Mated

By Gen1104

Selene Reed has had no contact with the Red Moon pack for years. Now all of a sudden she is called to a pack... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

36.2K 912 29
By Gen1104

“What’s taking her so long?” Selene complained. She stared at the street, no sign of Gia. She let out a frustrated sigh.

I didn’t tell her where I was, the thought came in a flash. She shook her head, “No, the town is not that big, she’ll find me” She watched as a black Infiniti G35 parked in front of the vintage clothing store. Her heart stopped, and she immediately stood up as Nicolai came out of the car.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Are you alright?” he asked quickly coming up to her. There was worry, and a glint of anger, in his eyes.

“Y-yeah” she answered “why are you here? And where is …”

Before she could finish what she was about to say, he pulled her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his head in the hollow of her neck, sparks rushing all over her. He held on tight to her as if they would no longer see each other.

“Hey, I’m fine, really” she brought up her arms and gently patted his back.

“I don’t know what I would do without you” he told her truthfully.

“Uh, listen” she said placing her hands on his arms, and backing away from the embrace. She cleared her throat “why don’t you take me home?”

He nodded “Yeah” he let out a long sigh “Come on” he said grabbing her hand, and sending all those previous sparks on motion again. He led her to his car.

* * * * * *

Nicolai did not say anything all the way to Selene’s house. He was still tense. The moment that he heard that Selene was missing his wolf took over. He turned his head to look at her. She was beautiful. Her caramel skin shone like a goddesses as the sun rays reflected upon her. She was asleep, she looked so peaceful.

Nicolai parked his car next to her truck and turned off the engine. He dropped back on his seat and simply stared at her. Without thinking twice he leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. She moaned, as she slowly opened her eyes.

“We’re here” he whispered, a sweet smile across his face. Her eyes widened, and she pushed him back on his seat. Then abruptly jumped out of the car.

“Selene” he called after her, but she was running to her house. “Wait please” he begged.

She stopped before opening the door, then turn to face him. She was gazing at the ground.

“I’m sorry” he apologized “please forgive, I-I know that I shouldn’t have taken advantage of the situation, but…” he leisurely walked closer to her, she did not move.

“Please, please forgive me” he begged again.

She looked up at him, no emotions shown on her face. “You better leave”

Without giving him a chance to speak she turned and opened the door only to be shocked at the sight in front of her.

“Gia?” she asked shockingly. Her friend was holding unto Cameron, her legs wrapped around his waist. They were both kissing with such intense passion.

Hearing her name Gia brusquely stopped the kiss, “Selene!”

Selene crossed her arms, and raised her eyebrow at Gia.

“This is…I-I” Gia started, then turned to glare at Cameron “what do you think you’re doing?” she blamed it on him.

Cameron looked confused for a second, and then smiled.

“Put me down you brute” Gia demanded.

“No” he replied “I like you just where you are” Gia gasped, and tried to break away from him, but he held onto her.

“You better let me go Cameron, if you don’t want to say goodbye to your little friend down there” she pushed with all her might, but to no avail.

“Damn it, damn you Cameron, damn you” she pointed her finger at him.

Selene silently chuckled, as she watched Gia struggled to get free. She felt someone walk up behind her, she had absolutely forgotten that Nicolai was still there.

 “Maybe we should leave them alone” he whispered in her ear.

“Ok, that’s it, Cameron please put her down” Selene said trying to get away from Nicolai.

“Well, you heard her” Gia said. Cameron hesitated, then sighed and gently placed Gia down.

“Just wait, one of these day you’re going to wake up with a rope around your neck, let’s see if you smile right there” Gia told Cameron.

“I do like the idea of a rope, just not around my neck” he winked at Gia.

“You would you little pervert” she snapped back.

“Alright, well, both of you have to go now” Selene said looking at Cameron and Nicolai.

“I just…” Nicolai began, but Selene interrupted him.

“You can’t stay here, you are an alpha and I’m sure you have many things to attend to”

She was right, he had already spent too much time here, he had to get back to the pack house.

“Before I leave” he said closing the distance between them “I just wanted to tell you that my sister and my mother are coming back from their trip tomorrow, I wish for you to meet them”

“I-I…”

“You can bring your friend as well,” he said giving her no opportunity to speak. He turned around and left the house.

“I’ll see you tomorrow” Cameron whispered to Gia.

“Drop dead” she glared at him. He laughed before heading out the door as well.

 Gia walked to the door and closed it, “Good riddance” she said turning to Selene.

“We need to talk” Selene told her friend.

* * * * * *

“Alpha!” Nicolai turned to see Mark running towards him as he entered the pack house; he had been left in charge in the absence of Nicola and Cameron.

“What is it Mark?”

“There is someone here to see you”

“Who?” he asked.

“Nicolai, it’s been a long time” Nicolai growled as he saw who it was.

“What are you doing here James” he barked.

“To take my rightful place, as alpha of this pack”

* * * * * *

“What is the deal between you and Cameron?” Selene curiously asked.

“Nothing, I don’t want to talk about it”

Selene studied her friend, “You like him”

“No I don’t!” Gia said stomping into the kitchen. Selene followed

“Why?” Selene asked

“Why what?”

“Why do you NOT want to like him” Selene clarified.

“Why don’t you want to like Nicolai” Gia snapped back at her.

Selene stared at her, she sighed and then spoke “I’m afraid” she admitted “I have lost too many people in my life, and… and I just think that…what if I lose him? What if he dies? I don’t want to go through that pain again. I’m already frightened of losing you and be left alone, I could not bear the thought of…” she closed her eyes resting against the refrigerator.

 “You won’t” Gia said coming up to her “You will never lose me, I’ll always be here for you” she hugged Selene tight “and if I happen to die, well, I’ll come for you and take you with me”

Selene chuckled. “And I would do the same for you”

“Your turn” Selene said looking at her friend.

“Well…he’s just intolerable, I can’t stand him” she said crossing her arms.

“Yet, you like him” Selene teased.

“Yeah, I do” she sighed “stupid men, making us feel this way, I curse every man on this planet”

 “Agreed” Selene concurred.

“So, what about your job?” Gia asked changing the subject.

“Oh it was great, I’ll be working in this vintage clothing store, and I’ll start in two days”

“Hey, that’s great! I am so proud of you” Gia said giving Selene another hug “You know what, this calls for a toast” she said opening a cabinet, and taking out a wine.

“Oh great idea, I’ll get the glasses”

* * * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481K 14.6K 52
*Warning - Contains 18+ Content* He holds my face firmly between two hands. "Sienna, I'm not going to have you for the first time one of Maren's gues...
16K 863 28
Series of bottom Namjoon fan arts and........ few AI edits.
2.5M 86.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
341K 13.5K 24
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...