, bring this purse along so I can watch you and give you silent support!" Tikki popped her head out and smiled, acknowledging the extra room she had to move as well.

"How does that sound?" She squinted her eyes in happiness.

"Yes. Of course, Tikki."

"Thank you so much, Marinette!"

"No, thank you, Tikki." She closed the bag and looked in the mirror. Her stomach dropped, and her eyes darted over to the clock, which read 4:25. She was supposed to be at the Agreste Mansion at 4:30. That was 5 minutes. She squealed and ran to the mirror to check her appearance before climbing out of her room and shutting the hatch. She rushed out, giving her parents a quick explanation. Thankfully, they didn't ask for more information, and Marinette was able to make her way to the mansion. She pulled out a cherry flavored lipgloss she'd grabbed from off her dresser and applied it, the wind causing her hair to blow into her face. She groaned and pulled her hair out of the pigtails. Her hands flew upwards to put them back up, but she made a quick decision to braid them. When she finished with her hair and messy makeup, she arrived at the gates. She panted from the marathon she'd just ran and ran up to the entrance. She took a moment to catch her breath before hesitantly ringing the doorbell. A camera immediately popped out and confronted her. She leaned back as it came closer to her face.

"Who is it?" A stern woman's voice asked from the speaker.

"U-Uh, I'm M-Marinette. I'm here for a meeting with A-Adrien and M. Gabriel Agreste-"

Not the stuttering! Pull it together, Marinette!

"Very well. We've been expecting you."

"T-Thanks! U-uh, sorry I was late!"

She turned her face away, embarrassed.

"I'm always late." She muttered to herself.

"Please take a step back as the gates will be opening. Head to the door and Adrien should meet you there."

"Thanks!" Marinette bowed to the camera and stepped back, smiling awkwardly. She waved as the camera watched her walk out.

She took a deep breath as she approached the mansion. It was intimidating, being this close to the home of Adrien Agreste with the intentions of staying there for a year. She felt her fingers grow numb as she reached for the door.

It immediately flew open, and she gasped in shock. Adrien stood there, his shaggy blonde hair blocking the setting sun from his face. He still wore his designer clothes from the second modeling gig he had that day. He smiled as his eyes met hers and glanced up and down, observing her outfit.

"W-Wow, Marinette. You look nice." He complimented, before politely stepping aside to let her in. She didn't say anything because she knew she'd die if she opened her mouth. She nodded and thanked him with a weak thumbs up.

So embarrassing.

"Here- um, my father is this way. Is there anything you'd like to talk about before we go in?" He asked. Marinette was stunned to sense that he was nervous as well. She parted her lips, but a struggled breath came out.

Come on! He's your friend! You talk to him all the time! Just get the words out.

"N-No." She stated before turning towards the area he'd pointed before.

"This way?" She asked.

"Yes. Come on."

She followed Adrien but stopped when he pulled her back, his hand clasping onto hers.

"It's okay, Marinette. My dad's not THAT scary. You'll be fine. And no matter what, we'll figure it out." He reassured before gently releasing his fingers from the girl's shaky ones. Marinette was so nervous that she couldn't react to what had just happened. She simply nodded and smiled back at him. They walked into the room together, and she swore she could hear the thumping of her heart.

Adrien watched her as they walked. He felt weird for checking her out but felt better once he realized she hadn't noticed the blush that covered his cheeks as she turned away. She really did look pretty in a different outfit from, and her hair was different. There was something about her that Adrien couldn't pinpoint. He made her feel a certain way, but until he could discern this feeling, he was just happy that she was one of his closest friends.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

A/N: Hey dreamers! The next chapter is here! It's a bit longer. Remember, I'm rushing. I will have these edited soon by my official editor, my friend Gen. I will also add finishing touches, but until then, please enjoy what I've got so far. I'm super excited for the next chapter. Anyways, art credit to the artist who's watermark is on the picture above.

Song Choice: Ignite by Alan Walker, Julia Bergan, and K-391.
This song very correctly represents the spark between Adrien and Marinette, and I can definitely relate it to this chapter since Adrien is beginning to realize that Marinette makes him feel different then other girls do.

Word Count: 1932

Bug Out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 994 12
It was 8 years after Marinette and Adrien got their miraculous, and 4 years after Ladybug and Chat Noir started dating when Hawkmoth was defeated. Th...
207K 8K 57
𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗: 13th SEPTEMBER 2016 𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟: A MIRACULOUS FUTURE (Completed in 2021) Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Paris's infamous superhero...
35.1K 732 20
SO OLD, SO CRINGE I BEG OF YOU DON'T READ THIS I WAS LITERALLY 12 WHEN WRITING THIS GUYS ITS NOT GOOD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED On everyone's 17th birthda...
58.3K 2.1K 6
We are aware of how Marinette found her love for Adrien Agreste. A simple but caring gesture that revolved around an umbrella sparked an everlasting...